Overwatch

Sep 21

Sep 21

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Out on PS3 and PS Vita February 5th

Cristian Cardona's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

It’s been a few weeks since we’ve had some news come out about Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time! Hopefully, you’ve already seen the sweet trailer we released at gamescom and are itching to learn even more about Sly, the gang and their upcoming adventure. Well, today we’re happy to announce that Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time will be releasing in North America this February 5th, 2013 both at retail and on PlayStation Network (that’s right, day and date!).

Sly Cooper: Thieves in TimeSly Cooper: Thieves in Time

In case you didn’t catch it, if you buy the PS3 version of Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (through traditional retailers or on PSN), you will be able to download the PS Vita version of the game from PSN at no additional cost! Now that’s a — wait for it — a steal!

Yeah? No? No. Ok…

We also wanted to let everyone know that we’ll be offering up extras for those of you who have (or are going to) pre-order the game. Pre-order now and you’ll get the following skins in both the PS3 and PS Vita versions of the game:

Sly Cooper: Thieves in TimeSly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Sly’s Para Glider Sanzaru monkey logo and camouflage skins, and Murray’s undercover Ultimate outfit.

Don’t forget that you’ll also get early access to the Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time demo with your purchase of Ratchet & Clank Collection, available now at participating retailers.

That’s it for now, but we’re working on some awesome stuff we’ll be showing you in the near future. Keep an eye on PS.Blog for more!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

JimmyHACK said:

September 21st, 8:04 am

Nice Sanzaru glider. Hopefully these end up being offered to PSN first week buyers too :)

NHDrumline17 said:

September 21st, 8:05 am

This is great to hear! I can’t wait for this game.

Question for you guys though: Will these pre-order bonuses be available for those of us who want to purchase it digitally on the PS3? I’ll still be buying it day one, but would prefer to get digital versions of both.

krae_man said:

September 21st, 8:07 am

Feb-April next year is stacked.

G-Force08 said:

September 21st, 8:09 am

Day 1. I love Sly. :) Hopefully my Vita will still have space on the memory card for it. =/ I might have to buy another one. :(

Also I’m curious, I remember seeing an interview earlier this year where the cross-controller functions were mentioned for this game. Are there any more details we can get about this?

September 21st, 9:14 am

It’s more like AR functions between the Vita and PS3. We’ll be showing that off in the next few weeks =)

Heavenly_king said:

September 21st, 8:12 am

Murray is the hypo version of Sam Fisher XD

nOObSLAYER said:

September 21st, 8:15 am

Can’t wait for this. But there’s one thing that bothers me, the cross buy emblem is in a spot that ruins the cover of the game :p

September 21st, 9:15 am

Kinda one of the few spots that was available. Didn’t want to cover his awesome cane, or his face…or the logo…of the ESRB. They wouldn’t be down for that =P

shahood said:

September 21st, 8:15 am

Just to double check – the cross buy promotion is not limited to preorders yeah? I may not be able to buy the game right away (perhaps in March/April)

September 21st, 9:15 am

Cross Buy is NOT limited to pre orders.

Nick930930 said:

September 21st, 8:16 am

@ #5 Heavenly_King

Hypo version? …you mean…hippo? lol

Major_Hoare said:

September 21st, 8:17 am

Why is there a boxed Vita version at retail? Does it come with the PS3 version?? Otherwise, it doesn’t seem to make sense.

September 21st, 9:16 am

It doesn’t come with the PS3 version. We want a Vita version out there for people who might only own a Vita or just want to play it on the go (it’ll cost less on the Vita).

Xcaligamer1 said:

September 21st, 8:20 am

diggin the cross buy stuff. who’s gonna say no to 2 for 1?

Heavenly_king said:

September 21st, 8:20 am

I was gonna buy only the Vita version, but now I am buying the PS3 version, in order to get the other one for free XD. And also, I get 2 plats :D

September 21st, 9:16 am

One plat – they share one trophy list. Don’t flay us!

Heavenly_king said:

September 21st, 8:22 am

@8: Yeah, I meant that lol…..Hippo Fisher XD

BrushYourTeeth said:

September 21st, 8:23 am

It’s nice to have a release date finally! But now it also makes me wonder, when will the Treasure Design Contest winner(s) be announced?

September 21st, 9:17 am

Soon! Some Legal hangups at the moment. We’ll have it sorted soon.

Undrey said:

September 21st, 8:24 am

The box art looks amazing! I can’t wait to get this game! 7.5 years in the making!

I’ll be getting the retail one since I can’t seem to find a PSN card for Bulgaria (which I accidentally chose as my country.)

Thanks Cristian :D

PharmBoY044 said:

September 21st, 8:29 am

As this is available day 1 via PSN, will we be able to pre-order via PSN? If so, will we get the same bonuses that are available for people who order through retail?

