PlayStation VR

Aug 14

Aug 14

Watch the GamesCom Trailer for Killzone: Mercenary

Hermen Hulst's Avatar Posted by Managing Director, Guerrilla Games

Today we’re really excited to present the first official gameplay trailer for Killzone: Mercenary at Gamescom. Designed specifically for the PlayStation Vita platform, Killzone: Mercenary is a first-person shooter that makes full use of the device’s graphical and input capabilities. It was built on the same powerful engine as Killzone 3, and it enhances the familiar twin-stick FPS control scheme with touch pad functionality for interesting new gameplay possibilities.

With Killzone: Mercenary, we want to offer PlayStation Vita owners a fresh perspective on the brutal conflict between ISA and Helghast – literally. For the first time in a Killzone campaign, you’ll be fighting alongside Helghast forces as well as ISA specialists, carrying out missions that the regular soldiers just won’t — or can’t.

As a mercenary, you’re free to decide which tactics and loadouts you’ll use to fulfill your contract; your employers will reward you with state-of-the-art weaponry and cold, hard cash as long as you get the job done. But what is the price of that freedom – and will you discover it before it’s too late?

Killzone: Mercenary is slated for a 2013 release. We hope you’re just as stoked about this new chapter in the Killzone story as we are, and we’d love to hear what you think in the comments!

Check out all the news coming out of Gamescom 2012 on PlayStation.Blog

Media Molecule’s New Project Revealed: Tearaway for PS Vita

See the First Trailer for Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified on PS Vita

PlayStation All-Stars Gamescom Reveal: Dante, Sackboy, Spike, Ratchet and Clank

Gamescom: New The Last of Us Trailer

PSone Classics Coming to PS Vita via the latest System Software Update (v1.80)

Until Dawn — New PS Move Horror Game — Announced for PS3

The Curtain is Raised on Puppeteer, a New PS3 Adventure

PlayStation Plus Coming to PS Vita, Online Game Save Storage Getting Upgraded

Are You Ready for the God of War: Ascension Multiplayer Beta?

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

onslaughtree said:

August 14th, 11:36 am

I really loved Killzone Liberation, and its 3rd person view. Hope this plays well. Looks awesome thouhg. Hoping the controls are in close to the controls of Killzone 3….

Link01 said:

August 14th, 11:41 am

:3. Now please… PLEASE do go crazy with the touch controls and focus on the multiplayer aspect too!

Link01 said:

August 14th, 11:42 am

^ correction for above… don’t go crazy with the touch controls!

GHOZTPRIME said:

August 14th, 11:42 am

Looks great so far. Keep up the good work, SONY.

Type-F- said:

August 14th, 11:43 am

omg all this VITA game is making me happy

DoTheKiller91 said:

August 14th, 11:43 am

Two words: KILLZONE 4

JH-FallenReaper said:

August 14th, 11:43 am

Im a huge KILLZONE fan, i have all the themes, avatars, games, some posters, and the main reason im getting my Vita on the 28th, like the poster above said, dont go crazy with the touch controls.

DoTheKiller91 said:

August 14th, 11:43 am

PLEASE :D

Valde_zerocool said:

August 14th, 11:45 am

Super impressed with the Vita showing at Gamescom 2012. I have never played a Killzone game before and can’t wait for this to be the first. A Killzone collection would have been great like the others you announced recently, hmmm?

KazeEternal said:

August 14th, 11:47 am

@Herman Hulst
5 Questions:

1) Multiplayer?
2) Spawn Grenades for Tactician if there is multiplayer?
3) Sixaxis control for the sniper rifle?
4) Killzone 4?
5) Killzone 1 remake since the PS2 classic got canned?

You can look at these as requests as well as questions.

DriveForSix said:

August 14th, 11:49 am

So completely HYPED for this! Can’t wait!

