PS4 - Destiny

New Gran Turismo 5 Trailer, Revving up for E3 Expo 2010

Stephanie Yoshimoto's Avatar + Posted by Stephanie Yoshimoto on Jun 12, 2010 // Senior Product Marketing Manager

Happy Saturday, PlayStation.Blog readers! The pre-E3 excitement is building as we reveal new details about Dead Nation, MotorStorm Apocalypse, inFAMOUS 2, Killzone 3, God of War: Ghost of Sparta, LittleBigPlanet 2, PixelJunk Shooter 2, stereoscopic 3D gaming, and more news about our lineup of great PS3 and PSP games.

And one game I know everyone is anxious to hear more about is Gran Turismo 5.

Last night, GameTrailers and Spike TV unveiled the latest Gran Turismo 5 trailer in their hour-long pre-E3 special. The trailer features some brand new footage of the game’s gorgeous cars and detailed, realistic tracks. Even if you didn’t catch it, you’re in for a treat because here is the full version of the trailer, featuring a retrospective of Gran Turismo 1 through GT4 and all-new footage of Gran Turismo 5.

If you’ve been a fan of Gran Turismo, you may recognize some of that classic footage from back in the day. Since it first released on PSone, Gran Turismo helped to revolutionize the racing genre of video games, and this year, Gran Turismo 5 will set the bar even higher as the most realistic and comprehensive racing experience — and it’s exclusive to the PS3.

Stay tuned to the PlayStation.Blog and the official Gran Turismo website for the latest information on GT5 in the coming weeks.

121 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ shark301 on June 13th, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

Should have left out NASCAR and released it a little earlier.

Still looking forward to it, and I’ll preorder it; but I wish it were shipping next month. There comes a point where the waiting and hype becomes almost insulting to loyal fans.

+ barit on June 13th, 2010 at 10:15 am said:

The reason why it takes forever releasing GT5 is 3D and Move Support. Sony want a big flagship for the new technology and GT5 fits perfect in the plan. But i hope this strategies don´t bite back cause like 80% of the comments already stated, if it takes to long nobody care anymore.

+ Bolduk on June 13th, 2010 at 10:37 am said:

This trailer is not different than any other previous GT5 trailers we’ve already seen. WHEN WILL WE SEE ACTUAL GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE?!? You know, what gamers actualy care for? Gameplay. Not fake plastic CG trailers!

If the game doesn’t receive a release date at E3 or if it’s dated for 2014 like I bet, I swear I will stop buying anything Sony related. Can’t beleive people are actualy giving a good score to the video. Dman it’s nothing new, we’ve already seen this [DELETED] a bunch of times before, wake up!!

+ zombie9 on June 13th, 2010 at 11:01 am said:

Enough Teaser tailers every time I see one it’s just a slap in the face. been watching teaser tailers for a year now and still not finding GT5 in stores. Good marketing guys! Hipe my hipe died 6 months ago.

+ BalramRules on June 13th, 2010 at 1:07 pm said:

GT5 FTW! XD

+ SGTquig on June 13th, 2010 at 1:32 pm said:

Stop caring after the first dozen delays…

+ TallCrowe on June 13th, 2010 at 1:53 pm said:

Looks great. Will we see it this year?

+ sergiord on June 13th, 2010 at 2:35 pm said:

Looks great!!! but… I can’t help but think that no matter how good this game is, it will never live up to the expectation that came whith all the delays…

If 3d and move support are all that’s new, it will be a big disapointment… nobody cares about 3d, and move is not what the hardcore racing fan cares about…

+ phinnv8 on June 13th, 2010 at 2:56 pm said:

Release date or it doesn’t matter. Then again the wait for GT5 isn’t much longer than the load times in MN Racers.

+ YeWest_is_da_man on June 13th, 2010 at 5:50 pm said:

I have never been a huge fan of the GT series, but I have always loved and appreciated the work that goes into these games- to be both perfect in terms of physics, handling, sound of cars, etc. and visually speaking. The content that is coming with this game will be well worth the wait and the price tag (even if they raise the price a little more due to all the content included)- and I may even wind up getting this game.

+ YeWest_is_da_man on June 13th, 2010 at 5:51 pm said:

As for the people who are complaining about how long it took… I actually believe this game WAS on the verge of coming out almost a year and a half ago, but then all of you people who are whining were the exact same people who complained about them not making any damage done to the cars when they crashed or bumped each other. So I don’t get how to please you people- the game was practically done, and then you whined about no damage. So they have to re-work all the physics- from a game already completed and built around a totally different physics system mind you- and you still complain. I mean if the game was still in it’s early stages, I could understand, but we are talking about a game that was darn near finished, and then they took the time to go back and include something just for the fans- imagine building something from the ground up, and then when you are almost done, somebody comes in and tells you that the one thing that’s holding everything together needs to be re-done, but you can’t destroy any of the other stuff otherwise it totally ruins the whole project- it’s the same concept and it’s a tough thing to ask of them, but they did it, and succeeded… so give them a break.

+ ARC_Stig on June 13th, 2010 at 8:50 pm said:

:) I just hope my PS3 lives long enough too be able too play this ;) I got a PS3 so I could play this game…But It’s been having issues…with YLOD…this is my 3rd recovery, my PS3 will soilder on! :)

+ Hradekal on June 13th, 2010 at 8:52 pm said:

You guys releasing this sometime soon? Geeze le pete what the heck has Polyphony been doing all this time? Jerkin eachother’s shlongs?

+ CaptainKhronic on June 13th, 2010 at 10:31 pm said:

Couldn’t care less about Gran Turismo or any racing sim for that matter. Where’s my GRID 2 at?

+ RoarrrUK on June 13th, 2010 at 11:37 pm said:

CHeck out gtplanet for some amazing le mans videos. There’s finally tire smoke in there.

+ ThanatosDMC on June 14th, 2010 at 2:16 am said:

AWESOME! I cant wait to play this game with the new wheel i bought!

+ tenshin78 on June 14th, 2010 at 8:38 am said:

This is really a [DELETED] trailer, bad resolution, tiny images, no option for HD display, very few images that we havent seen before, nothing new to see here, come on, you can do BETTER, really.

Let me know when you got a release date or something that would actually care.

+ mclaren777 on June 15th, 2010 at 2:45 pm said:

Dear Polyphony Digital,

Please fix the terrible chase camera (make it more like GT1-GT3).

Thanks,
Luke

+ GunnersFury on June 16th, 2010 at 12:08 am said:

hey is novemeber 2 world wide relise or is that only for the us….

i hope its world wide

+ rmx687 on June 17th, 2010 at 11:33 am said:

man this is really going to be never ending once 11/2 hits…

i can’t wait!

+ trev456 on June 19th, 2010 at 8:24 pm said:

The song is called “Big Bad Wolf” by The Heavy.

PAGE 1 2 3