PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Jun 30

Jun 30

The Best of PlayStation at E3 2011

Scott Rohde's Avatar Posted by SVP of Product Development, Worldwide Studios America, SCEA

Like UNCHARTED

E3 may have wrapped up a few weeks back, but the excitement here at PlayStation is growing by the day. Not only are we coming off of one of the most successful E3s we’ve had in recent memory, but we are preparing for the launch of some of this year’s most-anticipated software titles as well as a couple of very exciting new pieces of hardware.

This year we showcased one of the strongest software lineups in our history, including many creative and show stopping titles for the upcoming PlayStation Vita, family friendly options for PlayStation Move and an amazing lineup of AAA titles and franchise favorites for PS3. The positive response we received from our community was overwhelming, and the confirmation from E3 judges was very gratifying. In fact, PlayStation hardware and software was nominated for more than 140 awards at E3 this year. Here’s a look at just a few of the accolades we received:

PlayStation Vita

Yahoo! Games: “Best of E3 2011

UNCHARTED 3 3 wallpaper

UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss

Game Informer: “Best Handheld Game
E! Online: “Top 10 Games of E3
Game Trailers: “Best PlayStation Vita Game

The year ahead will be a memorable one for PlayStation fans everywhere. The introduction of innovative hardware such as PS Vita and the PlayStation 3D Display will set the bar high when it comes to both quality and creativity. PlayStation Vita will provide gamers with the highest definition handheld gaming experiences, delivering new ways to play at home and on-the-go. In addition, the PlayStation 3D Display will offer PS3 users and their friends the ability to face-off with the exclusive two-player mode and provide easy access to all of their favorite 3D entertainment. Developers meanwhile will have more ways than ever to challenge and change the way people play and experience PlayStation games.

We are continuing to work closely with the global community of Worldwide Studios game developers and partners to deliver innovative games and content for the entire family of PlayStation hardware. I’m personally looking forward to all of the great software titles launching in the upcoming months, including Resistance 3, Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One and Twisted Metal. We’ve got some great new PlayStation Move titles coming as well, including Medieval Moves: Deadmund’s Quest, and Carnival Island. And of course…we’ve got all kinds of great PlayStation Vita titles in the works, including Uncharted: Golden Abyss, ModNation Racers, LittleBigPlanet and Sound Shapes. Too much goodness to talk about in one little blog post…

Thanks to all of the great PlayStation fans out there who helped make E3 2011 one to remember!

Thanks,
Scott
Twitter: @RohdeScott

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Modisana said:

June 30th, 7:09 am

Oh man oh man… I cannot wait till this thing is available for purchase

Butters360 said:

June 30th, 7:15 am

All those are very deserving of both the awards and my money :) Congrats SCE WWS!

reniemika said:

June 30th, 7:16 am

2nd..yeahh
and good work sony

reniemika said:

June 30th, 7:16 am

:( o no 3rd

lcmnick said:

June 30th, 7:18 am

No idea why a trailer or mention of Journey wasn’t shown in the conference, yet Sony found time for some real boring segments that shall remain nameless.

Korbei83 said:

June 30th, 7:19 am

Everything on that list will be mine. Most already pre-ordered. Give me Vita or give me death!

night123 said:

June 30th, 7:21 am

love it

ICU-KILLA said:

June 30th, 7:24 am

i want to get the 3D display when it comes out.

psfaithful said:

June 30th, 7:24 am

excellent work, GO PLAYSTATION…

Lexaus1222 said:

June 30th, 7:27 am

Thanks Sony. While my gaming appetite is stuffing its face, my wallet is looking a bit starved. Soon I’m going to have to give it an IV drip to keep up with every release…

ICU-KILLA said:

June 30th, 7:28 am

Sony’s year again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zombie9 said:

June 30th, 7:52 am

pretty cool year game wise. 3-D TV and VITA are still up in the air and I dont know if I will buy them. And PSP is Dead:)

megamixer said:

June 30th, 7:54 am

Well, Journey looks potentially interesting to me though I’m still not sure what the heck it is.

mcbuttz78 said:

June 30th, 8:55 am

@12 psp is not dead. it has the best game on any held console if you ask me. The ps3 is not churning out enough rpg games . but the psp has over 40-50 rpg games. I think laot of gamers are just out of synce. Most gamers are a console gamer and i think what it is. But if you buy a psp you would play it more becuase it has more to offer than the console in terms of fresh ip and genre ‘s to play.

