Uncharted 4

The PlayStation Recap — Sound Shapes Edition

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Aug 04, 2012 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Tuesday is a big day for fans of Everyday Shooter with the long-awaited PSN release of Queasy Games’ PS Vita and PS3 musical platformer Sound Shapes. I’ve watched this game evolve by leaps and bounds in the last year, from its first public showing last July through the participation of artists deadmau5, Superbrothers, Jim Guthrie, and Beck. Even though I’m not much of a musician, I’m dying to get my hands on Sound Shapes’ extensive level editor and try out the challenging Trophy Mode.

This week also saw the announcement of the highly amusing PSN party game Lights Camera Party! and the PAYDAY: The Heist Wolfpack DLC; the PSN launch of The Expendables 2: The Video Game, Escape Plan’s new DLC Underground, and the first wave of Disney Princess costumes for LittleBigPlanet; a look at Papo & Yo’s realistic graffiti and Darksiders II’s cast of creatures; and the Trophy list for Metal Gear Solid 4′s long-awaited Trophy update.

What are you playing this weekend?

The PlayStation Recap

Most-Watched Video of the Week: Sound Shapes Level Editor

The 10 Most-Viewed Posts of the Week

• Help Come Up With a New DualShock 3 Design – Browse the most popular submissions so far here. Submit your votes and ideas before August 15th!
  • PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Public Beta This Fall – SuperBot shares first details on the upcoming public beta, coming to PS3 later this fall.
  • Get The Walking Dead Episodes 1 and 2 Free With PlayStation Plus – This is an absolute steal for Plus members, so take advantage while you can!
  • Crunchyroll App Out Now on PS3, Brings Anime and Asian Drama To Your TV – A new way to watch anime on your PS3. If you’ve tried out Crunchyroll, speak up in the comments!
  • War of the Monsters Hits PSN Tomorrow, Development Retrospective – LightBox Interactive President Dylan Jobe shares rare concept art from this cult classic PS2 brawler.
  • Sony make.believe Puts One UNCHARTED Fan in Nathan Drake’s Boots – Jeremy “Spyder” Gallant earns every gamer’s secret wish: digital immortality.
  • The Monsters of God of War: Ascension – The Elephantaur – Learn the origins of this predatory pachyderm with early concept art and insight from the character designer.
  • Sound Shapes Preorder, Level Editor and Trophy Mode Detailed – Reminder: Come Tuesday, PS Plus members can get Sound Shapes for $11.99 for both PS Vita and PS3. But only for a limited time!
  • LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Launching September 25th in North America – Finally. I’ve been dying to get my hands on this bad (Sack)boy!
  • Blueprint: Home Arrives in PlayStation Home – Customize your PlayStation Home personal spaces with Blueprint: Home.
  • //Add Your Own

17 Comments

+ sugarfree98USA on August 4th, 2012 at 3:44 pm said:

LOL

+ aloafrica on August 4th, 2012 at 3:52 pm said:

I’m playing: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Heroes of Might and Magic 6 (PC), Borderlands
    I’m watching: Sound Shapes Level Editor, Game Grumps
    I’m reading: Playstation Blog (obviously)
    I”m listening to: not much really.

I’m with you for Sound Shapes. I’m so excited, Tuesday cannot get here fast enough. And the trophy list for MGS4 might make me re-purchase the game. Have a good weekend. :D

+ supermoc10 on August 4th, 2012 at 4:13 pm said:

I’m playing: Nothing on PS3 (Waiting for Darksiders II), God of War: Ghost of Sparta, Gravity Rush DLC (PS Vita), Dragon’s Dogma and Transformers: War For Cybertron (Xbox 360)
    I’m watching: The Olympics
    I’m reading: PS Blog
    I’m listening to: nothing

Can’t wait for Sound Shapes. I hope it becomes a huge success like Journey. Not really the creative type but I can’t wait to see what the talented musicians do with the game’s tools.

+ Anti-Steven on August 4th, 2012 at 5:00 pm said:

I’m Playing: Dyad and Pure Chess (finally learning)
    I’m watching: Gainax’s Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
    I’m reading: Joseph Campbell’s The Hero with a Thousand Faces
    I’m listening to: Settle Down by No Doubt

Can’t wait to try out Sound Shapes.

