LittleBigPlanet 3

More PS Vita Anniversary Deals This Week, Including New Free Games

Don Mesa's Avatar + Posted by Don Mesa on Mar 04, 2013 // Director, Product Planning & Platform Software Innovation, SCEA

PS Vita Anniversary Sale

Last week, we honored the PlayStation Vita system’s one year anniversary by giving you—our awesome fans—great discounts on some of our top games. There is still one more day to pick up the first batch of sales titles, so don’t miss your chance to grab award-winning games like Escape Plan, Sound Shapes, and PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale at a big discount.

Launching PS Vita has been a fun journey for us so far, and we’re excited about the many new things we have in store for you this year, including immersive and unique games like Killzone: Mercenary and Tearaway. In addition, we’ll be bringing you new ways to interact with your friends as seen in our recently announced Friend Network.

To continue the celebration this week, we’re pleased to offer a special gift for PS Vita owners—by giving away four classic games for free exclusively in the PlayStation Vita Store! In addition, you’ll also find a brand new set of downloadable PS Vita games on sale at a great discount. The promotion starts tomorrow and runs through March 11th.

Here are the free games we’re giving away for PS Vita:

• Wild Arms (PS one Classic)
  • Patapon (PSP)
  • Piyotama (PSP)
  • Patchwork Heroes (PSP)

Here are the PS Vita games that are on sale for a 30% discount. If you’re a PlayStation Plus member, you’ll get 50% off:

• Army Corps of Hell
  • Retro City Rampage
  • Sine Mora (with Trial)
  • Spy Hunter
  • Street Fighter X Tekken
  • Sumioni: Demon Arts
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

We also added a few more games to the sale, with the following discounts as noted:

• FIFA Soccer 13 (30% off)
  • Madden NFL 13 (30% off)
  • Oddworld Strangers Wrath (25% off) (New patch details here)

Also, we want to remind you that the March savings promotion is still going on this week, where you can get $10 back for every $50 you spend using your SEN Wallet! So be sure to take advantage of the PS Vita anniversary sale and the March savings promotion while you can by heading over to PS Store!

What’s your favorite PS Vita game so far? Again, we want to thank you for being a part of the PS Vita community, and we can’t wait to share more about the exciting things in store for 2013.

+ ytl1986 on March 4th, 2013 at 7:20 pm said:

I own most of these games already. Not really worth it to go PSplus, maybe I got to stop buying them at launch and wait.

+ ALEX87PS on March 4th, 2013 at 7:25 pm said:

AMAZING sale you guys! thanks!

I’ll buy Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 :)

+ Gr8White_Bear on March 4th, 2013 at 7:26 pm said:

I guess the PSN maintenance is over? I was able to access the PSN store…. but Patapon was not free.. Any help?

+ ALEX87PS on March 4th, 2013 at 7:30 pm said:

@Gr8White_Bear same avatar LOL.

I’m going to check the store right now :)

+ Daniel_San_818 on March 4th, 2013 at 7:42 pm said:

What about the love for PSP owners? Where’s out free game? At least give us one game, please???????

+ takadashin2 on March 4th, 2013 at 7:53 pm said:

Patapon !!!
Awesome

+ fatdog21 on March 4th, 2013 at 8:06 pm said:

u cant complain when its free

+ Soleph on March 4th, 2013 at 8:35 pm said:

Damn, Sony needs to release a 64 and/or 128 gig cards. I bought my vita in january and I’m already starting to run out of space on my 32 gig card.

Also, when are they going to make the Crash and Spyro games compatible with the Vita?

+ mega_raiyan on March 4th, 2013 at 8:36 pm said:

good thing patapon is on there im a huge fan of the patapon series i have 1‚2‚3 on UMD psp but if i get the money i could buy the series and master all the patapons, classes etc

+ TALLglassofWATER on March 4th, 2013 at 8:59 pm said:

Omgomg omgosh!! I just ordered a vita off amazon yesterday. It is scheduled to deliver by the 12th at the latest so it’ll be cutting it close but I should be able to get on the vita store in time for the free games, at least I hope so. Usually I don’ t see the store actually update until Tuesday evenings ( which the 12 th will be) so unless FedEx really drops the ball I will be happy as a cat in a fish farm. I was spurred to finally buy one …

A) because I just got a summer job out of state at a youth camp were I won’t be able to play my ps3
B) with playstation plus , my ps1 psn collection (- and some crossbuys), and the new vita freeware ( super excited to play ecolibrium) I already have a respectable vita library
C) I found a very nice deal with a memory card included
D)future ps4 vita support

Thank you so very much for appreciating your customers Sony. Microsoft can’t touch this.

Serendipity!

