PS4-Watch_Dogs

inFAMOUS Now $39.99 + Gigawatt Blades Coming Free to PSN

Asad Qizilbash's Avatar + Posted by Asad Qizilbash on Dec 03, 2009 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

If you didn’t get a chance to check out this summer’s superhero action-adventure blockbuster from Sucker Punch Productions, well, now is the perfect time to do so. Just in time for the holidays, we’re excited to announce that inFAMOUS is now available for $39.99.

If the new price point’s not incentive enough, beginning on December 10th, Cole’s ‘Gigawatt Blades’ Super Power, will become available for FREE on PlayStation Network. The Gigawatt Blades supercharge Cole’s arm into blades of pure energy which can be used to cause massive damage against enemies during melee combat.

inFamous Gigawatt Blades

In other inFAMOUS news, the official game soundtrack which features three previously unreleased bonus tracks will be released December 8th to retail outlets through Sumthing Else Music Works and is now available for digital download on Sumthing Digital.

And one special final note, we’d like to send out congratulations to Sucker Punch Productions as inFAMOUS has sold over 1.2 million copies as of October 2009 – congrats guys!

132 Comments

+ mpnjdevil07 on December 3rd, 2009 at 10:48 am said:

I DIDNT GET IT BEFORE, BUT NOW FOR $40 IS A SWEET DEAL, MUST BUY FOR ME NOW GREAT JOB SONY AND SUCKER PUNCH, SONY NOW CAN WE GET TROPHIES FOR MGS4? TALK TO KONAMI PLEASE

+ DNAgent on December 3rd, 2009 at 10:48 am said:

Hopefully the money will be used to fund Sly 4.

+ dragonmagician on December 3rd, 2009 at 10:49 am said:

Hope it sells 2 million soon.

+ rotary08 on December 3rd, 2009 at 10:50 am said:

It’s always nice to hear a game become successful. Especially when it’s a first party game. Good work guys and gals, I hope you bring a second game very soon.

+ Globox_82 on December 3rd, 2009 at 10:52 am said:

Guys if you don’t have this game buy it, don’t judge it by demo. It’s incredible. Sure it has it’s issues but it is well worth the money. My favorite game of the year but after Uncharted 2. I played most of big games of 2009 and trust me this game is quality. When it comes of it not having MP, it doesn’t need it. You can get 30-35 hours from it if you play on both evil and good and if you want to finish every mission.
MY top 3 GOTY
1.Uncharted 2
2.Infamous
3.Batman

+ Globox_82 on December 3rd, 2009 at 10:55 am said:

Can someone from Sony answer on this question. When you say “sold” do you mean sold to consumers or store?
Would like to rub it in face of VGChartz if i turn to be right…

+ NEJI64 on December 3rd, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

Hey Jeff or Chris Today we celebrate the 15th birthday of the PlayStation. i’m shock The Blog haven’t mention something about it.

@37 i agree with you on that one they started adding games and just stop. i thought they would have made God of War download able. they would have made more money selling GoW 1 & 2 as a bundle for $40 or single for $20 each. now if they do start doing it people going to say there copying off Xboxlive.

+ Airwalkinman17 on December 3rd, 2009 at 10:58 am said:

this game was so good that i PLATINUMED this mug!!!

+ mrdeadhead on December 3rd, 2009 at 11:00 am said:

aw that sucks… i already beat the game… twice… like 6 months ago…

+ CelicaCrazed on December 3rd, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

Definitely picking this up during the holidays. Meant to do it back when it released but I got a bit tied up with things.

+ Stealthur on December 3rd, 2009 at 11:05 am said:

It’s about time we get Giggawat blades

+ ShadowPhoenix18 on December 3rd, 2009 at 11:09 am said:

Sometimes, I absolutely love my job. Picked up InFamous for $10 a couple weeks ago. Of course I wrapped it up and am saving it for my birthday/Christmas, but I am SOOOO looking forward to getting into that game after playing the demo and seeing all the trailers and such at work!

+ Destiny89 on December 3rd, 2009 at 11:09 am said:

The game was amazing! i loved it and glad to see its selling well, hope it sells even more during the holidays

+ Outlaw4Freedom on December 3rd, 2009 at 11:10 am said:

Awesome! I am getting it as well… we just got the PS3 and are loving it… inFAMOUS and Batman:AA are rocking our worlds! :-) Happy Kid

+ ShadowPhoenix18 on December 3rd, 2009 at 11:10 am said:

And by then, these blades will be waiting for me! :-D

Just curious, is this only attainable through DLC? I’m assuming so but…just wondered.

+ typikal82 on December 3rd, 2009 at 11:14 am said:

Guess I should’ve gotten the Amazon pre-order instead. What a rip

+ Mikey1123 on December 3rd, 2009 at 11:14 am said:

well this sucks cause i thought i got a super dell buying it on black friday.

+ EventStatus on December 3rd, 2009 at 11:20 am said:

@65

Most gamestop pre-order bonuses come out a couple of months after the game is out. Seems to be only timed bonus exclusives.

Example:

inFAMOUS- Gigablades
Wolverine- Danger room

The danger room is available via PSN, and the gigablades come soon. You just have to wait a bit in order to get them.

+ acerazer1 on December 3rd, 2009 at 11:20 am said:

It’s a pretty good game for $40.

