Minecraft PS4

The PlayStation Recap — Homecoming Edition

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Sep 22, 2012 // Senior Manager, Social Media

After 11 or so days on the road, I’m finally back home in California — and burning to crack open every conceivable loot chest in Borderlands 2. So regrettably, I’m going to cut to the chase in this week’s Recap and get back to Gunzerking as fast as possible! If you’re playing Borderlands 2, be sure to share your character and strategies in the comments.

Read on for the week’s 10 most popular PlayStation.Blog posts. In other news highlights this week, fans lined up to get LittleBigPlanet for PS Vita at participating retailers (the North American PSN launch date is this Tuesday, 9/25), Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time got a release date of February 5th for PS3 and PS Vita (with Cross-Buy), Final Fantasy III was confirmed for a Tuesday PSN launch, Atlus USA announced a November 20th release for Persona 4 Golden on PS Vita, Puppeteer’s new trailer debuted at Tokyo Game Show, Inafune filed a Soul Sacrifice TGS update, the LittleBigPlanet team announced a new TV spot competition, DC Universe Online released the new expansion Hand of Fate, and the PlayStation On Campus Tour officially kicked off (get the most up-to-date schedule here). Phew! Not a bad week, all things considered.

What are you playing this weekend?

The PlayStation Recap

Most-Watched Video of the Week: Madden 13 PlayStation Vita Commercial

The 10 Most-Viewed Posts of the Week

• TGS 2012: Smaller, Lighter PS3 Model Unveiled
  • PlayStation Plus on PS Vita Gets Timing, Set to Launch with Instant Game Collection
  • God of War’s Top 5 Epic Moments: Number Three — The Brutal Death of Poseidon
  • Borderlands 2: Return to Pandora on Blu-ray and PSN Tomorrow
  • Three Ways to Play Starhawk, Available on PSN Next Tuesday
  • Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector’s Set Has Tons of Extra Content on PS3
  • Gran Turismo 5: Three New Cars, Update 2.08 Out Tuesday
  • PlayStation Mobile: Coming To Tablets, Smartphones and PS Vita Starting on October 3rd
  • PlayStation All-Stars on PS Vita Puts the Fight in Your Pocket
  • PlayStation Home Update: The Casino Adds Free Texas Hold ‘Em, Free Bacon Companion
  • //Add Your Own

+ Pikmologist on September 22nd, 2012 at 2:27 pm said:

I really want a Vita now, will probably ask for one for Christmas. I am boycotting my PS3 until Tuesday for when the Uncharted 3 GOTY Edition comes out! I’m a huge Uncharted fan and buying the game for the third time will still make me happy!

I would love a release of the Jak & Daxter Collection on the Vita, I would love to be able to play those games on a portable!

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 23rd, 2012 at 12:09 pm said:

The new PS3 is ridiculously small compared to the launch models. It’s kind of shocking! Be sure to let us know what you think when you get it.

+ sciteach on September 22nd, 2012 at 2:36 pm said:

playing borderlands 2 as zer0. just got my first sniper rifle and am enjoying the critical hit bonuses i get. i do miss the bird attack from borderlands, but i am trying to take advantage of the stealth move.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 23rd, 2012 at 12:10 pm said:

No Bloodwing?! I’m playing as the Gunzerker and loving it. Dual wielding is so much fun!

+ Sonicfan11589 on September 22nd, 2012 at 2:42 pm said:

So can’t wait for Dead or Alive 5 on Tuesday, pre-ordered the Collector’s Edition. And I manages to pre-order Resident Evil 6 for the following week at 20% off at Newegg.com with a temporary sale.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 23rd, 2012 at 12:10 pm said:

Good deal on RE6!

+ Sonicfan11589 on September 22nd, 2012 at 2:44 pm said:

I’m watching:
    footage of Dead or Alive 5 on the internet
    I’m playing:
    Dead or Alive games in anticipation for DOA5 on Tuesday

+ Sonicfan11589 on September 22nd, 2012 at 2:45 pm said:

Sorry for the “1,000″ post, but any chance of DOA5 avatars/themes? I know there were some for Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown after its release?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 23rd, 2012 at 12:11 pm said:

Not sure yet; the PSN post on Tuesday should highlight them if they’re hitting at launch.

+ dredre8424 on September 22nd, 2012 at 3:21 pm said:

looking forward to starhawk dlc

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 23rd, 2012 at 12:11 pm said:

I like how they’re changing up the scenery.

+ Dante345544 on September 22nd, 2012 at 4:41 pm said:

This has nothing to do but I wonder if you guys can show this to the people at Sony, wonderful trophy integration. http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_597483&feature=iv&src_vid=axW8fuMjvAk&v=7y0xyM7_Mks

+ Bcrazyman on September 22nd, 2012 at 4:57 pm said:

hey i cant wait for the ps+for the vita this gonna be great! im getting my vita for sure now cant wait!
    i just need the vita with a 16gb or 32gb memory card! its great being a playstation+ member!
    get your ps+ now its really worth it!

