LittleBigPlanet 3

Escape Plan: Lil & Laarg Greet the World

Chris Millar's Avatar + Posted by Chris Millar on Feb 22, 2012 // CEO, Fun Bits Interactive

It’s a fantastic day for Fun Bits Interactive and our good friends at SCEA Santa Monica Studio as we celebrate the official launch of PS Vita with a brand-new launch trailer for Escape Plan. Check it out below!

We also want to take this opportunity to thank all the lucky people who grabbed the game last week for the pre-order bundle release on Feb 14th. So far, the response has been fantastic and we really appreciate your support for the game!

EscapePlan_ShockingBallsEnter

Exclusive to the powerful and touch-tastic PS Vita, gamers can interact and experience the irreverent dark humor of Escape Plan with tactile swipes, slaps, pokes and reach-around taps. Part of the fun of Escape Plan is taking a moment to figure out all the new ways to interact with the game, as well as exploring the new interfaces of PS Vita’s hardware…all without splatting our hapless heroes all over the place. Never before have players been able to reach into a game from the front and back of a mobile device like this, and have it feel totally intuitive, natural and establish a real connection with the characters.

Right from the start you can tap characters to get their attention, give them a little slap to get them moving, manipulate dangerous hazards back and forth in the world, glide your hand along the back of PS Vita and see your finger leave a ghost trail in the air. Use carefully placed knocks to distract minions, herd and poke sheep around as unwilling little test subjects, and orchestrate all of your carefully placed gestures to guide Lil and Laarg through the bizarre labyrinth of twisted puzzles rooms.

EscapePlan_BubbleAndSqueakExit

Our eager excitement to get Escape Plan in your hands is peaking, so grab your PS Vita, hurry to the PSN, download the game, pop your headphones on (we truly love the music and sound effects) and help Lil and Laarg escape…or die trying.

Escape Plan is available now on PSN for $14.99. Let us know what you think!

+ DZORMAGEN on February 22nd, 2012 at 7:07 am said:

Have already bought the game, just waiting to pick up system (today)! This is the support I have for this company!

Chris Millar's Avatar

+ Chris Millar on February 23rd, 2012 at 11:16 am said:

@DZORMAGEN That is fantastic. As a small team of developers in Seattle, we truly appreciate this kind of support for the game. We’re also going to be taking as much fan feedback as possible into account for any future updates!

+ dimy93 on February 22nd, 2012 at 7:10 am said:

The game is awsome – I ‘m waiting for my preorder Vita on 1st to get my hands on it .

+ Balargon on February 22nd, 2012 at 7:10 am said:

I’ll get my Vita until first week of April and LOVE this game. It is going to be a loonnngg month. =(

+ armando_is_great on February 22nd, 2012 at 7:18 am said:

If this Vita content is to blame for the absence of the U3 maps, that’s just ridiculous. We’ve been duped…

+ NemmO_Uk on February 22nd, 2012 at 7:27 am said:

Anybody going to answer the questions from PlayStation Store Update Post? WHERE IS THE UNCHARTED 3 DLC???

+ D-Squad3 on February 22nd, 2012 at 7:42 am said:

Should be physical too, or $9.99.

+ ck2875 on February 22nd, 2012 at 7:49 am said:

Why doesn’t this get same the Platinum trophy treatment that ‘Plants vs. Zombies’ does at the same price point?

Chris Millar's Avatar

+ Chris Millar on February 23rd, 2012 at 11:20 am said:

The trophies are based on a point system. Since we had a lot of different goals we wanted people to achieve, we opted to have more trophies overall, instead of just a few high-value ones.

+ snakeeyes211 on February 22nd, 2012 at 7:49 am said:

I want to know what’s the free game from AT&T for activate my account?

+ SquareSide on February 22nd, 2012 at 7:54 am said:

Where’s my Uncharted 3 Map Pack #2?!

+ ck2875 on February 22nd, 2012 at 8:01 am said:

@8, Free game is Super StarDust Delta (+ DLC I think). It was mentioned in the Live Stream Vita Event a week or so ago.

+ EvRy1nVzZ on February 22nd, 2012 at 8:28 am said:

I love this game and i believe $15 was worth it for this.

I am however dissapointed that Plants Vs Zombies cost that much because its not a good look for people who owns it on devices for cheaper.

The game is amazing. Plus I saw in the game there’s a chance for weekly challenges. I would even go as far to buy DLC.

+ dabug77 on February 22nd, 2012 at 8:47 am said:

got this game last week when i got the prelaunch day bundle. already half way through it. absolutely fantastic game. little deviants is a pretty good game as well. so far, digging the Vita.

