Marvel's Spider-Man

May 19

May 19

PlayStation Live From E3 2017: How to Watch

We're preparing more than 15 hours of live content this year from dozens of PS4 and PS VR games.

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

UPDATE: Today’s the day! Tune in at 5pm Pacific to watch along with us during PlayStation Live From E3 2017. You could stay here and watch the show in the embedded Twitch player below, but if you’re interested in earning some free rewards head on over to live.playstation.com and partake in the festivities there. Either way, enjoy the show!

Oh boy, look at the date. E3 is almost here! ::hyperventilates in corner::

You’ve probably got questions. Luckily, I’m here to provide (some) answers! This year, PlayStation Live From E3 2017 is serving up four days of new game demos, developer interviews, and new trailers, beamed straight from the E3 show floor. We’re preparing more than 15 hours of live content across dozens of games on PS4 and PS VR.

PlayStation E3 Experience returns! Find out how to experience the events of Monday, June 12 on the silver screen.

PlayStation Live From E3 2017 will kick off Monday, June 12, at 5:00 PM Pacific Time. Don’t miss it! See below for all the pertinent details:

• Monday, June 12 | PlayStation Live From E3 2017 featuring the PlayStation Media Showcase | 5:00 PM Pacific Time
  • Tuesday, June 13 | PlayStation Live From E3 2017 programming | 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM Pacific Time
  • Wednesday, June 14 | PlayStation Live From E3 2017 programming | 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM Pacific Time
  • Thursday, June 15 | PlayStation Live From E3 2017 programming | 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM Pacific Time

In terms of where to watch, live.playstation.com is once again your premiere destination for all E3 live video coverage. Why? That part’s easy: by visiting the site, you’ll be able to complete “quests” that unlock rewards (while supplies last). You can also browse curated collections of new trailers, developer interviews, and much more. Bookmark it!

We’ll also be streaming on Twitch, YouTube and Facebook if you’d rather watch that way. Your choice!

Meanwhile, I’m happy to confirm that our fan-favorite PlayStation E3 Experience will return this year! Hundreds of fans across the US, Canada, and South America will be able to visit a local cinema to experience the events of June 12 on the big screen.

We’ll have full details to share in the next few weeks, including participating theaters and more pertinent details.

Until then. See you at E3!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

SiloEyes said:

May 19th, 11:05 am

Kinda missing out on an opportunity to stream the live events to our PSVR ?

drd7of14 said:

May 19th, 11:51 am

This would be awesome! And honestly, not as difficult as it may seem. It’s just a static live 360 degree live video feed after all. It’s not like we’d expect to move through the space or anything. Make it happen PlayStation! :D

four24twenty said:

May 19th, 12:24 pm

I would understand that we aren’t quite there for a “live” VR stream, but posting a 360 video on YouTube of the conference is an option for us PSVR owners. Please?

KBG29 said:

May 19th, 12:31 pm

It is a bit disappointing that they won’t have a VR feed. This is the kind of oversight that hurts peoples faith in Sony’s long term commitment to VR. Hopefully they will have something ready in time for next years event.

PhantomMenace84 said:

May 19th, 12:35 pm

This would be awesome!! Hopefully not too late in the planning to add this as an option. Would be amazing to stream from the middle of the theater in 360 vid so we can feel like we are right there!

PLEASE FORWARD THIS IDEA SID!

Redrox said:

May 24th, 7:21 pm

So few people care about VR

sefyu-bilal_op said:

June 5th, 10:42 pm

PS VITA 2 .

Xcaligamer1 said:

May 19th, 11:10 am

Great! I was hoping an e3 experience announcement

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

May 19th, 5:21 pm

Coming soon, stay tuned…

viceforce said:

May 19th, 12:20 pm

Same I was wondering when we will be getting another E3 Experience in theaters.

Slikk said:

May 19th, 8:37 pm

Can’t wait to hear!! Already requested the day off.

TheXenoFall2003 said:

May 31st, 3:44 pm

I would like to know what theaters would be available in the us.

Sindred said:

May 19th, 11:17 am

Come on. Set up a stereoscopic VR camera there and let us “sit in” on it.

rudetoy said:

May 19th, 11:28 am

What is the day and time for the Sony presentation?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

May 19th, 5:21 pm

Tune in starting at 5:00pm Pacific Time on 6/12.

BrianMcGuinness said:

May 19th, 12:40 pm

There’s literally no way to know!

drd7of14 said:

May 19th, 12:57 pm

@BrianMcGuinness

I see what you did there…

Reinall said:

May 19th, 11:51 am

Hoping they come back to a theater in St. Louis! It was such a great experience year 1 and then wasn’t available for year 2.

TheXenoFall2003 said:

May 31st, 3:45 pm

I didn’t know about PlayStation experience

omegazio said:

May 19th, 11:56 am

I can’t wait to go to the Sony E3 Movie Theater Experience again to see my good friends for the 4th time (^_^) I know this Sony E3 2017 Press Show is gonna blow the doors off i can feel a powerful orchestra in the making Thank You PlayStation.

