PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Aug 07

Aug 07

KickBeat Hits PS Vita and PS3 on September 3rd

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, Zen Studios

It’s been a long, long time coming, but we’re so excited to announce that KickBeat will be available for download on September 3rd for both PS3 and PS Vita. We heard so many of you asking for KickBeat on PS3, so we put our heads down, guzzled gallons of energy drinks, and just made it happen! Best of all, once you buy KickBeat on one platform, you get it free on the other! Two screens for the price of one.

If you’re hearing about KickBeat for the first time, I welcome you to check out a few of our previous blog posts and trailers. And now, in the spirit of awesomely cheesy kung fu movies, we bring you this:

Stay tuned to PlayStation.Blog — in our next KickBeat blog post, I’ll be showing you how to rock out to your very own tracks!

Add Your Own

vanwinkle said:

August 7th, 8:08 am

Awesome! Great news. I had no idea it was coming to PS3, but I’ll probably only play it on Vita still. Great for those who want to play it on PS3, though.

Can’t wait!

Spider-Jew said:

August 7th, 8:08 am

Vita and now PS3 as well?! and for one price :) Very cool! Played this at E3 and it was a lot of fun. I am looking forward to September 3rd. WOOT!

Mercenary09 said:

August 7th, 8:09 am

Finally! Been waiting for this game for a long time now and glad to see it coming soon. September going to be a crazy month for games! Thanks for making it cross buy!

JimmyHACK said:

August 7th, 8:11 am

PS3 port now too! Nice!

IzanagiUser said:

August 7th, 8:15 am

The game could’ve had been released earlier if it was only coming to Vita, but they had to work on making it on PS3. Can’t wait for it.

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

August 7th, 8:34 am

We spent a lot of time on this game (about 3 years!) to get the hand-drawn animations just right, and create a system to allow users to import their own music. Not an easy task for our small team, but I think you’ll be happy with the way it turned out :D

ZELGADIZ-PLUS said:

August 7th, 8:16 am

Finally, september 3rd

Kickbeat psvita!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johnnyp70 said:

August 7th, 8:16 am

SWEET!!!! I love when Bobby comes here-she always brings great news.

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

August 7th, 8:23 am

Thanks! I love being able to chat and bring you guys some awesome news :)

Xcaligamer1 said:

August 7th, 8:17 am

been waiting for this game for a while

BrendanCBear said:

August 7th, 8:25 am

It’s about time we hear some news on this one. :D

KickBeat and Persona 4 The Golden were the two games that got me to buy a PlayStation Vita. I started to think this game was going to die because it started out as a release date of Q4 2012, then it became Q1 2013, and then it became just “sometime in 2013”. I’m glad PS3 players will get to enjoy this one, too – especially since it’s Cross Buy.

By chance, do you guys have a price point labelled yet?

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

August 7th, 8:38 am

The pricing will be in line with our other games – no big surprises from us on that one :)

G-Force08 said:

August 7th, 8:27 am

I guess the *almost* one year delay was for the PS3 version? I’m still playing the Vita version first. I have been eagerly anticipating this game since the day it was first announced.

Can’t wait to play! Thanks for all the hard work guys! :D

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

August 7th, 8:36 am

Nope – we spent a LOT of time on the hand-drawn animations and getting the beat matching as accurate as possible so people could import their own music :)

IzoGray said:

August 7th, 8:31 am

Wow. Bobby looking TOO good in that thumbnail.

LoAlexandria said:

August 7th, 8:32 am

Hell yeah! Been waiting soooo long. Can’t wait!

Wish they would’ve released Vita Version first, since it seems it was done a while ago :/

Band announcements for the game are just awesome – Rob Zombie, Pendulum, POD, In Flames, love it!

xClayMeow said:

August 7th, 8:34 am

I normally don’t like rhythm games, but KickBeat is awesome! I played it at GDC on Vita.

