PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Feb 12, 2009 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hey, everyone. It’s time again for the weekly PlayStation Store update.

Get in the spring spirit with the new “PSN Spring Fever” section of the PlayStation Store featuring games, trailers, and themes available for download with the launch of Flower today!

Qore

Qore Annual Subscription ($24.99)
Qore: Presented by the PlayStation Network is a monthly interactive video production covering the world of PlayStation. Qore provides its audience with exclusive behind-the-scenes access to developers and their games, from both the SCE Worldwide Studios and the third-party community, where the audience member can freely navigate through the content.
File size: 1.17 GB

Qore Episode 09: February, 2009 ($2.99)
Episode 09 of Qore: Presented by the PlayStation Network kicks off Spring training with an inside look at MLB 09 The Show and demonstrates Resident Evil 5′s co-op gameplay with new QoreVision technology.
File size: 1.17 GB

PULSE

Pulse 2/12 Edition (free) (also available from PSP storefront)
PULSE presented by the PlayStation Network is a free high definition video showcase of what’s happening right now on PlayStation. Featuring new game releases, demos, movie and television arrivals available for your PS3 and PSP systems, PULSE is a fast-paced new source to keep you connected and informed about the world of PlayStation.
Hosted by Christina Lee.
File size: 269 MB (HD) 446 MB (1080)

Downloadable Games

Flower ($9.99)
Flower lets you take control of the wind as you explore and navigate beautiful, lush environments using only the SIXAXIS motion controls. This is an interactive escape that takes you on an emotional journey like no other game you’ve ever experienced.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 628 MB

Add-on Game Content

NBA Live 09 All Star Weekend (free)
Get up-to-date for NBA All-Star Weekend 2009 from Phoenix, Arizona with the official jerseys and court. This free update pack includes the official All-Star Weekend Court and official East and West All-Star game jerseys for All-Star 2009.
File size: 39 MB

LUMINES Supernova Classic Pack ($4.99)
This LUMINES Supernova download pack contains special classic skins!
File size: 136 MB

Disgaea 3 – Disgaea 2 Sacrebleu Set with Free Theme! ($5.99)
This package file adds new custom characters Tink, Yukimaru, and Priere. The download pak also comes with a free bonus item, a Priere theme for your PLAYSTATION 3!
File size: 1.23 MB

Disgaea 3 – Priere ($1.99)
This package file adds a new custom character called Priere. Purchase the Disgaea 2 Sacrebleu Set and get a free Priere theme!
File size: 1.22 MB

Disgaea 3 – Tink ($1.99)
This package file adds a new custom character called Tink from Disgaea 2. Purchase the Disgaea 2 Sacrebleu Set and get a free Priere theme!
File size: 1.22 MB

Disgaea 3 – Yukimaru ($1.99)
This package file adds a new custom character called Yukimaru from Disgaea 2. Purchase the Disgaea 2 Sacrebleu Set and get a free Priere theme!
File size: 1.22 MB

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• “Creepin’ Up the Backstairs” – The Fratellis ($1.99)
  • “Flathead” – The Fratellis ($1.99)
  • “Henrietta” – The Fratellis ($1.99)
  • The Fratellis Pack 01 ($5.49) – Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track pack: The Fratellis Pack 01. This pack includes: “Creepin’ Up the Backstairs,” “Flathead,” and “Henrietta” by The Fratellis.

File sizes: 26 MB – 35 MB (singles), 90 MB (track pack)

Guitar Hero World Tour
For all song credits please visit www.guitarhero.com.

• “Wonderwall” by Ryan Adams ($1.99)
  • “New Slang” by The Shins ($1.99)
  • “Drive” by Incubus ($1.99)
  • Acoustic Track Pack ($5.49) – Downloadable Track Pack for Guitar Hero World Tour featuring “Drive” by Incubus, “New Slang” by The Shins, and “Wonderwall” by Ryan Adams. Please Note: Many songs are available both as singles and as part of a Track Pack, so please carefully consider your purchases before downloading.