Foxx said:

May 19th, 11:57 am

Great news Sid! Is there anything planned for those of us who are going to be in LA for E3 with a public ticket?

KBG29 said:

May 19th, 12:40 pm

Very excited to see what comes out of E3 this year. Hope we see a ton of PSVR content, and even greater utilization of PS4 Pro. A new Killzone or Resistance on PSVR would be incredible after playing Farpoint. Also want to know the final release date of Gran Turismo Sport. Rounding things off 1st party wise, what is Sucker Punch up to?

Some rumors of new hardware going around as well. Would be awesome if they some how where able to get develop a mobile version of the PS4 (probably not possible for a few more years), but I would also take a PS4 Pro or better with the PSVR break out box hardware built in.

One thing is for sure, with the competition bringing new hardware this year, we are going to need one amazing performance to steal the spotlight. Make it happen PlayStation.

paulogy said:

May 19th, 1:48 pm

SUPER excited for this year’s show! The last few PlayStation E3 conferences were blockbusters so will be tough to beat, but I’m looking forward to seeing if they can :-)

There are SO many games we already know about that we might get to see more of: Detroit, Dreams, Days Gone, Death Stranding – and even some games that don’t start with D (God of War, Spider-Man, Vane, Wild etc.) not to mention the inevitable new announcements (Sucker Punch, where are you? :-)

Should be a great one!

Tjoeb123 said:

May 19th, 2:48 pm

Vita support? New hardware deets?

Huntyboy102 said:

May 19th, 10:07 pm

Totally agree

Welmosca said:

May 22nd, 12:29 am

If you expect Sony to even say the word Vita during the conference…better keep your hopes very very low.

Mockzero said:

May 19th, 3:23 pm

I’ve been waiting for confirmation of the e3 experience! I’ve been to every single one since it started a few years ago. I LOVE it!

cjhill1836 said:

May 19th, 4:25 pm

Sweet! Can’t wait for the theater experience once again!!

ccanfield1 said:

May 19th, 4:44 pm

I’m glad to hear that the Playstation E3 Theater Experience is coming back as well. This is such an awesome way for Playstation fans to get together for the press conference and be able to share in some of the excitement of the E3 announcements. I hope you will do it again in my hometown of Tucson, AZ. I have really enjoyed going with friends and family each year.

lavitabella88 said:

May 25th, 4:31 am

I hope they have one around Chandler AZ

CharGP02A said:

May 19th, 5:52 pm

I’m going to be in LA for E3. Is there a way I could get into the actual Press Conference in person? I do have an E3 badge already if that matters.

Valo83 said:

May 19th, 8:56 pm

Will this be streaming in 4k?

akab211 said:

May 20th, 7:31 am

I think its gonna be amazing. I hope for an unexpected announcement of a new ip!

UghRochester said:

May 20th, 8:23 am

Very excited to see they’re bringing it back to theaters again. I went the past couple years at the Pittsburgh region. First time I went in 2015, I was there early enough to be front in line. There was a lady representing Sony there taking pictures, I would sure love to see them. I remember 2015, because at the end we didn’t know what out digital voucher was for due to a T-Storm cutting signal. I actually got that moment on camera!

CharGP02A said:

May 20th, 12:55 pm

I was in Pittsburgh every year since it started. I remember being afraid to shout during the FF VII Remake reveal because I didn’t want to be disrespectful. Last year, everybody was hyped about everything lol. I loved it.

UghRochester said:

May 21st, 10:16 am

CharGP02A Yo, I remember shouting my name “UghRochester is in the house” and that moment with the VR of FF VII, I yelled “Damn, look at those titties!” and heard the audience laugh. It was a great time!

S-A-Z-A-R said:

May 21st, 3:24 am

Very interested to see what they have in store for this years E3. I know we probably going to see God of War ( I`m sure that doesn`t shock anyone ) Also hoping to hear something from sucker punch they have been quiet scenes infamous first light would like to see a new IP form them if possible. I`m also hoping that there be more PSVR game announcements cause I would like to pick up a VR headset but the list of games still feels kind of small so hope they fix that.

Superstone said:

May 21st, 5:24 am

A new backwards compatible handheld announcement please. Would be day 1 buy for me. BC on PS4 too.

SLEEPYsleep said:

May 21st, 11:57 am

Those are some high hopes there superstone but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t dreaming of the same thing

SLEEPYsleep said:

May 21st, 12:45 pm

More Importantly what Really Needs to be done is bring back PlayStation home. Not all year round jus during E3 and on ps4. Walking around digital booths watching trailers and demos and collecting stuff was hands down the coolest thing you guys have ever done. Please bring that back, and here is a taller order, put it on VR. And if you do it, really do it, not that menu only 2014 version you failed at.

Welmosca said:

May 22nd, 12:32 am

Will watch it on PS4 this time around so I hope it’ll work there…drooling for that Spidey gameplay and that new game announcement.Lets go Sony!!

sirmeep said:

May 22nd, 9:18 am

If we have a public pass to E3 is there anyway we can get tickets for the press conference, or would this be specifically for the press?

