Farpoint

Mar 13

Mar 13

Sack It to Me: “Back into the DLC Swing” Edition

Mark Valledor's Avatar Posted by Marketing Manager, SCEA

Greetings LBP friends. If you have been keeping up with the internets or our Blog you should know that SackBoy has been seen puttering around all over these days. Whether he’s in England winning awards for Media Molecule at the BAFTA or swinging clubs in other games, you’ll never know when you are going to see him next. Now we know its been all quiet on the DLC front lately, but since all good things come to those who wait, here are the details on where SackBoy is going to be next!

He’s at Kohls!

LBP Kohl's shirt

If you checked out last week’s post, you saw the black LBP shirt that is now sold out at Hot Topic except for the larger sizes. But fear not, as they re-stock there is another shirt available at your local Kohl’s if you want something on the lighter side. Hopefully more LBP gear to come!

On March 17th he visits IRELAND!

LittleBigPlanet Add-On St Patty's Day Costume

St. Patrick’s Day costume: FREE (available for one week only) If you want to avoid the “pinch” and get luck on you side, be sure to visit the store between March 17th to the 24th so you can celebrate St. Patty’s day LBP style.

On March 19th he invades HELGHAN!

LittleBigPlanet -Add-On Killzone Minipack banner

Killzone Mini-pack: $2.99
The ISA isn’t the only one invading Helghan! With both Sev and Helghast costumes along with 32 KZ-themed stickers this mini-pack brings the fight against the Helghast to LittleBigPlanet.

On March 26 he hits BUZZ!

LittleBigPlanet - Buzz Render

Buzz! Mini-Pack: $1.99
SackBoy is about the get Buzzed! as he sports the costume of PlayStation’s most famous game show host and we get cool stickers to Buzz-ify our levels.
Take that Trebeck!

On April 2, he marches on to PATAPON!

LittleBigPlanet - Patapon Axe Front

Patapon Costume: $1.99
As mentioned on the Pata-Post a few weeks ago, Pata-Fans can celebrate the approach of Patapon 2 (Patapon 2 tag) with this costume including a selection of weapon options.

On April 9, he returns to HEAVENLY SWORD!

LittleBigPlanet - Heavenly Sword Render

Heavenly Sword Mini-pack: $2.99
If you didn’t get Nariko the first time, now is your chance and Kai is coming along with her, not to mention 27 Heavenly Sword themed stickers too.

On April 16, SackBoy goes to CHINA

LittleBigPlanet - Monkeyking

Monkey King Costume: FREE (available permanently) This costume based on the Monkey King story is a winning design from our LBP community in Asia. Now we can all be winners with a free new costume!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

Bildo818 said:

March 13th, 1:00 pm

Can Sony start updated the games section of playstation.com to include chat support? I still can’t find out if 3×3 NHL arcade has chat support. Thanks

DaxMontana said:

March 13th, 1:00 pm

These prices (for essentially nothing) continue to be ridiculous.

DaxMontana said:

March 13th, 1:01 pm

…it’s the equivalent of a restaurant charging you for an after-dinner mint.

mmmpieisgood said:

March 13th, 1:04 pm

This is great! Thanks for the DLC, Media Molecule, can’t wait for the Killzone pack!

Letters2Kay said:

March 13th, 1:04 pm

?? I was hoping for a Killzone level pack. :(

Please bring us more level packs like the MGS one. And bring on those feature updates, please!!! Very happy to see that Heavenly Sword pack, it’s been a long wait…

jipmg said:

March 13th, 1:04 pm

It would be awsome if they make level packs like MGS for killzone

michaelja said:

March 13th, 1:08 pm

I’ll also join in and say please more level packs. I’ll happily pay for the levels your developers come up with but I really doubt I’ll ever buy any costume or sticker.

KingBroly said:

March 13th, 1:09 pm

Can’t there be a discount to those of us who already have the Nariko costume?

Scodo_Thope said:

March 13th, 1:10 pm

Can we get from Kohls online or instore only??

LBP FTW!!!

:P

mywhitenoise said:

March 13th, 1:10 pm

I don’t like those prices. And I hope I can buy Kai (for less than $1) separately.

Jon_Mclane said:

March 13th, 1:13 pm

I love those prices, two premium outfits plus stickers for only 2.99 and the patapon comes with multiple weapons! I just hope you guys have bigger dlc in your future, like the mgs pack

KSPRAYDAD said:

March 13th, 1:15 pm

Dear Mark…

Do you have the name of your Canadian Doppleganger so we can email him/her to express our interest in seeing the LBP shirts being available in Canada?

