PS4-Watch_Dogs

Official PlayStation Blogcast Episode 006: PS Vita Goes Beyond

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Jan 05, 2012 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Subscription Links:

With PlayStation.Blog kingpin Jeff Rubenstein out on vacation this week, today marked the perfect opportunity for a long-awaited guest: IGN’s PlayStation Executive Editor and Podcast Beyond host Greg Miller! In today’s show, Greg shares his experiences with PS Vita, including his love affair with ModNation Racers: Road Trip, insights into PS Vita’s Trophy management, and key games to watch. As Podcast Beyond listeners already know, Greg’s a passionate guy and we had a blast discussing PS Vita and upcoming games in this lively episode.

Of course, as always, we also expose the exclusive first details for next week’s PSN game releases (that’s for Tuesday, January 10th), answer a flurry of new reader questions, name a new PSN Gem of the Week, and share a pair of new user tips. A strong episode, all in all, and an effective way to bring you out of your post-holiday slump.

As always, we encourage you to leave your feedback and questions in the comments here and rate us on iTunes. And while you’re at it, let us know your most-anticipated game of 2012!

Official PlayStation.Blogcast - Sid ShumanGreg Miller

Official PlayStation.Blogcast: Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Rey Gutierrez

The Cast

• Sid Shuman – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Specialist
  • Greg Miller – IGN’s PlayStation Executive Editor
  • Rey Gutierrez – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Specialist
  • Nick Suttner – PlayStation Sr. Product Evaluator
  • Thanks to Cory Schmitz for our beautiful logo and Dormilón for our rad theme song and show music. Special thanks to Astro Gaming headsets for providing audio gear.
  • [Editor’s note: PSN game release dates are subject to change without notice. Game details are gathered from press releases from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

PAGE 1 2

+ Gadbury on January 6th, 2012 at 9:30 am said:

Regarding the delete/re-download suggestion for games…

I thought I could only download a PSN title five times (which I heard recently changed to two) … ? Some of the older PSN games I bought have now been downloaded three times (I’m on my third PS3 – second one got changed as it was excessively noisey). What happens when I reach that limit?

+ krae_man on January 6th, 2012 at 9:33 am said:

@Gadbury

You can redownload an unlimited number of times. The limit is for system activations.

The old limit was 5(and is grandfathered for any content purchased before the change) and the new limit is 2.

+ DrApollo on January 6th, 2012 at 9:42 am said:

I’m trying to find out more info on Mecha Wars by Creat, and I cant find any info on there website. Also, people like the Hobbit not just because they liked it as kids. People like it because its a good story. I really enjoy the podcast and keep up the good work.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on January 8th, 2012 at 3:47 pm said:

We’ll have a blog post soon!

+ Gadbury on January 6th, 2012 at 10:15 am said:

@krae_man

Thanks for the reply. So the fact that I’ve had three PS3s, and I’ve upgraded my third PS3′s HDD, could mean I’ve only got one more download left? I assume a hard drive upgrade on the same system counts as a system activation?

+ Venom1976 on January 6th, 2012 at 10:19 am said:

I have a question you may or not be able to answer. Can we suggest Playstation 2 classics to be put on the store? If so i’d like to suggest Crash Bandicoot the wrath of cortex. It was really good and played in the style of Crash 3. The only issue I had with this game was the Loading times were horrendously terrible and maybe putting it on the store digitally would be able to fix that issue.

+ THACOLLECTA on January 6th, 2012 at 10:32 am said:

Unit 13 is simply another crappy version of socom 4. We want a real socom game.

+ krae_man on January 6th, 2012 at 10:35 am said:

@Gadbury,

I’m don’t think changing a hard drive counts as a system activation.

You can now Remote Deactivate systems on the Qriocity website. Go to

qriocity dot com,
    click on account,
    Media and Devices
    Then Click on Game and Select Deactivate All

You will then get all your licenses back and can then activate the PS3(s) you want on the systems themselves. You can only do the Remote Deactivation once every 6 months so only do it if you are very sure you want to.