Fadakar said:

August 14th, 11:49 am

I love the fact that it’s an original story. The money system intrigues the hell out of me.

ro-kurorai said:

August 14th, 11:49 am

Thank you Hermen and GG, I love you guys =)
A fully fledged Killzone experience developed by you guys will certainly set the bar for graphics on a mobile platform for years to come.

Reekey said:

August 14th, 11:49 am

:( now i have to pick up a vita…

Xabdos said:

August 14th, 11:49 am

Well this looks even more promising than COD for the Vita, it really does. COD is a huge title but I don’t think people appreciate Killzone enough and this Video proves it.
Knowing that COD for the Vita is being developed by Nihilistic Software, I wouldn’t be surprised if the game doesn’t turn out great , We all know that Resistance Burning Skies didn’t turn out as expected.
From the trailer of COD for the Vita the game Clearly doesn’t look impressive ( graphically ) and the sound is horrific Resistance BS had the same problem too.
COD is a huge title which can move a lot of Vita units, Sony be careful with that game.

But I’m not worried as much for Killzone Mercenaries, I honestly have to say that I’m not a fan of the Series on the PS3, but knowing that it’s coming to the Vita makes me a new comer to the series !

Falaut said:

August 14th, 11:53 am

The live action stuff is horrible! The gameplay section is stellar!

darksithantwan said:

August 14th, 11:54 am

OK Sony, you’re gonna have to come up with a 64GB memory card VERY SOON…CoD, Killzone, LBP, PS All-Stars, etc. I’m almost maxed out right now LOL…

D4rkH4X0ReR said:

August 14th, 11:57 am

Game looks great =), so we are going to be able to buy and upgrade our weapons with money now?

Robbie_G_lrish said:

August 14th, 11:59 am

Liberation was awesome. This looks good so far.

soundandvision77 said:

August 14th, 12:01 pm

Amazing. I’ve been waiting to hear about the Killzone Vita game. It’s awesome to finally see a trailer! Really looking forward to this.

jonboi24 said:

August 14th, 12:02 pm

Wow thats near Killzone 2 like graphics.

Type-F- said:

August 14th, 12:06 pm

game looked sick on ps3 and it even looks sick on VITA cant wait i really enjoyed Killzone 2!

Xabdos said:

August 14th, 12:08 pm

I’m really intrigued about this money system and how the Voice said : “How much will it pay”.
Looks interesting, any information about that ?

BlooodyCow said:

August 14th, 12:10 pm

Will be getting this game for sure

xCh0z3n-0n3x said:

August 14th, 12:11 pm

Looks REALLY good….cant wait to play it!! big Killzone fan over here.

Darig0n said:

August 14th, 12:15 pm

This better not be made by Nihilistic…

Tuureluur2008 said:

August 14th, 12:15 pm

Hermen.. Dude… Take my money! This is gonna be a sytem seller voor Sony… No Doubt! Release March 2013?

De groeten uit Holland!

Tuureluur

TooTall19 said:

August 14th, 12:16 pm

Killzone is my favorite. Can’t wait for more gameplay videos.

PatricioUSA said:

August 14th, 12:18 pm

Looks good.

MrSoloLobo said:

August 14th, 12:23 pm

Oh my God, Sony and Guerilla just sold me a Vita.

MrSoloLobo said:

August 14th, 12:26 pm

@26 It’s being made by Guerilla :D

mikeyvittelli said:

August 14th, 12:27 pm

More excited for this than Black Ops Declassified.

obxkill3r said:

August 14th, 12:28 pm

This game looks way better then the Resistance Vita game or even the up-coming COD Vita game I’m glad to see they have Guerilla making this not Nihilistic Software who is probably gonna make the COD game disappointing as well.

Can’t wait for this Guerilla your an awesome game company please make this as great as it looks so far for Vita. This hand-held needs some games to be proud of

GhostMachine1 said:

August 14th, 12:31 pm

I’ve been waiting for this…

(That’s what she said).