+ lisatsunami on February 22nd, 2012 at 9:30 am said:

@Chris, ask me again tomorrow since Amazon hasn’t delivered yet. But I already have this game on my PS3, ready to transfer.

Chris Millar's Avatar

+ Chris Millar on February 23rd, 2012 at 11:21 am said:

Have you had a chance to play? Who is your favorite, Lil or Laarg?

+ dirtyd89 on February 22nd, 2012 at 10:51 am said:

One of the many games I want to get on PS Vita.
:O

+ Boxster17 on February 22nd, 2012 at 12:52 pm said:

Highly recommend this game for people who enjoy these sorts of puzzle games. While the controls may be a bit finicky at times overall it’s a highly enjoyable experience. It’s trial and error but due to the shortness of the rooms it’s not at all punishing and many of the deaths can be quite entertaining. Well worth the 15 bucks I paid and probably one of my favorite launch titles.

+ MushThePainter on February 22nd, 2012 at 2:01 pm said:

i would love to give this game a reach around tap!

+ luvtoseek on February 22nd, 2012 at 7:59 pm said:

Fantastic game. Would love some DLC w/ more levels or *fingers crossed* a level editor?

+ jazzyrider on February 22nd, 2012 at 10:30 pm said:

That trailer is so awesome! Love the music and comedy. I just hope the game is worth it. Sort of reminds of the game on the other platform called Limbo only this one is funny. The graphics and puzzle game play is what I like about these types of games.

+ Asif_wani96 on February 23rd, 2012 at 2:39 am said:

awesomee game…….i’m looking forward to it…..(though i dont hav a vita)

+ Curtisio on February 23rd, 2012 at 9:46 am said:

I downloaded this game yesterday – sorry for the late comment.

I love this game so far! I can’t wait for this weekend so I can have more time.

+ mcbuttz78 on February 23rd, 2012 at 12:57 pm said:

This is a very well game.. I give you guys that much.. You aim for quality and fun.. which is what gaming is about..I enjoyed my experience minutes with the game very new and refreshing..

also @8 sony out some new game up. just dl them,, even if dont have ps vita downlaod them and when the day you to buy a vita you have few games to play

But back on topic.. You guys are very and innovative Fun bits interactive.

mcbuttz78
vp-psn legioniarre group

+ massimodo on February 23rd, 2012 at 1:52 pm said:

To make a black and white game on a killer oled display with deep color saturation takes brass balls. Gotta tip my hat to the developers. Love the humor, controls can be finicky, but if the control system was traditional, you’d be breezing thru the game in no time. Production values overall are stunningly high for a download title.

Chris Millar's Avatar

+ Chris Millar on February 23rd, 2012 at 2:27 pm said:

@Massimodo We hear your feedback on the controls feeling finicky, especially in some of the more challenging levels. We will be looking into ways to improve upon the existing controls in a future patch.

+ duke301 on February 23rd, 2012 at 2:54 pm said:

This is a truly fantastic game. Since I received my Vita, one thing I am having trouble getting used to is the touch screen controls. To me, it was actually like Escape Plan got me a little more acclimated to the controls. That is why I would recommend getting used to this before trying Little Deviants. I am not one to buy PSN games for $15, as they will always go on sale at some point, but in my opinion, this was well worth the money. I hope you guys will release additional levels as DLC, because I will be buying. If they are more challenging, then all the better.

+ SaggerSkater on February 24th, 2012 at 3:08 am said:

Why a 72 hour wait to get a code for a lousy 5 dollars off from the time we buy the Vita and type in a code and check mails and check again and again? I would have preferred a more expencive Vita with less promo crap thrown at us.

+ BigPoppaChunk on February 24th, 2012 at 5:39 am said:

WHY no DEMO !!!!!!!!

+ BigPoppaChunk on February 24th, 2012 at 5:41 am said:

WE ALL like DEMO’S because of demo’s i will now be buying unit 13 day one and before the demo i was not going to buy it at all!!!

+ Shinigami_Death_ on February 24th, 2012 at 7:17 am said:

this game looks great. iv already decided to get this game when i get my vita (^_^)

+ lisatsunami on February 25th, 2012 at 2:13 pm said:

@Chris, if you’re still checking this after it’s fallen off the radar, I’ve payed the first 5 or 6 levels & I love it. The perfect game for a handheld, fun, short levels that you can play over to improve your score & I appreciate that you allow people to skip a level after dying a few times. I haven’t skipped yet but as the game gets harder, who knows? I rated this a 5 on the store.