PS4-Watch_Dogs

Killzone 3 Helghast Edition: First Unboxing Video

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar + Posted by Rey Gutierrez on Feb 18, 2011 // Senior Social Media Specialist

Everyone knows that Killzone 3 slams onto the PS3 on February 22nd. But what of the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition? What of its mysteries? We decided to let a familiar face plunge in and reveal the contents. Remember: This is your last weekend to pre-order!

Inside the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition, you’ll find:

• Killzone 3 on Blu-ray Disc
  • Exclusive art book featuring imagery from the Killzone universe
  • Super Voucher, which provides:
    • Killzone 3 soundtrack and PS3 Dynamic Theme
    • Retro Map Pack featuring two of the most popular multiplayer maps from Killzone 2
    • Double XP for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay
    • Full access to all weapons and abilities during the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay
  • Authentic Helghast Helmet replica, which opens to reveal the art book, Super Voucher and Killzone 3 game.
  • Exclusive Cloaking Helghast Marksman action figure by DC Unlimited, which is 6.5” tall with multiple articulation points. It won’t be sold at retail!
  • Bonus video content giving you a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the game.

Killzone 3 Helghast Edition

The first batch of Killzone 3 Helghast Edition bundles will also include early access to the SOCOM 4 Multiplayer Beta.

As you might imagine, supplies are limited.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ ilikemonkeys on February 18th, 2011 at 3:54 pm said:

So lets say… you get a Helghast Edition that doesn’t have the Acton Figure in it… what would say… a retailer tell a customer?

+ Tyjer on February 18th, 2011 at 3:55 pm said:

i didn’t know Helgast were brits

+ SpyDudeFX on February 18th, 2011 at 3:55 pm said:

Rey is that the same dynamic theme as the one on slurpee site?

+ David Bull on February 18th, 2011 at 4:06 pm said:

No, it’s a dynamic theme exclusively created for the Helghast Edition.

+ G-Force08 on February 18th, 2011 at 3:56 pm said:

I reaaaaalllly wish I had won one of the Limited Helghast Editions from the beta. I just couldn’t play much because there were always errors with it.

Anyway, I pre-ordered my (regular) Helghast Edition a while back. I can’t wait until Tuesday! It looks great guys! I think I may end up getting all of these SCE Colletor’s Editions this year for the PS3. They all seem so good. I already got the LBP2 CE, the GT 5 CE (although that was last year), and the DCUO CE. Then next week my Killzone 3 Helghast, and I’m definitely getting the inFAMOUS 2 Hero Edition.

Well, you guys will leave me extra broke, but I’m sure it will be worth it!

+ Mooblar on February 18th, 2011 at 3:58 pm said:

I WANT!

+ yazter on February 18th, 2011 at 3:59 pm said:

Preordered. Looks awesomeeeeeee. Thank God for the lack of Valor trophies though, they were a pain. I mean yes, fun too, but once is more than enough.

+ bluefire132 on February 18th, 2011 at 3:59 pm said:

So, there is no way of getting an actually Helghast helmet? (that you can wear)

+ David Bull on February 18th, 2011 at 4:07 pm said:

Sorry. :-/

+ KazeEternal on February 18th, 2011 at 4:01 pm said:

Um I though tthe helghast edition also came with the Unlock Points on it’s voucher, was this incorrect?

+ David Bull on February 18th, 2011 at 4:15 pm said:

The Super Voucher includes:

Killzone 3 soundtrack
    PS3 dynamic theme
    Retro Pack: Reclaimed Territory
    Double XP for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay
    Full access to all weapons and abilities for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay
    Bonus video content giving you a behind-the-scenes look at the making of Killzone 3

There aren’t any unlock points on the Super Voucher but with so much content, you’ll rack up those points in no time!

+ DNAgent on February 18th, 2011 at 4:03 pm said:

Only 129.99 American credits!? SOLD!

Besides, I need this helmet to strike fear into the Spartan helmet that I have.

+ XxNo0b_H8rxX on February 18th, 2011 at 4:03 pm said:

@8 it’s correct. it’s inside the game case. but who cares about some voucher? This was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

+ DaRkS1LeNc3 on February 18th, 2011 at 4:05 pm said:

already preordered, and i plan on getting the infamous2 hero edition now that it was announced… i only want the backpack. the other stuff is a bonus. haha.

So when is the SOCOM 4 “NAVY SEAL edition” going to be announced? (if theres a SOCOM4 collectors edition, im probably going to get that too…)

+ kenny-1995 on February 18th, 2011 at 4:06 pm said:

I think i am gonna join the helgast now, killzone 4 should have 2 campaigns, one as isa and the other as Helgast.

