PS4-The Order

The PlayStation Recap — New Guy Edition

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Nov 17, 2012 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

Greetings, friends. The name’s Justin — I’ve been skulking behind the scenes here at PlayStation.Blog for a few months now, helping to get posts put together and looking extra-slick before they reach your fatigued eyeballs. See how game thumbnails are tucked neatly in with the text in recent PlayStation Store Updates, for example? Yep, that was me.

You may have heard me on a PlayStation Blogcast or two, but otherwise I’ve kept a pretty low profile since I started here. That changes today! Well, sort of. I’m taking over the weekend Recap post, where I’ll recount the week’s most-read PlayStation.Blog posts (read below for the full list). Taking this post over from Sid, I know I have a lot to live up to — I’ll try not to disappoint.

Last week, we proposed we roll the “What We Read” recap into this one, to form one giant, unstoppable, Voltron-esque Recap. You all seemed to agree that this was a good plan, so we’re going to do that starting next week. We’ve got an idea of how we want to implement it, and we think it’s going to fit perfectly in here.

With the formalities out of the way, let’s talk videogames.

I grabbed a copy of Lollipop Chainsaw on sale recently, and I’m surprised I didn’t get to it sooner! Exploding with style (and zombie bits), a fun, upgradeable combat system, and one of the most ridiculous stories I’ve seen in gaming. I loved every minute! I’m also gearing up for my fourth playthrough of Journey in honor of its multiple nominations in this year’s VGA’s. Toss in a bit of Persona 4 Golden love on my PS Vita, and my week has been pretty well set.

What are you playing this week?

Most-Watched Video of the Week: Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified PlayStation Vita Commercial

+ sciteach on November 17th, 2012 at 1:45 pm said:

welcome!
im playing: Lego Lord of the Rings and Borderlands 2
watching: once upon a time

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on November 17th, 2012 at 6:35 pm said:

Thanks! I just knocked out some missions in the BL2 Captain Scarlett DLC this afternoon, myself.

+ Sonicfan11589 on November 17th, 2012 at 1:59 pm said:

I’m playing: Paper Mario: Sticker Star (got it off of Newegg.com for $30)
Will be playing once it comes in the mail, Kirby: Mass Attack (got it $9.99 total off of newegg.com as well)
-also regret not pre-ordering a Wii U

Don’t mean to go all Nintendo on a Sony PS blog but that’s what’s on my mind.

I have been playing more of Dead or Alive 5 on my ps3.

+ Vince47 on November 17th, 2012 at 2:29 pm said:

im playing quantum conondrum and black ops 2..
im watching a tomcat spraying something on a car tire
im reading playstation blog
im listening to the president throwing his staff under the bus at some news conference, and my neighbors arguing and the police lady chasing people …i love saturdays.

+ duke301 on November 17th, 2012 at 2:30 pm said:

I’m playing: ACIII, Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys (in English, no doubt!)
I’m watching: College and NFL football
I’m reading: The Walking Dead, The Hobbit
I’m listening to: Not much at the moment

+ DeathGazer on November 17th, 2012 at 2:32 pm said:

Welcome Justin :)

I’m playing: Okami HD, Quantum Conundrum, Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
I’m watching: Dexter, Boardwalk Empire, Sons of Anarchy, The Walking Dead
I’m reading: PS Blog, NeoGAF

+ PsychoSploosh69 on November 17th, 2012 at 2:46 pm said:

•I’m playing: Saints Row 2, Motorstorm RC, Journey (Awesome Game!)
•I’m watching: The Walking Dead: Season 3, The Warriors (Blu Ray), GTA V Trailer #2
•I’m reading: Playstation Blog
•I’m listening to: The PlayStation Blogcast’s One-Year Extravaganza

+ mcbuttz78 on November 17th, 2012 at 3:04 pm said:

hey justin . Lmao your last name is masongill.. lmaoooo to funny. look it up for those who want o get waht funny abouT it..:)

But enough of the jokes also welcome ps blog.:). welcme to the family

mcbuttz78
vp psn legioniarre grup

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on November 17th, 2012 at 6:37 pm said:

-__-

Thanks for the warm welcome, mcbuttz.

+ race2winnet on November 17th, 2012 at 3:21 pm said:

Welcome aboard Justin. I enjoyed your time on the blogcast, I hope that we hear more from you in the future.

I’m playing: AC III, NFS MW, Portal 2, AC III Liberation, Hot Shots Golf, When Vikings Attack
I’m watching: My Clemson Tigers
I’m reading: PS Blog, PSXExtreme
I’m listening to: PS Blogcast
I’m missing: Jeff Rubenstein

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on November 17th, 2012 at 6:47 pm said:

Thanks very much for the kind words! I miss Jeff too, but the Blog persists! We’ll make him (and you guys) proud.

+ ASC2175 on November 17th, 2012 at 3:26 pm said:

I’m Playing: Street Fighter X Tekken PS Vita, Little Big Planet Karting
I’m Watching: Little Big Plannet Karting Tutorials…….all of them
I’m Reading: I swear this makes me laugh every time.
I’m listening to: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Soundtrack
I’m Desperatly Waiting for: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, The Walking Dead: The Game: Episode 5, PS Vita 2.00 update, Pizza.

+ SpiritThief on November 17th, 2012 at 4:46 pm said:

Welcome Justin.

Now make yourself useful and get us Suikoden II here.

Currently playing Persona. Working through them in order. Up to 4.

+ h2omasnah- on November 17th, 2012 at 5:15 pm said:

Since Sony doesn’t want to do what they have to and should with PlayStation Vita I’m playing PlayStation Portable and won’t PlayStation Vita because they didn’t do and still haven’t done something they should have like let consumers play their UMD content on their PSVita for free or a very small fee.

