Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Jan 26

Jan 26

This Week in PlayStation

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

Hey everyone! I hope you’re having a great, game-filled weekend.

OlliOlli came out on Tuesday, and I don’t know about you but it’s literally the only thing I’ve been able to play all week long. By the way, I wrote a handy tips guide, for newcomers and advanced players alike! I hope you like it ~

The PS Vita PLAY sale is in full effect, nabbing you extra discounts if you buy more than one of the included games: OlliOlli, Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z, Dustforce(!!!) and TxK. Ryan went hands-on with the upcoming Strider reboot on PS4, Square Enix deployed a fresh demo for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII and more.

I’m gonna go ahead and say this week’s Blogcast is a good one, too. Go listen to it.

What are you playing? (Say OlliOlli.)

• I’m playing: OlliOlli, OlliOlli, OlliOlli
  • I’m watching: Dredd (SO. GOOD.)
  • I’m listening to: Tearaway Soundtrack, Dustforce Soundtrack

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

Add Your Own

CJ_vzla said:

January 26th, 10:40 am

where is the PSplus preview for february?

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

January 26th, 10:41 am

It’s coming! We usually get the PS Plus preview out on the last Thursday of the month.

TheExiled12894 said:

January 26th, 10:42 am

I’ll be grabbing DBZ Battle of Z for Vita this Tuesday which also happens to be my birthday ^_^

DarkLikes said:

January 26th, 10:49 am

Any chance of North America getting a Final Fantasy Sale?

yazter said:

January 26th, 10:57 am

When is firmware 1.60 coming out? It’s frustrating waiting 2+ months for some very basic and rudimentary features..

Vyprstryke said:

January 26th, 11:03 am

Where can I find the Dustforce soundtrack? :-)

Rabzinatorz said:

January 26th, 11:14 am

Nothing to say about Tomb Raider?

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

January 26th, 11:36 am

I am PUMPED for Tomb Raider! You can bet I’ll be talking about it in next week’s recap. :)

Statik19 said:

January 26th, 1:29 pm

I’m playing F2F XIII-2 (I want to finish before Lightning Returns is released).

I’m Netflixing American Horror Story (Season 2)

I’m listening to Dustin Kensrue ‘The Water & The Blood’

Aruwaki said:

January 26th, 2:59 pm

I can’t wait to see next week the new PS+ preview. Doubtful the new PS+ lineup can surpass this month, it was a great month for PS+ members just hoping new titles for PS4. Thanks for Brothers again.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

January 27th, 10:41 pm

This month was ridiculous! I haven’t seen next month’s lineup yet, so I’m just as excited to see what’s coming up as you are.

sleeKSP3 said:

January 26th, 4:12 pm

Could we please get sale on Final Fantasy games, just like Europe is having?

kujimthd said:

January 26th, 4:35 pm

when are you going to fix red dead redemption

PanTheMan16 said:

January 26th, 5:25 pm

So, Justin, I’m just wondering ‘What You’re Reading’. :: hint hint, nudge nudge ::

Void_Incarnate said:

January 26th, 5:53 pm

Hehe, gla to see you’re enjoying OlliOlli too, Justin.

BTW, anyone having issues with the game? I picked it up a couple days ago, and it’s already crashed on me 4 times already. First crash was literally 5 minutes after first launching the game, and I’ve had 3 crashes today already.

If this keeps up, I hope Roll7 comes up with a patch or hotfix for the game soon…

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

January 27th, 10:45 pm

Roll7 has acknowledged that some players are experiencing crashes on their Twitter page, and they’ve said they’re working on a patch to fix it. Until then, it seems some players are having luck playing with Flight Mode enabled on their Vitas. I’d advise keeping an eye on Roll7’s Twitter for more news. :)

Void_Incarnate said:

January 26th, 5:57 pm

PS loved DREDD, too. Karl Urban is fan-frickin’tastic and Lena Heady just keeps going from strength to strength. It’s such a shame The Sarah Connor Chronicles got axed so early, because she was great in that as well.

Ppl keep comparing DREDD to The Raid, and I for one don’t see it. The Raid was a great action movie, especially given its low budget, but other than the barest similarity in plot outline (law enforcement attacks a drug safehouse), does not (to my eyes) resemble DREDD any futher. Still worth checking out The Raid if you get a chance, though.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

January 27th, 10:46 pm

Both killer (hah) movies, and I just saw both for the first time within the last month! Dredd in 3D was amaaaaaaazing.

ShardYu said:

January 26th, 6:46 pm

@12 I’m having issues with my OlliOlli too! Keeps crashing every time I play. It’s a great game but I stop playing because of that problem. I experienced 10 game crashes already and it saddens me.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

January 27th, 10:47 pm

Keep an eye on Roll7’s Twitter page — they’ve said they’re working on a patch to fix that. Until then, it looks like some players have had luck playing with Flight Mode enabled on their Vitas.

MrSignal said:

January 26th, 8:07 pm

Dredd was great. Such a shame there likely won’t be a sequel.

It’s also a shame that most seem to think that they ripped the plot off of Raid:Redemption.
The screenplay for Dredd was out long before it could finish post-production.

Jays1Fan said:

January 27th, 4:19 pm

Hey Justin ,
Speaking of Tomb Raider , whats the chance we will get TR Chronicles ( PSone Classic ) on the PSN Store ?
Also , any chance of a Complete Tomb Raider sale like they did for Final Fantasy ?

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

January 27th, 10:47 pm

I haven’t heard of anything like that, but if that ends up being a thing we’ll let ya know on the Blog.

rabidninjamonky said:

January 28th, 1:51 pm

@ Justin I checked out your list last night, and I watched both of those 1 1/2 hour long videos! The eggplant run was amazing, but that Macintosh demonstration was one of the coolest things I’ve seen in a long time. Seriously! I couldn’t stop watching it. I need a Lisa 2/10 now!! Oh, and I can’t wait until Nintendo merges with Sony and give’s me Windwaker HD on my Vita! Sonytendo(The name could use some work) will take over the world!

Vyprstryke said:

January 31st, 9:04 am

@Justin thanks for the link! Just bought it! Heard the music in one of the videos I saw of the game and decided I needed to find that OST. Should be fun!!