Farpoint

May 29

May 29

PlayStation at E3 2012: Watch Live, Attend the Press Conference

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

We’re less than a week away from E3 2012! This is what we’re feeling right about now.

SCEA PRESS CONFERENCE

First, I’m uber-hyped to share details about our ambitious livestreaming plan. Once again, we’ll be streaming E3 to you live, worldwide, over four jam-packed days. The live E3 broadcast begins this Monday, June 4th at 5:30pm Pacific/8:30pm Eastern with the PlayStation E3 2012 Press Conference, the most exciting (and most Tweeted-about) event on the PlayStation calendar. We’ll then continue the live broadcast through the rest of the week with live gameplay demos for hot upcoming PS3 and PS Vita games — 25 to 30 new game demos in all. We’ll even be snagging your questions from Twitter and posing them to the developers. Make ‘em count!

You’ll find the livestream here on PlayStation.Blog, as well as PlayStation Home, PlayStation.com, Facebook, Google Plus, and Ustream. And, for the first time, you’ll be able to watch E3 live directly on your PS3 — a handy icon will be located under the What’s New section on your XMB. PS Vita’s even getting in on the E3 action, with the new Nico Nico video app supporting a beta feed of our E3 livestream. Technology!

PlayStation Move: PixelJunk Lifelike

If you live in the Los Angeles area, though, we’ve got an even better offer. How would you like to attend the PlayStation E3 2012 Press Conference? I’m holding close to 200 seats at the LA Sports Arena for you — all you have to do is show up (and cheer). It won’t be hard. Deal? Here’s what you need to know.

You’re Invited: PlayStation E3 2012 Press Conference

Date: June 4th, 2012

Time: Get there no later than 3:30pm for check in. We can only admit 200 people max, and it’ll be first come, first served!

Location: Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena
3939 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90037

Parking:
Self parking will be available for any guests who are driving their personal vehicles. Please enter Parking Lot 5 on MLK Boulevard at Hoover and when you arrive please tell the lot attendant that you are attending the Sony Press Event.

Restrictions: You must be at least 21 years old to attend. We will be checking IDs!

Look for this sign!

blog check in e3

Note that we’ll need you no later than 3:30pm, because you’ll be helping us out with our pre-show festivities. But worry not – we’ll have food and drink to keep you fat and happy.

The weather is looking perfect, the games will be awesome, and I hear we serve the best sliders in town. Hope to see you there!

Add Your Own

YoungWeezy808 said:

May 29th, 10:59 pm

Why is it always held in LA

May 31st, 12:19 pm

There were two years where it was in Atlanta, but I guess that didn’t work out.

Nexus_Knight said:

May 29th, 11:31 pm

so 200 gamers are gonna help with pre-show festivities ……sweet I’ll be there. save me a spot jeff :P

GhostMachine1 said:

May 30th, 12:05 am

<—–Attending! I cannot wait!

kiikooo said:

May 30th, 12:42 am

Im definitely there. How early should i be there to be guaranteed in?

May 31st, 12:20 pm

I just don’t know… there’s really no way to *guarantee* but I think 200 is a good estimate for how many will show.

Shadow_Dancer said:

May 30th, 2:07 am

Well I’ll be at work on that day. It’ll be 11:30am here in Australia when the conference goes live and was hoping to watch it on either my Vita or Xperia S. I’m very disappointed that you’ve decided to only let the Nico Nico app be available in North America. Why aren’t you letting people outside North America watch it on their Vita’s? What’s the point of a global company releasing an app for one market only when you realise the anger this will cause to people in other countries?

I hope I’ve misunderstood and you will be releasing the app in PAL territories as well. Otherwise I hope I won’t find any problems watching it on my phone

May 31st, 12:21 pm

I don’t have any control over PAL territories, but it should work just fine on your phone.

Veridis_Quo said:

May 30th, 2:24 am

bah! I live fairly close to LA but I have work!

vonhammer said:

May 30th, 2:38 am

Feels bad that I need to ask this.Is the app global,or for SCEA only? I know we’ve had it in the EU Home,but I remember our ex Blog manger saying a few years ago,that because it’s a SCEA event SCEE don’t have a say in what goes on.
I know our blog dudes have started going to E3,but I’ve got to ask because i’m never sure when it comes to SCE.

vonhammer said:

May 30th, 2:41 am

Just to clarify my above post,it’s the XMB app I’m asking about.

May 31st, 12:22 pm

I honestly don’t know, so safest to say North America.

ptuck874 said:

May 30th, 3:38 am

Technology!

adventurene said:

May 30th, 4:13 am

I’ll try to make it. Hopefully it won’t fill up too quickly.

hitman_stephen said:

May 30th, 5:37 am

is the vita live stream app going to appear in a firmware update ? or as a downloadable app, or just appears by magic?

