Marvel's Spider-Man

Jun 02

Jun 02

E3 09: The Best Talent = The Best Titles

Scott Rohde's Avatar Posted by SVP of Product Development, Worldwide Studios America, SCEA

Hi PlayStation fans, I’m Scott Rohde, VP of product development at SCEA. You may not realize this, but we have over 2500 Worldwide Studio employees who’s jobs are focused on bringing unique IP to the PlayStation platforms. And that number doesn’t even include the talented outside developers like Sucker Punch, Insomniac and United Front Games. That’s a lot of people working hard to bring you one of the best software line-ups that we’ve ever put out in a calendar year.

We are starting NOW with inFAMOUS, the incredible new open world action title from Sucker Punch that hit store shelves last week, MAG – the first and only 256 player FPS coming out of our Zipper studio, UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves, the latest epic creation from the brilliant, creative minds at Naughty Dog, and Ratchet and Clank Future 2: A Crack in Time, another exciting chapter in the Ratchet series from our long-time partners at Insomniac… and the list goes on.

Our team invests the time and dollars to bring you a diverse library of games, games which our competitors might find too risky to take a chance on. Make sure to check the news from the press conference to see and hear a little more about Worldwide Studios future vision. We showed an incredible 14 disc based first party games today that you simply will not find on another system.

For example, I’m excited to announce the debut of the next big thing in the Play, Create, Share genre – ModNation Racers. This game joins LittleBigPlanet as another truly innovative title in a genre that continues to be defined by Sony. In ModNation Racers, the players can design their own karts, drivers and tracks with an intuitive, yet amazingly deep set of tools. In fact, the tools are so deep, the developer, United Front Games, is using the tools to build the entire game! We will have a lot more to share on ModNation Racers, so stay tuned.

I’m incredibly excited about the SCE first party exclusive lineup over the next 6-12 months, and I’m only scratching the surface in this quick post. To whet your appetite, take a look at the new UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves.

Be sure to check back for details during and after E3 for more updates.

Add Your Own

Thrasher20 said:

June 2nd, 3:54 pm

SONY PWNED!

shystie1 said:

June 2nd, 3:54 pm

ModNation Racers looks like a really fun game and quit easy to make your own tracks. Any word on how many players will be able to play online at once?

stennex said:

June 2nd, 3:56 pm

U2 is awesome! OMG. This game looks even better than the first one

FFVII online for download impressive.

WarEnder said:

June 2nd, 3:57 pm

This is the game I’m waiting for. Can’t wait for the beta tonight.

MariusElijah said:

June 2nd, 3:57 pm

rAdIOhEad73 said:

June 2nd, 3:58 pm

Amazing!!!!

WantAPopsicle said:

June 2nd, 3:59 pm

Sony, I am broke because of you.

HighLuxury said:

June 2nd, 3:59 pm

HOLY [DELETED] GUYS

SONY

DO YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU JUST DID???

YOU WON [DELETED] E3!!!!

xeno3d said:

June 2nd, 3:59 pm

Did they get a different person as the voice of Drake?!?!?!?!?!

Gitaroo said:

June 2nd, 4:01 pm

ok, this game makes Gears 2 and KZ2 looks like a joke.

john_ecko said:

June 2nd, 4:01 pm

That trailer was so money that you don’t even know how much money it is.

Should have played that during the conference.

Pesico said:

June 2nd, 4:02 pm

Elena will be back! Fantastic!

XgargunoX said:

June 2nd, 4:02 pm

i really like the voice saying playstation at the end of the videos now

Cerberus_Hunter said:

June 2nd, 4:03 pm

WWWOOOooo
Can’t wait for the beta! it’s tonight right???

xiked said:

June 2nd, 4:04 pm

MY GOD! GOD BLESS ND. THE ARE GODS!

yostane said:

June 2nd, 4:06 pm

best E3 conference!!!!!!

katsuo7171 said:

June 2nd, 4:06 pm

GJ Sony, you really have great partners and I hope you continue their partnership. Also please just cause you have so many First and second party developers. Please do not forget your 3rd party publishers. Yes I’m still pissed about the Kojima announcement. I really hope this mask announcemen is exclusive to the PS3.

