Uncharted 4

MLB 12 The Show First Look Trailer!

Eric Levine's Avatar + Posted by Eric Levine on Jan 25, 2012 // SCEA PR Manager

With football season about to wrap up, baseball season is slowly creeping back into the hearts and minds of sports fans. Now just six weeks away from the March 6th release of MLB 12 The Show, I’m psyched to show off our new First Look trailer. As you will see, it does a really nice job of highlighting some of the major improvements in this year’s game, including full PlayStation Move support (you’ll notice our cover athlete Adrian Gonzalez rocking the Move controller direct from our studio!), our TruBroadcast presentations (completely refined AI/cameras/audio truly blurring the lines between reality and our game), enhanced realism across the board (true ball physics and situational collision awareness—just to name a few), PlayStation Vita integration, new online features, and a whole lot more. You’ll notice towards the end that we teased a few future updates that we’ll be talking more about in the coming weeks, but more on that later. For now, here’s a look at our MLB 12 First Look Trailer:

Be sure to keep an eye on the PlayStation.Blog and TheShowNation.com for more information in the coming days and weeks on this year’s game.

Welcome to The Show!

+ KingofDreams5150 on January 25th, 2012 at 9:21 am said:

This is one of my most anticipated titles right now. I’ll be picking up both the PS3 and Vita versions on day 1.

+ Myke-Myke on January 25th, 2012 at 9:21 am said:

Very impressive.

Looks like MLB 12 is gonna be best sports game this year as well.

+ MarinoBrea on January 25th, 2012 at 9:21 am said:

Now that’s a game I would buy Move for, if it works great of course.

Eric Levine's Avatar

+ Eric Levine on January 25th, 2012 at 9:56 am said:

Thanks, we’re really exciting about MLB 12, the full Move functionality works great!

+ ATLRoAcH on January 25th, 2012 at 9:27 am said:

Can we get the rest of the MLB team avatars on the PS Store? There’s still about 10 teams missing. I’ve been asking about this for way too long now. I don’t understand why all the teams aren’t on the store. The Braves avatar isn’t on there but the rest of the NL East is.

+ Ftwrthtx on January 25th, 2012 at 9:33 am said:

I am so getti8ng this for both the PS3 and the Vita. Can’t wait!

Eric Levine's Avatar

+ Eric Levine on January 25th, 2012 at 9:57 am said:

Really appreciate your support, thanks guys!

+ Arjmand on January 25th, 2012 at 9:56 am said:

Easy the most authentic sports simulation game on the market. MLB the show always manages to hit it outta the park for me, pun intended

+ aro52 on January 25th, 2012 at 10:02 am said:

Since you can transfer game saves (I believe), there should be a bundle of the PS3 and Vita versions… Make me a deal Sony!

Someday, it would be sweet if all games were a “Universal” downloadable version, that could be played on PS3 or Vita! (i.e. iOS universal apps)

+ polo155 on January 25th, 2012 at 10:11 am said:

Sony Rocks and I’m deff getting this, want it for the Vita also.

+ dragonmagician on January 25th, 2012 at 10:55 am said:

@JoeyBats19 told me to look for “Big news coming next week” concerning the game; any idea what he was referring to? Hope it is something bigger than that he is in the game (like every other MLB player) :)

+ Reluctant-Hero on January 25th, 2012 at 11:05 am said:

I haven’t seriosly played a baseball titles since the original Bases Loaded on the NES. I tried MLB 09 The show briefly upon it’s release and was impressed, but never went back to it after. With that said, I think I’ll be getting the Vita version. I need a new sports game and I’ve been following the MLB seasons more and more over the past two years.

Eric Levine's Avatar

+ Eric Levine on January 25th, 2012 at 11:08 am said:

you should def give MLB 12 a try, you won’t be disappointed ;).

+ dragonmilenario on January 25th, 2012 at 11:55 am said:

An European fan here ;), congratulations guys, It will be the third game of the franchise I’ll import.