September 21st, 9:17 am

We’ll have updates on pre-order for the PSN in the coming weeks.

StargamerX said:

September 21st, 8:29 am

Great news! Any word on the Treasure Design contest winners?

dlbpc said:

September 21st, 8:29 am

So the characters have skins? Classic designs, please?

Butters360 said:

September 21st, 8:31 am

YES! Thank you!!!

infamousXX87XX said:

September 21st, 8:35 am

Already on preorder. Can’t wait

Souledge94 said:

September 21st, 8:39 am

Wish you guys would have came out with a collectors edition like a steel bookcase or something. Would really like one for this series.

OmegaSpear said:

September 21st, 8:40 am

Sly returns!

MEXRPG said:

September 21st, 8:41 am

Will the cross buy purchase work the other way around? If I buy the PS Vita version will you give me a downloadable PS3 version? If not, why? It makes more sense… I have a 1TB HD in my PS3 so, I am not worried about that filling up . However, even though I bought the 32GB memory for my Vita it IS already filling up.

I’d appreciate a reply, thanks.

September 21st, 9:18 am

Cross Buy doesn’t work the other way around. Why? Think about it.

remanutd5 said:

September 21st, 8:42 am

vita demo please

GT-420 said:

September 21st, 8:43 am

So who won the NA design contest? You promised the list weeks/months ago.

RenderMonk said:

September 21st, 8:53 am

Really would like some information on who won the North America Sly Treasure Design Contest. Thanks!

Undrey said:

September 21st, 8:53 am

@22 Nope, the Vita one is already less expensive than the PS3 one, although it would’ve been better if they could make special editions where the PS3 one is the downloadable one.

GhostMachine1 said:

September 21st, 8:59 am

In the cross buy feature will I get both versions if i buy them retail?

September 21st, 9:20 am

If you buy the PS3 version at retail (or via the PSN), you’ll receive a digital copy of the Vita version at no additional cost!

Undrey said:

September 21st, 9:03 am

@27 Yes. Sorry for over posting. I’m just so excited.

kpac511 said:

September 21st, 9:08 am

Why would you let me play that demo FIVE WHOLE MONTHS before I can play the rest? Cruel!

Kchow23 said:

September 21st, 9:22 am

If both games were priced at $39 or $49 then Cross Buy could work both ways! The “Cross Buy” sticker… will it be a sticker or part of the box art? Also looks a bit lame thought with the recent collections we would’ve have more epic looking stuff :P

September 21st, 9:24 am

They’re not priced the same so it’s not gonna work both ways. Nice try though ;-)
    The icon will be part of the box art.

ItsNymo said:

September 21st, 9:49 am

Similar to what others have said: Why bother putting out the physical PSVita version if there’s no cross-buy option for that? I love the whole cross-buy concept, but I’m sure there’s people out there who would rather buy the physical PSVita version and get a downloadable version of the PS3 game instead of the other way around. Otherwise: There’s no reason at all to buy the physical Vita edition alone.

Still: I am very excited to finally get my hands on this game! February 5th needs to come faster!

zakdude100 said:

September 21st, 9:56 am

the cross buy logo should be a sticker, or make it smaller and put it where the memory card symbol is on vita (if that makes sense)

anyway a few questions
1)when will europe get the Sly 4 demo?
2)will there be an “adventures of sly cooper #3”? they did comics for the other games.
thanks

September 21st, 10:04 am

1 – not sure. You’ll have to keep an eye out on their blog.
    2 – we’ve got something cool in the works =)

Robbie_G_lrish said:

September 21st, 10:04 am

@31 Maybe you only own a Vita, or maybe you want to save money by just playing it on your Vita and you want a retail copy. It’s not that complicated.

BRIT-KO said:

September 21st, 10:10 am

It’s about time, why did Sony delay it?

Squiggle55 said:

September 21st, 10:15 am

I’m very glad you made it so that the games share a single trophy list. If a game is the exact same on PS3 and Vita, and even shares the same save file, then there really shouldn’t be two platinums. It might sound lame, but giving out 2 platinums for one play through like some early games have done seems to tarnish the reputation/value of the trophy list. Anyway, I like your decision.

caspergreve said:

September 21st, 10:19 am

Please explayin to me why this is delayed in Europe i am relly sad and would easaly pays 60 dollasrs extra just to get it a month early im writing this here beacuse the europe blog never responds :( Please give me an answer

September 21st, 10:31 am

I can’t answer for Europe. Sorry!

