PS4 - Destiny

PlayStation Plus: Dokuro Marches to PS Vita’s Instant Game Collection

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Jul 29, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

We’re putting the finishing touches on July’s PlayStation Plus lineup by welcoming Dokuro! The PS Vita exclusive that captured the hearts of many can be yours, free as part of your PS Plus membership. Also, PixelJunk Monsters: Ultimate HD for PS Vita is on sale for its launch week!

With all the PS Vita love, our friends at Rockstar decided to balance things out by putting a huge discount on one of the most intense action games of 2012. PS Plus members can grab Max Payne 3 for $7.99, or the Ultimate Edition for just $11.99. Action game lovers who may have not been able to play it last year: do not miss this one.

The clock is ticking to grab the PS Plus preorder discount on PlayStation Store PLAY titles, like Ibb and Obb and DuckTales Remastered. You can only snag those discounts by preordering.

Read on for this week’s full PS Plus lineup, and we’ll see you next week for the reveal of August’s Instant Game Collection additions!

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

Dokuro (PS Vita)

Regular Price: $13.99, Free for PS Plus members

Dokuro
Dokuro is a stoic, little skeleton who is a mere peon in the Dark Lord’s army. One fateful day he witnesses his master returning with a helplessly abducted Princess he intends to force into marriage. At once smitten by her plight, Dokuro resolves to free her from the Dark Lord’s treacherous, monster-infested castle. Along the way, Dokuro must switch between his Skeleton and Hero forms to utilize his various skills and abilities. While the Skeleton form allows him to stalk about in the shadows and ensure her safe passage, the Hero form enables him to mount a gallant offensive against the armies of darkness!
PixelJunk Monsters: Ultimate HD (PS Vita)

Regular Price: $14.99; PS Plus Price: $11.99

PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD
The definitive PixelJunk Monsters experience! Tikiman the Forest Defender is in trouble. Hordes of monsters are sweeping through his realm, hoping to chow down on his offspring – and it’s up to you to defend them. Whether you’ve played the original, or have never taken PixelJunk Monsters for a spin before, this is an amazing way to experience a classic PSN game.
Max Payne 3 Sale (PS3)

Max Payne 3 – Regular Price: $39.99; PS Store Sale Price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $7.99
Max Payne 3 Ultimate Edition – Regular Price: $69.99; PS Store Sale Price: $14.99; PS Plus Price: $11.99

Max Payne 3
For Max Payne, the tragedies that took his loved ones years ago are wounds that refuse to heal. No longer a cop, close to washed up and addicted to pain killers, Max takes a job in São Paulo, Brazil, protecting the family of wealthy real estate mogul Rodrigo Branco, in an effort to finally escape his troubled past. But as events spiral out of his control, Max Payne finds himself alone on the streets of an unfamiliar city, desperately searching for the truth and fighting for a way out.

Last Chance (Leaving on 8/6)

Instant Game Collection
Battlefield 3

Discounts
Thomas Was Alone: Benjamin’s Flight
Ibb & Obb Preorder

You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates on 7/30. We’ll be back next week with more details on the game arriving to the Instant Game Collection as well as any other benefits we can share.

If you’ve got feedback or thoughts on today’s Plus update, leave them below, or, if you’re looking to engage with more of the PS community, make sure you head over to the PlayStation Community to discuss this week’s news, find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 7-30-2013

PAGE 1 2 3 4 8

+ FMF on July 29th, 2013 at 9:14 am said:

Great deal on Max Payne 3! Will any of the DLC be on sale? Thanks.

+ ratchetdude231 on July 29th, 2013 at 9:15 am said:

the past 2 weeks haven’t been very good instead of giving us only ps vita games for the last 2 weeks why don’t you give us a ps3 game and a vita game nothing for me next week hopefully next month well be good

+ cyber_writer on July 29th, 2013 at 9:16 am said:

Yes! The much anticipated Dokuro!

Now the question is: when will we get to know August’s PS Plus lineup? :)

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on July 29th, 2013 at 9:23 am said:

next week!

+ rustohariken on July 29th, 2013 at 9:17 am said:

Played max payne 3 before, but sure i wont skip this disc! Whats new feature in ultimate edtition?
Great job Morgan! More discounts pls :-)
Igc wish list
Ultimate marvel capcom
Street fighter x tekken
Both for vita

+ T1NGO on July 29th, 2013 at 9:18 am said:

Max Payne 3 por tan solo $7.99 en verdad que es demasiado bueno para dejarlo pasar.Me gustaría saber que incluye la versión completa porque solo me interesa la campaña.

