PS3-TLOU Left Behind

PlayStation Move Launches at Stores Across North America

John Koller's Avatar + Posted by John Koller on Sep 17, 2010 // VP of Marketing - Home Consoles and Handheld Platforms, SCEA

It’s been years in the making, and this weekend we’re ushering in a new era in gaming with the launch of PlayStation Move. We thank you guys for all the support you’ve shown Move since we announced it back at E3 2009 and now, we’re thrilled to bring you the most immersive and precise high definition gaming experience ever designed, exclusive to the PS3 system.

PlayStation Move motion controller (front) for PS3

As we’ve mentioned before, you’ll be able to pick up PlayStation Move in a variety of ways:

• For those who don’t own a PS3, the PlayStation 3 Sports Champion Move Bundle: Available for $399.99 (MSRP), it includes a 320GB HDD model PS3 system, one PlayStation Move motion controller, a PlayStation Eye camera, a copy of Sports Champions on Blu-ray disc, and a PlayStation Move game bonus demo disc
  • For those who own a PS3, the PlayStation Move Bundle: Available for $99.99 (MSRP), it includes one PlayStation Move motion controller, a PlayStation Eye camera and a copy of Sports Champions on Blu-ray disc.
  • PlayStation Move motion controller: Available as a stand-alone product for $49.99 (MSRP)
  • PlayStation Move navigation controller: Also available as a stand-alone product for $29.99 (MSRP)

Move Bundle PlayStation 3 - 320GB Move Bundle

Whether you’re an experienced or casual gamer, or somewhere in between, there’s an incredibly diverse range of PlayStation Move game content available, including sports, shooters, puzzles, party and family-friendly titles, all in high definition. We’ve specifically designed Move to cater to everyone in the family, so no matter which genre you’re into, you can have hours of fun, while experiencing realistic and accurate motion controlled gameplay unlike anything on the market. Think you’re a pro golfer? Try Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 (Electronic Arts Inc). Want to become a street brawler (The Fight), take on combatants on a battlefield (MAG), or become a beach volleyball star (Sports Champions)? You can become any character you wish with PlayStation Move – which literally places YOU in the game. With close to 30 titles announced to date offering PlayStation Move functionality, including EyePet, The Fight: Lights Out, Heavy Rain, Killzone 3, Kung Fu Rider, MAG, Start the Party!, Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition (Capcom), Sports Champions, The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn’s Quest (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment), Time Crisis: Razing Storm (NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc.), and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11, PlayStation Move has high definition games for all demographics and types of gamers.

Eyepet Start The Party!

Kung Fu Rider Sports Champions

For the past 15 years, PlayStation has helped revolutionize the video game industry, by introducing you to in-depth, high-resolution and real time 3D computer graphics and technical innovations such as Blu-ray and stereoscopic 3D entertainment for the home. With the introduction of PlayStation Move, we’re once again changing home entertainment by delivering more immersive and challenging gaming experiences that cater to everyone in the family.

Thanks again for all your support. We hope you jump off the couch and enjoy PlayStation Move every bit as much as we have while working towards this launch the past few years. As always, let us know your thoughts!

123 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ fedex682 on September 17th, 2010 at 5:03 am said:

getting mine today! can’t wait to try it out.

+ remanutd5 on September 17th, 2010 at 5:05 am said:

nice, i have Eyepet , MAG and Heavy Rain , getting my Playstation Move today

+ Reginthorn on September 17th, 2010 at 5:13 am said:

Will I be able to test the Move in stores like Walmart? The nearest Sony Style store is one hundred miles away from me.

+ Scarface3010 on September 17th, 2010 at 5:16 am said:

I’m waiting for my Move bundle, extra controller and navigation contoller to be delivered. Can’t wait to play after work today!

+ digiboy123 on September 17th, 2010 at 5:20 am said:

Can’t wait to see what major titles will have the Move incorporated.

(Personally hoping Ratchet All 4 One might be compatible)

+ WakizashiM on September 17th, 2010 at 5:25 am said:

Can’t wait to play RE5 over again with the Move.

+ nWo-Iron_Eagle on September 17th, 2010 at 5:37 am said:

Well thats it i think its safe to say the start of the wii wiis and 360′s end is comeing just like the ps2 the ps3 was hated at first devs complained about it and now its on the throne. I will say next e3 ps3 is crowned winner and king of this gen.

