God of War

Sep 12

Sep 12

PS4 System Software Update 4.00 Out Tomorrow

John Koller's Avatar Posted by Vice President, PlayStation Brand Marketing, SIEA

The next major system software update for PS4, version 4.00 (codenamed Shingen), will be available tomorrow. This update brings a refreshed system UI, Folder organization, updates to the Quick Menu and Share Menu, Library improvements, and much more!

We detailed a number of the new features making their way to PS4 prior to the beta program last month, but we wanted to share some additional information on other changes that you’ll see after updating your system.

Quick Menu — Music

In addition to updating the Quick Menu to make it easier to access without leaving your game by having it cover only a portion of the screen and making it more customizable, we’ve also added several new items to the menu. One new addition to the Quick Menu that wasn’t featured in the beta program is an enhanced Music section to allow you to discover, play, and control Spotify without needing to open the app.

From the Music section of the Quick Menu you’ll now be able to play, pause, skip, shuffle, repeat and save songs. The Music section also allows you to discover recommended playlists for the game you’re playing and view your saved Spotify playlists and songs. When you select a playlist, you’ll be able to see all upcoming songs and choose to play all, or select an individual song to listen to from that playlist.

The PlayStation Music team and Spotify have been working with your favorite game creators to create playlists to enhance your gameplay. Follow PlayStation Music on Spotify to get the latest gaming playlists first.

PlayStation 4 Pro Updates

In anticipation of the release of PS4 Pro on November 10, 2016, we’re adding a number of features that will support the system’s ability to output high-resolution content. This update will enable the following on PS4 Pro:

• 1080p streaming for Remote Play on PC/Mac and compatible Xperia devices
  • 1080p streaming for Share Play
  • 1080p 30/60fps live broadcasting on YouTube
  • 1080p 30fps live broadcasting on Twitch

High Dynamic Range (HDR)

When we announced PS4 Pro and the new slimmer PS4 last week, we also announced that all PlayStation 4 systems — back to the very first console sold in 2013 — would be HDR capable. After updating your system to version 4.00, you’ll see HDR settings in the Video Output Settings and be ready to enjoy HDR gaming and entertainment content once it’s available on any PS4 system you own. Of course, you’ll need an HDR compatible display as well.

What’s New

What’s New has been redesigned and now includes more information about what your friends have been doing on PS4.

The left column includes the new Activity Feed, which has larger images and easily accessible options to like, comment, or reshare. The right column includes sections for Now Playing, Trending, Players You May Know, and Who to Follow.

Content Info Screen

We’ve given a similar redesign to the content info screen, which you can access by pressing down on a game tile while on the home screen. You’ll be able to easily select from a variety of options to view a game’s Overview, Trending media, Friends and Communities, Activities, and related PlayStation Store content.

Data Transfer to New PS4

In order to make it easier to get all of your data from one PS4 to another, especially if you upgrade to PS4 Pro, we’ve added the ability to transfer data over a wired LAN connection. You can transfer games, user info, and saved data. Of course, you can re-download content and transfer saves through the cloud, but the LAN transfer should be much faster and easier.

Those are just some of the more prominent additions making their way to PS4 in this update, but there are a number of other refinements to the system software overall. Please enjoy!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 6

Butters360 said:

September 12th, 11:02 am

Sweetness! Loved the beta.

THEMIKEMCD said:

September 12th, 11:47 am

You heard it here first folks! PS4 elite/Premium will be released with a 4K player and higher specs.

sic_savior said:

September 12th, 12:52 pm

Since you had the beta, does 4.00 still include custom background images. I know at one point they discussed this being part of the update but the article doesn’t mention it.

Holonboy said:

September 12th, 1:15 pm

You can add a background image to your profile page, but not like a custom theme or anything for your overall PS4. I dunno, I could be wrong and they just haven’t mentioned the latter. Also, they mentioned not everything in the 4.00 update was included in the beta.

BattleSkard said:

September 12th, 1:50 pm

Only thing left is the online ID change and were good

jamaal76 said:

September 12th, 1:51 pm

So when y’all guys going to give us the option to add an external hard drive like Xbox1 that’s what we need with these large games that take up so much space…. GIVE US THAT FEATURE PLEASE…. P. S… AND IF U HAVE TIME MAYBE THE NAME CHANGE WE ALL BEEN ASKING FOR.. .. IF ITS NOT TOO MUCH TO ASKED

MakaiOokami said:

September 12th, 2:21 pm

@TheMIKEMCD

Not sure what a PS4 Premium/Elite is. The PS4 Pro I know of, but not sure what other words you’re saying mean.