+ terrencec06 on July 29th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

Can’t wait to play Dokuro. Might pick up Monsters, out of room on the memory card (I know I can just put it on my download list for later). That’s also a great price for MP3, already own the disc version though. Yall also have been doing a great job with PS Plus lately keep it up. Been along for the road since day one. It was pretty rough in the beginning.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on July 29th, 2013 at 9:23 am said:

appreciate the support!

+ cyber_writer on July 29th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

Ah, ok. I just read that we will get to know more about August’s lineup next week.

+ cube50 on July 29th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

I don’t own a PS Vita :(

+ DJRWarEagle90 on July 29th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

Does the PixelJunk come with the DLC or just the standard game? I’ll be picking this one up regardless had a blast on PS3! Also Dokuro is a welcome since i never picked it up. Seriously + has been delivering like no other keep up the amazing work!

+ helbertpina on July 29th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

Fingers crossed for Okami in August’s IGC lineup! :D

+ DecadanceFantasy on July 29th, 2013 at 9:21 am said:

Dokuro looks like it’d be fun to play. I still need to work on VLR too! Thanks for the awesome games!
I hope we can get New Little King’s Story soon, I never got to play it on Wii so I’m excited for it on the PS Vita. Trophies and all. Something to strive for.

+ tylerh1701 on July 29th, 2013 at 9:23 am said:

Just a quick +1 about not more PSP games in the IGC. I know I’ve left my feedback before, but I’m seeing it brought up a lot again here so thought I’d chime in.

Thanks! Already own Dokuro unfortunately but it’s a great game to include in the IGC this week. Great job!

+ Ryumoau on July 29th, 2013 at 9:23 am said:

Also any plans to let us finally start preordering the digital version of Tales of Xilia tomorrow? EU store has had it available for reserve for weeks, along with Assasin’s Creed 4 and Watch Dogs.
Why is NA store so slow with this stuff?

+ FMF on July 29th, 2013 at 9:24 am said:

I just saw Matheus comment, BomberMan ultra was already in plus so please don’t put that in there again

+ ishralene09 on July 29th, 2013 at 9:24 am said:

Ah good thing I held up on buying Dokuro. Now I’m getting it for free!

Please don’t put Soul Sacrifice on IGC.

Any chance we see P4G on the IGC? I’d buy it, but as it is now I still don’t have it.

+ jeffsmither on July 29th, 2013 at 9:26 am said:

Whats in the Max Payne 3 Ultimate Edition, thats not in the regular edition?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on July 29th, 2013 at 9:27 am said:

From what I udnerstand it includes the Rockstar Pass which gets you access to the DLC included in the pass.

+ purse317 on July 29th, 2013 at 9:26 am said:

MP3 on sale again I brought it last time it was on sale. how about we get a sale like Europe has going on now or at least 3 full ps3 titles for the month of August

EU Agust Playstation Plus

31st July: Need for Speed: Most Wanted
31st July: Mafia 2
31st July: Spec Ops: The Line
31st July: Lego Lord of the Rings
31st July: When Vikings Attack!

+ nysmokey on July 29th, 2013 at 9:28 am said:

Ooo and for the people who has not played maxpayne its a great game actually awesome when you master the slow motion effect if you buy which I hope you do sign up at rock star social club you can create a clan watch out for MiLF NatioN we never Lose Lmfao,,as for duty we need sum talented players Not boosters!!! xGr8 is our tag!!anyone with at least a 1.25 kd can join look us up Legit players only!!! Find us at cod elite request to join and make sure to link ps3 to elite,,, full name is expect greatness,,,,tag is xGr8

+ thelookey6 on July 29th, 2013 at 9:29 am said:

why is
uncharted
wipeout
gravity rush

still in the vita IGC

and how come other region get real vita title and we do not

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on July 29th, 2013 at 9:31 am said:

Dokuro, Uncharted, Wipeout, and Gravity Rush aren’t…real…Vita titles?…not sure what to tell ya man!

However, the games you mentioend are part of the regular PS Vita IGC for a longer term, similar to how UC3, XCOM,a and Little Big Planet Karting are for PS3. We like to keep those titles around for various reasons, but as you’ll see, we rotate in 2 titles playable on PS Vita every month.

+ Shadowtroops on July 29th, 2013 at 9:29 am said:

Please no more psp games for the Igc… The worst Vita titles are better then any psp game out there. Unit 13 is a game people would be very pleased with.

