LittleBigPlanet 3

PlayStation Blogcast 127: Hohokum No Cry

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Jul 20, 2014 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Planes, trains, and Hohokum-mobiles! Far Cry 4 writer CJ Kershner and Hohokum senior producer Zach Wood serve up two piping hot interviews on this week’s beefy show. Plus: New PlayStation releases for July 22nd, hands on with The Last of Us Remastered, riveting elephant talk, and a pile of letters.

Subscribe via iTunes or RSS, or download here

Stuff We Talked About

• Far Cry 4
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Oddworld New ‘N’ Tasty
  • Hohokum
  • Riding elephants to dinner

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com or leave a voice message! 650-288-6706

The Cast

+ BossmanCCrowder1 on July 20th, 2014 at 8:43 pm said:

Always enjoy Hohohohohohohokum talk.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on July 21st, 2014 at 10:44 am said:

Ho ho ho!

+ BlindMango on July 20th, 2014 at 9:53 pm said:

So funny story, I was literally replaying Bioshock Infinite to get some trophies while listening to the podcast, and that’s when Sid mentioned on the podcast that you could unlock the framerate, and I was like, “wait, what??” and sure enough I went to settings and he’s correct! I’ve been to the settings several times in this game and for some reason looked over that feature… lol I guess I really am blind! =P Thanks Sid! lol

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on July 21st, 2014 at 10:45 am said:

Nice! I was referring to the first game; didn’t know it was in Infinite. Booyah!

+ TwinDad on July 21st, 2014 at 8:12 am said:

The last few episodes where Sid rules the time schedule with an iron fist, at first bothered me, a extra minute or two of movie talk wouldn’t hurt. Now I find myself in a very similar position. I’m the president of a non-profit company, and during the board meetings I find myself having to cut conversations short to keep to the schedule. You don’t want to go to long, but yet need to discuss the topic. I’ll listen tonight, thank you for your dream project, another blogcast episode.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on July 21st, 2014 at 10:45 am said:

LOL. That’s a pretty cool gig!

+ Mercenary09 on July 21st, 2014 at 9:10 am said:

Another great episode guys! The Home improvement stuff had me laughing like crazy.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on July 21st, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

+ gor1llap1mp on July 21st, 2014 at 9:41 am said:

Guys, what is up? Who comes up with these titles Hohokum No Cry, very creative, I Like!

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on July 21st, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

That was my handiwork

+ gor1llap1mp on July 21st, 2014 at 9:47 am said:

One request though, more interviews. It would be great to hear Gustavo Santaolalla talk about his work in The Last of Us.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on July 21st, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

Yeah, agreed. One of these days!

+ NorgishChef on July 21st, 2014 at 10:58 am said:

Why does the “our podcast” tab on the page no longer lead to the actual podcast page?

+ MrPonuraski on July 21st, 2014 at 11:32 am said:

#Suikoden2onPSStore

+ ZQuestion on July 21st, 2014 at 11:40 am said:

Needs a weekly running joke.. I am just saying.. Do I need to get on this or something?

+ ColonelOCorn on July 21st, 2014 at 12:32 pm said:

Sid, someone asked a verrrry verrrry pertinent question in Ryan’s thread – about Ratchet & Clank being cross buy. When I first signed up for this whole Playstation Plus experiment (prior to receiving my E3-preordered PS4), I bought the Ratchet & Clank Collection for PS3 as well.

So, will I be able to play it on my Vita? Talk to me, Goose.

Thanks Sid.

+ StealthieOne on July 22nd, 2014 at 2:59 am said:

I really only logged in to say one thing and I hope someone from Sony reads this…but the VITA memory cards is why the VITA is FAILING. The price of the VITA memory cards is absolutely horrible. I absolutely REFUSE to buy anymore VITA memory cards until the price is reasonable. a 64gb micro sd card for my phone is $37, but for my Vita its $100 ….how is that even remotely reasonable. Do you know how many games I have NOT bought because of these ridiculous prices. I’m tired of deleting and reinstalling my games. So basically i just stopped buying games i play what i have and when I finish, if I even care about the game anymore..then I buy it. But guess what…9 times out of 10, I don’t buy it because my interest has shifted to something else. So sony if you want me to continue to support my VITA, you need to severly slash the price of the memory cards. Becaues THIS guy isn’t paying $100 for a 64gb card.

+ TeamGreen615 on July 22nd, 2014 at 5:47 am said:

@Stealthieone I think most people will agree with you, I know I do. I did buy a 32GB memory card for my Vita when it was on sale for $75. That was over a year ago and now my favorite gaming device has changed dramatically in that year. Fewer retail games are available and all I hear about is remote play. Remote play does no good where I play my Vita because I’m on the road without Internet connection. When it comes to retail versions of games as someone who has collected games for years this is not good news for me. I own over 40 retail Vita games also. For the record I just purchased a 32GB SD Card for another portable gaming device for $17 new.

+ flaw600MA on July 22nd, 2014 at 6:26 pm said:

Hello,

I was wondering if Sony was planning on allowing sub-account to master-account upgrades anytime soon? On the PS3, the difference between a sub-account and a master account was negligible. But on the PS4 there is a vast difference – PS+, Billing information, Sharing, FB/Twitter, etc. Is Sony going to allow sub-accounts to have more functionality or allow them to upgrade or both? Thanks!