Not sure what a 4k player is. Are you talking about a UHD drive? Please refer to the first statement.

What I do know is that every PS4 is capable of photos and videos in 4k. They just won’t be able to utilize UHD discs, but movies on Amazon, Vudu, Netflix, all of those will work digitally.

I know that within the next 3 years we should at least hear about the PS5, if not a PS4. I also know that UHD has not come to very many movies yet with there being less than 200 movies or so as of yet, but in 3 years, the PS5 will be in a much better place (due to FinFETT and 4k T.V. adoption) to be the premier 4k system.

It will likely launch late 2019, or sometime 2020, unless the PS4-5 switch takes longer than any generation (6-7 years)

So keep all this in mind as you decide to drop thousands of dollars on entertainment systems, PS4s, Xbox Ones, etc.

TehShingen said:

September 12th, 5:15 pm

With a codename like “Shingen” it better be good :-p

butmudBrooks said:

September 12th, 6:00 pm

Am I ever going to be able to hide my deleted programs? The OCDmofo in me is going crazy with all those useless betas and completed games I’ll never play again.

AmericanArcher99 said:

September 12th, 10:37 pm

What time will this update be released today?

vageshrma said:

September 13th, 12:43 am

Why its not available in india :/

ickleo said:

September 13th, 3:59 am

Since updating my sony wireless headphones 2.0 have white noise in the background despite even trying to upload new config to them. Not happy

daviddking100 said:

September 13th, 5:08 am

OK is the ps4 neo ps4k

dylcar69 said:

September 13th, 5:30 am

Will I need to clear some space on my HD for the update?

shyhee said:

September 13th, 6:58 am

Everything Playstation is doing this year is great for new gaming experiences. Thus, Playstation is upping the anti on many different, features, updates, and games. Thus, I want to extend a thank you to you guys. Follow my blog at, shaheerhenderson.blogspot.com

oSwiftys said:

September 13th, 11:34 am

Can I use the PlayStation 3 eye when I stream now

IceNavyCEO said:

September 13th, 2:22 pm

Hello, I think the update is actually cool! But I think their should be an option to change our online ID when ever we want but a limit to changing it. Like changing it 3 times and a limit we have to wait a few months to get another opportunity.

Arkhaine said:

September 13th, 7:51 pm

Please give us the option to use either the white notifications or the black. The new white notifications are absolutely obnoxious and hideous.

TheCrazyGhoul said:

September 13th, 9:40 pm

Anyone else experiencing problems when they try to play games , I keep recienving network errors and cannot connect to any online game servers of any game. After the update this has been a huge frustrating problem for me.

The2k17god1717 said:

September 14th, 12:12 am

Can we get a name change already

Virtxe_ said:

September 14th, 6:18 pm

Please just give us the option to change our PSN Name! PLEASE!

Bry_Bry340 said:

September 14th, 7:41 pm

So does that mean all PS4 systems will be able to stream 4K content: netflix, amazon, etc?? Last thing I want to do is buy a whole new console

JRyDE said:

September 15th, 9:24 pm

If you’re on the Beta now will you need to install an actual 4.0 update?

Z-e-c-h-e said:

September 16th, 10:44 pm

My ps4 is fooling me since updating to 4.00! Big network problems…

I can see my friends are online, I can even use the chat. But I can’t create any host session in game or for headset or join any session’s..

The “Internet connection test” is breaking up with point 3, after he was finding the IP

Reseting the network connection did not change any, my pc and phone are working totally normal with going online! so it must be a ps4 issue : (.

AF_Rafael_E said:

September 17th, 8:36 am

My PlayStation was fine before the update. Once update hit, it has been crashing on start up and I have to manually power it up afterwards because the controllers won’t start them. Usually I have to start it twice because after it checks it’s system storage it shuts off again. Any ideas? I even bought a new drive.

BUdDy18714 said:

September 19th, 3:00 am

Just did the update and now I can’t play any games. Please comment?