+ unstablefears on December 3rd, 2009 at 11:20 am said:

Just ordered it from amazon! Too many good deals going on this month, draining my poor credit card :P

+ Draicus on December 3rd, 2009 at 11:24 am said:

An amazing game. With any luck the lower price point will inspire even more people to give it a shot to see just how awesome it really is.

+ NoobianGod on December 3rd, 2009 at 11:25 am said:

My first game to a Platinum and it totally deserves all the benefits of the sales! Great game! Great to be getting the Gigawatt blades too!

Awesome news!

+ Atomika14 on December 3rd, 2009 at 11:28 am said:

Finally! I’ve been waiting for a price drop!

+ WestSiide on December 3rd, 2009 at 11:30 am said:

just curious, 1.2 million US or worldwide?

+ Deeloc107 on December 3rd, 2009 at 11:31 am said:

yeah sony we like free stuff….

+ BlooodyCow on December 3rd, 2009 at 11:35 am said:

@55 Globox_82
Both Nintendo and Sony report sales figures that is sold to the consumers and not retailers. MS report figure sold to retailers and not consumers. So that 6 million lead the xbox 360 has over the PS3 is probable more like 4 million or even less.
So the 1.2 million is new copies, not used copies from gamestop or other trading in stores, that are in consumers homes.

+ BlooodyCow on December 3rd, 2009 at 11:37 am said:

@ 73 WestSiide
That is most likely worldwide.
It should sell around 1.5 million before the year end.

+ nelgonza on December 3rd, 2009 at 11:38 am said:

I have all of Sucker Punch’s games except for this one, Sly 1, 2, 3 on PS2, and Rocket Robot on Wheelson the N64.

+ nelgonza on December 3rd, 2009 at 11:39 am said:

I have all of Sucker Punch’s games except for this one, Sly 1, 2, 3 on PS2, and Rocket: Robot on Wheels on the N64.

+ longmeat on December 3rd, 2009 at 11:44 am said:

Good job SP, loved the game, it was incredible. As soon as I get done with GOW collection and Assasain’s Creed 2, I’ll go back and replay the game to get the plat trophy and try this DLC out. Seriously can’t wait to see what happens with inFAMOUS 2.

+ mixedkidbx on December 3rd, 2009 at 11:49 am said:

Congratz to Sucker Punch. this was a great game and im looking forward to the sequal.

to those that will be picking up the game you will enjoy it a lot.

+ hush404 on December 3rd, 2009 at 11:53 am said:

Sweet :D I really wanted to get those gigawat blades :D One more reason to replay the superb game.

+ HongoXIII on December 3rd, 2009 at 12:08 pm said:

Sounds great to me. I’ll be sure to be picking this baby up. :)

+ Bioman20 on December 3rd, 2009 at 12:16 pm said:

I’m getting this for sure!

+ Bioman20 on December 3rd, 2009 at 12:17 pm said:

When will there ba another Sly Cooper installment?

+ poodude on December 3rd, 2009 at 12:17 pm said:

I was considering purchasing this, or The Sabatouer (I know I spelt that wrong). Looks like I’ll be picking this up instead, I just hope EB is aware of the price drop, I’m not really in the mood to order off of Amazon.ca

+ Bioman20 on December 3rd, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

When is Sly 4 comming?

+ angelspawn77 on December 3rd, 2009 at 12:22 pm said:

sweet, i always wanted this game, but i never got around to buying it because i always had to buy something else(whether game related or not) 40$ is a great price and with free dlc too, im sold. Hopefully ill be able to buy this soon.

+ Superstrokey1123 on December 3rd, 2009 at 12:27 pm said:

Awesome! Infamous is my personal game of the year!

Hope that they make another game or put out some DLC.

+ Ejsponge61 on December 3rd, 2009 at 12:32 pm said:

Now, I gotta get this to!
My Christmas list will explode!

+ zombie_56 on December 3rd, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

happy 15th birthday playstation

+ freeluv on December 3rd, 2009 at 12:44 pm said:

Is there any chance for an update that shows how many blast shards you’ve recieved on each island?? I only hve one left and cannot find it for the life of me! It’d be a great help if I at least knew what island it’s on

+ AceOfSpades725 on December 3rd, 2009 at 12:52 pm said:

Congrats Sucker Punch! You guys are fantastic! i’ll be looking forward to those Gigawatt Blades!

+ TheGuardianFID on December 3rd, 2009 at 12:56 pm said:

Congratz SP, inFAMOUS is one of my favorite new IPs this gen and one of my favorites of all time!!! You guys did a phenomenal job and I hope you sell many more copies, now down to business, where’s my inFAMOUS II, come on hussle people!!! >:( :P :D

+ DZORMAGEN on December 3rd, 2009 at 1:33 pm said:

Who ever does not get this game for this offer is……CRAZY!! I love this game, and I know a lot of you will too!

+ Berae on December 3rd, 2009 at 1:39 pm said:

Ill take infamous 2 anytime :) The 1st one was very good and way better than prototype

+ bravo9zero on December 3rd, 2009 at 2:01 pm said:

New DLC would be awesome, new powers Etc
This game is amazing, I want more Sucker punch!!

+ MastaMold on December 3rd, 2009 at 2:12 pm said:

bad azz game if for the people that have not played it a… ur dumb

+ Dice_for_Death_ on December 3rd, 2009 at 2:24 pm said:

“…massive damage…”

LOL.

+ ADR143 on December 3rd, 2009 at 2:50 pm said:

congrats suckerpunch! Platinum baby!!