PlayStation VR

Dec 03

Dec 03

inFAMOUS Now $39.99 + Gigawatt Blades Coming Free to PSN

Asad Qizilbash's Avatar Posted by Senior Director, First Party Games, SIEA

If you didn’t get a chance to check out this summer’s superhero action-adventure blockbuster from Sucker Punch Productions, well, now is the perfect time to do so. Just in time for the holidays, we’re excited to announce that inFAMOUS is now available for $39.99.

If the new price point’s not incentive enough, beginning on December 10th, Cole’s ‘Gigawatt Blades’ Super Power, will become available for FREE on PlayStation Network. The Gigawatt Blades supercharge Cole’s arm into blades of pure energy which can be used to cause massive damage against enemies during melee combat.

inFamous Gigawatt Blades

In other inFAMOUS news, the official game soundtrack which features three previously unreleased bonus tracks will be released December 8th to retail outlets through Sumthing Else Music Works and is now available for digital download on Sumthing Digital.

And one special final note, we’d like to send out congratulations to Sucker Punch Productions as inFAMOUS has sold over 1.2 million copies as of October 2009 – congrats guys!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

TwinDad said:

December 3rd, 2:58 pm

Thanks, but no Thanks. Why not make it greatest hits pricing?

I’ll wait it out, or get at clearance after the holidays.

Demonhunter84 said:

December 3rd, 3:04 pm

I’ll buy it at $40 but wish it was Greatest Hit maybe cause it hasn’t sold enough. I rented it and didn’t get to beat it.

D-Squad3 said:

December 3rd, 3:08 pm

Definitely getting the blades but why the price drop? I’m just curious why the price went down so fast.

jj_spaceman said:

December 3rd, 3:14 pm

Great game, loved it. Definitely worth checking out if you haven’t yet. Might have to fire it up again to check out the new blades.

Kirkpad said:

December 3rd, 3:30 pm

I guess it was good I traded it in while it was still $70 in Canada. I only got $15 buy-back, but it was better than the $2 for Oblivion.

wolfzero1 said:

December 3rd, 4:07 pm

congrats to Sucker Punch for making a great game, I hope the sequel is in the works, but its a little late with these as I & most everyone else have already got the Platinum for this.

Ratchet426 said:

December 3rd, 4:08 pm

Hmmm… I guess my $299 Amazon PS3 value bundle just dropped $20 in value ;-)

Oh well, can’t complain. Its good to see a great game get a price drop for the Holidays as I’m sure it will see an increase in sales.

N1nji said:

December 3rd, 4:12 pm

I would of expected more as well, the game was one my highlights of this year in terms of enjoyment.

TOY_BOXX said:

December 3rd, 4:57 pm

Congrats Sucker Punch for making a great game, and thank you, also, for giving us free blades!

cronqvist said:

December 3rd, 5:04 pm

I’m glad I didn’t get it on Black Friday. Now I can take advantage of the discount AND some DLC. Thanks Sony! :3

KILLZONE79 said:

December 3rd, 5:34 pm

Sweet, glad the gigawatts blade preorder exclusive ended. i will be downloading that for sure.

HK1317 said:

December 3rd, 7:03 pm

its about time for e to pick this gae up i have been too busy with MW2 =)

Dex_DarkDefender said:

December 3rd, 8:38 pm

If you have the game already can you still get the gigawatt blades. i barely got it on black friday but i want to know if i can get the blades. it would help a lot!

CloudStorm87 said:

December 3rd, 8:51 pm

Congrats Sucker Punch! Can’t wait for the sequel ;)

RevolverOcelot said:

December 3rd, 9:34 pm

Congrats to Sucker Punch, the game deserves to be successful.

bentl78 said:

December 3rd, 11:04 pm

I picked up infamous the day it was released and had a blast w/ the game.
hope there is a DLC coming. Cant wait for the 2nd one to come out

Rhino136 said:

December 3rd, 11:20 pm

Wait! Right Now! Right Now!
ok going to store this instant.

Silurus said:

December 4th, 2:19 am

How about some proper DLC. Think I only used the Gigawatt Blades twice in 2 playthroughs.

Gencoil said:

December 4th, 2:57 am

Massive damage! Does this mean there’s giant enemy crabs in the game now?

gilgamesh21 said:

December 4th, 4:12 am

Hi Asad, since you’re a Marketing Manager SCEA, I want to give you feedback on PS3 3.10.
1.Please allow the option to choose the “system start-up” I want.
a. Original “Sony Computer Entertainment/ classical music”.
b. New “PS3/ neo-classical music”.
2. Allow me to have the XMB icons/words stay visible or fade.
3. Allow me to turn on/off the “adticker” in top right corner.
4.Please allow me to choose which “media boot-up” screen I want.
a. Original “PLAYSTATION 3/ jingle” splash screen.
b. New “black screen/ no jingle”.
The original splash is comfortable and heart warming!
5. Please bring back basic black! I want the old black colour theme with my sparkles please!
6. Allow me to turn off the Whats New icon, completely removing it from my XMB.
Every user loves superficial customization. Many PLAYSTATION 3 users would make use of these options.
Thanks for your hardwork, I know Sony is trying to make PS3/PSN/XMB better. I know SCEA may not be responsible for the changes, so please let SCEI know too.Happy Holidays!

drdre74 said:

December 4th, 6:53 am

Glad it sold 1.2 million. I loved the game but still need to finish my second go at the game to get my trophies. Some of the combo moves I’m having a hard time with. Cant seem to jump off a building and hit a guy and then thunder drop on him. Thats taking forever. lol!

TehWeirdDude said:

December 4th, 2:09 pm

THANK YOU for the gigawatt blades! I had originally earned the blades when the game was first released, but I fumbled with opening the code to get them, and I couldn’t do it. Thanks for doing it now!

RavageHeitaro said:

December 4th, 6:39 pm

Lovely! Well deserved sales for inFamous, one of the amazing new IPs from Sony’s 1st party studios.

If you guys are reading this, i just have to say that i really enjoyed your game guys and amazing story telling! My suggestions for inFamous 2: Maybe a splitscreen co-op with a partner that has alternate powers? And more unlockable powers please!

Louie said:

December 5th, 7:17 am

I rented it and got bored fast.

I returned it back the second day.

thegriefer said:

December 6th, 6:55 pm

EVERY PS3 OWNER NEEDS TO BUY THIS GAME, ITS GREAT! ONE OF MY FAVORITE GAMES THIS GEN!

Elvick_ said:

December 7th, 1:58 am

An arena would have been nice to add some replayability. Just round after round of bad guys… I love infamous but there’s barely a reason to go back.

inFAMOUS409 said:

December 10th, 4:36 am

its dec. 10th and th blades arent in the playstation store

davenchris said:

December 10th, 6:16 am

I love inFamous. Finished it as well…inFamous. It’s Awesome to be bad LOL. I’m looking forward to the gigawatt blades. Where are they?

ThreeFourSeven said:

December 10th, 10:16 am

Congrats to SuckerPunch, I beat the game twice and got all the trophies for it. Love the game from start to finish.

arbo41 said:

December 10th, 10:52 am

I was just wondering when they will be put on the PSN Store?

hellraiser1454 said:

December 12th, 5:18 pm

i have visited 3 different retailors looking for this game and they are all still selling it for 49.99 is the price drop not available in canada

pakollarsen said:

December 13th, 10:30 am

nice. im so much getting this add on acheivement. looks nce

PAGE 1 2 3