+ XFRod on January 6th, 2012 at 11:13 am said:

Okay, beyond the idea that, I hate the fact The Tester is set up so, a physically disabled (ie; in a wheelchair) person doesn’t even have a chance to make the show, I still enjoy it. I’m looking forward to the upcoming season.. Give ‘em hell, Egoraptor!

During the run of the show on PSN, is there any way you guys could have the previous week’s eliminated contestant (so, as not to have any spoilers) on the show? Not for the whole thing, of course… But, maybe they could Skype in and give their two cents on what went on behind the scenes, etc. etc.

I think it would be pretty insightful and, a cool little addition to the blogcast. Maybe even bring the past season’s winners in to do a, “So, how’s the job going?” segment.

————————-

As for the Vita, I import several games a year. Big riichi (Japanese Mahjong) player and, have already grabbed my copy of Mahjong Fight Club. How about information or, just your opinions on some of the quirky games that you know will never see the light of day in the States.. ex: Monster Radar, Dream Club Zero, etc.

————————–

Great job, guys. Keep up the good work.

+ KILLO31 on January 6th, 2012 at 12:30 pm said:

BEYOND !

+ oycomics on January 6th, 2012 at 1:43 pm said:

I have a goal to collect/play every mainline Final Fantasy game, and for I & II I’ve had my eye on Final Fantasy Origins specifically.

So, I jumped a little when I heard Origins is finally coming to PSN. I’ve almost purchased a disc version off of eBay several times, but I was hoping to have a version I could Remote Play WHEN I get a Vita . . . er, when that functionality is added. :/

Another great show too! I usually list to the Blogcast and Beyond back-to-back, so you guys having Greg M. on was fun but confusing.

+ mikedo2007 on January 6th, 2012 at 3:10 pm said:

Just downloaded the blogcast, will listen to it later. First blogcast of 2012

+ Exalted_Knight on January 6th, 2012 at 5:39 pm said:

Imagine.. I hope in about alot of episodes down the line Y’all get to speak to people way up in PlayStation.. Like Mr. Scott Rhodes, Mr. Jack Tretton, and last but certainly not least Mr. Kaz Hirai.. I think Guest appearances is what will add a “Kapow” to the BlogCast! Thanks for reading!

+ DARKCLOUD1210 on January 6th, 2012 at 6:42 pm said:

im a little new to ps home ive been on for about 1 month i enjoy it but i think you ps should alow you to view the spaces befor purchase also we need more quests. but other wise i enjoy ps home keeps me busy.

+ DARKCLOUD1210 on January 6th, 2012 at 6:43 pm said:

i enjoy ps but think we should view the spaces befor purchase

+ solace357 on January 6th, 2012 at 8:10 pm said:

Please have Colin Moriarty as well! I love the Beyond dudes.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on January 8th, 2012 at 3:48 pm said:

I’d love to get Colin on!

+ BIAJUAN on January 7th, 2012 at 1:59 pm said:

Sweet.

+ Just4Fun1712 on January 7th, 2012 at 2:39 pm said:

the podcast’s are great i listen to em every other week

+ RidleysBox on January 7th, 2012 at 3:27 pm said:

@kiratachibana

I can’t agree with you more. They need to add multi-account support. If I get a vita, and have to pick between the US PSN Store and the JP PSN Store to lock the unit to, the US PSN store will not be the one I choose. %0% less money for Sony, as I buy from both places. Course, this will help me save some money.

+ RidleysBox on January 7th, 2012 at 3:27 pm said:

50% >.<

+ Heavenly_king on January 7th, 2012 at 8:56 pm said:

put a 4gb memory in the PSVITA box; and all the haters will stop hating XD

+ LVJ4RROD on January 8th, 2012 at 8:31 am said:

I love that Playstation is getting with the times and getting a podcast and iPhone app, but when will they allow us to change our gamer tag?

+ onslaughtree on January 8th, 2012 at 11:37 am said:

@68, 4 GIG’s is not enough. The PspGo has 16 Gig of internal memory. you cant go backwards. It does not make sence.

