PS4-Watch_Dogs

Watch the Sony CES 2012 Press Conference Right Here

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Jan 09, 2012 // Sr. Social Media Manager

PlayStation @ CES 2011

One of the things that I like about working for PlayStation is that immediately following the holiday break, we’re right back into the action with the International Consumer Electronics Show. While CES isn’t a huge gaming show, there is always a gaming component – PlayStation Vita is our focus on the show floor this year. And since many gamers are technophiles, many of us have more than a passing interest in the tech on display at this mega-conference. For instance, I first laid eyes on the Bravia XBR HX929 HDTV at last year’s CES…and now I lay eyes on it every night as it hangs on my living room wall.

So with that in mind, we’re once again embedding the CES press conference are livestream right here for your viewing convenience. You’ll see the latest gadgets and tech from Sony Electronics, and you may even spot a celebrity or two. The event kicks off at 5:00pm Pacific/8:00pm Eastern; until then, there won’t be much to watch unless you enjoy gazing into inky blackness.

If you’re having trouble viewing the livestream, please click here. The show starts tonight at 5:00pm Pacific.

Directly after the press conference (around 6pm), the Sony Electronics team stream a live after-show Q&A with Sony Electronics’ president, and our own Kyle Shubel will demo PlayStation Vita live.

We’ll be updating the PlayStation.Blog throughout the week with the latest PlayStation Vita news coming out of CES, so don’t be a stranger to these parts. If you’d like more on the electronics side of the Consumer Electronics Show, click here to visit Sony CES blog.

71 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Jak23ft on January 9th, 2012 at 4:09 pm said:

Awesome! I was going to watch the live blog on IGN, but video’s better! I’ll leave a comment over there and bring them all over here! :D

+ Butters360 on January 9th, 2012 at 4:15 pm said:

Cannot wait! I want to see the new flagship BRAVIA. XBR or BUST!

+ Glaukon on January 9th, 2012 at 4:16 pm said:

I heard Jack Tretton has exclusive on his pockets just waiting to come out!!! will we hear from today today?

+ nitroz76 on January 9th, 2012 at 4:18 pm said:

hope there is a price cut for the vita or unlimited data for the vita!!!
its been disappointing soo far.

+ Carl-G on January 9th, 2012 at 4:18 pm said:

I LOVE SONY’s STUFF! ! ! :P :P :P

+ nitroz76 on January 9th, 2012 at 4:18 pm said:

and i own a vita allready….

+ AmericanNinja1 on January 9th, 2012 at 4:19 pm said:

Come on Jeff! you’re making me choose to watch the Sony Press Conference or the Bachelor. AHH!

+ androvsky on January 9th, 2012 at 4:20 pm said:

Thanks for livestreaming this, since it’s CES there’ll be plenty of juicy PS Suite news, right? :)

+ RSene on January 9th, 2012 at 4:20 pm said:

Which time is from UTC Brazil? Doe anyone know?

+ KIDamazin on January 9th, 2012 at 4:21 pm said:

Vita price cut perhaps? Probably not.

+ Clewis94 on January 9th, 2012 at 4:21 pm said:

dlb-network.com is doing a live video stream and live chat going to be watching it there the chat is a cool feature.

+ Darkness_X3 on January 9th, 2012 at 4:22 pm said:

Jack Tretton Is The Man!!! Will We See Him Here?? =D

+ ablockkid21 on January 9th, 2012 at 4:23 pm said:

Yeah, Sony just announce the release date for the ics upgrade for the sony tablet s and i be straight lol :)

+ Prviper22 on January 9th, 2012 at 4:25 pm said:

oh man cant wait for this

+ TwisDeaD on January 9th, 2012 at 4:25 pm said:

Any chance we could watch this using the Ustream featured within PlayStation Home on Loot’s EOD

+ SlaughteredNinja on January 9th, 2012 at 4:25 pm said:

Yay! I can stream this from my PS3!

+ Butters360 on January 9th, 2012 at 4:26 pm said:

Man, I’m so disappointed that Verizon won’t get EITHER the Xperia Ion nor the Xperia S.

+ DragonPaul_Z on January 9th, 2012 at 4:30 pm said:

Not playing in PSHome this year?

+ craz3eddie66 on January 9th, 2012 at 4:32 pm said:

After all that happened with the Xperia PLay in Verizon I doubt Verizon will get more SONY phones. What I am really hoping for is better promotion on the VITA because I do agree that there have been some disappointing qualities about it that has some to second guess purchasing (though I will still get my Wifi model come February).
Also more information on PLaystation Suite which is the main thing I am most looking forward to. Everything else will be a bonus. It’s SONY so yeah.

+ Fusion13 on January 9th, 2012 at 4:32 pm said:

I predict that Fusion13 will get a free PS Vita!

+ AWESOMEgamer875 on January 9th, 2012 at 4:34 pm said:

Getting pumped for this!!! Cant wait now that I can watch it on my new computer right here on the website!

+ D-Squad3 on January 9th, 2012 at 4:34 pm said:

Hey Jeff, just wanted to say thank you guys very much for doing for most live events on the PlayStation Blog! It’s a great way to allow fans to watch without the hassle of finding out where we can watch the conference.

+ ROSENKRANZ14 on January 9th, 2012 at 4:35 pm said:

Ummm i’m sure you get this a lot but is it true ps4 is coming out in 2013! also by the way theres a lot of fake pics on the internet …. people like to lie:(

+ ReDai316 on January 9th, 2012 at 4:37 pm said:

Nothing gaming related for PS3? Meh, not interested then.

+ TwinDad on January 9th, 2012 at 4:38 pm said:

I hope you got a great employee discount on the the TV Jeff.

