PS4-Infamous

Download YouTube for PS Vita Today

Don Mesa's Avatar + Posted by Don Mesa on Jun 26, 2012 // Director, Product Planning & Platform Software Innovation, SCEA

YouTube for PS Vita

Hi everyone! Recently, we announced that YouTube would be coming to PS Vita. It’s the latest application to be added to PS Vita’s growing portfolio of applications and one that takes full advantage of PS Vita’s high-definition and 3G capabilities. Starting later today, the YouTube application will be available as a free download via the PS Vita Store on PSN.

With the YouTube application on PS Vita, you can watch millions of YouTube videos on PS Vita’s stunning 5” OLED screen. And with 3G, you can watch your favorite content – from comedy to gaming tips to viral videos – while you’re at home or on-the-go. The application itself is straightforward and easy to use. Key features include:

• Recommended Videos: Displays videos recommended from YouTube
  • Search: Search for videos by typing a keyword
  • Viewing History : Displays the most recent videos you’ve viewed
  • Add to Favorites: Displays a list of videos you’ve added to your Favorites list. You must be signed into your account to add a video to your Favorites.

YouTube for PS Vita

Videos will be viewable in two modes – full screen and small screen. In Full Screen mode, a control panel will be displayed on the screen, which will allow you to easily expand or minimize videos. Additionally, an HD button will appear when playing high definition (up to 720p) videos. Simply tap on the HD button to switch from HD to SD.

YouTube for PS Vita

In Small Screen mode, you’ll be able to view a video, while having access to the Like or Dislike buttons, Suggested Videos, Comments and Information.

PS Vita was designed to deliver the best high-resolution portable entertainment experience possible. We’re very excited to be able to offer the content and applications that are compelling to you, and we looking forward to bringing you more as we move further into 2012.

How will you use YouTube on your PS Vita? Let us know in the comments!

Youtube’s Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Community Guideline will apply when using this application. These terms can be viewed on Youtube’s website or from “Option” > “Settings” > “Terms and Privacy Policy” in the application.

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6

+ Sevyne on June 27th, 2012 at 7:36 pm said:

It also tries to provide videos to your taste with your browsing history. Sorry for the double post. Forgot to add that.

+ triplet79 on June 27th, 2012 at 7:50 pm said:

Thanks for YouTube. Like the Netflix App, things, especially animated things look amazing on that screen.

One suggestion, Gaming + Videos = Twitch.tv.

Don Mesa's Avatar

+ Don Mesa on June 27th, 2012 at 11:36 pm said:

Great suggestion. Will check it out.

+ DragonsProtector on June 27th, 2012 at 8:16 pm said:

Post Pt. 1

I have been watching what people have been saying good and bad about the “youtube” app. Well, I figured I would give my input and see if I could help people out a bit. I have been playing with the app for several hours in combo with my laptop and this is what I have figured out.

Your “Youtube Account:
Make a “youtube” account if you do not already have one…it is important to continue on from here.
Registering PS Vita Youtube App:
Open the app, and then hit the bottom right bubble for options.
Now touch settings and next window simple touch “Sign In”
Now touch “Go to the Youtube Website”
Now sign in with the account you wish to register with your PS Vita and have boxed check to “stay signed in”.
Now simply touch “Allow access” and it will take you back to the black window in settings again.
Now don’t close it just yet.

Using Youtube on the PS Vita:
Now touch “Terms and Privacy Policy”
Now stretch the window to see better, and touch on “My Account” and touch “Yes” when asked about being redirected to another page.
Again, stretch window to better see and now you can see all your account info, including link to your “My Subscriptions”.

+ DragonsProtector on June 27th, 2012 at 8:17 pm said:

Post Pt. 2

Searching Youtube Channels:

Now for those wating to see people’s channels…..move up to the very top of the page.
Use the “Search” box just above “My Account” to search for the specific channel you are looking for.
When you see a video from the channel you are searching for, touch on it.
Again, make window easier to see and you will see the link to the channel you searched next to the video icon, and touch on it to go there.
*You will NOT be able to view video from here.*
Now that you are at the channel you searched for you can Subscribe/Unsubscribe on the right hand side of your screen.
Repeat and rinse for any other channel you are looking for. When you are finished, you can then touch on the “X” on the very top grey area.
Now touch on “X” on the setting area, and touch the “Star” on the bottom a couple of times to refresh.
Now recommendations from your new setup will appear.

I hope this helps some of those having few problems with the new PS Vita “Youtube” app.