+ rhythmofbeats on March 4th, 2013 at 9:39 pm said:

Dear Don Mesa,
Thank you so much for the great update, I am very interested to purchase few of this games, But you see i only have 4gb sdcard.. and i do not have enough space in it for these games. If i purchase this games now and dont download the games, because i cant for not having enough space, can i buy a 32gb card and download the games later….and if i buy a game can i play it and delete it and download again later?

Thank you for reading.
Rayhan.

+ TALLglassofWATER on March 4th, 2013 at 10:00 pm said:

Of course you can, that is how the psn works!

+ Pnk-Pnther on March 4th, 2013 at 10:10 pm said:

Why are they not avaliable for PSN Mexico?? D:
You always leave us out T-T

+ rakashu on March 4th, 2013 at 10:10 pm said:

definitely going to pick up the batman discount and wild arms.

+ ChaosHeroZX on March 4th, 2013 at 10:23 pm said:

THANK YOU SONY!!!

I see all the games I wanted to get for my Vita on here. You may have emptied my wallet, but it is so worth it.

+ Kylin99388366 on March 4th, 2013 at 10:47 pm said:

Dear Morgon,
What I want to know is whether the previous game free for VITA plus could be free again in the future? You see, I joined PS+ recently and missed lots of limited-time-free awesome games for PS+ in the past.
Thanks for your reply.

+ UnlaeDTheLegenD on March 4th, 2013 at 11:46 pm said:

I’m Waiting So Bad for 12.00 AM To get Street Fighter x Tekken

+ SideShowBob426 on March 4th, 2013 at 11:50 pm said:

@117
its gonna take awhile still for the store to update trust me i was waiting for PSASBR to go on sale so i could run out and get the psn card around midnight but i had to wait till 3pm(west coast) before it went on sale so sleep and try to forget till half way through your day

+ UnlaeDTheLegenD on March 5th, 2013 at 12:07 am said:

@118 Thank You For telling me and being Kind But i Will Wait tall 4.00 If i Don’t Get it i Just Can’t Sleep I’m Addicted To Games i already have it on My Pc But i Want it On The Go And I’m Dying To Know If The Gonna Put Persona 4 Golden Or LBP On Sale Or I Spent all My Wallet On This It’s Hard To Decide what do you think ?

+ mikofficial on March 5th, 2013 at 1:06 am said:

DOKUROOOO

+ ArcticNinja21 on March 5th, 2013 at 2:08 am said:

How about a sale on memory cards so I can actually download some of these games?

+ sephaien on March 5th, 2013 at 3:03 am said:

Will Europe Psn get these sales too? Please say yes.

+ NeoArashi on March 5th, 2013 at 3:09 am said:

@People complaining that these discount/free games are not on the PSP

Can’t you read (on the big picture on with Toro holding a Vita?) It clearly says ”Vita aniversary”!!! Think of it as as little kid’s birthday. If it is the little kid’s birthday (In this case, PSV and it’s owners), it doesn’t really make sence that the older brothers (In this case, both the PS3 and PSP and their owners) gets present as well?

Both console already got their fair share of discounts, I think it’s the Vita’s turn.

Also, I’m pretty sure they are doing this to boost the Vita sales. If I’m right, then giving free stuff on the PSP would be beyond stupid.

+ jet_velunta on March 5th, 2013 at 3:24 am said:

I can’t see the free games.. like patapon and patchwork heroes… I’ve looked through the PSN through my vita, when i search the games, i still need to buy it…

+ whylekat on March 5th, 2013 at 5:27 am said:

it’s the 5th and nothing is updated in the store. where are my free games?? Rarr!

+ maxlovesamber on March 5th, 2013 at 5:27 am said:

It may have taken a whole year but I’m really glad to see my vita and PS + paying off with some great content. I loved the sale of Allstars for $17.?? and now dokuro and knytt underground on sale this low! Plus all the free games too! Thank you for finally tossing us a bone, and a huge one at that.

+ maxlovesamber on March 5th, 2013 at 5:29 am said:

@124,125 etc.
The store doesn’t apply its update until approx. 5-8PM EST. Start checking then. Until then however, take last minute advantage of the great sales going on! That’s what I did.

+ MAULER_is_back on March 5th, 2013 at 5:40 am said:

When are the free games available? I’m logged on now and see them as regular priced in the PS Vita Store.

+ TALLglassofWATER on March 5th, 2013 at 6:16 am said:

I bought knytt underground the last time it was on sale for 8 . ?? Dollars…. Now it’s 7 something! That’s kinda lame but whatever. It’s unfortunately the only game in the sale I’m super interested in this week. Barring wild arms and patapon

+ oomalay on March 5th, 2013 at 7:56 am said:

Vita made me discover my favorite game of all time – Persona 4 (which I missed on PS2), so I’m glad I bought one.

+ TwinDad on March 5th, 2013 at 8:00 am said:

I can understand the confusion as the post does not state the when, it only states this week. However the PSN store does not updates price or content at midnight, there might be the once in a lifetime midnight update, but it almost never happens. They update the store on Tuesday at a random time between noon-8pm Pacific Time (PST). They will post on the blog when the update is complete. That is your queue to head to the store and download the new and/or free content.

