Driveclub

This Week in PlayStation

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Jan 26, 2014 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

Hey everyone! I hope you’re having a great, game-filled weekend.

OlliOlli came out on Tuesday, and I don’t know about you but it’s literally the only thing I’ve been able to play all week long. By the way, I wrote a handy tips guide, for newcomers and advanced players alike! I hope you like it ~

The PS Vita PLAY sale is in full effect, nabbing you extra discounts if you buy more than one of the included games: OlliOlli, Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z, Dustforce(!!!) and TxK. Ryan went hands-on with the upcoming Strider reboot on PS4, Square Enix deployed a fresh demo for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII and more.

I’m gonna go ahead and say this week’s Blogcast is a good one, too. Go listen to it.

What are you playing? (Say OlliOlli.)

• I’m playing: OlliOlli, OlliOlli, OlliOlli
  • I’m watching: Dredd (SO. GOOD.)
  • I’m listening to: Tearaway Soundtrack, Dustforce Soundtrack

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

+ CJ_vzla on January 26th, 2014 at 10:40 am said:

where is the PSplus preview for february?

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on January 26th, 2014 at 10:41 am said:

It’s coming! We usually get the PS Plus preview out on the last Thursday of the month.

+ TheExiled12894 on January 26th, 2014 at 10:42 am said:

I’ll be grabbing DBZ Battle of Z for Vita this Tuesday which also happens to be my birthday ^_^

+ DarkLikes on January 26th, 2014 at 10:49 am said:

Any chance of North America getting a Final Fantasy Sale?

+ yazter on January 26th, 2014 at 10:57 am said:

When is firmware 1.60 coming out? It’s frustrating waiting 2+ months for some very basic and rudimentary features..

+ Vyprstryke on January 26th, 2014 at 11:03 am said:

Where can I find the Dustforce soundtrack? :-)

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on January 26th, 2014 at 11:07 am said:

You can find it here, and it’s amazing.

+ Rabzinatorz on January 26th, 2014 at 11:14 am said:

Nothing to say about Tomb Raider?

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on January 26th, 2014 at 11:36 am said:

I am PUMPED for Tomb Raider! You can bet I’ll be talking about it in next week’s recap. :)

+ Statik19 on January 26th, 2014 at 1:29 pm said:

I’m playing F2F XIII-2 (I want to finish before Lightning Returns is released).

I’m Netflixing American Horror Story (Season 2)

I’m listening to Dustin Kensrue ‘The Water & The Blood’

+ Aruwaki on January 26th, 2014 at 2:59 pm said:

I can’t wait to see next week the new PS+ preview. Doubtful the new PS+ lineup can surpass this month, it was a great month for PS+ members just hoping new titles for PS4. Thanks for Brothers again.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on January 27th, 2014 at 10:41 pm said:

This month was ridiculous! I haven’t seen next month’s lineup yet, so I’m just as excited to see what’s coming up as you are.

+ sleeKSP3 on January 26th, 2014 at 4:12 pm said:

Could we please get sale on Final Fantasy games, just like Europe is having?

+ kujimthd on January 26th, 2014 at 4:35 pm said:

when are you going to fix red dead redemption

+ PanTheMan16 on January 26th, 2014 at 5:25 pm said:

So, Justin, I’m just wondering ‘What You’re Reading’. :: hint hint, nudge nudge ::

+ Void_Incarnate on January 26th, 2014 at 5:53 pm said:

Hehe, gla to see you’re enjoying OlliOlli too, Justin.

BTW, anyone having issues with the game? I picked it up a couple days ago, and it’s already crashed on me 4 times already. First crash was literally 5 minutes after first launching the game, and I’ve had 3 crashes today already.

If this keeps up, I hope Roll7 comes up with a patch or hotfix for the game soon…

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on January 27th, 2014 at 10:45 pm said:

Roll7 has acknowledged that some players are experiencing crashes on their Twitter page, and they’ve said they’re working on a patch to fix it. Until then, it seems some players are having luck playing with Flight Mode enabled on their Vitas. I’d advise keeping an eye on Roll7′s Twitter for more news. :)

+ Void_Incarnate on January 26th, 2014 at 5:57 pm said:

PS loved DREDD, too. Karl Urban is fan-frickin’tastic and Lena Heady just keeps going from strength to strength. It’s such a shame The Sarah Connor Chronicles got axed so early, because she was great in that as well.

Ppl keep comparing DREDD to The Raid, and I for one don’t see it. The Raid was a great action movie, especially given its low budget, but other than the barest similarity in plot outline (law enforcement attacks a drug safehouse), does not (to my eyes) resemble DREDD any futher. Still worth checking out The Raid if you get a chance, though.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on January 27th, 2014 at 10:46 pm said:

Both killer (hah) movies, and I just saw both for the first time within the last month! Dredd in 3D was amaaaaaaazing.

+ ShardYu on January 26th, 2014 at 6:46 pm said:

@12 I’m having issues with my OlliOlli too! Keeps crashing every time I play. It’s a great game but I stop playing because of that problem. I experienced 10 game crashes already and it saddens me.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on January 27th, 2014 at 10:47 pm said:

Keep an eye on Roll7′s Twitter page — they’ve said they’re working on a patch to fix that. Until then, it looks like some players have had luck playing with Flight Mode enabled on their Vitas.

+ MrSignal on January 26th, 2014 at 8:07 pm said:

Dredd was great. Such a shame there likely won’t be a sequel.

It’s also a shame that most seem to think that they ripped the plot off of Raid:Redemption.
The screenplay for Dredd was out long before it could finish post-production.

+ Jays1Fan on January 27th, 2014 at 4:19 pm said:

Hey Justin ,
Speaking of Tomb Raider , whats the chance we will get TR Chronicles ( PSone Classic ) on the PSN Store ?
Also , any chance of a Complete Tomb Raider sale like they did for Final Fantasy ?

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on January 27th, 2014 at 10:47 pm said:

I haven’t heard of anything like that, but if that ends up being a thing we’ll let ya know on the Blog.

+ rabidninjamonky on January 28th, 2014 at 1:51 pm said:

@ Justin I checked out your list last night, and I watched both of those 1 1/2 hour long videos! The eggplant run was amazing, but that Macintosh demonstration was one of the coolest things I’ve seen in a long time. Seriously! I couldn’t stop watching it. I need a Lisa 2/10 now!! Oh, and I can’t wait until Nintendo merges with Sony and give’s me Windwaker HD on my Vita! Sonytendo(The name could use some work) will take over the world!

+ Vyprstryke on January 31st, 2014 at 9:04 am said:

@Justin thanks for the link! Just bought it! Heard the music in one of the videos I saw of the game and decided I needed to find that OST. Should be fun!!