Cheers.

Any news on the figurines and plushy availability?

When will we see a Sackboy Cartoon for Saturday Mornings? (free on the PSN for PS3 owners of course :) )

Mark Valledor's Avatar

Mark Valledor said:

March 14th, 8:13 am

More licensing news to come…

As for Canada, I\’ll reach out.

toology01 said:

March 13th, 1:16 pm

So yea guys, the only way your going to be able to keep us coming back to LBP for more is by giving us more developer made levels. Themed levels based on other IPs will easily sell in my opinion but necessarily have to be based on other franchises. Dont get me wrong all the new costumes and such are really cool and Id buy some if i had new levels to play, however only the die hard fans are gonna be buying costumes regularly without more content to play. Most community levels just dont cut it and you have to search for ever to find the real gems.

If you dont start giving us some KZ level packs, ratchet and clank packs, God of war levels etc. Im afraid the game may get left behind by the slew of other exclusives you got coming out. I think I speak for everyone who already owns LBP when i say “MORE LEVEL PACKS”!

ToRllQue said:

March 13th, 1:17 pm

Why did NA decided to hold back the St. Patrick’s Day outfit until the 17th? I’d like to make sense of why the other regions got it yesterday but we have to wait.

CohnBred said:

March 13th, 1:18 pm

Have to agree with DaxMontana. While I definitely dig the creativity, and cross-franchise licensing+LBP= Brave New World, the pricing is a bit much. For the value that the MGS pack delivered, charging 25% of the price for a costume seems ridiculous. LittleBigPlanet’s longevity is assured with the content already included in the base product. If you want to extend it with microtransations, fair enough…just consider that one costume for 5% the cost of the complete game could be construed by some as fleecing the sack off our backs.

nuness1988 said:

March 13th, 1:19 pm

I never expected a game like LBP to get so little after launch support from developers. Let’s all be honest here, the metal gear pack was the only thing worth buying from them and it looks like it could be a while until we get another level pack, not to mention the game is still missing launch features that were taken out and has substantial lag in multiplayer.

Zhi13 said:

March 13th, 1:19 pm

Wooo finallay LBP content!
ill be getting them all

Fnook said:

March 13th, 1:20 pm

Thanks for the big update and confirmation.. I’m sure a lot of us were starting to get a little concerned about the lack of DLC updates for LBP over the past 3 weeks.

It’s nice to have some firm dates for US/Canada.. Thanks! ^_^

DonnyG said:

March 13th, 1:21 pm

The Patapon costume is awesome!

Don’t know if I want more costumes enough to keep buying ’em though.

SageJiraiya said:

March 13th, 1:23 pm

I am so excited for these!

Hopefully when PSN cards reach Vancouver B.C.
(canada) I can buy some of these awesome costumes!

Enforcer_X said:

March 13th, 1:26 pm

EPIC!!!!
I LOVE LBP and SACKBOY!
THANK YOU SONY AND MM!!!!

Thwip said:

March 13th, 1:28 pm

I buy the costumes, yet I rarely play the game anymore (unless my daughter hounds me). Why do I still keep buying the costumes?

PS – No Kohl’s for Canada :-(

Reinheart said:

March 13th, 1:30 pm

One Q.

For the Nariko… I got Nariko from Bestbuy pre-order… but in order to get Kai I have to buy the mini-pack which includes Nariko again… can’t just make it Kai + stickers as one, and Nariko as one, kind of like the MGS pack?… meh either way still gonna get it, just seems not fair when those who got Kratos pack got everything from the pre-order and the GoW pack was no different from the pre-order

redknight4 said:

March 13th, 1:30 pm

I’m glad to see we won’t lose the st. pattrick’s day costume and there are a lot more mini paks on the way would still love to see a few more level packs.

Great job on the buzz costume it looks a lot better than when it was first shown.

also you should do an update on the mm site about March 17th for the us on the st. pattrick’s day costume.

Craazy said:

March 13th, 1:31 pm

I will kill those ISA scum……long live the Helghast

SPOPS said:

March 13th, 1:32 pm

This is nice and all, but how about something with a little more substance? I would like to see more content like the MGS Levels. Costumes are just getting boring. The levels bring so much more to the game. New tools, stickers, and…TROPHIES.