I will have to watch on delay stream. I have a meeting to attend at 5pm.

+ siriusbee on January 9th, 2012 at 4:41 pm said:

Never been this excited for inky blackness before.

+ SlyCooperFan100 on January 9th, 2012 at 4:42 pm said:

@26 Dammit, you took my line!!

+ xCh0z3n-0n3x on January 9th, 2012 at 4:46 pm said:

Niiceee and here i was looking for live video coverage!

+ The_Trooper_669 on January 9th, 2012 at 4:49 pm said:

WE CES NOW (in 10 minutes anyway)

+ crimsononi on January 9th, 2012 at 4:53 pm said:

Jeff just a quick question, since I already finished Uncharted: Golden Abyss. Should I go for Ridge Racer or Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3? need something other than Welcome Park & Drake for the next couple of weeks till new games come out lol

+ Exalted_Knight on January 9th, 2012 at 4:55 pm said:

Its good to be apart of the PlayStation Nation! 2012 BEYOND!

+ MuffinMan on January 9th, 2012 at 4:59 pm said:

Thanks Jak23ft. I saw your comment on IGN and that’s why I ended up here.

+ lisatsunami on January 9th, 2012 at 5:00 pm said:

Hey Jeff: happy new year.

I saw you mention your new Bravia HX 929. I got that too & played some ICO & U3 on it in 3D. Absolutely beautiful, isn’t it? Both the set itself & how games look on it. I think the gorilla glass makes a huge difference. Motion flow 960 leaves everything else in the dust! Worth the price!

Will watch the press conference if it works on my iPADD.

+ Emadeowa on January 9th, 2012 at 5:01 pm said:

Question: Can we get a demo of them using the PS Vitas Remote Play, playing Infamous 1/2 or Something R&C or UC3???

+ Colon_Commando on January 9th, 2012 at 5:07 pm said:

I’m watching, but the audio sucks on this.

+ Colon_Commando on January 9th, 2012 at 5:17 pm said:

Whoever fixed it, thanks!

+ Lostsouldier83 on January 9th, 2012 at 5:17 pm said:

I dont like your avatar buters.

+ bjklol2 on January 9th, 2012 at 5:21 pm said:

i love how kaz says vita sold half a million vita units like its a good accomplishment.

+ Doc_Of_D on January 9th, 2012 at 5:29 pm said:

@38 – What’s not good about that? They sold their entire initial shipment. If they had had more I’m sure it would have been higher.

+ FJ1100_rider on January 9th, 2012 at 5:57 pm said:

nothing that great , the best thing about the whole press conference was the men in black 3 preview , otherwise just a buncj of new sony smart phones , cameras and a new super HD projector that nobody can afford that can play movies that are not sold in super HD yet from blu-ray players that can also play the new super HD format
nothing for the average consumer there , and some new camera models from Sony and speakers they want you to buy to replace the terrible ones they sold you a year ago ( terrible compared to the new ones anyway )

oh , and now norway and sweden get music unlimited , what about Canada ? we can’t even get it yet or even use the promised website to deacivate our ps3′s since it’s only U.S. so far , all you get is a message to deactivate it from the ps3 and if that was possible why have a website ?

+ ItaChu on January 9th, 2012 at 6:03 pm said:

wow only Netflix and Music Unlimited announcements for the PS Vita…. I was expecting more…. oh well

+ pabowler300 on January 9th, 2012 at 6:04 pm said:

nothing ps3 what so ever tsao dissapoionting

+ ItaChu on January 9th, 2012 at 6:06 pm said:

for costs over 400 bucks in japan 500,000+ units sold IS A BIG DEAL!! @38 …..thats a lot! you cant expect it to sell 2 million in 3 weeks when you have the 3DS at 169.99 ….and competing with a worldwide released thing when the vita is just in japan right now , so id say for the price it did pretty well…. obviously if it was 50 bucks less maybe it wouldve been even better

+ Firecrest on January 9th, 2012 at 6:06 pm said:

I love CES, because it allows us to take a glimpse into the future of technology. And by future, I mean at least 3 years, because that’s how long it takes for these things to become affordable.

+ MGS-SolidSnake65 on January 9th, 2012 at 6:06 pm said:

Sony is king, so proud to be part of the family. go sony! do your best! show your Power!!

+ CDollman on January 9th, 2012 at 6:07 pm said:

Very Good Show, Looking forward to the newest Gadgets & Media.

+ ItaChu on January 9th, 2012 at 6:09 pm said:

You guys should release Reader for the PS Vita and the Comics need to return for Vita as well

+ JimInPT on January 9th, 2012 at 6:10 pm said:

Man, that press conference was awful.

Couldn’t you have respected your audience more and just said “See you in June, folks!” at the beginning and save all of us a wasted hour of our lives?

+ Exalted_Knight on January 9th, 2012 at 6:15 pm said:

Nothing of that was wasted! I love the new cameras, the new tvs, hoping OLED is the successor to HD picture. 3D is in its own class in my opinion. PlayStation like Sony always has momentum on its side and they are always hitting their stride. They said themselves that the PlayStation 3 is an always connected device.. I wouldnt doubt they add a picture feature on both the Vita and PS3 that allows you to throw images to the PS3 via PSVita! I can hope right!? I give it a 8.5 overall as technology shows the beginning of the presentation the audio was horrible. Thanks for reading… I do have a question for The Blogteam to throw around.. Why not add a reader to the PS3? You know like reading stuff on your tv.. Even add it to the Vita.

+ Dr_Painkillah on January 9th, 2012 at 6:22 pm said:

…..ABOUT TIME YOU START TALKING ABOUT THE VITA!!!!
AAARRRGGHHH WAAAY TO LONG!!!!!!!!

PAGE 1 2