AizawaYuuichi said:

September 12th, 11:04 am

Can’t wait to get my Folders on tomorrow!

sheardude said:

September 12th, 11:05 am

Question: I currently have a 2TB HDD in my PS4. If I were to eventually get a PS4 Pro, would it be plug and play with my existing HDD after updating the firmware and swapping the drives?

LegolElf said:

September 12th, 11:10 am

I wonder this as well, but with the PS4 Slim I’m picking up this week.

Can I just take out my 2tb HDD from the current PS4 and plug it into the PS4 Slim and everything just work?

Wavetwister2007 said:

September 12th, 11:17 am

If it’s anything like when I swapped out HDD in PS3 probably not; as far as I remember when installing a new HDD you have to download the OS via PC from the PlayStation website & then install via USB, in essence starting with a ‘blank slate’. I lost all of my game saves through my ignorance to this fact so PlayStation Plus would be of great benefit; however reading the post concerning data transfer it would appear that it can all be done via LAN cable between the two PS4s.

Torgo said:

September 12th, 11:24 am

The drive can definitely be used in the Pro, but as soon as you put the drive into a different PS4, no matter what model it is, the PS4 will format the drive. So backup the drive in the original system with an external USB drive first, then restore everything once the drive is in the new system and freshly formatted.

You can’t simply swap the drives though, since the drive is tied to unique hardware identifier of that specific PS4.

ValhallaOutcast said:

September 12th, 11:25 am

No hard drives are encrypted when you put it in a different console it will format

Majere1170 said:

September 12th, 11:26 am

Nah, hot swapping won’t work. Partly because of having to download the base OS, but also because the drive is somehow tied to serial number it was used in. IE, best bet is to back everything up on a PC or external drive, format the 2TB, install the base OS file, swap the 2TB into the new box, finish OS install/update, and then reload the backup file from the external drive or PC. That’s assuming you don’t want to buy a second HDD or mess around deleting everything unnecessary from the 2TB you have.

Dragonchasers said:

September 12th, 11:34 am

Great question and one I’d like to see answered, too. In an ideal world we’d put the drive out of the old system and into the new one and be done.

EnigmaNemesis said:

September 12th, 11:40 am

It will not be ‘plug and play’ any more than from one PS4 to another, or from one HDD to another. The system has to format the drive. However, you will be able to backup/restore, just as you would now. It is still a PS4, just on steroids.

DeathReaperYT said:

September 12th, 11:42 am

I wonder if my 2tb hdd will fit in the PS4 Slim, any answers? Would be helpful :)

snakeeyes211 said:

September 12th, 11:55 am

I actually have the same question

turniplord said:

September 12th, 2:15 pm

To those asking. The slim takes the same hd as the original ps4 – so up to 2tb laptop sized. I don’t know about the pro, I’m hoping it supports the 4tb laptop drives as the original chassis wasn’t big enough

MakaiOokami said:

September 12th, 2:29 pm

If the PS4 does not have a “Copy All” feature yet, then you will have a pain in the butt experience transferring your 2TB PS4, to a 1TB PS4 PRO, turning your PS4 PRO into a 2TB one.

To be honest I don’t now why Sony doesn’t just have a $450 2TB Pro-Bundle. I’m not sure why Amazon doesn’t just have an exclusive access to the 2TB model if they are worried about distribution and over production. Just sell it on Playstation.com and Amazon.

I don’t think the pro will sell tons. I think the best selling will be the SLIM and clearance originals. Parents care more money about saving money for Christmas than children care about the words FPS and 4k. Especially since there are only about 7 million 4k screens in the U.S.

Which is why I laugh when people say UHD is going to allow Microsoft to catch up. Every 4k t.v. owner in the world would have to buy an Xbox One and pre-order Scorpio, probably to catch up at this point. Heck why is it that the Slim is cheaper than a Wii U? Why isn’t Nintendo in the $200 range?

Celtic_Fenix said:

September 13th, 8:29 am

@sherdude I am speaking from personal experience, it will not work. I ended up getting a new ps4 recently and had a 1 TB and as soon as I put it in, the new ps4 reformatted it because of hardware changes

Sushidrew said:

September 12th, 11:05 am

Amazing news! I’m excited to finally organize my game collection!

iamcloud said:

September 12th, 11:06 am

Can we just swap hard drives into our new system? I’ve got a 2 TB in mine done want to have to buy a 2tb external to do backup.