When you will give more details, screenshots or videos of the PS Vita version? Just seen almost anything yet.

Regards.

+ jimmyfoxhound on January 25th, 2012 at 11:56 am said:

Have the bugs and glitches been worked out of this new title? Is online smoother this year? It was pretty choppy last year and really turned me off on the game. Also I wish you’d address some very small things that just bug the crap out of me, are pitchers shown in the bullpen even when you’re batting? I’m a Cleveland fan and it drove me nuts, since I can see the home bullpen at Jacob’s Field when I am at bat, when the pitcher would go to pitch the players in the bullpen would disappear! I know it’s minor but that just bugged me! :)

+ Redikol on January 25th, 2012 at 12:24 pm said:

Looks sweet! Count me excited! I wasn’t able to get MLB The Show 11, but MLB The Show 10 was great! Is MLB The Show 12, a whole lot better, i’m sure it is, but i hope the PS Vita involvement isn’t hogging all the new features fame?

+ XFRod on January 25th, 2012 at 12:25 pm said:

#7 – Agreed. If companies want people to take advantage of the PS Vita’s ability to integrate with it’s PS3’s titles, they need to start releasing a “bundle” version. It just makes since. I mean, if developed well, the Vita version of a game could bring some really great additional features to a PS3 title that wouldn’t be possible any other way. As apposed to the fact, if you own a BluRay player, why do you need a DVD copy, too… And, BluRay/DVD combo packs are pretty much the norm, now.

Since this is just a first look video, I’m hopeful that they’ll make some sort of announcement about a deal for people that buy both, closer to release day.

Here’s an idea, how about if companies make their “collector’s” editions really worth the extra money by putting a PS Vita copy in with the art book and key chain.

+ Redikol on January 25th, 2012 at 12:27 pm said:

Also, i forgot to mention that i also hope the PS Move involvement isn’t another feature that is taking away from the other potential great features.

+ DemoniOtaku on January 25th, 2012 at 1:14 pm said:

Hi! i Own 2010, the 2011 was full of so great exclusive games on PS3 so I missed MLB the Show last year.. but tis year I’m getting it for Vita ^^

I really love this game, and here on Venezuela are a lot of players, BUT for this game be perfect only need Caribean Leagues, Caribean Series and Subtitles into spanish for Comments.. may be a Caribean Series standalone expansion like infamous: festival of Blood? Think about it, that would do a plus for the series on Latin America.

+ brolol07 on January 25th, 2012 at 1:25 pm said:

I am getting it for both my PS3 and for my Vita also. add me on PSN

+ avdavidw on January 25th, 2012 at 1:46 pm said:

This is one of two Vita games I have preordered.

Amazon is giving me a ship date for the end of March. Is the VITA version shipping the beginning of March or the end?

Would love to see a Vita/PS3 bundle of some sort.

Eric Levine's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on January 25th, 2012 at 2:16 pm said:

Cannot wait for either version. Stoked!

+ xRedxViolence on January 25th, 2012 at 4:18 pm said:

about to watch the trailer in a second but first i want to know when the roster cutoff date has been set at?

was hoping to see our recent acquisition Francisco Cordero on the roster upon release day with an up-to-date pic. in the new blue jays caps. (yeah i’am one of those guys who likes stuff like that give us a in game cap editor for player pics.)

and will my blue jays have their roster pics in the old caps or the new ones?

+ obama-chngweneed on January 25th, 2012 at 4:53 pm said:

please answer!

Sony/ San Diego studios will there be a PS3/vita version together for the price of one ps3 game or at least at a reduced price.
for example could you please include a download code in the case of the ps3 version, where we can type it into the playStation Store, and download it to the Vita, for free or significantly cheaper. like for no more than $15.

could you please tell us if you are planning any bundle?

+ INMATEofARKHAM on January 25th, 2012 at 5:09 pm said:

Not nearly enough Royals in the trailer but seeing Kauffman stadium during the home run derby is enough!