Pound_lb003 said:

June 2nd, 4:08 pm

Holy [DELETED]…

Last Guardian and Uncharted 2 trailer.

MarvelAssassin said:

June 2nd, 4:08 pm

Yay Elena!!!!!

userfriendly said:

June 2nd, 4:10 pm

DEAR GOD NATHAN DRAKE!

I think that was the best trailer for a game that I’ve ever seen.

waypoetic said:

June 2nd, 4:11 pm

Wow. I don’t know what else to say. WOW!

PLD_Danny1989 said:

June 2nd, 4:12 pm

You EASILY won E3 this year Sony, Congratulations. Uncharted 2, God of War 3, GT5, ModNation Racers, MAG, FINAL FANTASY XIV! =O

Keep up the high quality work guys, you should be proud of yourselves =)

ZekeXenu said:

June 2nd, 4:14 pm

Wow. VERY impressive Uncharted 2 trailer. In addition to what I know will be stellar game play, I’m thrilled to see Naughty Dog take such great care in developing interesting characters and giving them dialog that actually ENHANCES them as characters.

Unreal.

ruibing said:

June 2nd, 4:14 pm

I’m glad Elena’s back, she was a great character. This will be an awesome game.

Darkos87 said:

June 2nd, 4:17 pm

omg, game of the year confirmed.

wanethemane93 said:

June 2nd, 4:17 pm

Elena back. yes!!!!! animations are amazing visuals, story are great. i loved uncharted for these very same reasons so i know i will thoroughly enjoy among thieves. I’ve been a naughty dog fan since crash and you guys haven’t stop creating great experiences since. keep up the good work and i will be on the beta tonight. games like this are why since ps1 i’ve been playstation supporter.

meazly said:

June 2nd, 4:18 pm

Are you trying to say that there are even more new games coming exclusively to ps3?????

Crimson_Ryan said:

June 2nd, 4:18 pm

This isn’t really off topic since its E3… You think you guys can give us new avatars? I remember you guys saying there were avatars coming, but no MGS4 ones a month after MGS4 came out. Then the LBP people said LBP avatars were on the way.

So what gives? Can you guys please confirm or deny any avatar news? I am tired of seeing the same old avatars… I mean, come on. Sony is the most artistic company out there.

Please say something now so we can stop begging. It is E3 after all, guys.

Ackers11 said:

June 2nd, 4:19 pm

now that is gonna be THE BEST GAME EVER

Zezzler said:

June 2nd, 4:20 pm

I watched the Keynote for PlayStation and it was GREAT!!!… wait no it wasn’t… IT WAS AMAZING!!!!! The new motion sensing controller looks like so much fun, i really want to try it, and i love all of the ps3 exclusives, i really hope PS3 does so well in the future because it is just that awesome.

BTW, hope to see many more Final Fantasy’s in the future (old ones and new ones)

KIDamazin said:

June 2nd, 4:20 pm

When exactly will store be updated? I gotta get my FFVII. Please respond Jeff. :(

Anubis80 said:

June 2nd, 4:21 pm

Well tonight I will see if I decide to buy Uncharted 2 because Sony emailed me the beta code just a little bit ago. Dont know why but I wont complain and plan to try out Uncharted. I know its the online part only but still need to check it out.

I want God of War 3 released now. I fell in love with the series when the first one was released and haved been disappointed yet.

Keep releasing good games Sony.

Also thank god you released FFVII so everyone will stop complaining about it.

meazly said:

June 2nd, 4:22 pm

Uncharted 2 seriously looks like a HUGE blockbuster movie!!! im more pumped than ever

CrimsonFox13 said:

June 2nd, 4:23 pm

Uncharted is so amazing… Most anticipated title of the year. Second most anticipated ever. Looks like it’ll be an instant favorite, though…

Naughty God, I love you and bow before you.

Fersis said:

June 2nd, 4:24 pm

mhmmh Uncharted 2 is easily the most beautiful thing on consoles right now.
Mad props to Naughty Gods.

Hey so the U2 Beta starts today at midnight?