Some out there may differ with that last statement but I have 150 games for psp and psp go. One thing i would love to see some of these very good rpg to make to psn as downloadable games for the console . That would bring alot of sales to the genre and ps3 console as a whole. Cult rpg fans contininue to buy those games becuase they are made right and made to last you.

Mcbuttz7
vp-psn legioniarre group

Eric071896 said:

June 30th, 8:59 am

What i love about Sony is that everything gets better and better.

thamonsterr111 said:

June 30th, 9:06 am

will the party chat be availible for ps3 too?

coryyumk said:

June 30th, 9:10 am

lots of good stuff coming out of sony, last year i ws thinking “they cant keep this up, theres way too much coming out” halfway through this year and im thinking “hell ya!” lol

BanzaiHeil said:

June 30th, 9:19 am

@megamixer

Journey is going to be amazing. I just played the beta, and dare I say it reminded me of Shadow of the Colossus? (You know, the parts in-between the Colossi. The travelling of ruins of a forgotten civilization. It’s presentation is similar too, in that it seems to be up to you topiece the history of this world together.

But, “amazing” is all you really need to know for now. ;-)

TheUndertaker85 said:

June 30th, 9:54 am

Might we get a little more info soon about the Playstation branded 3D TV? I’m really looking for a solid release date or at least release month and info about which retailers will be carrying it. Hopefully most retailers do. The cost of the TV and the bundle included makes for a major deal and something to break the ground even more for 3D content.

DarkRecoil said:

June 30th, 9:57 am

I remember all the wiitards that came on here & Home trying to talk up failtendo and their Wii U garbage. …Well if u didn’t already feel like a retard for hyping a glorified add-on which cant even play DVD’s (let alone Bluray) is 5 years too late, let me say this:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH FAIL LOL LOL LOL LOL lol lol LOOOOL

zombie9 said:

June 30th, 10:23 am

@mcbuttz78 lol life suport sorry. Rpgs do rock on psp totaly agree!!! but most are remakes that I played years ago.

jose213jose said:

June 30th, 10:43 am

want to go my hands on ps vita for 299.99$ so i have 3g with me on the go

megamixer said:

June 30th, 10:53 am

@BanzaiHeil
I never played or read up about SotC so the comparison doesn’t help. :( Thanks for trying though. I didn’t know what a Flower was either and that turned out alright (abysmal controls aside). So I believe blind-buying Journey would likely turn out alright as well. :)

Hradekal said:

June 30th, 10:57 am

mixedkidbx said:

June 30th, 11:15 am

When will we find out more about PS Vita, along with ATT pricing and such? Im wondering because i already have ATT and am hoping that SONY and ATT have come up with some type of deal for current ATT subscribers who want to add the PS Vita to their current account. I really hope i wont have to have a whole new ATT account because of the PS Vita, and Sony not doing the best they could to not burden customers with another contract and so on.

MrAssassin47 said:

June 30th, 11:40 am

Suck it, Xbox!

Sir_Vague said:

June 30th, 11:43 am

I never heard anything about this, but will Vita games have trophies?

FoliPSN said:

June 30th, 12:32 pm

@26: yes

OnePieceAnime said:

June 30th, 12:34 pm

I want to get a released date on the Vita ASAP!
I am tempted to put a pre order down on it, but if it isn’t going to be released in the next 5 months, I don’t want to put money down on it just yet.

Exalted_Knight said:

June 30th, 12:40 pm

Kinda going to ask it here and keep my utmost professionalism when trying to attempt to get a career at sony, but getting a tatoo on my hand will that kill the me getting a career there?

turtle13616 said:

June 30th, 12:43 pm

Too much hype about uncharted 3 i’m not a fan of the game. I played the beta and didn’t like it.