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 23rd, 2012 at 12:11 pm said:

Yeah, it’s hard to argue with free PS Vita content for no extra cost.

+ digitalman123 on September 22nd, 2012 at 5:11 pm said:

A good week for Playstation. PS Plus for Vita will be great! Such a great deal. LittleBigPlanet Vita is the best.
    I hope to see some Playstation All-Stars character reveals before TGS concludes.

I’m playing: Borderlands, LittleBigPlanet Vita, Twisted Metal
    I’m watching: Various TV shows
    I’m reading: The Codex

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 23rd, 2012 at 12:12 pm said:

The Codex by Douglas Preston? What do you think of it? The premise sounds intriguing…

+ D-Squad3 on September 22nd, 2012 at 6:26 pm said:

So how about them new characters for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 23rd, 2012 at 12:12 pm said:

No news on that

+ ozocky100 on September 22nd, 2012 at 6:39 pm said:

Is malicious rebirth and god eater 2 coming to the us?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 23rd, 2012 at 12:13 pm said:

No updates on that, we’ll be sure to update you if they are confirmed for US release.

+ ichigo-kushima on September 22nd, 2012 at 7:42 pm said:

That Madden 13 ad is only the most watched because its advertised on almost every video on YouTube. Unless they don’t count those.

Anyway, I am a PlayStation Plus subscriber as of Wednesday and am really happy about the news of it coming to the Vita.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 23rd, 2012 at 12:13 pm said:

Glad to hear you’re pleased with the Plus news. I sure am!

+ Bcrazyman on September 22nd, 2012 at 9:20 pm said:

hey its coming the blacks ops vita bundle! yes finnaly cant wait!
    yes finnlay hooked! thank you playstation!
    ps+ member 4 ever!

+ df2506 on September 22nd, 2012 at 9:26 pm said:

The news about Starhawk single player coming free for Plus members is cool. I’m also looking forward to seeing what else will be available for Tuesday (and beyond) for Plus members. :)

So:

I’m Playing: Ratchet & Clank HD Collection (Ratchet & Clank 2)
    I’m Watching: Saw Doctor Who tonight & it was great. Tomorrow I’m watching Hell On Wheels & Copper!
    I’m Reading: Dresden Files: Storm Front

Can’t believe the month is almost over. Where did it go?! Whew.

+ Bcrazyman on September 22nd, 2012 at 9:47 pm said:

been a ps+ member since day1 its great and love whats coming to playstation3 and vita cant wait! free games yes! its going to be a great year!
    for playstation+ members for vita!
    yess! lets go playstation!

+ Undrey on September 23rd, 2012 at 6:20 am said:

I’m Playing: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Demo (I LUV IT)
    I’m Watching: Rules of Engagement (awesome)
    I’m Reading: I believe I’ve read that word once… oh wait.

One question I’ve been meaning to ask. Will the Sly Collection ever get Remote Playability with the Vita?

+ quiomar01 on September 23rd, 2012 at 7:41 am said:

Playing lumines on Vita, Still!
    Wish the PS3 superslim was cheaper. Been w/o a Ps3 since June. Bring the 16GB SuperSlim for $200 please!

+ PsychoSploosh69 on September 23rd, 2012 at 1:09 pm said:

•I’m playing: Sly Cooper 2: Band Oh Thieves HD, Skyrim
    •I’m watching: Hell On Wheels
    •I’m reading: Blood Oath
    •I’m listening to: Stevie Ray Vaughan-Greatest Hits

I was interested in getting another PS3 with the price drop, but now that I found out that it’s a top loaded disc drive like the old ps1/ps2′s, no thanks.

I guess they don’t wanna lose any more money price dropping the old ps3. But maybe I’ll just track down one like I currently have. I prefer the disc drive.

+ ASC2175 on September 23rd, 2012 at 3:25 pm said:

I’m playing: Skyrim…on PC, Team Fortress 2, Rock band Blitz
    I’m Watching: Cops…..maor COPS!
    I’m reading: What I’m typing right now just to hear myself be paranoid.
    I’m listening to: Def Leppard…..I luvs me some Leppard
    I’m wondering: What the hell to buy off-a da store…this week….hopefully I can buy ponies….or Metal Gear.

Wanna know how much I live my Vita? ….(kisses screen) ….that much…..but I luv mah PC better…..it haz stuffs….

+ PsychoSploosh69 on September 23rd, 2012 at 8:08 pm said:

@15 Undrey, how are you playing a demo of thieves in time demo? I checked both the ps3 and vita stores and couldn’t find it anywhere.