For now. ;-)

+ NeoMahi on January 25th, 2012 at 6:40 pm said:

Judah’s Priest that was a close one! Dude nearly got squirreled. He’s lucky that thing flew just below his junk! That would’ve totally ruined his season and you wouldn’t be seeing him in MLB 12: The Show. Close call, buddy!

+ jim488 on January 25th, 2012 at 7:36 pm said:

this has been my sons’ and my favorite sports game since its inception. we’ve longed to play season mode, together, with each using different teams. i hope this is finally included this year for local multiplayer. i don’t consider the mlb 2k series to be on the same level as mlb the show but the nba 2k series has really raised the bar for sports games this year. each year i vow to play a full season of mlb the show. i almost made it with mlb 11 the show. i DID make it through an 82-game season with nba 2k12’s “my player”… that’s how i measure a game’s success… how long a game KEEPS me interested. nba 2k12 got it right this year. most people don’t have the patience to play for years in the minors before making it to the show. even though i enjoy Road to the Show and minor league baseball (just wish blair county ballpark could be included for my altoona curve – since it has a roller coaster beyond the right field wall similar to the one u guys already have) it would be nice to have a mode where ur created player gets to the show a LITTLE faster. i know. i know. The Show is like chinese food. it’s great, but we always want more. :)

+ Nightshade869 on January 25th, 2012 at 11:44 pm said:

Can’t wait for this game!! Looks amazing and I am really looking forward to trying out the Move controls. Right now I only have the PS3 version, but depending on how much time I have I may grab the Vita one too. RTTS here I come!!

+ xeroxkid on January 26th, 2012 at 4:57 am said:

Yankees C.C. Sabathia dropped alot of weight so make sure the game stays true to form….Also I hope you guys gave the announcers more to say,especially Eric Karros who was rather bland in MLB11.I miss Rex Hudler…

+ Rocstarr on January 26th, 2012 at 7:22 am said:

so exciting!

+ kenkilla41c on January 26th, 2012 at 2:32 pm said:

I never played a baseball game on my ps3 until i tried mlb the show 11 and loved it, never thought a baseball game would be so much fun. My question, will you be able to play the enite game and road to the show with the move system or will it be just the home run derby, as it was in 11

+ cdanielsinc on January 26th, 2012 at 3:51 pm said:

loks great really need the combo pack tho….

+ willie176 on January 26th, 2012 at 4:53 pm said:

looks very good. but i would love for mlb12 the show to do me a biiiig favor ! the xp points online should be like mlb10 the show. in other words – if you loose a game you should loose xp, and if you win you get more xp. i dont like the mlb11the show xp points system ! even if you loose you still get points. it shouldn’t be like that. i seen people in mbl11 the show with 50/50 records and with more xp than me just because they played more games ! thats not right ! i really hope they change that just like mlb10 had it online ! thankz !

+ guillaumecribier on January 27th, 2012 at 1:21 am said:

great

+ pcdcpa on January 28th, 2012 at 7:12 am said:

Although I am looking forward to this game, there are some concerns. I have MLB 08 or 09 the show for the Wii and it is really confusing. Is this game going to be similar because I don’t want to be disappointed.

+ duncan1723 on February 3rd, 2012 at 3:42 pm said:

i love the game the show has been the game i play the most (by far) since 06 but with that said its time to change the commentary its been the same for yrs just new lines here in there it needs to be completly changed new announcers and new calls and commentary all around im tired of hearing the same stuff over and over, but the game itself is awesome i love it great job and i cant wait for 2012 version to get here march 6 ill be at walmart at midnight just to buy the game

+ Neckron7 on February 7th, 2012 at 5:32 pm said:

Of all players why Adrian Gonzalez on the cover? Joe 2 times (Twins get it). Why not Albert or Prince, Adrian aint the only First basemen out there. No offense to Adrian.

+ bink1776 on February 10th, 2012 at 6:33 pm said:

looks like a must have. is it going to have the new scoreboard and party deck in right field at Wrigley Field?