Pois0n-kN0t said:

September 12th, 11:09 am

If you remove ur hdd from playstation it will be wiped

F3i2ty_k4rm4 said:

September 12th, 11:25 am

No it won’t be wiped if you remove it and you should be able to make an image to transfer it over depending on the software you use. I have done it plenty of times. However! The new hard drive will be empty until you format it, install the OS, and move the data. Keep in mind that when getting a drive ready for the machine as well as the compatibility between the machine and the drive.

MakaiOokami said:

September 12th, 2:30 pm

Can you buy a 2TB HDD, copy over your data, install the drive into the new PS4, copy the data back to it, then do a 7+ pass security wipe (the data is already encrypted anyway though) and then just return it for store credit and get a couple games?

Brad__22 said:

September 12th, 11:06 am

Love the update. Still waiting to change my name, though.

morris_family said:

September 12th, 11:08 am

me too

Rmimez_911 said:

September 12th, 11:31 am

We can change our psn names ?

Holonboy said:

September 12th, 1:17 pm

Not yet, Rmimez.

SHELLINZ733 said:

September 13th, 3:39 am

the new update ugly af ..

Mercenary09 said:

September 12th, 11:06 am

Been loving the 4.0 Beta guys. Finding folders very useful as well as some of the new looks for things. The one feature I want to see added to PlayStation is External HDD support guys. My 2TB is full already. Please make it happen.

zekececil14 said:

September 12th, 11:12 am

Mine too. Looking into getting a 4TB.

MakaiOokami said:

September 12th, 2:32 pm

Surely there’s a couple of games that you almost never play that have a near instant install time you can deal with, or maybe some recorded videos and Screenshots youc an get around to copying off. Right?

Orionsangel said:

September 12th, 11:07 am

A few questions,

Can you record in 1080p?

Will HDR be an improvement on regular HDTVs. Even a tiny bit?

reson8er said:

September 12th, 12:01 pm

I can answer this. Without an HDR capable TV you will see absolutely no benefit from HDR console and game.

Evil_as_Sin said:

September 12th, 12:03 pm

Nope, if your TV does not support the format it will not improve anything. Think of it like Surround sound, if you only have 2 speakers, you will only get stereo sound, you may be able to enable the feature, but you still only have 2 speakers to get sound through.

turniplord said:

September 12th, 2:17 pm

You can record in 1080 if you are on a pro (as far as I’m aware) with 4K photos. Regarding image, if your tv has a ‘dynamic range’ or something similar then it may get some benefit as slim and original aren’t true HDR, it’s just enabling a higher range to be output

morris_family said:

September 12th, 11:07 am

Anyone else wondering why the price hike on PS+? This doesn’t explain it.

CashCab1221 said:

September 12th, 11:34 am

If the price hasn’t gone up yet, go into where it tells you when it expires and extend your subscription for the full time without paying for the price hike

iAmUrdnotWrex said:

September 12th, 11:43 am

Matches the price of XBOX Gold (and, from what others have told me, the PS Plus price for other regions).

TrueAssassin86x said:

September 12th, 11:08 am

Cant the music feature. I enjoyed the beta oh and cue the offtopic post about Fallout 4/Skyrim mods

saiyanknight87 said:

September 12th, 11:08 am

Good job i thought this wasn’t coming until october or so. Still wish it was more included that wasn’t in the beta. But solid update overall. Just intime before TGS. I was hoping they’d add the time to the quick menu as well. but this is cool. Hopefully more significant updates to come outside of just Fall and Spring. #PS4ProLife

GrafUlrich88 said:

September 12th, 11:08 am

Hello John,

I really enjoyed the Beta and looking forward to everyone getting to enjoy this.

Can you let us Beta testers know what we should do when the update comes out? Will it be just a patch to the final version for us?

Thank you!!!

Cheers!!!

Rob aka Graf

John Koller's Avatar

Andrew Kelly said:

September 12th, 12:09 pm

You should see version 4.00 in your Settings > System Software Update. Download and install, just like normal. Enjoy!

