PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Incoming from Insomniac! Resistance: Fall of Man Patch

Greg Phillips's Avatar + Posted by Greg Phillips on Oct 31, 2007 // Producer, SCEA

We interrupt the final Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction dev diary post for a special announcement

As some of you may have heard, a new patch for Resistance: Fall of Man will be hitting soon.

How soon you may ask? As soon as this afternoon!

Major changes are listed below and full patch notes can be found on myresistance.net.

-Ability to take screenshots in game using a USB keyboard.
-Weapon balance changes and new round balancing options -Dual Shock 3 support added for online AND single player.
-Password protected custom games.
-Numerous bug fixes.

If you try to login and cannot, it means we are staging the patch for deployment. Or California was hit by another earthquake. One or the other. We now return you to the scheduled finale of RCF: TOD: the
Developer Diaries
. And go watch the new Uncharted trailer while you’re at it :)

85 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Delriach on October 31st, 2007 at 4:33 pm said:

Here’s some pics I took. The first two are the ratchet and clank gear.

You can use the screen shot ability in offline multiplayer and online multiplayer

+ Soong on October 31st, 2007 at 4:34 pm said:

Screenshot is online only. It locks up a bit when you take one as well.

+ Delriach on October 31st, 2007 at 4:36 pm said:

the screen shot works of offline multiplayer as well.

+ Soong on October 31st, 2007 at 4:37 pm said:

Yeah but not campaign. And it doesn’t hide the HUD either! Ah well. Better than nothing.

+ grashopper on October 31st, 2007 at 4:38 pm said:

Aww I wanted screenshots in campaign mode, nice they are trying stuff though

+ Loucetios on October 31st, 2007 at 4:41 pm said:

if u go online, everyone is a skeletan XD

+ Soong on October 31st, 2007 at 4:47 pm said:

It is Halloween, after all…

+ Dominican21 on October 31st, 2007 at 4:51 pm said:

Any news on Update 2.0!!?

I cant wait for it.. I wish it came out midnight 12am…. The Update 2.00 is coming yet? Any news??

+ Jaden Hybrid on October 31st, 2007 at 6:31 pm said:

This game is awsome always love updates, but my biggest wish as yet to happen is upscalling to 1080…….

Ah well someday, thanks for R & C though for upscale……always a treat….

+ slomo788 on October 31st, 2007 at 6:31 pm said:

Good job Insomniac. You provided us with a game that is clearly one of the best on PS3 even one year after its launch, and I hear Ratchet is also making noise (first PS3 game ever praised by the NY Times who says that it’s one of the games that will show the difference between 360/Wii and PS3). However, how about even MORE weapons (I know I’m greedy), vehicles (flying) and maybe custom soundtracks integration while we’re waiting for Resistance’s sequel?

+ Cameron on October 31st, 2007 at 7:07 pm said:

Any chance we will ever see Keyboard & Mouse support for Resistance? Even if it’s only for the single player game?

When you’ve been playing FPS games on PCs every night for over 8 years, switching to a controller is so terribly frustrating I couldn’t even play R:FOM past the first level. Knowing you could lay the smack down if it wasn’t for the limiting control options *is* a deal breaker for me.

I know, I’ll have this issue with almost every FPS on consoles, but I can’t see why the option isn’t there for single player gamers.

+ xplosneer on October 31st, 2007 at 9:16 pm said:

Forgot to mention something to do with Holloween. ;)

+ TheHakku on October 31st, 2007 at 9:40 pm said:

Less powerful LAARK and Rossmore online? I hope so!

+ Gregero on November 1st, 2007 at 12:13 am said:

Ah such funny stuff with the skeletons. Excellent job, guys. I had some fun taking those pictures too. It’s gonna be neat to see a bunch of group pictures.

+ thecodemaker on November 1st, 2007 at 6:16 am said:

This is nice and everything but. What about warhawk Patch.

+ Jeigh on November 1st, 2007 at 8:18 am said:

Thanks for the hard work. ;)

+ Zinacef on November 1st, 2007 at 8:21 am said:

I haven’t played this game in a while, and never really noticed that many bugs to begin with, but I guess it’s a good thing – this patch! I’ll be sure to hop back on, and see what it does for my stats! Thanks Insomniac.

+ lakaihigh on November 1st, 2007 at 8:24 am said:

@ Greg Phillips – awesome patch for Resistance! I also loved the bangles, they are hilarious… thanks for clearing that up for me.

Peace,
Lh

+ frito on November 1st, 2007 at 8:32 am said:

Cool! Screenshots!

NICE!!

Too bad it can only be done with a keyboard-

any way to enable screenshots thru the controller for those of us with out a keyboard?

A year after it’s release, and resistance is still getting better!

thanks!

+ Herby on November 1st, 2007 at 2:25 pm said:

Thanks for the heads up and update.

+ warezIbanez on November 1st, 2007 at 4:30 pm said:

woot- screenshots!

+ xxLONESTARxx on November 2nd, 2007 at 7:05 am said:

OK, back to Resistance…Oh wait, Warhawk just released a patch…I wont see the light of day at all this weekend.

+ nate_g on November 3rd, 2007 at 1:54 pm said:

hey i got a answer for the people who dont have credit card buy a prepaid one at walmart. it would be nice on rfom to have a patch where head shots actually take off the head like in gears of war. when we gonna get some free downloads christmas is coming up.

+ Deviation on November 4th, 2007 at 10:54 pm said:

Why won’t this update download for me? I’ve never gotten it to move past 0 percent.

+ deadsoul on November 27th, 2007 at 9:13 am said:

hey greg
im just having a problem i wonder if you can address, since many people as are/used to have it.
whenever i need to download the update of resistance to play online i have this msg ” update failed network failure”
i fixed my settings from NAT Type 3 to NAT Type 2 and still nothing. i had a launch ps3 and it was working fine in it in Lebanon, now im moved to Kuwait so i got another brand new PS3 and a brand new Resistance copy, the new one doesnt seem to work, any help would be much appreciated thank you in advance.

+ Nothingface921 on November 27th, 2007 at 12:05 pm said:

Is there a way to download this patch from the Internet using an external media device (USB drive)? Currently, I am not able to connect my PS3 to the Internet. Thanks.

PAGE 1 2