Jeigh said:

June 2nd, 4:24 pm

Preachin’ to the choir, man. Preachin’ to the choir. (Except for a few layabouts who are still dragging their feet on getting a PS3.)

Those are some KILLER character models, ND. And Elena has gotten… ahem, “detailed.” XP

I think you know what we really want to hear about (well, one of the things anyway). Those new controllers could definitely use some explaining, detailing and verification that by the time the things release, there will be a decent amount of support for them. I’m telling you right now- I’m not buying another peripheral that’s going to gather dust. (The Wii itself falls into that category! XD )

ShdwDrake said:

June 2nd, 4:25 pm

WTF? I didnt know the PS4 was coming out in November!!

D_wing said:

June 2nd, 4:26 pm

hi there!

I just noticed that on the ign direct feed page it is scheduled that tomorrow at about 7:45 pm PDT there is going to be a showing of an unnanounced playstation title. Is that a mistake on their part, or is E3 really not over yet? Here’s hoping for the latter! ;)

gta_4 said:

June 2nd, 4:26 pm

where was vidzone?

Lucreto said:

June 2nd, 4:26 pm

Can’t way for Unchated 2.

How come Ratchet was not at the conference?

Will you be doing a special event to show off all the titles you didn’t show at the conference?

Where can I get that Assassins Creed T shirt it was excellent.

Midgetguy said:

June 2nd, 4:27 pm

Uncharted 2 looks better than any game I’ve ever seen!

PERIOD!

Templar1993 said:

June 2nd, 4:30 pm

jeff I have 2 question fo you:
1)i know ps3 will have facebook, but when will relase this feature??
2)MSG Risen is for ps3 too??

Maguss said:

June 2nd, 4:32 pm

MY GOD!!! I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!!

KazeEternal said:

June 2nd, 4:32 pm

@who ever can answer these questions

Will Sony take advantage of these motion controls by providing games of extraordinary quality? I don’t want to see 5 lame titles on the PS store and then a card game.

Will Sony offer a packaged deal with the wands for the PS Eye and previous PS Eye owners (like myself)?

Will Sony pack the new controller in with the PS3 alongside the DS3 in order to drive market adoption (big problem I’ve had with the EyeToy and PS Eye)?

If I ask for a cookie would sony send it to me via Fedex, USPS, or UPS?

Also Awesome show guys, you rolled over the competition. Tell Naughty Dog good pick for Claudia Black in Uncharted 2.

Elite_Pyro said:

June 2nd, 4:32 pm

I haven’t seen an Uncharted 2 trailer until now. Holy [DELETED] I am getting that game for sure!!!!

cLOLe said:

June 2nd, 4:32 pm

Any confirmation on Fat Princess release date? They said June for Europe, so… this Thursday? NEXT Thursday? :D

Save us!

wasim007 said:

June 2nd, 4:34 pm

Uncharted 2 just decimated the X360

poor MS .

my GOD uncharted 2 is officially the console game that has reached photorealism. sorry GT5P and KZ2

although GT5 will do that i am sure

Jeigh said:

June 2nd, 4:34 pm

I, too, would like to know what was up with Insomniac’s absence. Those guys should have been guests of honor, sitting up front the entire time like judges and wearing crowns with the PlayStation logo.

And I could have sworn that by now we’d be hearing from our dear Mr. Jaffe. I miss that lovable creator of the best series ever… Let him know we miss ‘im.

I suppose it would be unrealistic to expect Guerrilla Games to already be ready with a presentation of their next game, so no complaints there.

On one final note, I found the absence of any Agent footage (or on-site personnel from Rockstar) to be quite conspicuous. I don’t suppose you can say anything on that, but it needed to be said.

robinton said:

June 2nd, 4:36 pm

thanks for the beta code to uncharted 2 Sucker Punch & Sony… I guess this is one of the advantages of being a beta tester for you guys :) this game will rock

ppbobby said:

June 2nd, 4:36 pm

is this stuff up on the PS STORE YET??

Are the videos going to be up at all today!! I NEED HD FOOTAGE OF GOD OF WAR/UNCHARTED..The whole conference! CMONN!