+ enJoy69r on July 29th, 2013 at 9:29 am said:

Great update, Max Payne definitively a buy great surprise, I seems almost as a rental, great deals and games this month!
I made a last month comment feedback balance, I just wanted to know how it all pan out, there is not as much negativity, it’s just that negative comments make such a big impression…. it seems that is better to give nothing to vita users rather than give them a psn/ psp vita game :P… that seems to piss them off and make them very vocal!

July 1
(July Preview, Battlefield 3 (PS3), Summer Blast 2013 Sale (PS3))
neutral 7%
negative 19%
positive 48%
unrelated 26%

July 8
(Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee HD (PS3), Summer Blast 2013 Sale (PS3))
neutral 5%
negative 16%
positive 42%
unrelated 37%

July 15
(Jet Set Radio (PS3), Ducktales Remastered (PS3), Stealth Inc. A Clone in the Dark (PS3 and PS Vita – Cross Buy), Cloudberry Kingdom (PS3), Sorcery (PS3), Carnival Island (PS3), Draw Slasher (PS Vita))
neutral 1%
negative 38%
positive 25%
unrelated 36%

July 22
( Metal Slug XX (PSP, PS Vita Compatible), Thomas Was Alone: Benjamin’s Flight (Cross-Buy) )
neutral 5%
negative 34%
positive 24%
unrelated 36%”

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on July 29th, 2013 at 9:33 am said:

lol; you should be a community manager! Yes you’re right, negative comments tend to attract they eye more (it’s just how the inernet works I guess), but you’re seing what we normally see which is by and large, Plus members are overall happy with the service. However, that’s not to say that we don’t listen to the critiques that people might have week to week. It’s what keeps us on our toes!

+ thelookey6 on July 29th, 2013 at 9:34 am said:

yes uncharted ,wipeout and gravity rush are real vita tittle but why are they still there in the igc?
they should have been rotated by now.

and i am sure you know what i am talking about when i say we want real vita games

uncharted ,wipeout and gravity rush do not count since we already downloaded those when vita launched with IGC

+ remanutd5 on July 29th, 2013 at 9:34 am said:

As a passionate psvita owner and playstation subscriber im with all the people that DONT want psp games being offered on psvita plus, please no more psp games, im not interested in playing a single one, i have played all the psp games i wanted to play when i owned a psp so now i just want to play psvita games, i know its not about me but thats just what i want, thanks.

+ Ghostwize on July 29th, 2013 at 9:34 am said:

Want to buy Okami HD. Plus member hesitation initiate!

+ purse317 on July 29th, 2013 at 9:34 am said:

MP is great

BUT IT’S BEEN ON SALE OR PLUS MEMBERS BEFORE. i KNOW BECAUSE i BROUGHT IT BACK THEN

+ thelookey6 on July 29th, 2013 at 9:37 am said:

they should have been rotated by now.

and when i said why cant we get real vita titles that statement is in regards to all the psp titles they you guys give us

+ remanutd5 on July 29th, 2013 at 9:38 am said:

ModNation Racers Road Trip, Rayman, Unit 13, Resistance Burning Skies, Escape Plan, Little Big Planet, Oddworld Stranger’s Wrath HD, Sonic&All Stars Racing Transformed and more psvita games could benefit from being on the IGC thank you. NO MORE PSP GAMES.

+ IzoGray on July 29th, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

I understand that PSP games are not leaving the lineup anytime soon so how about you put some of those actual quality titles in PS+ like I said. How hard could it be to get Sony published PSP games in PS+???

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on July 29th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

It’s a really good thought there, thank you!

+ iuhawkeyelaw on July 29th, 2013 at 9:43 am said:

I am really sick of people saying no more PSP games. The PSP has a huge library and many of the games are really very good. A good game is a good game, and it does not matter what platform it was on originally. Just because it is from an older system does not mean it is inferior.

+ myPSismyfriend on July 29th, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

I’m not saying psp games have to go away completely, but could we space it out when we get them? For example we could get a psp game and a vita game in July and then in August have 2 vita games.

+ MAXIMO273 on July 29th, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

The ultimate edition of Max Payne is an excellent value. My question is with the discount as low as it is will Max Payne 1 still be part of the ultimate edition? If so then i’m definitely jumping on that copy when i get some cash in this week.

+ ioshi_US on July 29th, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

thanks for the dokuro, really great update for vita user and….
NO MORE PSP GAMES

+ purse317 on July 29th, 2013 at 9:49 am said:

@79

You’re right the psp was awesome and has some great games that’s why I have one.