File sizes: 40 MB – 41 MB (singles), 119 MB (track pack)

Game Demos (free)

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
This new MotorStorm: Pacific Rift demo offers both a single player and a split screen multiplayer race, but this time we let the veterans of MotorStorm.com choose their favorite track, Razorback.
File size: 673 MB

Game Videos (free)

Flower Trailer
File size: 93 MB (HD)

Flower Developer Diary
File size: 231 MB (HD)

LocoRoco 2 Launch Trailer
File size: 66 MB (HD)

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue – The Ride Of Your Life
File size: 172 MB (HD)

Tekken 6 Call To Arms Trailer
File size: 12 MB (SD) 48 MB (HD)

GTI Club+ Trailer

Movie Trailers (free)

Rent: Live on Broadway Blu-ray Disc Trailer
File size: 38 MB (1080)

PS3 Themes

Flower Theme (free)
File size: 1.79 MB

LocoRoco 2 The Planet Theme (free)
File size: 2.04 MB

PAIN: The Hoff Theme (free)
File size: 1.97 MB

Prier Custom Theme free with Disgaea 2 Sacrebleu Set ($0.99)
File size: 1.43 MB

Magic Ball Theme (free)
File size: 2.20 MB

Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom Theme (free)
File size: 3.11 MB

Cuboid Theme (free)
File size: 1.99 MB

Anime MBM Theme ($0.99)
File size: 3.48 MB

Valentine Hearts Theme ($1.49)
File size: 5.18 MB

Fractal Hearts Theme ($1.49)
File size: 5.63 MB

Valentine Angels Theme ($1.49)
File size: 6.60 MB

PS3 Wallpaper (free)

Flower Wallpaper
File size: 220 KB (SD) 504 KB (1080)

Game Love Wallpaper
File size: 414 KB (1080)

PlayStation Store for PSP

Game Videos(free)

* Pulse 2/12 Edition (free) (also available from PS3 storefront)
Hosted by Christina Lee.
File size: 269 MB

* LocoRoco 2 Trailer
File size: 9.73 MB

PSP Themes

* LocoRoco 2 Planet Theme (free) (also available from PS3 storefront)
File size: 372 KB

* Anime MBM 1 ($0.99) (also available from PS3 storefront)
File size: 443 KB

* Anime MBM 2 ($0.99) (also available from PS3 storefront)
File size: 494 KB

* Valentine Hearts ($1.49) (also available from PS3 storefront)
File size: 310 KB

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Korbei83 on February 12th, 2009 at 10:06 pm said:

If you dont have broadband, why do you have PS3? We’re talking about 628 MB here.. not even a full CD.

You can’t even take advantage of a stand-alone blu-ray player without internet access. How did you even access this blog?

I’m a proponant of physical media as much as the next guy, in terms of non-platform specific content. We’re talking about downloading PS3 content via your PS3. Are you planning on playing Flower on your Game Boy or something? Or maybe your cellphone?

For $10, its not even worth the argument. Hell, I have to pay tax on that $10 and Im still not complaining.

+ Ouren on February 12th, 2009 at 10:34 pm said:

Must.

Buy.

Flower.

+ SpiritThief on February 12th, 2009 at 10:53 pm said:

where are all our PS1 games that are “suppose” to be coming this year. You keep saying that and now almost 2 months later still not one has shown its face.

+ OmegaArchetype on February 12th, 2009 at 11:05 pm said:

Don’t get me wrong guys, I do enjoy the fact that you guys bring unique exclusive titles to PSN, but is it seriously that difficult to get some PS1 games on there?

I mean, I’d buy all kinds of stuff that I don’t own on disc (such as RE 1-3, Parasite Eve, Legend of Dragoon {eventhough I do own LoD on disc,}and many other great games.)

Of course most aren’t in your control, but is there any way you guys could get some of your 1st party titles, and hopefully persuade or encourage other devs to get their PS1 games on there.

+ CbK.. Mxdeftone on February 13th, 2009 at 12:48 am said:

was WATCHMAN added today to.. the 11th chapter

+ Onna76_NL on February 13th, 2009 at 1:24 am said:

I’ve been downloading themes like crazy :-D I have cuboid now as theme and saw I forgot a whole bunch of free, amazing stuff for on my screen. The Flower is like the game very beautiful, I hope more Flower themes will follow.

Speaking of themes, is it just me but I can’t find any Linger in Shadows theme on the store :-?

+ nemo20000 on February 13th, 2009 at 3:28 am said:

Flower is so incredibly awesome.

I don’t know whether I’m more impressed by Killzone2 or Flower – honestly. How many blades of grass?!

Isn’t PSN wonderful?

+ hyperslug on February 13th, 2009 at 3:39 am said:

When will we get some more ps1 games? RE 1-3, metal gear and other good stuff?! and in europe too!

+ Korbei83 on February 13th, 2009 at 4:14 am said:

From Flower’s XMB background:

‘Tilt the controller to soar. Press any button to blow wind. Relax, enjoy.”

Seriously? Is ‘blow wind’ the best phrase you could come up with? The ‘Relax, enjoy’ just punctuates it…

+ MidnightBlues on February 13th, 2009 at 5:43 am said:

I am not giving up on lbp please give me some add on content like the mgs levels…please it will add so much to the game….just some levels a few new items and some trophies and I will buy it!!!

dont leave me hanging!