+ mattdupree on March 5th, 2013 at 8:38 am said:

I’m sitting here with my Vita, and Patapon says it costs 9.99$.
What gives?
Out of the entire list Patapon is the only one I care about.

+ Rezolution77 on March 5th, 2013 at 9:25 am said:

First off , love my PSVita.

Secondly, I have loved Sony electronics and Squaresoft since their conception.

But alot is to say about your “support”.

At the head of the list would be your serious issue with lack of information of discounts, time limits, and when they take place.

An example
I bought Playstation Allstars at the begining of the month, almost considering adding the plus membetship for the discount.
Now this week we have more sales, and a few free to those that have plus memberships
(although no way of knowing it, and if a patch will disallow them in the future).
In addition that there may be even more sales,
on some of the more sought after games further in the month.

Point being, that had ( I ) known what the future held, ( I ) would have possibly bought a membership to my faith in your “support”, had this not been a trend that has reoccured.

I respect that it has definately improved, and hope sales quotos are not the only driving force.

+ TwinDad on March 5th, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

@mattdupree

Check the comment above you, while I concede that I did say it only said this week, I now see it says start tomorrow. They won’t update the price until the store publishes, which will be later today sometime. Look for a post by Grace Chen that says “Store update”, then you can download what you want.

+ BlueBl1zzard on March 5th, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

@ Rezolution77 That’s just one of the benefits of PS Plus, you don’t really know what discounts you’ll be getting out the gate, but you can be sure you’ll get something. By the way if I’m reading the post correctly, the 4 free games aren’t plus exclusive they are available to all vita owners.

+ TALLglassofWATER on March 5th, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

yes, the four free games are for everyone, not just plus subscribers. Morgan said so in the plus update post.

+ TALLglassofWATER on March 5th, 2013 at 10:56 am said:

However, plus is getting a rather juicy update this month too.

+ boxmyth on March 5th, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

My favorite game of 2012 across all systems was Dokuro. Highly recommended.

+ MIKE_HONCHO1610 on March 5th, 2013 at 11:33 am said:

I cant even find patapon for free

+ DaveFried81 on March 5th, 2013 at 11:53 am said:

No free games listed on the Vita. It says the 5th, but usually it is past 5 PM when it updates. Whenever retail games drop on the PSN store, they dont show up until I come home from work at 6 PM…I bet it will be later on! Hold those horses fellow Vita owners! Patapon is definitely a winner :) Now only if PEace Walker was discounted :)

+ GabbyAmethyst on March 5th, 2013 at 12:09 pm said:

how do i download the free patapon game?

+ KaRamo2482 on March 5th, 2013 at 12:26 pm said:

i can’t find any of the free games, they are there but you have to buy them how come it hasn’t updated yet.

+ xrobertojr on March 5th, 2013 at 1:06 pm said:

Hello, I am currently in my Psvita play station store and when I go too patapon (psp) there is a price still…. Do I need to do something special or access it somewhere else?

+ reianne0812 on March 5th, 2013 at 1:42 pm said:

I’m a PS Plus member and when I checked my playstion store in my vita, I can’t see the free and discounted games. Can somebody please help. Thank you.

+ SideShowBob426 on March 5th, 2013 at 2:00 pm said:

@119
idk you’re on your own for that one just get something you think is worth it because it seems like this trend might continue at least hopefully for the rest of march you still have a few hours before everything is changed

for everyone else still wondering why they cant get the free game or games on sale just wait till somewhere between noon-8pm Pacific Time (PST) like 131 twindad said i think when they post blogs like this they should tell people dont stay up waiting for the store to change or if we get sales on the 5th tell people the 6th so when they get on PSN everything is updated from the day before it gives people a shorter time to take advantages of theses deals but not too significantly compared to us waiting from the time this was posted to the time we actually get the update and purchase the content

+ RKuefler on March 5th, 2013 at 2:22 pm said:

When does this start, midnight?

+ BlueBl1zzard on March 5th, 2013 at 2:47 pm said:

As SideShowBob426 and TwinDad has said, the sale and free games become available with today’s PS Store update (anytime between 5PM-9PM EST). It will be the same for sales in the future.

+ Mistressvampyra on March 5th, 2013 at 3:24 pm said:

I don’t see it none of these games are on sale and there aren’t any free ones when does the store update it self?

+ caspergodsent616 on March 5th, 2013 at 3:42 pm said:

im clicking on the wild arms game and still says i have to pay..guys can i have some help..i go to psn to download it and still nothing…what can i do

+ vutrong on March 5th, 2013 at 3:48 pm said:

Wild arms still show 5.99 in the store for me(as with all the other free games) how can I dl it?