+ archdemonoid on September 17th, 2010 at 5:38 am said:

I got mine at 12am and I’m loving it. I got the bundle and an extra move controller and so far im very impressed.

+ Xanthene on September 17th, 2010 at 5:39 am said:

the best thing about this is all the games I already own that are getting support.

+ BrianMcGuinness on September 17th, 2010 at 5:45 am said:

I played Tumble for 30 minutes yesterday at the HQ in NYC. Very addicting and fun.

+ Scarface3010 on September 17th, 2010 at 5:46 am said:

I tried it out at the SonyStyle store. I like how it works and feels. Solid device.

+ macling on September 17th, 2010 at 5:48 am said:

Getting mine in a couple of hours, very excited

+ Chanskie on September 17th, 2010 at 5:53 am said:

Got my Move yesterday in Australia launch day. I enjoying it very much. Downloaded the demo TV Star….love it!!! The most memorable game will be the Boocce and Tumber!!! Keep it up SONY, bring me more new ideas!
P.S Gladiator is lag a bit, not as precise as i hope it will be. But we get the general idea.

+ KazeEternal on September 17th, 2010 at 5:53 am said:

Mine should be arriving at my office today ^^ Good Ol’Amazon.com with release day, 99 cent delivery plus obscene discounts from other preorders. Paid 60 dollars for 2 Moves, 1 Navigator, and a copy of sports champions. Take that GameStop. PS Eye is already setup at home waiting for me.

+ Rikith on September 17th, 2010 at 5:54 am said:

The Bundle sucks why no nav controller with it, everyone already owns the stupid pseye.

+ Voodoo_Lou on September 17th, 2010 at 5:55 am said:

Off to Gamestop in a bit. Still need one more motion controller. They ran out at the midnight opening last night.

Struck out at Walmart, Target and Kmart. None of them had them out yet or knew what I was talking about (even the ones with signs up).

+ Enforcer_X on September 17th, 2010 at 5:58 am said:

Got the Move, Nav and EyePet coming today! Thanks Sony and Amazon!
The Fight Lights Out is pre-orderd can’t wait!

+ John_Oval on September 17th, 2010 at 5:58 am said:

Getting mine at noon after class, holy eff I cant wait!!! Thanks sony!

+ jeepdeep on September 17th, 2010 at 6:00 am said:

Slightly related, but does anyone know echochrome’s release date?
I’ll probably pick up Move when echochrome ii is out.

+ mcbuttz78 on September 17th, 2010 at 6:04 am said:

Legionaires the great war of take over has begun, rejoice!!!. they cannot divied us.// For they call us fan boys, this is not hobby we dont own 3 consoles.. We dont guy buy 2 copies of something for onthe other console, our heart stay true to ps3.. We area legion of of true gamers in every genre of gaming. this is not for a short time, this is for life!!!

Legoniares, this is the world’s 1st 1:1 in motion gaming .. those x box trolls and wii ninten dogz . Tried for years and failed. Becuase they dont any better than failure. Sony will not fall or falter. Legionaires show them we mean war let support all of our weapons in our sony arsenal..

Legionairs the great war has begun

mcbuttz78.. vp of sony legionaires

+ AngelofDeathLoki on September 17th, 2010 at 6:04 am said:

UGH! Don’t try Walmart. At least mine I went to didn’t have any at midnight, so I thought they were still somewhere in the back. Got up this morning and went, “oh we don’t get them until October”. Ugh! So much for getting them early on. I have to wait for Best Buy to open at 10, and it’s only 8 now. I’m so impatient.

+ Panther_20 on September 17th, 2010 at 6:05 am said:

I went all in through Amazon. Sports Champions bundle and 3 additional Move controllers. The more friends involved the better. I’m anxiously waiting for full reviews of the golf and tennis games with Move support.

+ ANUBUSNYC on September 17th, 2010 at 6:06 am said:

I picked up eye pet and start the party on the 7th, grabbing my sports champions bundle and extra controller in about an hour, can’t wait!!!

+ Dardantuan on September 17th, 2010 at 6:20 am said:

I went against my better judgment and decided to be an early adopter of the Move. My order from Amazon should be here later today. I am most excited about playing Resident Evil 5 with the new controls. Please don’t let me down Sony! You already burned me once with the PSPGo, don’t let it happen again! Support the thing, please.

+ Delriach on September 17th, 2010 at 6:21 am said:

If you guys are looking for great deals, you might want to stop by kmart. You’ll get a $25 voucher after purchasing a Move bundle.