Squiggle55 said:

August 14th, 12:32 pm

Please give us more than 4v4 multiplayer! And try not to make anything on the touch control be mandatory (like throwing grenades or something, that is awful). The only touch controls I would want for a FPS are maybe sprinting or crouching. But please realize that the back touch screen can be finnicky and having to touch the front touchscreen during FPS gameplay is annoying. Just my opinion. Excited about this game.

C98976 said:

August 14th, 12:34 pm

AMAZING. DIDNT EXPECT IT TO LOOK THIS GOOD!

GreyLynx said:

August 14th, 12:34 pm

We straight MERCING PEOPLE!

boboMELOSHE said:

August 14th, 12:48 pm

CANNOT WAIT!!!!! This looks BY FAR better than CoD.

ultimatepunchrod said:

August 14th, 12:55 pm

Note to Activision: this is how you make an FPS on Vita. That looked fantastic! And it looked even better after seeing that pitiful COD BLOPS Declassified trailer. Awesome!

ZombiesTT said:

August 14th, 12:58 pm

Killzone 3 is my favorite PS3 game. This should make it worth getting a Vita!

Goddess_Katheryn said:

August 14th, 12:59 pm

Hey, this game is turning out to be a really good FPS, if not, the best for the handheld so far. I didn’t think it’d be this good. I’m going to be on the lookout for this…
The graphics are pretty good for the Vita too, rather impressed on what they pulled!

FeLiPe_MachiN3 said:

August 14th, 1:03 pm

Amazing! :D cant wait to play it

Wayndawind said:

August 14th, 1:06 pm

This should be a really good game. Seeing how they made the ps3 version and then change the platform for the psp version, the ski is the limit and then sum for the vita.

IzoGray said:

August 14th, 1:06 pm

Please make your next trailer about multiplayer only. You guys deserve to take the multiplayer handheld title. Don’t give it to COD. Show us how you plan on taking our game to the next level on the go.

Gekidami said:

August 14th, 1:06 pm

Will we get to fight against the ISA? I mean theres no reason why mercs wouldnt take up work against them, if they’re just after the money.

Heavenly_king said:

August 14th, 1:09 pm

looks like this game wont have story mode. Or am I wrong?? Hopefully, I am wrong

trekerie said:

August 14th, 1:10 pm

All I have to say is: DAY ONE BUY!

Heavenly_king said:

August 14th, 1:12 pm

Helghast are like space nazis, so I find hard to believe that they would hire an outsider team to do their job, unless they are “non military” helghasts lol.

Elvick_ said:

August 14th, 1:16 pm

Please for the love of god do not let the touch controls be exclusive to FRONT touch. Rear touch is more intuitive. Let that be an option. You get to keep your hands on the buttons and analogs while still doing what it tells you to.

I’d rather there not be that stuff at all in this game though. It sucked in Uncharted, and it’ll suck here.

The prompts alone break you out of the immersion. I hate it.

Darth-Krayt said:

August 14th, 1:31 pm

@ Herman Hulst

Hey, I’m happy to finally get a look at this game in action. Looks great. I’ve been a loyal supporter of yours since Killzone 1, which by the way is still my favorite of the series regardless of the PS2 hardware holding the game back a bit. That’s a great segway into my point though. I really hope you guys pulled Killzone 1 as a PS2 classic because as a PS2 classic, it would still be that original game that was held back by hardware, so instead decided at the last minute to actually do a full HD rebuild of the game for PS3’s hardware, so the game’s no longer being held back by hardware. And not to mention Killzone 1’s online was incredible (between the modes and the maps), still to this day my favorite online FPS ever, and as a PS2 classic, Killzone wouldn’t have online.

PLEASE tell me that you’re doing a Killzone 1 HD. No PS2 game ever is more deserving of an HD rebuild imho. If you are, I would make 1 request. That you work it out so that unlike the original Killzone 1, all of those amazing maps are playable in all of the game modes.

PAGE 1 2 3