PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Dec 15

Dec 15

This Week in PlayStation

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

Hey friends! The holiday season is in full swing, and I haven’t even started my shopping! Wish me luck.

Here are a few highlights from the ol’ PlayStation.Blog this week:

PlayStation 4 was the biggest. Console launch. Ever. Doki-Doki Universe is out now on PS4, PS3 and Vita, Lightning Returns’ Collector’s Edition got an official unveiling, The Walking Dead Season 2 is coming soon to PS3, Naughty Dog sent along an adorable holiday card, the newest Tales game is PS3-bound, and Bit.Trip’s Runner 2 is dashing to PS Vita on Tuesday.

As for me, I’ve been tinkering around in Doki-Doki Universe. It’s adorable, and super weird. If you’ve got a PS4, PS3 or PS Vita, you’d be wise to give it a go — especially since you can check it out for free! Dear old Sid thinks he’s good at Resogun because he beat my score on Veteran, but as soon as I hit publish on this post I intend to remind him who the true master is. It’s the game that keeps on giving. And by giving, I mean perpetuating rivalries between co-workers.

What are you guys and gals playing this weekend?

• I’m playing: Resogun, Doki-Doki Universe
  • I’m watching: Frozen, Saving Mr. Banks
  • I’m listening to: Shigeto, RX Bandits

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

Add Your Own

MrGReaperAlso said:

December 15th, 1:23 pm

I’m playing: AC4 (not exactly much choice on the ps4 at the moment)
I’m watching: Doctor Who
I’m listening to: AC4 sea shanties, dont judge me :)

NO_FEAR said:

December 15th, 1:30 pm

Thanks for the recap, I actually missed the PS4 launch post the other day…all work and no play last couple weeks.

Thanks

gg

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

December 15th, 2:15 pm

Now that that pesky work’s out of the way, you can have some quality gaming time, yes? :)

Void_Incarnate said:

December 15th, 1:39 pm

I’m playing: Dragon’s Crown (PSVita), Spelunky (PSVita)
I’m watching: Arrow, waiting for Doctor Who Xmas Special
I’m listening to: Hotline Miami soundtrack

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

December 15th, 2:09 pm

That Hotline Miami soundtrack just never gets old.

BalmungTaichou said:

December 15th, 1:40 pm

I am playing: battlefield 4
I am watching: Blazblue alter memory
I am listening to Maximum the Hormone if it could only be streamed to PS4

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

December 15th, 2:14 pm

Duuude Maximum the Hormone! Yes! Those guys are so out of control crazy cool. I used to play a ton of this game called DrumMania, and this song of theirs was a favorite of mine: http://youtu.be/HjfNYpS6F00

rwlove said:

December 15th, 1:43 pm

What happened to the what we are reading posts?

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

December 15th, 2:08 pm

I took them out of the weekly recap post. It took a really long time to put that list together (I basically had to sit down and scour the internet for a few hours each week to find stuff and make sure it’s okay to link to), and by the time the end-of-week recap rolled around a lot of those bits were old news anyway.

We still retweet a lot of cool stories we find online though — if you find something cool, let us know on Twitter!

Void_Incarnate said:

December 15th, 1:43 pm

PS, in case there are any Bibliophiles out there, thought I’d add:

I’m reading: The Heroes, by Joe Abercrombie

deadendblues said:

December 15th, 2:10 pm

Playing doki doki and need for speed
Watching top gear UK
Listening no bunny
Reading everything about upcoming fighting games for ps4 and for the book nerds altered carbon

xClayMeow said:

December 15th, 2:22 pm

I hate this new format for “This Week”…

The only part I ever liked was the “What We’re Reading” section and you’ve removed it.

Why do I care what the Top 10 Posts for the week are when I’m checking the site every day. I want EXTERNAL articles, which the aforementioned removed section provided.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

December 15th, 9:37 pm

Hate is a strong word! Thank you for the feedback though. I just replied to Robbie G below but will echo that reply here: I personally saw this post as a recap of which posts were most popular on PS.Blog during the week, as well as collecting the Store post, Plus post, Blogcast and #1 YouTube video into one place. An overarching recap. Keep up with us on Twitter for links to external stories… we retweet cool stuff pretty frequently.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

December 15th, 9:37 pm

I think I said “post” about forty times in that reply. I’m tired.

Zaeron25 said:

December 15th, 2:40 pm

I’m playing: Resogun, Waframe & CoD Ghosts
I’m watching: American Horror Story Coven
I’m listening to: Madeon & Skrillex

Robbie_G_lrish said:

December 15th, 3:03 pm

@8 Yeah, I’ve gotta agree. I understand that maybe it takes too long to find interesting articles but it really makes this post almost pointless. You might as well just make it a “random chat” post.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

December 15th, 9:34 pm

I guess I always looked at this primarily as a recap of what happened on PS.Blog — which posts were most popular during the week, and easy links back to the Store and Plus posts. Thank you for the feedback though! Definitely keep up with us on Twitter if you want more external stories; we retweet cool pieces we find pretty regularly.

death_of_ninja said:

December 15th, 4:10 pm

when’s home coming outta mainence

Nacho_el_Kid said:

December 15th, 4:39 pm

I bought my PS4 here in Chile at the midnight launch november 29th! Congratulations guys!

I only have one thing to ask of you: Could you guys add more resolutions options for the PS4? Most Non 1080p TVs are 768p and most monitors are 900p. At 720p everything looks blurry as the resolution doesnt match AND is lower. If I use 1080p on the other hand, it looks better (as the TVs downscale to their native res) BUT you get some notorious lag and input latency, as the downscaling is being made by the TV!