+ The-taco-man010 on August 4th, 2012 at 5:37 pm said:

I’m playing: Metal gear solid hd on ps vita (waitin’ for lbp vita *.*)
    I’m watching: Black butler
    I’m reading: Playstation.blog
    I’m listening to: Kissing the shadows by children of bodom and a lot more COB \m/

Can’t wait to get my hands on sounds and shapes!

+ PsychoSploosh69 on August 4th, 2012 at 5:45 pm said:

I’m playing: Nothing at the moment but I bought Borderlands and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, so I know what I’ll be playing soon.
    I’m watching: Death Sentence
    I’m listening to:Glass Tiger, Def Leppard, Colin James.
    I’m reading:playstation blog (as usual)

Any word yet on the skyrim patch yet? Or GTA III?

+ BoobooJones on August 4th, 2012 at 7:58 pm said:

Playing: Max Payne 3, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Private beta

Watching: The Rise and Fall of WCW on Netflix

Reading: PS Blog, WWEgames forums

Listening to: Hopsin

+ jackwhitefoot on August 4th, 2012 at 8:22 pm said:

My first one.

Playing: Rhythm Thief And The Emperor”s Treasure, Uncharted 2 Multiplayer, Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY

Watching: The Olympics

Reading: Kingdom Keepers #5: Shell Game by Ridley Pearson

Listening: Uh…. Rhythm Thief Soundtrack???

+ jackwhitefoot on August 4th, 2012 at 8:24 pm said:

Forgot to put Chicken Boxer by Gaelic Storm on listening to.

+ charlesdy on August 5th, 2012 at 12:13 am said:

I’m Playing: Expendables 2 Game (too bad it’s a mediocre game, glad I’m only paying $2 for it)

I’m Watching: None at the moment.

I’m Reading: A lot of e-books on web design.

I’m Listening: Usher, Lady Gaga, LMFAO because my family is currently playing Everybody Dance.

+ Cjx324 on August 5th, 2012 at 12:48 am said:

I’m Playing: Saints Row The Third, Jak and Daxter HD Collection, and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
    I’m Watching: Batman: The Dark Knight
    I’m Reading: The Playstation Blog
    I’m Listening To: Living Things by Linkin Park

+ sonicwc on August 5th, 2012 at 2:36 am said:

I’m Playing: Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    I’m Watching: Batman: The Dark Knight
    I’m Reading: The Playstation Blog
    I’m Listening: Lady Gaga.

+ ccrogers15 on August 5th, 2012 at 6:51 am said:

I’m Playing: Fallout: New Vegas, Spyro Year Of The Dragon, War Of The Monsters
    I’m Watching: Drake and josh
    I’m Reading: The Outsiders
    I’m Listening: IDK

+ duke301 on August 5th, 2012 at 9:27 am said:

I’m Playing: Rainbow Moon, Batman: Arkham City, and to a lesser extent, Jurassic Park
    I’m Watching: The Olympics
    I’m Reading: The Walking Dead, put on hold for the duration of the Olympics
    I’m Listening to: Not much at the moment

+ MakoSOLIDER on August 5th, 2012 at 11:57 am said:

I’m Playing: UNCHARTED 2 Multiplayer: Only 1 trophy left! (200 more kills)
    I’m watching: One Piece
    I’m Reading: Gaming news
    I’m listening to: PS Blogcast & Podcast Beyond

+ ASC2175 on August 5th, 2012 at 10:35 pm said:

I’m playing: Uncharted 3, MGS4, maor Kingdom Hearts 3D
    I’m watching: Cute things doing super cute thingies.
    I’m reading: My mind…wondering why my head has not exploded yet.
    I’m listening to: he ear-defening sounds of Metallica…and the Uncharted 3 soundtrack.
    Currently working on: Sound mods for Left 4 Dead 2.

+ God-Of-Lyf on August 6th, 2012 at 6:46 am said:

Sorry, but it’s going to take a lot more than Sound Shapes [GIMMICK] to save the Vita. All current owners are advised to abandon ship asap! If nothing else trade it in for a game that CAN be played. Just Saying…