May 31st, 12:23 pm

It’s not an app, just a special version of the webpage that will launch directly from the What’s New section of the XMB

Mattht said:

May 30th, 5:41 am

Absolutely gutted.. Last year I was in San Francisco studying and could have easily attended E3 but you decided to do a draw, which I did not win. Now that I am back in England you redo the “First come first served thingy” that you did previous years…

Just my luck :'(

FORMIK said:

May 30th, 6:02 am

On a more “mini” level, I’d really like to hear news about ALL minis working on the Vita by a set time, and the price for ALL minis being no more than $2.99 with many discounted. This would provide an incentive for many Vita owners to check out the great mini games already available, and diversifying their game library.

BiezulbubBill69 said:

May 30th, 8:21 am

Damn wish I lived in Cali so I could go!!! I live all the way on the east coast in New Jersey haha :(

DC_1980 said:

May 30th, 8:43 am

Great to hear that we can stream the press conference through our PS3.

Canuck4Life said:

May 30th, 8:44 am

Really disappointed that it’s 21+, I’m turning 21 in July :S
Hope you do the same thing next year, I would love to go!

dagundam said:

May 30th, 9:34 am

NOOOOO. for 5 years I’ve been trying to participate in some part of E3… I got my MCAT two weeks after that though… I’m trying to decide which is more important … ;)

May 30th, 10:25 am

Does the world *really* need more doctors?

Dante989 said:

May 30th, 10:18 am

Does the conference start at 8:30 ET or 9 ET? i went on IGN.com and they had the time listed for 6pm PT/9pm ET?

May 30th, 10:25 am

Pre-show at 8.30eastern, featuring live demos.

vince8502 said:

May 30th, 10:51 am

I wanna be there….

CernaML said:

May 30th, 11:00 am

Working the night shift on Monday. Heading straight over there right after I get out. Don’t care about traffic or the lack of beauty sleep. I’ve done it before back during the PS blog Meet up in 2010 and I’ll do it again!

ZeR0wn3D said:

May 30th, 11:05 am

Got a industry exhibit pass but no access to any press events (as it should be), flying in from JFK NY to LAX monday morning

CernaML said:

May 30th, 11:08 am

Oh yeah, I’ll be the guy rocking the Twisted Metal T Shirt. :D

WICKEDGHOST187 said:

May 30th, 11:18 am

Hey Jeff Rubenstein do you know if we will ever get an IGN app.

boxmyth said:

May 30th, 11:23 am

Any fancy reason to bring my Vita to E3 besides killing time in lines? Something like show floor digital swag?

May 31st, 12:26 pm

Mostly just killing time and looking cool.

ioanina said:

May 30th, 11:48 am

Does certain parking spaces have a “Reserved” option? Many who purchase these tickets could wish to have their parking spaces marked “Reserved”.

krae_man said:

May 30th, 11:59 am

Guys, I think it’s really cool you help us gamers get into the press conference and E3. However, It would be double cool if you did it in a way that allowed not just locals to take advantage of your offer.

In the future could you guys do something a few months in advance where you reserve some of the passes you’re giving away for people who would have to fly in?

Do something where you put your name in the hat and if you’re selected you have 7 days purchase your flights/hotel etc and prove you’re committed to going or something.

This is something I would love to be able to take advantage of and I’m sure I’m not the only one who would if given the opportunity.

May 31st, 12:25 pm

It’s just a logistical nightmare to try something like that. I don’t want to hold seats for people who may not end up showing up – I want each and every seat taken. The only way to guarantee that is a first come, first served model.

WICKEDGHOST187 said:

May 30th, 12:40 pm

Can we see some demos for the games at E3

hariel said:

May 30th, 1:27 pm

are we going to get the video of the conference and some of the booth video’s on the store this tuesday, or will it not be until next week so there is a chance for all the e3 info? “crosses fingers” really really hoping for at least one demo from the booth making it to the store so those of us who can’t attend get to try out some of the new stuff too.

justabe said:

May 30th, 2:16 pm

@Jeff my man is an ID from Mexico cool? that is the identification i have :/

igorkop said:

May 30th, 2:40 pm

Will you post a video after the conference of the stream on Blog in case anyone misses it? i forget if you did, i watched it on PSHome last year. what’s the Beta Stream through Vita Nico Nico mean?

May 31st, 12:28 pm

yes, yes, yes. Beta means that it’s never been tested at this level, so fingers crossed.

NASCAR_Rcn8 said:

May 30th, 2:46 pm

I bet you guys are glad I live wayyyyy awat from LA. I can’t attend and I bet your blog team is cheering. I would put you all on spot with heavy questions and some personal rants. That’s for sure!

May 31st, 12:29 pm

No you wouldn’t. No one ever does. We’re bigger than you think.

NASCAR_Rcn8 said:

May 30th, 2:52 pm

I find it funny and is truth to what i expected. All the noobs calling me a troll on here weekly are giving away their age in this blog and it only seals the truth of what I expected. You are teens and kids. You people were playing with GI Joes when I was finishing Highschool and driving everywhere lol. You kids carry no weight to express opinions on trolls or adults on here. You guys are still popping zits and going through hormones like your going through the monthly 24/7 in the blog at anyone expressing opinions on Sony products. Just go play with your dolls while us adults argue. Thank You!

luvtoseek said:

May 30th, 2:59 pm

Wish I could go; have a great time everybody! Btw, Kaz & Jack are presenting, correct? Those guys ROCK!!!

