God of War

Mar 29

Mar 29

This Week in PlayStation: All the Games!

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

It’s been a very forward-looking week on PlayStation.Blog, from this list of every game coming to PS4 in 2014, to our first look at upcoming PS4 stunners Alien: Isolation and Batman: Arkham Knight, this year is shaping up pretty nicely so far!

The indie dimension-bender Fez and Destiny of Spirits are out now, Hatsune Miku is getting an encore in North America, we still love PlayStation developers (1,000 and counting!), April’s PS Plus Instant Game Collection got an official unveil, There’s a handy new PS Vita system software update available, and Ubisoft dropped a hot new trailer for Watch_Dogs that details the finer points of their futuristic Chicago.

Dark Souls II still rules my life — 45 hours in and I think I’m getting near the end… but I could be horribly, maddeningly wrong. Who else is playing? Have you finished it yet?

• I’m playing: Dark Souls II, Luftrausers
  • I’m watching: Seinfeld, Dark Souls II Twitch streams
  • I’m listening to: The TowerFall Ascension soundtrack (so good)

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

PlayStation Blogcast 114

Most-Watched Video of the Week

Add Your Own

Butters360 said:

March 29th, 5:12 pm

PS4’s list of games for 2014 is insane, looking forward to see how it evolves after E3, Gamescom, and TGS.

I’m Playing: Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, inFAMOUS: Second Son, Batman: Arkham City.

I’m Watching: How I Met Your Mother season 8 and Season 9.

I’m Listening to: ULTRA livestream.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

March 30th, 10:01 am

I’m a couple seasons behind on HIMYM. I feel left out with everybody talking about the upcoming finale. :(

FifthDream said:

March 29th, 5:15 pm

I’m superhappy about all the games i got on PSN this week.

And, man, Arkham Knight looks like it will be amazing. I already preordered it on the day it was announced. XD

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

March 30th, 10:01 am

Arkham Knight looks RIDICULOUSLY good. I can’t wait.

ECisMe said:

March 29th, 5:52 pm

The 2014 games list is a good start, but I need to see a lot more media functionality patched into the PS4 before I purchase one. Half my PS3’s use is as a media playback device (whether it’s DLNA stream or personal DivX files or Blu-Rays or MP3 CDs), and it’s far superior to the PS4 in this regard. I’m also hoping that the rumored support of PS1 and PS2 functionality on PS4 turns out to be true. With cross-buy support, that would make the buying decision a little easier.

I got my $400 right here, Sony. You want it? Earn it.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

March 30th, 10:04 am

Thanks for the feedback. We’re constantly looking to improve PS4, starting with some updates to the Share button and HDCP off functionality coming soon (check this post for details).

rabidninjamonky said:

March 29th, 6:02 pm

I’m playing: FFX HD on vita! It looks and plays so amazing that I don’t want it to end. I hope it sells well enough that they give us FF12 HD. I tried downloading Destiny of Spirits, but it didn’t work. First off it took about 2 hours to DL, then when I finally went to play it, it froze my vita and gave it the blue light of death. I googled it and fixed my vita thankfully, but I am scared to try to dl it again. This happen to anyone else?
I’m watching: Bates Motel and going to watch Sabotage tonight.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

March 30th, 10:05 am

Haven’t heard of that issue… if you keep seeing it hit up support and see if they know what’s going on.

Mobius2525 said:

March 29th, 6:13 pm

I’m playing: Dead Nation, inFAMOUS: Second Son
I’m watching: Hentai,kill la kill, strike the blood
I’m listening to: Nothing

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

March 30th, 10:06 am

Everybody on my Twitter has been talking about Kill la Kill. Worth checking out?

God-Of-Lyf said:

March 29th, 6:48 pm

Eh, believe it when I see it!

Im playing: Nothing on my PS4
Im watching: XBox 1 pass up Sony
Im listening to: Sony make empty promises

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

March 30th, 10:06 am

Thanks for taking the time to log in and comment!

Blacq_Soul said:

March 29th, 6:55 pm

keep up the good work playstation

I’m playing: ff14, infamous second son, rayman: legends
I’m watching: @god-of-lyf complain like a 3 year old girl
I’m listening to: @god-of-lyf a troll make nothing but complaints like he’s made great strides in his life

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

March 30th, 10:08 am

Thanks! I got about halfway through Legends before some other games came along… I should pick that back up.

PanTheMan16 said:

March 29th, 7:28 pm

If the 2014 games list will be updated, you guys should put the link somewhere so people can easily find it, otherwise it’ll just get lost in the blog.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

March 30th, 10:09 am

Good call! We’ve dropped it into a semi-permanent spot on the front page of the Blog, scroll down a touch and you’ll spot it. :)

MrSignal said:

March 29th, 8:02 pm

I’m really digging Fez(I’m somewhere around 130%).
That nice little bit of platforming heaven is getting a bit of love on my Vita.