Arcadian_Rebel said:

June 30th, 12:52 pm

Sorry, but Twisted Metal looks, just… dumb. Other than that, this list and E3 altogether was great!

mylam1959 said:

June 30th, 1:01 pm

Did you remove the HDMI output, cuz im buying this cuz of its graphic and i wanna play it on my new TV..

wowowowo1 said:

June 30th, 2:20 pm

When does it come out PLEASE RESPOND PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FCBFlesto said:

June 30th, 2:25 pm

i just wanna know if ps vita is gonna have mw3 and all the hardcore games

Sarge435 said:

June 30th, 2:45 pm

Where’s Battlefield 3.

Devin93 said:

June 30th, 3:11 pm

All I want is more PS Move tittles, there is NOT enough games out right now.

spectyre said:

June 30th, 4:02 pm

Thanks Sony… You guys are killing me financially. PSTV-$500, PS3 Headphones/Headset-$100, PSVita-$250-$300, PS3D Glasses-$60, 3-4 Vita launch titles @ $40(?) a piece, 3-4 PS3 excusives @ $60 a pop (at least one comes free w/tv), 3-4+ multiplats @ $60 per…. Holy crap!!!

Do Sony employees get a discount? If so, I would like to apply as Kevin Butler’s bagel sllicer.

cortesc130 said:

June 30th, 4:38 pm

No new features how sad very sad.

ModestGeek said:

June 30th, 6:01 pm

PS Vita! O how I love thee. Let me count the ways! $249.99, $299.99…….lol. Just playing. Can’t wait for the release date. I’m sure the games Vita supports will be off the chain.

BuchNasty said:

June 30th, 6:48 pm

@39 Uhm…. you’re kidding right?

This was the only reason e3 really had to exist this year lol. (wii u looks stupid… not a fanboy… just sick of nintendo’s gimmicks). However sony hasn’t said if there is going to be like some subscription junk for the 3g one which is a bad idea… especially since they went with at&t which was very awkward watching kaz stand there as the crowd Bood and laughed. I honestly felt really bad for him lol. I’ve never heard good things about at&t unfortunately.

pooju5 said:

June 30th, 7:21 pm

should iget the 3d display or psp vita?

ATRamos1652 said:

July 1st, 12:43 am

24 asked: “Is it me or does that picture of Drake in the Golden Abyss image make him look like he’s putting on the pounds?”

It’s because of all those doughnuts! Doughnut Drake, doughnut Drake!

NinjaNabs said:

July 1st, 2:58 am

an issue i wanted to discuss is the qriocity music unlimited service.why is canada the only country that doesnt get it?i checked on my psp and there wasnt a canada flag in the options.now i find this very sad.there are A LOT of ps3 users in canada,i can guarantee you that sony.so please fix this issue,i was even considering paying for the service.

Northstar77 said:

July 1st, 12:11 pm

@22 3G on the go with a contract with AT&T….. no thanks I’ll take the $249 version and use my phones mobile Wi-Fi it will most likely be faster anyway. Not sure why they would make 3G the connection speed to go with instead of a 4G must be because AT&T 4G coverage sucks.

Saad-_-Rulz said:

July 1st, 3:24 pm

Why dont they tell the release date of Ps Vita ????

CPOPJR said:

July 2nd, 5:07 am

i think personally its the best idea they have ever came out with and thats why i stay with sony no matter what screw xbox and microsoft im a sony man and thats the way its staying its so awesome how they come up with this new idea the ps vita who would have thought this is probably going to be a thrill to me if i actually had the money to get one so when it does come out i mean its too bad sony cant have a contest of some sort and who ever wins gets a brand new ps vita i think that would be awesome and i think it would be another great idea plus i would be entering because im am sonys biggest fan and i just love the new exciting hardware that they coome out with every year so yea the ps vita is an awesome idea and i hope i can afford to actually get one

superbowlnfl said:

July 2nd, 8:45 am

Sony, I’m sorry. I’m trading PS2+Wii for Xbox 360. Sorry. But I will get a Vita :) and I still got PSP :)

strikeforce3067 said:

July 3rd, 2:52 pm

yeah!!! that new console looks awesome with its new features can’t wait to buy it kind of the same as the ps3 but a handheld console that you can take anywhere and play online i hope they can tell us when its gonna be released for purchase sooner or later :)

XxI-_JONNY_-IxX said:

July 3rd, 4:53 pm

any idea when its gunna come out?! i know around the holidays but an exact date?

PAGE 1 2