FaTed-X-RaTed said:

September 12th, 11:20 am

Yes you would just need to update to the final version

ValhallaOutcast said:

September 12th, 11:26 am

It will update as if you were on 3.55

diarka said:

September 21st, 11:55 am

But it’s not good and has messed up my ps4.

poohty_t said:

September 12th, 11:08 am

I thought someowhere i read this update would also add the ability to record 60 minutes of gameplay instead of the max of 15 minutes .I dont see that listed in either post though.

KwietStorm said:

September 12th, 12:36 pm

I can do that right now in the beta, so look forward to it tomorrow.

NEOMERCER said:

September 12th, 11:08 am

Man :/ I was all up in the forums suggesting things for remote play like obviously being able to remap touch controls but it doesn’t look like we will be getting anything like that here….Or ever. Hopefully someone read my post about the PS4 telling you when you recording is going to end.

veryhoudini11 said:

September 12th, 11:52 am

I agree that remapping would be beneficial, especially on the vita. Ive seen many games where the devs put absolutely no thought or effort into it, while other games like DOOM are setup perfectly for the vita. I mean atleast having the ability to switch the between using the screen and back touchpad alone is all i need, but ive even found some fps where the bumpers arent aim/fire, but instead weapon swap, while aim/fire is the top corners of the touch pad. So yeah, remapping would be best case scenario.

TeamGreen615 said:

September 12th, 4:40 pm

MXGP will not let you remap the controls and was a pain doing remote play. R2 was the throttle and you had to touch the bottom right of the screen. You need to use the right analog stick to shift your body weight so it didn’t work well. If I could have made R1 the R2 button it would have been fine.

MakoSOLIDER said:

September 12th, 11:08 am

Loved the beta!

Question about HDR on the OG PS4s: How will PS4 support HDR when it only has USB 1.4 support but HDR needs 2.0?

VillanCaustic said:

September 12th, 11:23 am

HDR has nothing to do with USB, so this is irrelevant.

morhinapg said:

September 12th, 11:46 am

HDMI 2.0 would only be required for 4K HDR. 1080p HDR could be transmitted at a much lower bandwidth. That lower bandwidth is supported by HDMI 1.4. This is a sort of HDMI “hack” just like supporting 3D through the PS3’s HDMI 1.3. Really the only thing that matters is the amount of bandwidth your HDMI chip is capable of transmitting. The HDMI ports and cables themselves are identical between versions.

turniplord said:

September 12th, 2:21 pm

To the guy saying hdmi cables are all the same – I beg to differ. There are hdmi 2.0 cables. It’s like having a cat 5 and cat 6 Ethernet, one is capable of transmitting more data faster. So if you had a pro and 4K to then you need a hdmi 2.0 cable – but it looks identical.

They are activating an 8bit HDR, hdmi 2.0a can do up to 18 bit. So it’s not as good but it will still deliver an improvement if you have a compatible tv.

ukas said:

September 12th, 11:08 am

Will there be any type of demo on the store to test HDR?

KwietStorm said:

September 12th, 12:37 pm

What do you need to test? If you have a HDR capable TV, just turn it on. It’s not a game by game feature.

NextLevelAI said:

September 12th, 1:00 pm

@KwietStorm Actually it is a game by game feature. HDR is a method of displaying High Dynamic Range color output. Each game has to have this color spectrum coded onto it. So any older games won’t work in HDR unless patched and newer games have to be developed with HDR integrated or else be patched with the feature after release. READ.

BSC94 said:

September 12th, 11:10 am

That’s cool, except there still isn’t external hard drive support or backwards compatible with PS1 & PS2 disc games. Other than, cool update

Pois0n-kN0t said:

September 12th, 11:10 am

Can we transfer a single game instead of the whole hdd ?

John Koller's Avatar

Andrew Kelly said:

September 12th, 12:11 pm

Well, you can re-download content from your library, assuming the content is still live on the store.

NextLevelAI said:

September 12th, 1:02 pm

@Andrew Kelly, something tells me he’s referring to PT.

StealthBlade98 said:

September 12th, 8:13 pm

@NextLevelAI that might be true, i think the game should be transferred to a newer HDD if you have it installed already :)

Pois0n-kN0t said:

September 13th, 6:31 am

i have a slow internet connection and it will take weeks to download few games !