BrendanCBear said:

August 7th, 8:40 am

You guys are should be lobbying Sony for a 64 GB PlayStation Vita memory card for this game alone. My 32 GB can’t handle all the games I have on my Vita and my music library. :p

PainOfSarrow said:

August 7th, 9:24 am

i dont get it. is this a music fighting game ? looks interesting. if there is hip hop beats il get it. if its music like justin bieber, il reather drop face first concrete.

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

August 7th, 9:49 am

There’s no Bieber in it – but you can add your own music to the game. More info at kickbeat.com :)

supermoc10 said:

August 7th, 9:44 am

Hey look, another Vita exclusive also coming to PS3 now.

Anyway, I was excited about it when you first announced it and I’m glad it’s still coming.

Stranger_Eddie said:

August 7th, 9:46 am

Finally!…. A PS Vita games \o/

PSN PLUS discount?
=======
@PainOfSarrow: “- …if its music like justin bieber, il reather drop face first concrete.”

LOL

neon_tooth said:

August 7th, 10:44 am

between this and dive kick, I’m actually excited about some fighting games. that being said, I’m not really sure what either of them are, but they seem to be new takes on the genre in their own way.

PainOfSarrow said:

August 7th, 10:54 am

Bobby Loertscher , niceeee. adding my own music sounds great. il def look more into this.

swan-ton-bom said:

August 7th, 11:14 am

This game looks very interesting. I just wish I understood it a bit more.

LS_Lodofan said:

August 7th, 11:29 am

Looks very interesting! Will have demo?
I wanna try before buy.

WrekGar said:

August 7th, 12:04 pm

Finally a launch date I’ve waiting and watching for this game since it was announced. Sept 3rd can’t come fast enough.

lisatsunami said:

August 7th, 12:27 pm

Yay, another new Vita game! Thanks!!

RE_Player said:

August 7th, 12:29 pm

Cross buy!!! Will still probably play this most on Vita though. So glad this coming out soon.

BlueBl1zzard said:

August 7th, 1:12 pm

Thank you! Feels like I’ve been waiting forever for this! Day 1 buy right here, I don’t care the price!

Will this game feature cross-save as well?

tusunami said:

August 7th, 1:30 pm

This is a game that I just might pick up!!!!!!!

afigueroa said:

August 7th, 2:37 pm

Damn you Sony!!! I have to constantly transfer and back up games into my PC because all of the games that you release are super awesome!!! My poor 32 GB memory card can’t take it!!

israelpacheco89 said:

August 7th, 4:37 pm

I’m very confused at the trailer I just saw LOL. I’ll still check out the demo and give it a try though :)

Stranger_Eddie said:

August 7th, 6:30 pm

Bobby Loertscher <3 … You are awesome <3

Boxster17 said:

August 7th, 7:50 pm

Seems like this was announced ages ago but it’s great to finally have a release date :) Look forward to picking this up in just under a month – looks to be a perfect quick fix game for the Vita.

Just in time before my next travels as well so I’ll have something new to play while at the airport/on the plane. Hoping the music analyzer for custom tracks (not sure what to call it?) works as well as I’m hoping as I can really see that making me come back to the game for a long time.

Vengeance914 said:

August 8th, 5:34 am

Celldweller, Rob Zombie, Pendulum, Blue Stahli, and In Flames? Definitely Day One buy for me!

tusunami said:

August 8th, 11:19 am

This is cool with the whole cross-buy thing but I would like to see some only PS Vita titles.

altair773 said:

August 8th, 12:54 pm

I am absolutely AMPED for this game; I ran all the way from the EU PSN to make it known here as well

IULO_MARTINEZ said:

August 8th, 3:24 pm

The game will be free?

saab01 said:

August 8th, 6:15 pm

So the Zen team has been too busy with this game and Castlestorm and forgot all about Zen Pinball 2 DLC that’s a shame. I might try this game out since its Zen and I usually like the games they make. Castle Storm was a very fun game.

Kolma528 said:

August 8th, 8:15 pm

This game is the reason I bought a Vita along with PSO2
That said… with PSO2 still not having a date or ANY news for North America and this game being on PS3 too..

I can’t help but feel cheated in my Vita purchase.

Oh well, what’s done is done. I have a Vita and I will be getting this game for it.