BLipp17 said:

September 21st, 10:23 am

Cant wait for it! Wish it didnt get delayed :( Ive been wondering about the cross-controller stuff. Is it player 1 uses a DS3 and player 2 uses the Vita, or can Player 1 use a Vita as a controller and then hold it up to the screen to use the AR stuff, that way we dont always need a 2nd person to take advantage of those features?

whatisdelicious said:

September 21st, 10:24 am

I hope that Cross-Buy thing is just a sticker on the plastic wrap that I can take off, because that box art actually looks pretty cool. Wouldn’t want to ruin it with that.

musicman182 said:

September 21st, 10:25 am

Awesome! I can’t wait for this to come out. I played the demo from the Ratchet collection and loved it. It’s probably a good thing it’s not coming out until February because there are already a ton of games coming out over the next 2 or so months that I want.

iZalman007 said:

September 21st, 10:33 am

Really excited for this! Will there be a Collector’s Edition?

Spacerac said:

September 21st, 10:34 am

That. Is. AWESOME!!! This game is releasing on my 23rd birthday. That is a buy for sure, just for that! Friggin SWEET!

Azure_Flame_Kite said:

September 21st, 10:49 am

I know it’s digital for the cross-buy but I would like to know if there is anyway to get the physical copy of the game.
I don’t have much space on my memory card and always buy a physical copy.
Maybe I can send you my digital voucher and you guys send me a physical copy.
I wouldn’t mind paying a little extra if it ensures me getting a copy.

L33t_Gonk said:

September 21st, 10:59 am

This game looks utterly amazing. However, I have one, single, solitary gripe – camera controls. One option isn’t enough – Sucker Punch had camera options for every single viewing option in the original games. What works in first person doesn’t always translate over to third person. Jak II had that single option flaw, and as a result, third person felt natural while first felt alien, and there was no getting around it – killed the game for me. Suspension of disbelief only works if an experience is fluid enough not to kick you back into reality.

ALL THAT said, the demo for Sly 4 is simply perfect, otherwise. You guys are doing Sly so much justice, it’s just spectacular.

Astro411 said:

September 21st, 11:09 am

@ Cristian Cardona

I’m glad it’ll be a while before this game comes out that way it wouldn’t get lost in the flood of games releasing soon, I’ve always been a big fan of the series owning two on the PS2 and the PS3 collection and will definitely be getting this.

I hope in the future we’ll see an exclusive Vita game, one that has a great story like always and designed to take advantage of as much of the Vita’s features as possible.

Even though I’m getting the digital version i have a suggestion about the cover, if you move the cross buy logo to the right of the ESRB and have the text on it to the right of the Vita icon it might fit between the ESRB and 3D logos perfectly and it’ll look better.

Wish you all the best of luck and keep these amazing games coming.

September 21st, 1:02 pm

Thanks for the recommendation, but there are a number of reasons it wouldn’t work (mainly issues visibility on retail shelves and racks). Glad you’re excited for the game =)

caspergreve said:

September 21st, 11:10 am

Cristian Cardona Would you please give me a link or something so i can acully contact people that would know why beacuse if a post a comment on the europe blog YOU WILL NOT GET A RESPONSE Please i would love it it`s not my fault i live in Europe :(

cheta85 said:

September 21st, 11:12 am

I love what you guys are doing (with the buy on ps3 and get it on vita). It really makes me a happy owner of a PS3 and a vita. Ill be picking it up for sure at launch

Joetheafro said:

September 21st, 11:16 am

Any news on the size of the game approximately? I got an 8 GB memory card when I got my Vita and I wanted to know if that was enough. I also plan to fit Playstation All Stars Battle Royale on it too, but I’m not sure if there will be enough space.

L33t_Gonk said:

September 21st, 11:16 am

I have a question: I was reading a previous blog entry, and it made it seem like you’d need a PS Vita, or at least someone else who owns a Vita, to collect every treasure in game. Is that true? I certainly hope not – I don’t want Sly to take the LittleBigPlanet route and have certain aspects of the main quest inaccessible to folks who only own a PS3 and don’t know anyone with a Vita. Can you clear that up?

September 21st, 1:03 pm

You don’t NEED a PS Vita to get every treasure in the game. Just makes it more fun for two people to work together to find them all. We’ll have a video showing how it works soon.

PrinceofXIII said:

September 21st, 11:30 am

hopefully in the future most if not ALL HD release of handheld games(well at least 1st party Sony games) will have Cross Buy bonuses!!!!!!!

dimy93 said:

September 21st, 11:32 am

Damn, I really was hoping to see it on the shelves this year. It would have been the best Christmas present ever.
What is the expected price for the Vita title? And another question – what I miss if I don’t have the PS3 version?I understood that Vita can be used as somekind of special glasses or sth that would allow me to find some secret areas in the game. Can I do it without a PS3?

September 21st, 1:04 pm

You don’t miss anything! The game content is identical for the PS3 and Vita versions.

PAGE 1 2 3