MakoSOLIDER said:

September 12th, 11:10 am

Will the data transfer allow me to successfully transfer P.T to the Pro?
Also please bring back in game voice commands in a future update. I liked shouting Show Comments.

SilentNova said:

September 12th, 1:15 pm

Yes to the P.T. question.

hdcase said:

September 12th, 11:10 am

Will P.T. survive the LAN transfer process?

Derp_Criminal2 said:

September 12th, 12:21 pm

Sadly, no it won’t, as P.T. is a digital game, your license to re-download it will still be in the cloud, but you will not be able to as the game is no longer live on PlayStation Store

iREVOLTER said:

September 12th, 12:24 pm

Good question my friend. I want to know as well.

Can some rep from SONY answer this?

Thank you.

SilentNova said:

September 12th, 1:17 pm

This is actually a yes. As long as you have not deleted it, it should copy everything attatched and remove it from the original.

saiyanknight87 said:

September 12th, 11:10 am

Also with the PS4 Pro updates while streaming in 1080p 30/60fps on the PS4 will it still halt recording like it does in the beta now? or will we still be able to record video clips while streaming on the PS4 pro? #Provember #PS4ProLife

NYPUNK88 said:

September 12th, 11:11 am

I loved the 4.0 beta, didn’t experience any bugs/glitches it was the smoothest beta I’ve ever tested. :D I can’t wait to get the official update tomorrow. Thanks again, Sony for allowing me to participate in the beta. :x :x :x

nannino_ said:

September 12th, 11:11 am

i really like the new look! can’t wait to update!

airJordan_Xx said:

September 12th, 11:13 am

Great update one thing I would like to see is the ability to see how close you are to earing a the trophy for example say you need to find 100 treasures in uncharted 4 it says you have 75/100 treasures to earn trophy and more game data like how much time you have played in each game

SilentNova said:

September 12th, 1:20 pm

The company making the game has to implement that while making the trophies. Like Left 4 Dead on Xbox 360 has it for achievements, but not a lot of games do.

lasrmountedmoai said:

September 12th, 11:15 am

Does this update include the ability to set parental controls per local user profile?

DaddyBigBoy said:

September 12th, 1:44 pm

Please add this, Sony!

It’s ridiculous to have a master account process at all if the parental controls are the same for master and sub accounts. I went through the whole process of setting up subs with separate emails and everything for my kids logins hoping this would simply work the way it logically should. And of course it still didn’t.

Moving into version 4 of the OS, this is a glaring oversight.

TyBudd said:

September 13th, 7:33 pm

OMG yes, I’ve been asking for this forever, I have kids of different ages that I’d like to set 1 kid to be able to play a game that another kid can’t play, I can’t understand why this hasn’t been thought about from Sony.

This folder grouping feature would be perfect for that, This fold of games can be played by the 15 year old, and this folder of games can be played by the 10 year old.

Otherwise what the hell is the point of the folders, has to be a pre-requisite for this.

kschad1 said:

September 12th, 11:15 am

Any chance you can post the complete list of updates? Is it in a forum? This is only the highlight reel.

TearlessTub said:

September 12th, 11:16 am

Now can you add a clock to the quick menu?

Surreal said:

September 12th, 4:00 pm

Been thinkin about wanting a clock on the quick menu for the past 3 years..

lisatsunami said:

September 12th, 11:17 am

Thanks for the wired transfer feature, should speed up the data transfer to my pre-ordered Pro.

John, can you add the “pinned items” feature soon? I have to reshuffle all my items by opening each game or app briefly, in order to push the constant video updates (which I don’t ever use) out my sightline. Very annoying.

xxtoss23 said:

September 12th, 11:17 am

Love the Beta i did not experience any bugs/glitches

MonkeySlime808 said:

September 12th, 11:18 am

Will both my PS4 and PS4 PRO primary account will be the same? Or Do I have to deactivate my old PS4 when upgrading to the PS4 PRO?

Mac_Gyver7 said:

September 12th, 1:17 pm

i think your account cant be set as primary on multiple ps4’s (i think max 3)

ryytytut said:

September 12th, 6:39 pm

U cant

makarushi said:

September 12th, 11:19 am

Folders organization, Nice!