+ Gunwing on February 13th, 2009 at 5:55 am said:

Thanks for a bit more PSP content! Also in the future is there any chance that third party developers will make themes/wallpapers for their PSP Exclusive games for the PSP system only? IE it’s vary nice that Sony is giving out more content and the demo last time was a big help to get people into the system more.

This update while it has no demos has much more to offer then most PSP updates. It’s nice to see them growing in size as the year goes on keep up the good work!

+ bigdaddyjane on February 13th, 2009 at 6:20 am said:

AWESOME UPDATE!Flower should be a pretty enjoyable game and i’m looking forward to mlb 09 so i’m going to down load QORE.

+ nefertis24 on February 13th, 2009 at 6:21 am said:

flower is beautiful, so alluring so relaxing sony Im hungry for more flower content.

+ AGQ0105 on February 13th, 2009 at 6:27 am said:

Too bad sales are so low… with all this good stuff coming out month after month. It brings tears to my eyes.

+ Midgetguy on February 13th, 2009 at 7:14 am said:

This was a GREAT update!

Flower is now my favorite PSN title!!!!

+ jwspiker on February 13th, 2009 at 7:20 am said:

bought ready to give up on my PS3, 60 gig just doesnt’ like this game, would be nice if others would post problems they’re having, if they are. if it’s the game or my ps3 would be nice to know.

+ YakuzaJoe88 on February 13th, 2009 at 7:54 am said:

MY GAWD…..has everyone forgotten that Nobi Nobi Boy was supposed to have come out yesterday?! Yeah – the game from the guy who made Katamari Damacy.

So, what’s up, Sony henchmen?

+ BahaFS on February 13th, 2009 at 8:03 am said:

Nobi Nobi Boy was delayed to next week. They announced this last month. It’ll be $5 and have trophies so relax everybody.

+ lecrapper on February 13th, 2009 at 8:38 am said:

man I wish my PoS3 didn’t brick this weekend… that sucks! $600 down the tube and sony tells me to give them more money or else… forget that! too bad I won’t be buying any software now, probably like the hundreds of others who’s PS3 gave them the yellow light of death
BOOOOOO sony

+ houyx on February 13th, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

About Pulse and Christina Lee…. it seems like Sony is getting smarter.

In the most recent episode of Pulse, they seem to be putting less emphasis on Christina and more emphasis on the actual content that’s new to PSN (that’s the purpose of Pulse!).

In the latest episode of Pulse, the video begins with sort of an overview of the content in the episode (a good change). Also, in some parts Christina is made a little smaller….. pretty soon she’ll just be a virtual avatar and then just a jpeg of her face….haha.

+ Spyroluver88 on February 13th, 2009 at 9:54 am said:

I have to add my voice to the people asking for PSX games on the PSP store. I can’t imagine why we have so few while Japans PSN has a TON of PSOne classics. I would understand if they had a few more than us but come on. And then all we keep hearing is soon. Maybe you should consider a team to just work on getting these titles out on the PSP store.

+ darkwing75 on February 13th, 2009 at 10:37 am said:

great stuff!!!

+ SillySprout on February 13th, 2009 at 11:36 am said:

My PS3 also received the Yellow Fault Light whilst playing Flower. I was really enjoying the game, and hope that it’s a coinsidence that a few PS3s seem to have died whilst playing this game.

+ jwspiker on February 13th, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

well, i’m going to try to put my original 60 gig back in the ps3, ( may not be able to fit all the data on it), and see if it’s my new 320 gig or if it’s the ps3. I really don’t want to give up my 60 gig. Farcry 2 freezes on me as does CoD:WaW

+ neorudemovement on February 13th, 2009 at 1:49 pm said:

grabbed flower last night.

AMAZING! so glad i bought this

+ Bruno911 on February 13th, 2009 at 7:00 pm said:

um just a question… I saw Flowers on pulse and I don’t get what is the game. Is it just like exploring fields full of flowers during the whole game? Oh yeah one last thing… for all you playstation network users-> XD download resident evil 5 demo it’s great

+ Terranz22 on February 13th, 2009 at 9:28 pm said:

Ok where is my Syphon filter code, come on Sony, please.

+ lobotomies4free on February 14th, 2009 at 2:31 am said:

Any chance Flower will get the same kind of expansion pack treatment that Flow got?

Maybe a downloadable soundtrack?