+ ItaChu on January 8th, 2012 at 2:12 pm said:

gamestop wants to charge 5 bucks extra for the 4gb/8gb vita memory cards >.>

+ C_Y_P_H_E_R on January 8th, 2012 at 5:20 pm said:

Gamestop needs to show more love to PS3. I’ve noticed the competition seems to be the highlight there. Real gamers know which is best.

+ repinthe252 on January 9th, 2012 at 11:15 am said:

I’ve never seen the data usage on 3G online gameplay. How much game time is 2GB data?!?!

+ repinthe252 on January 9th, 2012 at 1:10 pm said:

Blog answered my question. Sry for the reflex post.

+ mafia28 on January 9th, 2012 at 6:43 pm said:

Hey guys love the show. I got a question about PSN names, I know that in Japan they have the ability to change there PSN name at anytime, so i was just wondering if this is a feature that will ever be brought to the u.s. I know there are some of us who aren’t really satisfied with there psn ids so giving the option to change it would be really great

Thanks.

+ Richlando on January 9th, 2012 at 6:53 pm said:

@#75
    3G connectivity cannot be used for online gaming due to added latency.

Sid, whats the delay on Ico/SotC digital, its been available on the UK store. Why isnt LBP2 Full game on the US store yet? Where are the good full games, like SCEE has..and also why is Motorstorm Apocolypse $59.99 when it’s £19.99 on the UK store? If anything check out the selection the UK store has of PS3 full games, its waaaay ahead of the efforts of SCEA..Sports Champions/Toy Story 3? Really? What about BF3? Deus Ex? Crysis 2? Deadf Island? etc etc. Look at the selection, why is SCEA lagging so far behind on Full PS3 games?

This will fall on “skipping this post” eyes I’m sure but ANY explanation would be nice..maybe even touch on those “psp remastered” classics, or heck why not address why, after all these years, Crisis Core was never released digitally. Because as it looks now, SCEE seems to know what ppl want and gives it to them.

+ Miacosa on January 9th, 2012 at 6:58 pm said:

Will the North America PS Vita at launch have VALUE PACK bundles similar to the Hong Kong launch?

Such as:
    Each bundle comes with one solid launch title:
    Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2. Wrist Strap
    3. Playstation Vita case
    4. Game card case
    5. Cleaning cloth

Thanks for your Answer!

+ blindrocket on January 9th, 2012 at 7:13 pm said:

Hey, thanks for the excellent podcast.

Any chance we could get someone from Rockstar on the show? I’d love to hear them talk about AGENT, MAXPAYNE 3, GTA V, and anything else they can talk about.
    Also, see if you can twist their arm into giving us a Max Payne HD collection on PS3, and maybe even a Bully HD on PSN.

And a question about the Vita: Do the Vita Trophies sync with the PS3 Trophies? Like are they added to your master list? Sorry if that has already been answered.

Thanks!

+ knifin_around- on January 10th, 2012 at 3:18 am said:

Hey, whats up? I have a question. Will dead island be coming to North America psn store and if so, when? Thanks.

+ twistedfloyd on January 10th, 2012 at 12:18 pm said:

Can we get Jaffe on here to dish on all things Twisted in the next couple of weeks? Looking forward to listening to this, keep meaning to, I will!

+ Sephiroth61780 on January 10th, 2012 at 8:24 pm said:

Something thats been bothering me for a while now and I need to say it because the useless people at GameStop dont know Jack,Call Of Duty4 Modern Warfare.I used to have the terrible xbox360 yes I know right?well when I had it I had every single “ACHIEVMENT” for that game got the PS3 and also got the same exact game…heres one question why is that?I mean is it possible that The PS3 copied the 360 with the “TROPHIES”?I do care about that because it does make games more fun,and gives you the oportunity to brag BRAGGING RIGHTS in other words.
    so yeah can any one whos a psn exect explain this to me?HAZE is one of those games I wish had “TROPHIES” to it.I’m scared about wasting money on a used copy of ARMY OF TWO if it ends up not having well you know.so yes PLEASE explain.

PAGE 1 2