Sorry for two posts….its the character count limit for posts :(

Enjoy!!
DragonsProtector

+ LordDust on June 27th, 2012 at 8:56 pm said:

This youtube app is better then the ps3 web one they need to make a ps3 downloadable app just like this one for the ps3

+ Sevyne on June 27th, 2012 at 9:31 pm said:

@DragonsProtector Excellent posts on subbing through the Vita. That is quite tedious, but it’s a workaround until the app gets some updates. I’m sure many will find that very helpful.

+ tromendrin on June 28th, 2012 at 12:14 am said:

Is there gonna be a external port memory card and watch shows on internet?

+ kune77 on June 28th, 2012 at 12:15 am said:

i think the vita youtube app is great but i would love to access my playlist rather then just my favorites but other then that i like it

+ tromendrin on June 28th, 2012 at 1:26 am said:

I mean memory stick!!!

+ motieman on June 28th, 2012 at 1:29 am said:

hey its the 28th now in aus when do we get youtube?

+ Jargonfox on June 28th, 2012 at 5:08 am said:

I’m in Europe, Finland, and still can’t download Youtube for my vita :(

I mean, I’m guessing it’ll appear in PS Store like any other apps? Well, I checked newest section, vita section, and social whatever section, but STILL can’t find Youtube there.

+ PatrykSWATA on June 28th, 2012 at 7:04 am said:

awesome, if you could only make an update so we can see the top comments, and also be able to go on a channel it’d make it perfect

+ Karkkilapio on June 28th, 2012 at 7:18 am said:

Still waiting in Finland i thought it would be released today?.or its becouse of the different time region?

+ disasterhead on June 28th, 2012 at 7:29 am said:

@Karkkilapio

Still waiting in Indonesia too..
the app’s already released in Singapore though.

+ Karkkilapio on June 28th, 2012 at 7:40 am said:

@disasterhead
So..we are not alone in Finland :D

+ Retrobailey on June 28th, 2012 at 9:07 am said:

why aint it on the psn store in eu?

+ xbass247 on June 28th, 2012 at 12:06 pm said:

would,like too thank sony for utube app ,good work!..

+ Saint_Reaper666 on June 28th, 2012 at 1:06 pm said:

It’s a great app, but I don’t see any option to manage your own videos. Am I missing something or is it impossible to manage your videos on the app?

+ Karkkilapio on June 28th, 2012 at 1:47 pm said:

Have been waiting for whole day and still not any sing of youtube’s release at Finland or European regions is it even going to be released at European regions.im kinda worried now :(

+ ryanthegladius on June 28th, 2012 at 3:54 pm said:

Great! I love to see the sony team actually responding to our comments.
Here is what I would like to see:

* Option to disable search history so whatever we search doesnt get recorded on the search thingy
* VEVO support so we can watch music videos
* Page support so we can subscribe/addfriends/etc.

Thanks Sony!

+ D4rkH4X0ReR on June 28th, 2012 at 8:15 pm said:

I love it.

It’s better and even looks better than using Youtube on my iPod Touch, mainly since you can watch all videos you normally would on the site while some videos aren’t available at all on the iTouch.

+ X_Battleaxe_X on June 29th, 2012 at 1:17 am said:

Hmm…Waiting on Youtube…when will it be on PSN in Europe…i thought release day was 26th ?

+ Jargonfox on June 29th, 2012 at 2:18 am said:

29th already.. come ooon ;___;
Why isn’t Don Mesa replying to us anyway?

+ ZiZoBeSo-fatoohi on June 29th, 2012 at 5:19 am said:

Just in US not in EU,When will it be in EU ?

+ JRSincProduction on June 29th, 2012 at 10:25 am said:

Hey I Know this will be hard for sony workers is there a wa to get Valve’s Game on vita Like Team fortress 2?
plz reply

+ richiecruz95 on June 29th, 2012 at 10:34 am said:

I can’t watch Music Videos from Vevo. I look for the video I want to watch but it doesn’t come out. :/
I even tried to favorite a video but it doesn’t come out on favorites.

+ Kazumatr on June 29th, 2012 at 10:44 am said:

WHERE IS THE YOUTUBE APP TURKEY SONY NETWORK ENTERTAİNMENT ???

+ DevilMayBeHigh on June 29th, 2012 at 1:35 pm said:

well i have tried it, and i have some suggestions on how you can make it epic :) ( i may seem very demanding or bossy, it’s not on purpose ;) sony if you watch this comment please respond!………… i did it again…..)