Please MM bring us some levels.

AlexD169 said:

March 13th, 1:34 pm

Nice I’ll get all exept buzz

Zezzler said:

March 13th, 1:36 pm

FF VII any time soon?

Zookey said:

March 13th, 1:37 pm

AWESOME stuff! PLEASE though make the FF7 downloads a full pack like MGS was–that will be EPIC!

kaoskrayola said:

March 13th, 1:38 pm

Sad to see no leves with the Killzone 2 pack. There are some great costumes though and some are FREE.

stlthriot said:

March 13th, 1:39 pm

LOVE the Patapon costume, very cute and cool that it has multiple weapons! :)

I just wish all of these extras weren’t so expensive, they all add up so quickly and soon with all the DLCs and extras it is beyond the price of the original game of $60.

ZellBell said:

March 13th, 1:54 pm

when is there going to be a ratchet and clank pack because thats what im waiting for? Now thats what id pay $3 for

Ghost_Shrimp said:

March 13th, 1:55 pm

Any word on another content pack? I don’t really care for the costumes, but that last content pack with the paint marker was phenomenal.

A Killzone 2 content pack would be perfect… Also some themed ones that aren’t based off of other games.

Really looking forward to the expansions.

reson8er said:

March 13th, 1:56 pm

@DaxMontana

People who complain about the price of optional items, should realize the inherent absurdity of complaining about it in the first place.

If you don’t want it, don’t buy it.

ZellBell said:

March 13th, 1:57 pm

PLEASE READ!!! SONY im begging u to please make a Ratchet And Clank pack for LBP

reson8er said:

March 13th, 1:57 pm

@ Reinheart

Historically, they have offered all DLC for LBP as separate items, this should be no different

DaxMontana said:

March 13th, 2:08 pm

#34 reson8er:

There’s no “inherent absurdity” about complaing about the price of DLC (and perhaps you should grab a dictionary before tossing around words you don’t understand).

I spent a few months, along with a bunch of other people, complaining about the Canadian pricing for items on the PSN. The result? Sony lowered the price to match the U.S. prices.

Only a sheep goes along with the flock when he disagrees with the direction.

Blkant said:

March 13th, 2:11 pm

You know, costumes were great and all, but isn’t isn’t it seriously time for some actual substance? Like the MGS4 pack? When I heard the promises for DLC I was expecting a lot more in the offerings. To this just seems like a complete over kill, sure its making you guys a ton of money, but this is getting very repetitive.

verafx said:

March 13th, 2:15 pm

Great stuff and good prices. When is the create co-op online going to come out. two heads are better than one.

Sephiroth said:

March 13th, 2:16 pm

What about the Sephiroth costume? when’s it gonna be available to purchase from da PS Store?

Schitthammer said:

March 13th, 2:23 pm

As much as I love the DLC (which I will be definitely buying), we need more themed level packs like the MGS4 one. That was a blast to play.

Unknown_Hero said:

March 13th, 2:27 pm

no lbp/killzone level pack is stupid….you know how many people wanted that?

Grannd said:

March 13th, 2:29 pm

We want level packs!

Spartancloud said:

March 13th, 2:31 pm

I was expecting a Killzone 2 level pack, it would have been a great idea, all it needed was some great shooting levels, and maybe a few extra costumes. Oh well, the characters are still awesome though, not to sure if I’ll buy it.

ADR143 said:

March 13th, 2:38 pm

nice upcoming DLC

Atomika14 said:

March 13th, 2:41 pm

@ 44:

I totally agree on the level pack. That would have been fantastic. I will still be buying the KZ2 pack.

Is there any news on the Final Fantasy 7 characters? Any chance we’ll be seeing Cloud in the pack as well?

ventuz said:

March 13th, 2:41 pm

Is that SonSon?

How does someone win unoriginal design anyway?

jcpetersen said:

March 13th, 2:44 pm

Thanks for the update that includes pricing – wish more updates included that particular bit of information. :)

LBPlanetoid said:

March 13th, 2:46 pm

@reson8er

Historically?
There are a few of costumes not available outside of mini-packs.
Minotaur, Medusa and Gurlokovich Soldier.
Now Kai, Helghast and Sev :)

ROLO_ONFIRE said:

March 13th, 2:52 pm

I’d love to buy some costumes but I think they are pricy, for $2 I rather buy rockband songs. I’d be very happy if you could lower the price.

PAGE 1 2 3