Sid and Rey are en route back to the Bay Area after a week in Japanland for Tokyo Game Show. While they prep the next batch of TGS content for you (an interview with Ueda-san and more), I’ll step in for Mr. Shuman with this week’s recap.
He does also like to share what he’s up to, doesn’t he? Here goes.
- I’m playing: Tumble, Sports Champions, Valkyria Chronicles II (you can download Selvaria now!), Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
- I’m watching: The Phillies re-take 1st place in the NL East on MLB.tv, Football – both NFL (Eagles) and EPL (Arsenal), looking forward to the season premiere of HIMYM on Monday.
- I’m reading: the new Game Informer with BioShock Infinite on the cover (great art)
- Introducing Tumble for PlayStation Move — Available now for $9.99, Tumble is a great purchase for new PlayStation Move owners.
- Hustle Kings – On the Move and More! — Already own Hustle Kings? Picking up PlayStation Move this weekend? You’re only a liquor license away from opening up your own billiards hall.
- Heavy Rain on PlayStation Move Comes 9/22 — Enjoy the light fun of Sports Champions and Kung Fu Rider this weekend, descend into a vision of Philadelphia even darker than after an Eagles loss (I’m from there, so I can say that ^_^).
- Dead Space 2 for PS3: Multiplayer Screens and First Info — Taking control of a Necromorph, finally feel what it’s like to have your limbs removed by pinpoint plasma cutter blasts. Not so fun now, is it??
- PAX Encounters: Hoard Multiplayer Dissected in New Videos — When we met with the devs at PAX, we complained that the trailers didn’t do a good job of explaining how the game works. Hence this new video of complete rounds being played. BTW, multiplayer is hella fun.
- ModNation Monday: The Artist Spotlight Returns! — Tanner and Tyler bring their real-life trick driving experience to the ModSpot.
- Meet the Complete Season 2 Cast of The Tester! — You may have picked your favorite to become the next Tester, but the more pressing question is: Who’s going to be this season’s Barmy?
- Sports Champions Week: Archery — Remember that E3 2009 demo where Anton was shooting arrows at zombie skeletons? That made it into Sports Champions.
- PlayStation Store Update — Worms 2, Move demos, Soviet Strike, a Castlevania sale, Phantasy Star Portable 2… a pretty damn good selection this week, it’s got to be said.
- Six Reasons to Pre-Order God of War: Ghost of Sparta! — I think most of you only need one reason to pre-order God of War: Ghost of Sparta: It’s God of War: Ghost of Sparta.
- Fallout: New Vegas for PS3: Meet the Companions — What, you thought you were going to be trekking around post-apocalyptic Vegas by yourself?
- Enter the Dragon’s Green – PlayStation Home’s Newest Full-Length Game — PlayStation Home adds yet another full-on gaming experience.
- DmC: Devil May Cry for PS3 Revealed in New Trailer — Capcom’s big reveal at TGS, this one has proved divisive among you readers. Some of you don’t seem to like a dark-haired, younger Dante, but personally I’m excited to see what Ninja Theory will do with the Devil May Cry universe.
- Sports Champions Week: Gladiator Duel — Here’s the move you need to master: headshot>launcher>air-hit combo>follow-up jump attack.
- Kevin Butler: “There’s a New Pet in Town” — Puppies: your days are numbered. Eyepet will *never* soil the carpet.
- Digital Comics Store Update — New Locke & Key, Sandman, and Silent Hill join a couple dozen new comics available for download.
- Blu-ray 3D Disc Playback Support Coming to PlayStation 3 System Next Week — If you own a PS3, you already own a 3D-enabled Blu-ray player. The functionality-enabling firmware update hits next week.
- Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection hits PS3 Spring 2011 with 3D — You demanded it; HD, 3D versions of these classics are mere months away!
- The Last Guardian Coming to PS3 Holiday 2011, Watch the New Trailer — See another tantalizing bit of Fumito Ueda’s upcoming opus; we’ll have an interview with him on the Blog next week.
- SingStar Dance Track List — La Roux’s “Bulletproof?” Yes, please.
- Sports Champions Week: Disc Golf — Someone asked if it’s impossible to get a hole-in-one (and the corresponding Trophy). I’m living proof, it can be done (twice)!
- ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Coming to the PS3 on October 5, Win a Limited Edition Statue — The team that brought you Heavenly Sword are starting to receive some excellent buzz on this game, which now has a release date.
- Gran Turismo 5 at Tokyo Game Show: Community Features, Legacy Tracks, Weather Effects, X1 Prototype — It’s real, and its spectacular.
- PlayStation Move Launches at Stores Across North America — It’s all been leading up to this: pick up your PlayStation Move this weekend!
- PlayStation Network Video Content Update — Download your free pilot episode of Outlaw today.
- Swords & Soldiers Coming Soon to PSN — Make sure to watch the trailer of this upcoming 2D RTS (what?), it looks like this could be a fun one.
- PSN-Exclusive Rock Band DLC Sale Next Week — We know you were looking for an excuse to download that REO Speedwagon/Styx Tour ’09 track pack. Your time is nigh.
- Sports Champions Week: Table Tennis — Learn how to fend off a robot attack with nothing but plastic balls and a paddle. Thank us later.
- TGS 2010: Tour the PlayStation Booth — Rey jams a few hundred shots of Tokyo Game Show into 90 seconds. We love this guy.
- Dead Space Extraction: Hands-on (and Limbs off) with PlayStation Move — Extraction is shaping up to be a hell of a bonus for PS3 owners. Don’t forget: it comes with your copy of the Dead Space 2 limited edition this January.
Courtesy of Jeremy Dunham
- Influence MAG: Should Domination Go “Faction-Neutral?” — Zipper’s next question could be the most controversial yet: Should the Domination game mode become faction-neutral?
- MAG 2.0 Coming Soon — Coming soon: PlayStation Move support, an increased level cap, a revamped Skill Tree, a brand-new in-game economy with “Supply Depot” and more.
Courtesy of Arne Meyer
- REMINDER: The Lab – Desert – 5 Shootout — All players spawn with only the powerful Desert – 5 pistol and one Mk-NDI grenade in this new episode of “The Lab.”