+ Loonknight on February 14th, 2009 at 2:36 am said:

I also have not received my code for Syphon Filter. and as an annual subscriber I already I missed out on the resistence 2 beta, which was fine with me since I already was picking up the game. But I’ll be damned if I miss out on this opportunity.

Any information Sony would be nice.

+ Rhonlore on February 14th, 2009 at 4:29 am said:

@90: SalvoStorm

As far as I can tell, they release those things in the game store because not all people have access to the Video Store. Canadians like myself for example.

+ HelselC on February 14th, 2009 at 4:42 am said:

they look nice

+ hpfan09 on February 14th, 2009 at 8:57 am said:

I wish that more classic PlayStation One games would be added. One that immediately comes to mind would be Spyro: Year of the Dragon

+ Gunwing on February 14th, 2009 at 9:20 am said:

I think there are a number of PSone games that need to be on PSP/PS3:

Final Fantasy VII

Legend of dragoon

Spyro: Year of the Dragon

Gex: Enter the gecko

Mega Man: X/X2 (both killer side scrolling platformers/shooters)

Dynasty Warriors (The original game as it was on the PSone complete with the monsters and old style cutsceens)

Sadly most of the more cult hit PSone games were made by Atari and Midway both of witch are no longer around (Midway just declared bankruptcy!)

So that means the number of games that both companies can give a license to Sony to convert to the PSP/PS3 has dropped to only a hand full from Capcom, and Kioe.

+ sNsKid on February 15th, 2009 at 5:33 am said:

When are you guys sending out the vouchers for Syphon Filter?

+ JohnnyCasanova on February 15th, 2009 at 7:23 am said:

when are there going to be new updates for the Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 game? I already bought the 1st package. I need MORE characters…. Please add new talent (Kizarny!!!!!! For crying out loud I NEED Kizarny’s entrance music and theme!!!!!!!) Also some of the other newer talent, Bella Twins would be nice, and Natalya Neidhart. PSN PLEASE DO THIS I WILL BE 1ST TO BUY!!!!!!!!

+ JohnnyCasanova on February 15th, 2009 at 7:24 am said:

I want to see more of Kizarny on Smackdown too. But this is probably wrong blog for that

+ JohnnyCasanova on February 15th, 2009 at 7:25 am said:

Thanks for 1st package….

+ reyes99 on February 15th, 2009 at 2:31 pm said:

can somebody email me god of war chains of Olympus demo because my psn downloader doesn’t work email me at :josuereyes99@yahoo.com

+ JellyJugs on February 15th, 2009 at 3:52 pm said:

I was wondering if you guys can put how big the download is before you have to purchase the item because there has been times when I purchase a game and then I have to delete a couple of things before downloading my new game

+ GTAChuck on February 15th, 2009 at 4:31 pm said:

Sony add ps1 games PLEASE ill suggest a few
Legacy of Kain series,
Final Fantasy 7,8,9, or Tactics,
Einhander,
Resident Evil series,
Mortal Kombat games,
Street Fighter games,
Capcom vs. …,
something PLEASE.
MANY people with LOTS OF MONY want PS1 classics PLEASE SONY PLEASE.

+ ACE-GOLD on February 15th, 2009 at 6:13 pm said:

When will the ad on content for midnight club los angeles be out? i can’t wait for it =D!!

+ Terranz22 on February 15th, 2009 at 9:30 pm said:

Again, Sony, where is my syphon filter code. Seriously

+ soultaker_1 on February 16th, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

i heard theres going to be a cod6 its going to be called call of duty 6 modern warfare 2

+ sNsKid on February 17th, 2009 at 12:13 pm said:

I’m still waiting on the voucher for Syphon Filter.
Thanks for sending me the email reminding me about it in your newsletter. -.-’

Seriously.

+ Anubis80 on February 17th, 2009 at 12:38 pm said:

I will never buy Qore again. Its a complete rip off! They promise you a voucher and never send it. So they can go **** themselves for all I care now.

+ LoBridge on February 17th, 2009 at 2:46 pm said:

According to Joystiq the codes will be e-mailed “on or before March 31″ so it may be a while yet…

+ Terranz22 on February 17th, 2009 at 8:45 pm said:

If I Don’t get my Syphon filter code by the 31st then I would have been ripped off. I mean I got the newsletter reminding me about the Syphon filter code but I still haven’t gotten mine and I bought it day 1.

+ BLACKWOLFss on February 18th, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

I love my Anime MBM theme…just .99 cents ..cool.

+ LoBridge on February 18th, 2009 at 7:39 pm said:

Got my code tonight…

+ JasonFrost on February 19th, 2009 at 6:36 pm said:

I did not get my Syphon Filter voucher code!
What’s going on?