1: we can’t view channels, make that a possibility.
2: when i’m searching, i want some suggestions. (not that important)
3: make some advanced searching, like videos from today or this week ect.
4: in many videos, there are links in the “information” box, i wan’t to click on them….

or just html5/flash lol !!

+ disasterhead on June 29th, 2012 at 1:40 pm said:

june’s almost over. still waiting for the application release in indonesia.

+ stanleyhuy on June 30th, 2012 at 12:24 am said:

i still cant find it on PS Store, does this problem is a cause of being under 18? if it is i have to say im totally pissed off, i spent hours at part time job and saved enough money to buy the vita. If i can afford a vita myself i am supposed to use all the function that a vita can offer. However just because of being so honest when signing up PS account that I made my home-stay mother as master account, im using sub account and just by doing some researches couple days ago I found out that Im gonna be stick to this account forever nevertheless Im turning to 18 this October. That means i have to make a master account once I get 18 to use all the functions but by doing that im gonna loose all of my trophies and game that I legally purchased. This problem has been stuck on my head for the whole week, it is totally frustrating. Please consider to make an option that a Master account can promote a Sub account to a Master account once they turn 18. I will definitely move out when im turn out 18 and I dont want to stick with my homestay mom anymore.

Sorry for bad english.

+ stanleyhuy on June 30th, 2012 at 12:26 am said:

im living in Australia at the moment btw

+ Kiru2205 on June 30th, 2012 at 12:53 am said:

I think that youtube on ps vita is brilliant. Thanx for the app. Ps vita was made for more than just gaming.

+ fronteye on July 1st, 2012 at 6:50 am said:

still not in my ps store

+ Dangeel-Es on July 1st, 2012 at 10:06 am said:

Still no youtube app for Finland….

+ SamUeL27M on July 1st, 2012 at 11:05 am said:

When this application going to come to Europe ?
I tried the app in my USA acount , but when i restart the ps vita and i put my portuguese acount doesn’t work.
Why SONY ? Why ?

+ Alexander49X on July 1st, 2012 at 3:07 pm said:

videos by vevo can be viewed on youtube 4 vita???

+ fredandbarney58 on July 2nd, 2012 at 7:33 pm said:

is this on wi-fi version?!? it said you can use your 3G abilities for some stuff and i was wandering about getting the app

+ Emboar00Vita on July 3rd, 2012 at 3:12 am said:

It’s not yet in the PS Store in my Vita :P

+ rummer007 on July 3rd, 2012 at 7:37 am said:

Awesome now all i want is a vita note app with its own look

+ rummer007 on July 3rd, 2012 at 7:38 am said:

lock not look so
rry

+ Battle_Cleric_99 on July 3rd, 2012 at 8:44 pm said:

Proper tablet-ish apps like Netflix, Skype, and now Youtube almost have pushed me to the edge for purchasing a Vita and taking the plunge of making the Vita my primary mobile device.

The browser issues notwithstanding, the apps MIA are:

a) A Mail App like the smartphones/tablets have that auto-let you know if hotmail, gmail, school/work accounts receive something as well as making it easy to check them.

b) A Comixology app so that I can easily access my library of digital comics.

c) Website based apps if the browser can’t get to butter smooth.

Don’t be afraid of apps, gamers want functionality of tablets/phones on an awesome gaming machine like the Vita. If Sony gets the PS3->Vita remote play right for disc games there is going to be a shortage of Vitas on the market (Wii style) as long as the apps are well rounded.

+ danuzecc on July 4th, 2012 at 2:30 pm said:

I wonder why there isn’t YouTube-app in the store when I’ve been searching for it 1½ week to show up to PSN Store. What might be the problem? Does my location in Europe explain that why I can’t find the app?

+ H3ll_Mad3 on July 4th, 2012 at 2:54 pm said:

Why no VEVO videos on youtube app? youtube app awesome but plss add the vevo stuffs.. =)

+ theniss1234 on July 4th, 2012 at 4:44 pm said:

a week and a half after realise it has not come to Denmark ‘-.-

+ Merc-SLS-Man on July 5th, 2012 at 12:35 pm said:

but cool

+ Merc-SLS-Man on July 5th, 2012 at 12:35 pm said:

why can i not get it on my sub-account

+ Merc-SLS-Man on July 5th, 2012 at 12:44 pm said:

oh and i can’t get facebook,skype or flicker on my SUB-ACCOUNT

+ Merc-SLS-Man on July 5th, 2012 at 12:54 pm said:

went on social is music unlimited and foursquare

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6