PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

inFAMOUS Now $39.99 + Gigawatt Blades Coming Free to PSN

Asad Qizilbash's Avatar + Posted by Asad Qizilbash on Dec 03, 2009 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

If you didn’t get a chance to check out this summer’s superhero action-adventure blockbuster from Sucker Punch Productions, well, now is the perfect time to do so. Just in time for the holidays, we’re excited to announce that inFAMOUS is now available for $39.99.

If the new price point’s not incentive enough, beginning on December 10th, Cole’s ‘Gigawatt Blades’ Super Power, will become available for FREE on PlayStation Network. The Gigawatt Blades supercharge Cole’s arm into blades of pure energy which can be used to cause massive damage against enemies during melee combat.

inFamous Gigawatt Blades

In other inFAMOUS news, the official game soundtrack which features three previously unreleased bonus tracks will be released December 8th to retail outlets through Sumthing Else Music Works and is now available for digital download on Sumthing Digital.

And one special final note, we’d like to send out congratulations to Sucker Punch Productions as inFAMOUS has sold over 1.2 million copies as of October 2009 – congrats guys!

132 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ TwinDad on December 3rd, 2009 at 2:58 pm said:

Thanks, but no Thanks. Why not make it greatest hits pricing?

I’ll wait it out, or get at clearance after the holidays.

+ Demonhunter84 on December 3rd, 2009 at 3:04 pm said:

I’ll buy it at $40 but wish it was Greatest Hit maybe cause it hasn’t sold enough. I rented it and didn’t get to beat it.

+ D-Squad3 on December 3rd, 2009 at 3:08 pm said:

Definitely getting the blades but why the price drop? I’m just curious why the price went down so fast.

+ jj_spaceman on December 3rd, 2009 at 3:14 pm said:

Great game, loved it. Definitely worth checking out if you haven’t yet. Might have to fire it up again to check out the new blades.

+ Kirkpad on December 3rd, 2009 at 3:30 pm said:

I guess it was good I traded it in while it was still $70 in Canada. I only got $15 buy-back, but it was better than the $2 for Oblivion.

+ wolfzero1 on December 3rd, 2009 at 4:07 pm said:

congrats to Sucker Punch for making a great game, I hope the sequel is in the works, but its a little late with these as I & most everyone else have already got the Platinum for this.

+ Ratchet426 on December 3rd, 2009 at 4:08 pm said:

Hmmm… I guess my $299 Amazon PS3 value bundle just dropped $20 in value ;-)

Oh well, can’t complain. Its good to see a great game get a price drop for the Holidays as I’m sure it will see an increase in sales.

+ N1nji on December 3rd, 2009 at 4:12 pm said:

I would of expected more as well, the game was one my highlights of this year in terms of enjoyment.

+ TOY_BOXX on December 3rd, 2009 at 4:57 pm said:

Congrats Sucker Punch for making a great game, and thank you, also, for giving us free blades!

+ cronqvist on December 3rd, 2009 at 5:04 pm said:

I’m glad I didn’t get it on Black Friday. Now I can take advantage of the discount AND some DLC. Thanks Sony! :3

+ KILLZONE79 on December 3rd, 2009 at 5:34 pm said:

Sweet, glad the gigawatts blade preorder exclusive ended. i will be downloading that for sure.

+ HK1317 on December 3rd, 2009 at 7:03 pm said:

its about time for e to pick this gae up i have been too busy with MW2 =)

+ Dex_DarkDefender on December 3rd, 2009 at 8:38 pm said:

If you have the game already can you still get the gigawatt blades. i barely got it on black friday but i want to know if i can get the blades. it would help a lot!

+ CloudStorm87 on December 3rd, 2009 at 8:51 pm said:

Congrats Sucker Punch! Can’t wait for the sequel ;)

+ RevolverOcelot on December 3rd, 2009 at 9:34 pm said:

Congrats to Sucker Punch, the game deserves to be successful.