Sorta sad that there likely isn’t gonna be a sequel.

Will you guys be doing a list for upcoming Vita games?

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

March 30th, 10:09 am

As soon as I’m through with Dark Souls II, it’s Fez time for me. Can’t wait!

ElectricSlurpee said:

March 29th, 9:59 pm

still no minute markers for topics, eh?

playing MGS:GZ / FFX & X2 Remaster
listening to: SirensCeol – The Method to the Madness
watching: walking dead, the americans

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

March 30th, 10:18 am

Sorry, it’s really hard! How about that Ground Zeroes though?

dlhdav7 said:

March 29th, 11:32 pm

@6 then go to the xbox blog ! We don’t want you here anyway !

barbob75 said:

March 29th, 11:55 pm

Im playing: infamous second son and warframe.
Im watching: yes minister and waiting for god on Amazon.
Im listening to: erland and stienjo on YouTube.
Im also eating cheesecake, love cheesecake.

StalkerD said:

March 30th, 2:56 am

Playing: The Walking Dead Complete Season One (PS Vita)
Watching: Mostly South Park and Seinfeld.
Listening: High Flying Birds.

Boe50 said:

March 30th, 4:51 am

Playing : I just platted inFamous SS so now Im back to Thief
Watching : Justified, Walking Dead, Amish Mafia, bitten
Listening to : Soundgarden, Alice in Chains
hey #6, do us all a favor and stick a fork in a nearby power outlet…troll

mastorofpuppetz said:

March 30th, 6:42 am

@6, how is x1 passing Sony?? X1 had titanfall then absolutely nothing until fall. PS4 had FF14, MLB the show, drive club, Bound by flame in 5 week period.

MS is charging 100 more for a weaker system for what basically amounts to voice command,s it also does not support DLNA right now.

PS4 is outselling x1 2:1 weekly. pLease explain how X1 is PASSING sony.

AizawaYuuichi said:

March 30th, 7:21 am

I’m playing: Ambition Mode in DW8:XL CE, Ys: Memories of Celceta
I’m watching: Archer S5, Men at Work S3
I’m listening to: Skillet’s “Rise”

fijski8 said:

March 30th, 8:31 am

I’m playing: FFX/X-2 HD vita/ FF 13-3 ps3/ Second Son ps4
I’m watching: Attack on Titan/ Netflix
I’m listening: Metallica/cd Nirvana/ MusicUnlimited.

Keep em coming!

PHEEliNUX said:

March 30th, 10:16 am

Playing:Pokèmon Y, On occasion Disgaea 4, Waiting for Raidou Kuzunoha
Watching:YouTube, Nothing really worth mentioning
Listening:Game Soundtrack remixes for most part and little of Imagine Dragons

TooLegit505 said:

March 30th, 11:45 am

I guess you guys are never going to get rid of PS Plus Vita games Uncharted, Wipeout, and Gravity Rush are you? I am so tired of seeing these games as free. Can’t you guys pick 3 more? Rotate them out? Something?
PLEASE GET THESE GAMES OFF PS PLUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TooLegit505 said:

March 30th, 12:14 pm

PS4 2014 games list: A bunch of super nintendo looking games and 2 truly next gen games, 1 of them will suck.

mastorofpuppetz said:

March 30th, 2:20 pm

@20, not even a smart troll.

Destiny
Infamous
FF14
MLb the show
Alien Isolation
Watch dogs
Dragon Age Inquisition
Assassins creed unity
Drive Club
The Order: 1886
Batman Arkham Knight

Do these look like Super nintendo game? Go buy an x1.

Lightning-lc said:

March 30th, 3:35 pm

I’m playing: Dark Souls, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy xiii
I’m watching: The Walking Dead
I’m listening to: U2

KISH1975 said:

March 31st, 10:20 pm

God-Of-Lyf you are funny , you know the 1404 x1 update made over 80% 0f the consoles that got the early update need a hard reset to switch any kind of disk and you know that it has been 3 weeks with no fix , just go to xbox.com forums and they have a update page that is updated every day with new info for the disk drive issue , Plus in the past month my x1 has gotten titanfall that’s it my ps4 has dynasty warriors 8 , second son , putty , and around 5 more digital only games so I say my ps4 is killing the x1 on the gaming side of it and that is why I bought the systems not to watch Netflix but then again the ps4 even has pre download digital releases starting in April were the Xbox cant even fix there disk drive lol . Actually it’s not funny because I wasted $600 on a system that keeps making a mess of things every time a new update is released so step back and look at the whole picture and the x1 is drowning in problems and no games .