+ Enforcer_X on February 18th, 2011 at 4:07 pm said:

Great video!
My Helghast edition has been pre-ordered since the very second I could.
Can’t wait!

+ Rey Gutierrez on February 18th, 2011 at 4:37 pm said:

Awesome! That’s why we produce these video! Give you a “unique” look.

+ STEREOSQUIRREL9 on February 18th, 2011 at 4:07 pm said:

KillZone3, Duke Nukem, and RAGE are top3 games I am gettin overall!

Why becuase- example: infamous 2, we dont know if they added any new features/gameplay improvements, it might be like Infamous1, but renamed…..Racing games are almost done, but racing games get old fast……shooters like black ops- I have had enough of black ops and call of duty games, COD games are the same, there just not that fun anymore!!!! Fighting games get old faster thn any other genre game there is!

+ Ramage on February 18th, 2011 at 4:08 pm said:

lolwtf did I just watch? Good video guys!

+ XxNo0b_H8rxX on February 18th, 2011 at 4:10 pm said:

@13… UNCHARTED 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Stoffinator on February 18th, 2011 at 4:11 pm said:

Will there be Killzone 3 dynamic themes for sale on PSN?

+ David Bull on February 18th, 2011 at 4:20 pm said:

Yes, there will be. But the dynamic theme on the Super Voucher is exclusive to the Helghast Edition.

+ XxNo0b_H8rxX on February 18th, 2011 at 4:11 pm said:

btw… would I be able to fit Killzone 2 and 3 inside the helmet instead of the artbook?

+ David Bull on February 18th, 2011 at 4:21 pm said:

Yes, you can fit two PS3 games inside the helmet.

+ Boss_Tycoon_ on February 18th, 2011 at 4:12 pm said:

Finally! I’ve been waiting to see that Helmet for months.

+ Revolutionary on February 18th, 2011 at 4:13 pm said:

That Helghast has got a bit of a belly there when he pulls out the helmet. ;) Take it easy on the Helghan Fried Chicken!

+ Sid Shuman on February 18th, 2011 at 4:33 pm said:

I’ll have you know that my physique is FORGED IN HELGHAN STEEL

+ SoAmped on February 18th, 2011 at 4:14 pm said:

I just laughed really hard!!! nicely put together guys :)

+ Rey Gutierrez on February 18th, 2011 at 4:39 pm said:

Next time, make sure you’re drinking a cup of milk on your 100th view.

+ Lara-Croft on February 18th, 2011 at 4:15 pm said:

My question is the…

*Double XP for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay
*Full access to all weapons and abilities during the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay

Is that only for those who buy the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition or is that for everyone who buys Killzone 3?

+ Inofensivo on February 18th, 2011 at 4:16 pm said:

Who is the actor , is funny

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 18th, 2011 at 4:27 pm said:

Sid Shuman was the David Prowse to my James Earl Jones. Does that make sense?

+ Destined_Chaos on February 18th, 2011 at 4:17 pm said:

The helghast edition is absolutely glorious!

+ twooh on February 18th, 2011 at 4:17 pm said:

It’s a ps3 with a game. Big deal. We really need a video for this? I could understand if it was a custom ps3, yet it’s a basic plain slim.

+ ForgiveMyAim on February 18th, 2011 at 4:17 pm said:

This guy is a disgrace to Helghan.

+ Link01 on February 18th, 2011 at 4:19 pm said:

I wish.. it’s just too much for the price..

+ ForgiveMyAim on February 18th, 2011 at 4:19 pm said:

Will where there be anyway for me to get the retro maps If I buy the normal edition?

+ David Bull on February 18th, 2011 at 4:24 pm said:

Yes, those will be available for purchase on the PlayStation Store the day of launch.

+ YouAreMistaken on February 18th, 2011 at 4:22 pm said:

Thanks for the video this will be my 1st CE i ever bought well worth it.

+ Dblcheezz on February 18th, 2011 at 4:23 pm said:

Did I just see his belly sticking out? :/

+ Xeno378 on February 18th, 2011 at 4:24 pm said:

I didn’t realize Jeff was a Helghan native. :D Great video, I especially enjoyed the classic television shopping network music. Can’t wait until Tuesday!

+ Rey Gutierrez on February 18th, 2011 at 4:40 pm said:

Star Wioe – Star Wipe – Star Wipe

+ zKAPOWz on February 18th, 2011 at 4:26 pm said:

why does it say “Killzone 3 on Blu-ray Disc” ? what else would it be on, a freakin DVD? smh

+ MoonShine on February 18th, 2011 at 4:26 pm said:

the first 24 hours… is that starting at 1201 am on tuesday and ending at 1159, or is it 24 hours from when i enter the code?