+ bentl78 on December 3rd, 2009 at 11:04 pm said:

I picked up infamous the day it was released and had a blast w/ the game.
hope there is a DLC coming. Cant wait for the 2nd one to come out

+ Rhino136 on December 3rd, 2009 at 11:20 pm said:

Wait! Right Now! Right Now!
ok going to store this instant.

+ Silurus on December 4th, 2009 at 2:19 am said:

How about some proper DLC. Think I only used the Gigawatt Blades twice in 2 playthroughs.

+ Gencoil on December 4th, 2009 at 2:57 am said:

Massive damage! Does this mean there’s giant enemy crabs in the game now?

+ gilgamesh21 on December 4th, 2009 at 4:12 am said:

Hi Asad, since you’re a Marketing Manager SCEA, I want to give you feedback on PS3 3.10.
1.Please allow the option to choose the “system start-up” I want.
a. Original “Sony Computer Entertainment/ classical music”.
b. New “PS3/ neo-classical music”.
2. Allow me to have the XMB icons/words stay visible or fade.
3. Allow me to turn on/off the “adticker” in top right corner.
4.Please allow me to choose which “media boot-up” screen I want.
a. Original “PLAYSTATION 3/ jingle” splash screen.
b. New “black screen/ no jingle”.
The original splash is comfortable and heart warming!
5. Please bring back basic black! I want the old black colour theme with my sparkles please!
6. Allow me to turn off the Whats New icon, completely removing it from my XMB.
Every user loves superficial customization. Many PLAYSTATION 3 users would make use of these options.
Thanks for your hardwork, I know Sony is trying to make PS3/PSN/XMB better. I know SCEA may not be responsible for the changes, so please let SCEI know too.Happy Holidays!

+ drdre74 on December 4th, 2009 at 6:53 am said:

Glad it sold 1.2 million. I loved the game but still need to finish my second go at the game to get my trophies. Some of the combo moves I’m having a hard time with. Cant seem to jump off a building and hit a guy and then thunder drop on him. Thats taking forever. lol!

+ TehWeirdDude on December 4th, 2009 at 2:09 pm said:

THANK YOU for the gigawatt blades! I had originally earned the blades when the game was first released, but I fumbled with opening the code to get them, and I couldn’t do it. Thanks for doing it now!

+ RavageHeitaro on December 4th, 2009 at 6:39 pm said:

Lovely! Well deserved sales for inFamous, one of the amazing new IPs from Sony’s 1st party studios.

If you guys are reading this, i just have to say that i really enjoyed your game guys and amazing story telling! My suggestions for inFamous 2: Maybe a splitscreen co-op with a partner that has alternate powers? And more unlockable powers please!

+ Louie on December 5th, 2009 at 7:17 am said:

I rented it and got bored fast.

I returned it back the second day.

+ thegriefer on December 6th, 2009 at 6:55 pm said:

EVERY PS3 OWNER NEEDS TO BUY THIS GAME, ITS GREAT! ONE OF MY FAVORITE GAMES THIS GEN!

+ Elvick_ on December 7th, 2009 at 1:58 am said:

An arena would have been nice to add some replayability. Just round after round of bad guys… I love infamous but there’s barely a reason to go back.

+ inFAMOUS409 on December 10th, 2009 at 4:36 am said:

its dec. 10th and th blades arent in the playstation store

+ davenchris on December 10th, 2009 at 6:16 am said:

I love inFamous. Finished it as well…inFamous. It’s Awesome to be bad LOL. I’m looking forward to the gigawatt blades. Where are they?

+ ThreeFourSeven on December 10th, 2009 at 10:16 am said:

Congrats to SuckerPunch, I beat the game twice and got all the trophies for it. Love the game from start to finish.

+ arbo41 on December 10th, 2009 at 10:52 am said:

I was just wondering when they will be put on the PSN Store?

+ hellraiser1454 on December 12th, 2009 at 5:18 pm said:

i have visited 3 different retailors looking for this game and they are all still selling it for 49.99 is the price drop not available in canada

+ pakollarsen on December 13th, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

nice. im so much getting this add on acheivement. looks nce

PAGE 1 2 3