Elvick_ said:

May 30th, 3:01 pm

@82: Because being older means you couldn’t possibly be a troll… and what you did there was trolling agism too. You could be 80 years old, that won’t change who you are.

luvtoseek said:

May 30th, 3:01 pm

@79, is it a University/College ID or driver’s card? Then you should be fine. A passport is also valid.

THE-KZA said:

May 30th, 3:08 pm

There won’t be a “list” like what happened 2 years ago right? haha

May 31st, 12:30 pm

there’s no list. if someone tries to make you sign a list, ignore them. first come, first served. if you’re not in line when we come by to register people, you’re not getting in.

LilBru said:

May 30th, 3:32 pm

I wish I can watch it on G4TV/SpikeTV with CC (Closed Captioning) for the deaf and hearing impaired but I won’t be home to watch it. I wish I can watch it live on UStream or wherever it streams from but I just can’t because no streaming site will feature CC for us and its very frustrating and disappointing.. -_- .. So, I might probably miss it. I can’t record it on DVR because my grandma uses it to watch her favorite programs and its full. This is the 21st Century, how long must I continue to wait for CC to be provided by SONY using UStream and videos on its PSN? Its so frustrating and it feels like SONY doesn’t care, no matter how many times I try to give them feedback, suggestion or share an idea, SONY just doesn’t seem to care.. -_- .. Yes, I am deaf/hearing impaired and so are my other friends. I always try to convince them to buy a PS3 but to save my breath, I want them to watch E3 Press Conference so it could get their attention. I just hope someday SONY will provide for its fans.

the_original_se said:

May 30th, 4:20 pm

Awesome! Was waiting to see if you guys would offer access to E3 again this year. I scooped up one of the E3 passes you guys gave away last year, hope i can get into the conference this year.
And why is it 21 or older? Is there booze at the conference?!

InternatlGamer1 said:

May 30th, 4:29 pm

I want to know about more details on Square-Enix’s “FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII”. I want to see gameplay on the last of Us, Dragon’s Crown, Uncharted 3 GOTY Edition, and more. Please could you get Tetsuya Nomura to show up and showcase “Final Fantasy Versus XIII” running on PS3 hardware. I’d be so happy In fact i bought a 60 GB PS3 back in July 2007 cause I wanted this game.

InternatlGamer1 said:

May 30th, 4:31 pm

How about there be an announcement on FFVII remake for PS3/PS VITA. SONY your PS3 just gets better, and in fact its obtaining some serious ground breaking J-RPG’s like FF Versus XIII, Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch, The Witch and the Hundred Knights, and more. Also when is THE LAST GUARDIAN going to be announced for release I have a large number of friends who want this game as do I.

Idealty said:

May 30th, 4:40 pm

Hey Jeff. I already have an E3 industry badge and will be attending exhibition halls throughout the week. I would love to attend the PS conference as this is my first time at E3 and I am a playstation fan. Is my only opportunity to attend the conference live to be within the 200 guests or can I attend with my Industry credentials?

welcometothesuc said:

May 30th, 5:44 pm

Can’t wait to be there to try and be one of the 200! Will be coming from Camp Pendleton, look for the Marine with the nice hair cut! Thank you very much for offering all of this to the consumers Jeff, we appreciate it! (Played PS3 and my PSP in Afghanistan, really helped out with stress!)

holy-mob said:

May 30th, 6:26 pm

I’m so torn about this. On one hand, I would love to be at the Sports Arena to see the conference live. On the other, I have been looking forward to streaming the conference and chatting with all of my friends about it on Steam.

jose213jose said:

May 30th, 8:14 pm

Awesome, You’ll find me at E3 this year with 6 arms. :)

Isarai said:

May 30th, 10:30 pm

YEAH!!! first time i can watch this live in a while. lines up perfectly during my break :)

American_Cheese4 said:

May 30th, 11:19 pm

Will you be showing ”The Last Of Us”? and possibly a new system? If so im getting both!

KinnyoX said:

May 31st, 6:51 am

I’m old enough to get in the conference.. but i’m far away :(
will i be able to watch the live stream from home?

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

May 31st, 7:12 am

I will be there next year as a contender in the new game company sector. The games I have thought up and will have ready next year will help to include disabled gamers and sight impaired gamers. i look forward to it. I figure the only way Im getting in is either 1. start my own gaming company or 2. start my own media company specifically for gaming. although 3. is that i will just go after making millions with a product i have releasing later this year in the food industry. (need to market it to gamers with in game adverts and e3 will be the best place to Kick it off.)

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

May 31st, 7:14 am

im waiting to see the redesigned move controllers.

saab01 said:

May 31st, 7:55 am

Where is the PS Plus June Preview ?????