XxT_I_K_IxX_PR said:

September 12th, 11:19 am

Still no PSN ID change :(

Billy_The_Puppet said:

September 12th, 11:54 am

Thats not something you can do with a firmware update.. Thats a PSN problem.. Yeah I know it sucks.. Supposedly they were going to announce it at last years PSX. If they dont announce it this year, I say its never going to happen..

gameman15 said:

September 12th, 11:22 am

I thought the 4.00 beta is a pretty good update. However, I’m a bit disappointed at the lack of MP3 support (something the PS3 has) (I just want to listen to Rob Zombie and Metallica while I play some Doom multiplayer without having my PS4 looking weird with a USB flash drive plugged into it), CD support (another thing the PS3 has), and support for PS1/PS2 discs and PSone/PS2 Classics. Hopefully they’ll be in the next big update.

skeletoncreek12 said:

September 12th, 1:21 pm

Have you tried Spotify? I’m sure you can add all those songs to a playlist and listen to them on PS4.

gameman15 said:

September 12th, 4:20 pm

I would, but then I’ll be hearing those annoying ads before and after each song. So thanks, but no thanks.

millionpesoman64 said:

September 13th, 5:16 am

Stream your music over a media server say from your computer or phone your entire music selection can be played

KC1294 said:

September 12th, 11:27 am

I kinda wish y’all would add more specific details about what a person is currently doing in a game.

EX:

User:
Overwatch: Origins Edition

I want this:

User:
Overwatch: Origins Edition – Playing Quick Game
Bloodborne – Exploring Central Yharnam

Xbox does this. Let us know exactly what I’m doing in a game when I view a profile of who’s online.

mrEkli said:

September 12th, 12:01 pm

Rich presence has existed for a while on PS4. It is up to the discretion of the developer. Check out titles from EA, Activision and Capcom (they have a few) for examples.

RodCih said:

September 12th, 11:31 am

And the Error 80029724 in PS3?????

mcksalg said:

September 12th, 11:32 am

There is a weird thing going around with ppl getting random notifications on communities that they are not even members of. I know several ppl that this has been happening recently, I got notifications for a Fifa group, Beer Group, and Furry lovers lol. What is going on? Some ppl speculate that it has something to do with the new update coming.

skeletoncreek12 said:

September 12th, 1:23 pm

Yeah that happened to me but for a Spanish Minecraft community.

AizawaYuuichi said:

September 12th, 11:15 pm

Weird, I didn’t know this was happening to others. I got a notification over the weekend of new posts for a German language Blops 3 community, which is a closed group that I’m not a member of, and I don’t even have the game. It was really confusing.
    Interesting to see it’s not an isolated case…

yourworldonfire said:

September 12th, 11:32 am

Does this confirm those with PT consoles can transfer PT over to a PS4 Pro?

KC1294 said:

September 12th, 11:33 am

Yes! I need my PT! I still have it downloaded too

BenTheWicked said:

September 12th, 12:40 pm

I have the exact same question. I was thinking about getting Pro, and possibly upgrading the hard drive (having researched needs on that). Then, I want to move PT over to my new console.

Follow-up question, will the transfer completely wipe the user information from the first console? In other words, if I make that transfer, can I sell/give away my first console without worrying that someone has access to my personal account information?

SilentNova said:

September 12th, 1:25 pm

It copies everything over. So P.T. will work. It will just take it off your current PS4 and so you will not be able to play it on the older console anymore.

Sagat1 said:

September 12th, 5:52 pm

@benthewicked you can go into settings>Initialize PS4, to wipe all user data.

fecks said:

September 12th, 11:34 am

This is great!

matinn12 said:

September 12th, 11:34 am

I don’t care about anything Sony does anymore. Serious letdown with the mods debacle with Bethesda, can’t believe you don’t see that modding is a large part of gaming and it improves the experience for everyone. You folks promised a system for the gamers and developers alike, you lied. You also went out of your way to make sure you were going to beat Microsoft at every corner to be the better more prefered system. Three years and later and literally 2 months before your new system and VR launch I read that mods aren’t going to happen on the ps4. BAM!! XBOX1 has had mods since June, so you fail there. You guys told Bethesda your sound is proprietary, sounds like you didn’t actually make a system for devs. just yourselves. There have been multiple PSN outtages just in the last couple months, so no system for the players. Good luck with your pride train, I will be looking to trade for an XBOX1 ASAP.