+ TUSTIN1 on September 17th, 2010 at 6:21 am said:

Until they make a bundle for those that already own the PSeye, my cash stays in my wallet…

+ triforceofawesom on September 17th, 2010 at 6:22 am said:

I’ll probably pick this up in the next month or so, around the time that The Fight: Lights Out is released.

+ nokedimyo on September 17th, 2010 at 6:26 am said:

I may get the move when my PS3 comes back from repairs. Some of these games seem really cool!

+ KILLZONE79 on September 17th, 2010 at 6:27 am said:

My sports bundle ($99) arrives today as i preordered it last week.

+ emoplayer33 on September 17th, 2010 at 6:28 am said:

=( add the freaking nav!!!!

omg $49.99 for one move controller? include the nav then we have a deal

+ Mysteryous_Bluez on September 17th, 2010 at 6:30 am said:

I’m getting my PS3 Move Bundle EARLY next week! Sony, you’ve done it once again.

+ Grayfoxx663 on September 17th, 2010 at 6:33 am said:

Tustin you’re an idiot you can buy the controller and game for less than the bundle. Stop being a little punk.

+ CruzanDemon7 on September 17th, 2010 at 6:36 am said:

waiting for UPS to deliver mines, I got ruse and couple titles to play

+ KILLZONE79 on September 17th, 2010 at 6:39 am said:

Hey sony, just and idea to tie in with the launch of PlayStation Move, add some playstation move avatars on PSN store or even a PlayStation move dynamic theme

+ PlayHall on September 17th, 2010 at 6:40 am said:

wowo its out today lol idked that well im gtn it

+ nikrel on September 17th, 2010 at 6:41 am said:

I just went to wal-mart this morning to pick up mine, it is exactly what I was hoping for, haven’t goteen to play much tried tumble eyepet and disc golf, it’s a blast!

+ lyfestory on September 17th, 2010 at 6:41 am said:

i’m not sold on Move yet, but I pre-ordered the Move 320gb bundle… should be here today… I wouldn’t have bothered if my original 60gb PS3 hadn’t died… twice… so, i needed a new system… hope Move ends up being a good thing..

+ Kane22_ on September 17th, 2010 at 6:41 am said:

im getting the move and the nav controller later today anyone want to play RE5:GE with me just add me i’m looking for new friends for co-op games anyway:)

+ Hellman on September 17th, 2010 at 6:41 am said:

I’m glad you changed the box art for the playstation move games looks more organized than the early versions.

+ mcbuttz78 on September 17th, 2010 at 6:46 am said:

@tutin, they do have different bundles.. you dont have to buy the ps eye over . You can get the move and sport champion game at certain places for 65$. radio shack. has a bundle. best buy has a bundle. You dont have to buy the eye with move it sold seprerately and stores are giving discounts and have certain bundles, call them and go check and see what they have..

mcbuttz78

+ VanilaGorila-x- on September 17th, 2010 at 6:50 am said:

When can we expect to see a Move/Nav bundle? I already own the PSEye and don’t need another one.

Peace,
VG

+ Trypple on September 17th, 2010 at 6:52 am said:

LOL @ 16 They never do brah, they never do.

+ NotoriousGamer on September 17th, 2010 at 6:57 am said:

Took Sony looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong enough.

+ KILLZONE79 on September 17th, 2010 at 7:00 am said:

@ duh, they wanted to make sure everything was ready at launch
why release a product if theres bugs in it?

+ jayrockslife on September 17th, 2010 at 7:02 am said:

Please release a bundle with 2 contollers! Maybe inclue a nav contoller or something else as well. I don’t want to have to buy everything separately just so my sister can play with me..

+ Tre-Jigz510 on September 17th, 2010 at 7:07 am said:

picking mines up @10am cnt wait,then goin 2 s.f 4 the meet-up at HQ @ 3pm jus 2 b there early. i luv schwag!!!

+ Sindred on September 17th, 2010 at 7:10 am said:

Picking it up today.

+ Bug42 on September 17th, 2010 at 7:13 am said:

Over Priced

+ ptuck874 on September 17th, 2010 at 7:13 am said:

love the white bread kidz on the start the party box art :) lol

+ Jmchaos on September 17th, 2010 at 7:15 am said:

gotta wait a few days till my paycheck comes, hope they aren’t sold out by then! gonna have to get the $99 bundle, never got an eye, never wanted it till now.

PAGE 1 2 3