+ David Bull on February 18th, 2011 at 4:31 pm said:

That’s 24 hours from when you enter the code.

+ Seeing_Red_Again on February 18th, 2011 at 4:27 pm said:

Will we ever see Killzone 1 get the “PS2 HD Classics” treatment? Maybe release it on the PlayStation Store since its a single game?

+ VectorRaven on February 18th, 2011 at 4:28 pm said:

Beautiful. If only the marksman really cloaked. Ahh one can dream

+ spideyal on February 18th, 2011 at 4:30 pm said:

Oh man, I wish I could have gotten that version, but I simply don’t have enough money for it at the moment. Oh well, I’ll be fine with the regular version. But I’ll be sure to pick up the special edition for the next game you guys make. Promise.

Killzone 3 is only 4 days away! (3, if you don’t count today)

+ jqtaxpayer on February 18th, 2011 at 4:30 pm said:

Just pre-ordered today — Amazon gave me the Retro Map Pack for free, along with $20 to go towards my next purchase, which will, undoubtedly, be Yakuza 4.

+ SPOPS on February 18th, 2011 at 4:35 pm said:

Do we have a price for how much those retro maps will cost on the Playstation store?

+ SarshelYam on February 18th, 2011 at 4:36 pm said:

Excellent VO work Jeff…I almost didn’t recognize it was you…even with Sid in the costume.

+ Sid Shuman on February 18th, 2011 at 5:37 pm said:

You knew it was me from the rippling muscles, admit it

+ ARC_Stig on February 18th, 2011 at 4:37 pm said:

:) What is happening to the other 800 or so Limited Helgast Editions? You have only given away 120 or so with the two sweepstakes on the Beta. :) I want a lighted Helgast helmet!

+ David Bull on February 18th, 2011 at 4:47 pm said:

Info coming shortly!

+ CerealxKiller13 on February 18th, 2011 at 4:38 pm said:

kinda want this helghast edition, but I’ll still be happy with the game though which I’ve preordered. Can’t wait, 4 days away!

+ HebrewHammer on February 18th, 2011 at 4:39 pm said:

BEST… UNBOXING… EVER!!!
That sounds like Jeff under there lol
Anywho, I already got mine reserved! Cant wait for Tuesday, but yikes, what an expensive day! KZ3 for 129.99, The Playstation Move Sharpshooter for 39.99 and BulletStorm for 59.99! OMG! Damn you PlayStation!

+ KiLLaNoiZ_P on February 18th, 2011 at 4:39 pm said:

glad i pre-order this awhile back when i first heard of it..cant wait to play this and unbox my helghast edition =) oh and cant forget my all time favorite shooter reason why i started online multiplayer socom =)

+ KiLLaNoiZ_P on February 18th, 2011 at 4:40 pm said:

quick question do the eyes light up at all or glow in the dark??

+ David Bull on February 18th, 2011 at 4:48 pm said:

No, the eyes don’t light up.

+ KazeEternal on February 18th, 2011 at 4:40 pm said:

@ David Bull
I’m sure I’ll unlock things faster in 24 hours time, but 3 unlock points is better than none. That’s a 3rd tier weapon on a job I get to unlock on any job. I plan on unlocking everything and playing across every job. One of the things I miss about Killzone 2, it forced you to play all the jobs to unlock everything. Now it seems like I’m locked into master a single job for an extended period of time until I rank high enough to get everything.

Are the Dynamic Theme and other items on separate codes. I’d like to use the Dynamic Theme and Soundtracks ASAP, but would like to hold off on the Multiplayer till the end of the week.

+ David Bull on February 18th, 2011 at 4:51 pm said:

You can skip around with different career classes and still gain XP for your PSN ID. It’s not locked into one career.

As for the Super Voucher, all items are attached into one voucher code to make it easier to redeem. Can you imagine typing all those codes for each item on the voucher?! O_o

+ kc_chang on February 18th, 2011 at 4:41 pm said:

Dear Rey Gutierrez,

It is possible to have your pal Helghast at the Pulse Edition of February 22? *Note that “Sackboy” appeared in Pulse on LBP2 release.

Kevin Chang

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on February 18th, 2011 at 4:45 pm said:

How about you patch in online co op?

+ PhantomOfPanton on February 18th, 2011 at 4:46 pm said:

Awesome! I want a helghast helmet I can wear though! Game looks great either way, CE is a must have for Killzone fans :D

+ Jimmy_Cosmos on February 18th, 2011 at 4:47 pm said:

coulda done without the helgan pasty belly shot but whatever..

+ Carl-G on February 18th, 2011 at 4:47 pm said: