PlayStation VR

Aug 11

Aug 11

PlayStation Blogcast 259: SUPERNOTEWORTHY

It's like a puzzle game and a first-person shooter met, fell in love, and...

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

Hello everyone! On today’s episode, our own Sid Shuman rants and raves about Superhot on PS4 — a puzzle game in the guise of a first-person shooter. Could this finally supplant his long-running obsession with Darkest Dungeon? Only time will tell. Enjoy the show!

Subscribe via iTunes, Spotify, Google or RSS, or download here

Stuff We Talked About

• Superhot
  • Pyre
  • Undertale
  • Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds
  • Agents of Mayhem
  • Matterfall
  • What Remains of Edith Finch
  • Books!

Recent Episodes

The Cast

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan ClementsOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Zac Minor

Sid Shuman – Director of Social Media, SIEA
Justin Massongill – Social Media Manager, SIEA
Ryan Clements – Sr. Social Media Specialist, SIEA
Zac Minor – Sr. Social Media Manager, SIEA

Send us questions and tips! blogcast@sony.com
Leave us a voicemail! (650) 288-6706

Thanks to Cory Schmitz for our beautiful logo and Dormilón for our rad theme song and show music.

Add Your Own

dmfarris90 said:

August 11th, 1:07 pm

I love listening to you guys while I’m working throwing out all that Coca Cola for everyone to enjoy! (I get a lot of weird looks from customers when I spontaneously burst out a laugh) :) Any word on the 5.0 firmware update yet? I’m so stoked to see what’s coming next! Thanks!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

August 12th, 7:02 am

Glad you enjoy it! :) P.S. Diet Coke is my favorite… as for 5.00, no word yet, but hope to know more soon!

jgrizzle358 said:

August 11th, 6:13 pm

Unless I just missed it I was surprised not to hear anything about Observer in the new releases. That is coming out next Tuesday supposedly. Cyberpunk horror game where you are a detective solving murders by going inside people’s dreams. From the makers of layers of fear. I thought Sid would be all over it.

Oh! that reminds me. It’s a good thing you didn’t go with his idea for the episode title because you already did that in PlayStation Blogcast 119: Planes, Transistors, and Nidhoggmobiles

And I would like to flip the script on the whole game that I haven’t checked out this year yet that I should and instead tell everyone about a game that they probably haven’t checked out that they should. It’s this Little Indie gem on PSN called Get Even. A psychological action stealth Thriller where you are an ex-military grunt who fails to save a girl from a bomb. You later wake up in an abandoned Asylum with amnesia kidnapped by a man known as Red who has taken an interest in the truth behind the kidnapping of the girl which he wants you to find out by using a device he created to travel back through memories. I gave it like an 8/10. Really good.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

August 12th, 7:04 am

I’ve never heard of Observer, but I will check it out! Thanks for the heads up. As for the title, “Planes, Trains, and Nidhogmobiles” is a) my #1 favorite Blogcast title ever and b) the least favorite of everyone else.

Good PSN picks too, I’ll try and check those out!

hrcrowley said:

August 11th, 11:24 pm

Wow, Sid, AMAZING author choices. When I was a wee lad my father read to me two stories that changed my life….forever: The Unnamable from HP Lovecraft and The Whimper of Whipped Dogs from Harlan Elison. Then there was The Black Stone (Robert E. Howard) and The a Collosus of Ylourgne (Clark Ashton Smith) that I stole forbidden glances from in my fathers secret library. I implore all to seek out these little slices of free will…

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

August 12th, 7:07 am

Those are great stories! And thanks for the tips about Howard and Smith, will add to my Amazon read list. You ever read any Dan Simmons? If you haven’t, I’d start with The Terror or maybe Prayers to Broken Stones. Have a good weekend!

BlueBl1zzard said:

August 14th, 2:44 pm

Yessssss can’t wait to hear the SUPERHOT talk, I also finished it recently, and it will definitely be going into my list of favorite indies of all time (and maybe games for that matter). I love ‘how’ people who finish it are singing it’s praises. It’s definitely one of the most innovative shooter I’ve played in years ; )

P.S. If any of you ever get the chance to try out SUPERHOT VR, do it! I haven’t finished it yet, but the concept works super well (pun maybe intended) in VR, and in my opinion could possibly be VR’s “killer app”.

Hakumen__ said:

August 15th, 5:26 pm

Where are the PS Vita news?