+ Thiagots85 on November 17th, 2012 at 5:15 pm said:

I’m playing: Spec Ops: the line , BF3 MP and Guild Wars 2
I’m Watching: Dexter
I’m reading: nothing at the moment, but thee are some books to read here
I’m listening: a very noisy ceiling fan

+ Biggz124 on November 17th, 2012 at 5:52 pm said:

Playing: Blops 2, Civ, UMvC3
Watching: Sons of Anarchy, Walking Dead.. waiting for Breaking Bad.
Reading: the bible
Listening: The Weeknd: Trilogy, Rihanna: unapologetic.

+ Godchild1020 on November 17th, 2012 at 6:18 pm said:

Playing: Call of Duty: Declassified, Assassin’s Creed 3: Liberation, Need For Speed Most Wanted and Dishonored.

Watching: The Mentalist and Law and Order: SVU

Reading: A Game of Thrones, waiting for season 3 next year.

Listening: Nothing. Just have my Earbuds in my ears, so my family won’t bother me.

+ Alphainsidious on November 17th, 2012 at 6:24 pm said:

Welcome aboard!

I’m playing: R&C 2 HD, Costume Quest, Singstar, Band Hero
I’m watching: Boardwalk Empire, GameGrumps
I’m reading: PS Blog, Outliers
I’m listening to: JJ Go, MBMBaM, PS Blogcast, Podcast Beyond

+ erico316ecw on November 17th, 2012 at 8:42 pm said:

Hey justine can you please help me. I recently updated zen pinball and now i cann play it or access my trophy collection from my vita . I get an error code c1-6427-9 and i already contracted playstation customer care oj the phone and they say there no such error please help.

+ NickMulder on November 17th, 2012 at 9:19 pm said:

I’m playing: Assassin’s Creed: Revelations, Uncharted: Golden Abyss
I’m watching: College football, Skyfall(SO GOOD)
I’m reading: Political stuff(have an essay due Monday I need to do. Bleh)
I’m listening to: Beethoven

+ randy3732 on November 17th, 2012 at 9:28 pm said:

I’m playing ACIII AC liberation CODBOD LBP ps vita getting BO2 soon
I’m watching ID channel
Reading game informer for GTA5 news
I’m listening to Rihanna,Adele,Ke$ha

+ Axesul on November 17th, 2012 at 9:33 pm said:

I’m Playing: Assassin’s Creed 3, Assassin’s Creed 3 Liberation, inFamous Collection, and Killzone Trilogy.
I’m Watching: Once Upon a Time, Tosh.O
I’m Reading: Playstation Blog (Derp)
I’m Listening: Skullgirls OST! :D

+ solace357 on November 17th, 2012 at 10:04 pm said:

I’m playing: Need For Speed: Most Wanted PSVita, The Unfinished Swan
I’m watching: Weregonnalose Nascar 2011 Trolling videos, so hilarious.
I’m reading: Dead Space: Catalyst
I’m listening to: This Will Destroy You: Tunnel Blanket

+ DonkeyKongKilla on November 17th, 2012 at 11:46 pm said:

congratulations on making it to update us on our gaming, how would I get in with Sony for an job, it’d be awesome haha

+ passivefamiliar on November 18th, 2012 at 3:41 am said:

I still want my PSN store fixed/updated/patched. Whatever. It is to slow on the first load. Takes to many screens to download anything. And most of all. I want A SEARCH FOR MY DOWNLOAD HISTORY. The store is fine otherwise. But every time i go to download a new demo/tv episode movie/game i will be coming on here to grief. Carry on playstation. I still love my ps3, and im still paying for plus and happy to do so. I just want the store to be a little tweaked still.

+ passivefamiliar on November 18th, 2012 at 3:48 am said:

But. To stay in sync with the blog.

Im playing: awesomenauts,
Im watching: nikita.
Im reading: infernal devices.
Im listening: rent.

+ blu_unclegh on November 18th, 2012 at 9:21 am said:

I’m playing: Assassin’s creed 3, Borderlands 2 and Gravity Rush
I’m watching: Dexter season 7, Walking Dead season 3, Skyfall
I’m Reading: A Dance With Dragons (incredible)
I’m listening: Kid Meets Cougar, Playstation Blogcast, Jim and Them Podcast

Can’t wait for my vita plus to kick in this week. Anxiously waiting for some Jet Set Radio

+ sfarrar on November 19th, 2012 at 12:17 am said:

Hey Justin

I’m playing: Nothing right now, to busy making 3D models in MAYA for my game dev classes
I’m watching: Dexter, the walking dead,
I’m reading: anything to do with game dev
I’m listening: QotSA, Band of Horses

I look forward to reading more of your post

+ Substandard0 on November 19th, 2012 at 8:46 am said:

I also grabbed Lollipop Chainsaw recently and it has been pretty good for the first few hours. There is a lot more style than substance, but it is pretty funny and I’ve had a good time with it.

I’ve put that on hold for the moment for the most part though and currently

I’m Playing: God of War HD (remote play on my vita mostly, I wanted to try out remote play and it’s working great). Also playing a lot of NFS: Most Wanted. Anxiously awaiting Persona 4 Golden this week, the original is my favorite game of all time.

I’m listening to: The Killers, Gaslight Anthem, Giant Bombcast, PS Blogcast

+ AceBeeDee on November 19th, 2012 at 2:53 pm said:

Im sure if “what we read” was up it would mention a little dark souls glitch? You may have heard about it??