Hayterfan said:

May 22nd, 10:17 am

Hopefully the E3 theater experience will be at more theaters in my area, dont feel like driving 45 minutes to and from. In fact is there anyway I can suggest a theater location?

bigl247 said:

May 22nd, 11:10 am

I second that notion. I’m about 45 mins from Va. Beach theater. Not too bad of a drive, but having it at one of the 4 different theaters near me would be nice. Some of those reclining seats that they are adding everywhere. Can’t wait! E3 2017!!

phantomhero5043 said:

May 24th, 6:14 pm

God of war, the last of us 2, spider-man, red dead redemption! Hurry up stupid clock!

Redrox said:

May 24th, 7:20 pm

What about watching it on PS4? How come you don’t even support that, what about the live event viewer? I don’t want to watch on a website on some tiny screen.

Cloud__Rulez said:

June 12th, 12:54 am

you can’t figure out how to go full screen in a video player on a website?

ladyara said:

May 24th, 11:21 pm

Sid, you have to bring us some streaming on VR. Or a VR tour of the PlayStation floor in E3. It would be the next best thing to being there :))
Can’t wait for E3 to begin…

erlycon78 said:

May 25th, 6:52 am

I’m hoping this comes back to the Regal Stadium 12 theater in Morgantown, WV. My friends and I had a blast last year! Lost our minds to the God of War and Death Stranding announcements in particular.

ExplodingJuice82 said:

May 27th, 11:18 pm

Union Square in NYC. I have been to every single one without fail and do not plan on missing any of them. I lost my mind when I saw that FF7 remake trailer. Simply cannot wait until E3 2017!

bdf22 said:

May 30th, 1:51 pm

Hopefully something on a new fight night or a new manhunt

jennbill09 said:

May 30th, 10:05 pm

Any chance the stream will be in 4K ?

LEFT__4__DEAD__2 said:

June 1st, 7:04 am

I will be watching, Love PlayStation <3 :)

CasualHandz1 said:

June 2nd, 5:41 am

Will this e3 be streamed in 4k? If so what are the options?

ladyara said:

June 3rd, 12:06 pm

Can’t wait for it… wish you can do a VR exp stream of (some of) it… Have a fantastic E3 guys

acika2506 said:

June 6th, 7:27 am

Ok..I’m PlayStation fan..But xbox scorpio is almost in E3…Will you make PlayStation 5 \Ps5 . Or do something.

kippz113 said:

June 6th, 11:59 am

Better announce the new PlayStation Home and have our stuff carried over!!!!!!!!

franky_boyzz said:

June 6th, 3:57 pm

how do i miss watching E3 in Playstation Home ,all those mini game and then just chill in the theater watching the show :) awww man ….

Boilers21 said:

June 8th, 6:46 am

For the remote locations (San Francisco, for example) Playstation E3 Experience. will you guys be distributing swags as well?

LEFT__4__DEAD__2 said:

June 8th, 5:09 pm

This years E3 will be the greatest, i like many fun games shown ^-^

DanesoulX said:

June 9th, 11:12 am

I can’t wait to see the Final Fantasy VII Remake!

XtasyTM said:

June 11th, 1:31 pm

Waiting for The Last Of Us 2! xx

Cloud__Rulez said:

June 12th, 12:50 am

Does it start at 5 pm or 6 pm Pacific? This says 5 but the schedule for everything on Gamespot says 6…. https://www.gamespot.com/e3/schedule/

Cloud__Rulez said:

June 12th, 1:03 am

Hey Sony, you need to start requiring that VR games can also be played on a TV if no headset is connected. Like Ace Combat will be. How hard is it to have camera controls with the right stick if no headset is connected? VR games can use the DS4 anyway… Unless you want low sales #’s on these games.. No matter how cool it is, and it is cool (i tried a Demo a few times at Best Buy), not everyone wants a can on their head. I prefer my Tv. Not everyone has the extra room required either…. 6 feet right? I’ve got 5 feet before I hit my desk behind me. Or a place to even mount the camera.

I wanted to try a few of the VR games….. but they were VR only so no sale. :(

C-Dizzle44 said:

June 12th, 10:13 am

@Sid Shuman,

Is the broadcast schedule identical across PS4 viewer, live.playstation.com, Twitch, YouTube and Facebook?

Will any of those channels have additional live broadcasts? Any live broadcasts scheduled mornings Pacific time?

What are the best handles for following your E3 tweets plus others you’d recommend on Twitter?

Kiqe said:

June 12th, 12:47 pm

forget about this, i just want to know i cant signin into the psn since last friday,

JEJEXGT said:

June 12th, 2:35 pm

8pm

DDaxx- said:

June 12th, 4:28 pm

Can’t wait 30 minutes to go!

copyofcopy said:

June 12th, 6:06 pm

hey ding dongs, fix the audio

Test_Dai898 said:

June 12th, 6:36 pm

jwj011576 said:

June 12th, 7:09 pm

I wish we would have heard about Pro & VR Price Droops!!!

PAGE 1 2