BTW! I have been 100% loyal to the Sony brand for over 20 years, major major letdown.

lomsha said:

September 12th, 12:27 pm

Bye Felicia

TrueAssassin86x said:

September 12th, 12:36 pm

I own both consoles fact 1 loyalty is overrated being a fanboy of 1 console is just pointless especially if your a real gamer.
    Fact 2 Mods are overrated i’ve been playing around with mods over on the xbox1 and frankly they are boring. You PlayStation fans aint missing much.

DuoMaxwell007 said:

September 12th, 11:36 am

Well if theres no external HDD support in 4.0 for game installs then Pleae tell us teh Pro will at least have an HDD bay big enough to support 2.5” 15mm hard drives so I can put a 4tb in since Sony didnt hav ethe common sense to leave the HDD position as it was on the OG PS thus my nyko databank will be incompatible

pabowler300 said:

September 12th, 11:36 am

the ability to save and play games off external hard drive would be the topper after this update. the competitor allows this why wont you guys

DuoMaxwell007 said:

September 12th, 11:47 am

I guess theyre too cool to need to keep up with the competition since, theyre already way ahead…. They should probably remember though.. they lost their playerbase to MS once (360 and PS3 gen) it could always happen again.

SilentNova said:

September 12th, 1:29 pm

@DuoMaxwell007 PS3 actually sold more consoles than the 360. The only reason they started off behind was from the price point which was partly do to the fact that they had a PS2 built into the PS3 which allowed the full backwards compatibility that we will likely not see again.

morhinapg said:

September 12th, 11:43 am

I would like to know if there are any games that currently support HDR?

ccooookk14 said:

September 12th, 11:48 am

When the update comes out many games will support it such as Call of Duty:Black ops 3 and the Uncharted 4. When this update goes out, most games will have updates supporting this.

jobobc said:

September 12th, 11:45 am

I with the media player saw some love. The PS3 media player was SECOND TO NONE with its thumbnail scene search feature. Now all the major media players use this, including Netflix, Hulu, etc… but the PS4 media player still lacks the implementation.

ccooookk14 said:

September 12th, 11:45 am

Nice update! Really looking forward to the HDR and the music quick menu but I got two questions… When can we see player made back ground themes and can we download our own music?

nevets_78 said:

September 12th, 11:45 am

Great work Sony, keep the updates coming! Can i please get alphabetical Trophy lists please, i can do it on my PS3 and Vita but not PS4 where i spend most of my time these days. Please and thanks.

Mando44646 said:

September 12th, 11:49 am

thank you SO MUCH for folders. That was at the top of my wish list

Mando44646 said:

September 12th, 11:50 am

Now I’ll wait for external hard drive support, so we can actually have a significant amount of space, not limited by internal hardware size needs

ProdijusX said:

September 12th, 11:50 am

Capture gallery photos and replays should be uploaded to What’s New without uploading to social media

mrEkli said:

September 12th, 12:03 pm

Just set it defaultly upload to social media with a privacy setting of “Me Only”.

CrusaderForever said:

September 12th, 11:55 am

Great, folders here I come!! Cannot wait to make a Favorites folder so I don’t have to look for games anymore. To bad we cannot just unplug the PS4 HDD and plug it into the PS4 Pro and have everything work. I am probably going to trade in my current PS4 and will have to download everything again on my PS4 Pro. I don’t have any download cap so it’s not that big of a deal. Just a little annoying is all. Thanks though, looking forward to downloading the update tomorrow.

OMGitsUntouch said:

September 12th, 11:56 am

Can you copy music directly to the console instead of using a USB

Welmosca said:

September 12th, 12:01 pm

Horrible horrible and horrible….good old Sony doing their unnecessary things and ruining things.The UIs didn’t needed any change.The What’s New and Content Info Screen are now terrible.No surprise there though…I’ve grown to expect disappointment from you Sony.

And spotify really?…get outta here with that,give us the ability to use music thrugh a USB device.

Well at least we’re finally getting folders.

How about a comment above our profiles?…like PS3 has?…that is a very useful feature.Oh wait y’all at Sony don’t give a damn about useful features only unnecessary ones lol.

mrEkli said:

September 12th, 12:02 pm

Music through USB is already available. Why have a comment on your profile when there’s already the About Me section?

PAGE 1 2 3 6