I brought my Vita for Vita games and renewed my plus subscription for VITA games not psp gsp games Ialready own or have played.

+ RoII_chan on July 29th, 2013 at 9:51 am said:

DOKURO is a GREAT game! ^_^
Hey Haro, do you think we can have any sale (or even IGC) for Corpse Party games? =)

+ Trunks on July 29th, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

How long will Persona 4 for the Vita be $19.99? I’m really just curious if it will still be on sale after the update tomorrow, thanks!

+ navcomm81 on July 29th, 2013 at 9:55 am said:

Nice to see a free PS Vita title this week, rather than a PSP yet Vita compatible one. :)

Max Payne 3 is a great deal if you like the game, but I played my roommates copy earlier this year and hated it. :(

+ Ghostwize on July 29th, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

Will there be other weekly deals not spotlighted here? That is a killer deal on MP3!

+ fede01_8 on July 29th, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

Max Payne 3 was $20 like two months ago with the Ultimate Edition deals and now is cheaper. I hate when that happens. That’s extra money that could have gone to another game :/

+ T1NGO on July 29th, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

+ Morgan Haro on July 29th, 2013 at 9:26 am said:

Yo creo que es el juego con el season pass. Es todo, pero tiene que comprarlo en este precio!

Thank you Morgan, that was pretty fast, yes the game bundle with the season pass,I’m going to think about it.
Muchas gracias Morgan.

+ UnrealButcher on July 29th, 2013 at 10:10 am said:

Was the survey only available to people that actually own a Vita? Because the PS+ surveys let me answer questions that are directed to PS3 owners and I don’t own one personally. I do however try to answer the PS3 questions as neutral as possible, but I can see people trolling the questions for fun.

Or they don’t have a Vita and figure they can take advantage of it on their PSP. Remember how PSP owners took advantage of the Vita’s 1 year anniversary free games, downloading them to their PSP’s? So, I can’t imagine the survey is without errors.

I could see people saying they’d take a PSP game if there aren’t PS Vita games available, but the longer the Vita is out, the more Vita games there should be available to add. Like I’ve said, “If Sony wants to be generous and add a PSP game as an extra entry after the 2 Vita titles, then more power to them.”

+ UnrealButcher on July 29th, 2013 at 10:11 am said:

I can’t wait for PS+ on PS4, I mean come on it will be great, PS3 games each month posted to PS4’s list of PS+ titles. AWESOME!!! Just messing with you Morgan. ;)

+ thelookey6 on July 29th, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

@ UnrealButcher
when ps+ for ps4 comes out it will ps2 games for the igc

+ ocray on July 29th, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

I bought a ps vita to play vita games not psp games!! Most of these people who are enjoying psp games because they own psp and most likely don’t own vita so please stop feeding us lies. Maybe the vita wouldn’t be a flop if you guys had faith in the handheld :(

+ Elvick_ on July 29th, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

I want PSP games, so shoo with your bad suggestions users.

+ tbx59 on July 29th, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

I would love an excuse to buy a vita. But, it’s certainly overpriced in the market and the way to make up for that with ps+ games just gives me a bunch of games I have on psp or didn’t want to play back then. There is zero incentive to buy a vita now; boy, I wish there was.

+ BlueBl1zzard on July 29th, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

Nice update, will definitely pick up dokuro, and I’m keeping my eye on that Max Payne 3 sale (but I’ll have to clear out some HDD space frist).

My 2¢ on the PSP game debate……
Not everyone with ps plus has a vita, so I’m sure psp owners appreciate the plus team showing them some love once in a while as well. On top of that, PS plus gives me a chance to experience games I may never had considered playing (including psp titles).

As always thanks plus team!

+ firebert42 on July 29th, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

Thanks for the stacked discount on Max Payne! Good to see Dokuro in the IGC. You are appreciated, Plus team.

+ Mando44646 on July 29th, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

I’m happy to see a focus on Vita a bit this week for once. But I’d much prefer full Vita games to only PSN games and PSP games

+ thelookey6 on July 29th, 2013 at 10:24 am said:

@+ BlueBl1zzard
lo ps+ is for vita and ps3 only. there is no such thing a a psp playstation plus subscription

+ thelookey6 on July 29th, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

@+ BlueBl1zzard
lo ps+ is for vita and ps3 only. there is no such thing a psp playstation plus subscription

we knew all you guys that are happy to get a psp games does not own a vita .if playstation plus was for psp you would be able to buy a sub straight from your psp via the psp store

PAGE 1 2 3 4 8