All in all, please add different resolution options cause not all people have 1080p TVs :( And we all know that the best resolution to play in is not neccesarily 1080p but your TV NATIVE resolution :-)

Cheers! I am playing Battlefield 4 & Killzone Shadow Fall! At 720p….. bring 768p and 900p guys, the PS4 is more than capable!!

AizawaYuuichi said:

December 15th, 6:02 pm

I’m playing: Fallout 3, Spelunky (PS Vita), Rainbow Moon (PS Vita)
I’m watching: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug HFR 3D, Despicable Me 2 (on BD)
I’m listening to: Frozen OST

@Justin: So glad to hear you loved Frozen during the blogcast. I’m with you, I saw the teaser trailer a dozen times, but I randomly stumbled across the full trailer online about two weeks before the movie came out. Had no clue what it was about before that. And I definitely know which song Nick and you were talking about. Disney actually has the full video clip in HD up on youtube on one of their official channels. :D > SPOILER > youtube.com/watch?v=UFatVn1hP3o

Kinda want to see it again, but not going to have time right now. I watched it in 3D the first time, so enjoy that. The ice castle scene was very, very impressive. ;)

BossmanCCrowder1 said:

December 15th, 7:24 pm

Can’t wait for Walking Dead! So excited.

mahirghari said:

December 15th, 8:00 pm

Hey All,

I got that $10 credit for spending tons of the PSN store during thanksgiving. I’m considering Dragon’s Crown for PS Vita, worth the plunge at the current price? I wish I knew in advance what this week’s new deals would be…trying to save the $10 for a MUST buy, lol….

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

December 15th, 9:32 pm

I enjoyed Dragon’s Crown a lot, even if I didn’t get consumed entirely by it. Ryan Clements, on the other hand, has put like a million hours into it. He still talks about it all the time.

xClayMeow said:

December 15th, 8:15 pm

@mahirghari, Dragon’s Crown is worth full price on Vita! Great game and the touch controls for finding secrets and cooking makes it the superior version to PS3.

mahirghari said:

December 15th, 8:25 pm

Thanks xClayMeow, I’m definitely an Atlus fan. Dragon’s Crown seems like a game you can pour hours into at a time or some quick rpg action on the go, so I’ll probably just buy it, thanks for your recommendation!

RE_Player said:

December 15th, 8:33 pm

I’m playing: Diablo 3

That’s it… It has consumed my life. Thank you Justin for the recommendation and discussion on the blogcast. Looking forward to the PS4 version.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

December 15th, 9:31 pm

Oh man, Diablo 3 is so, so good. I’m jonesin’ hard for the PS4 version, even though I sunk 60 or so hours into it on PS3 already.

mahirghari said:

December 15th, 8:48 pm

I’m playing: Ys Memories of Celceta (PSVita), Fifa 14 (PS3)
I’m watching: Arrow, The Hobbit
I’m listening to: Fifa 14 Soundtrack

Can’t wait for this week’s deals!

rabidninjamonky said:

December 15th, 8:51 pm

I’m playing: Spelunky, Tales of Xillia and Velocity Ultra. Velocity Ultra is driving me insane. I tried to get a perfect on level 10 for about an hour straight. I missed it by 1 second 3 times and 2 seconds more times than I can count!! I can’t do it!
I’m watching: Survivor season finale, Korean action movies on netflix(especially The Man From Nowhere) It’s one of my favorite movies ever! I also can’t wait to rent Prisoners when it’s released Tuesday!

mahirghari said:

December 15th, 9:24 pm

@rabidninjamonky The Man from Nowhere is one of my all time favorite movies, so brilliant!

Altruish said:

December 16th, 12:22 am

Speaking of Hotline Miami, that would be really fun to play on the PS4. *cough*

THEONE309 said:

December 16th, 12:56 am

I’m playing: Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen (just finished Dragon’s Crown on PS3)
I’m watching: Arrow, Homeland
I’m listening to: Hotline Miami & Datura OST

JeRzYzFyNeSt said:

December 16th, 3:40 am

Can we have a Diablo3 release date for PS4?? dammit i hate waiting

gowofwarkratos1 said:

December 16th, 5:20 am

I’m playing: GOW Ascension on PS3
I’m watching: IGN on youtube
I’m listening to: Hotline Miami

My PS4 is still on the way.
Guys, any plans for a bigger playstation TV? I love to watch 3D movies and play games in the 24 inches model, which by the way, I use as my main TV. But I would like to enjoy my PS4 in a bigger screen. The price and settings for the first one was perfect. I am looking foward for a possible Playstation TV with more USB and HDMI entries ^_^

INFIDEL_JIHAD said:

December 16th, 5:27 am

The around the web with news about playstion from gaming sites was my favorite part about this post too

KiLLa_JEeZy said:

December 16th, 8:12 am

Hi Guys at Sony,

I have recently purchased the PS4 and noticed when registering my blutooth devices even the USB stick

headset that they are not compatible with the console. The devices are all Sony but yet not supported? This has

hampered my ability to communicate properly with team mates. Please Sony Dev’s come up with a resolution for

this issue soon the headset supplied for the Ps4 is weak and I would like some bass when listening to

explosions or even footsteps from near by enemies. I don’t care is this isn’t for random request but this needs to

be brought to the attention of Sony for a speedy fix.

Kind Regards,

KiLLa_JeEzy

xClayMeow said:

December 16th, 8:26 am

Justin, which Twitter account do you keep referring to? @PlayStation, @HeyPlaystation or something else?

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

December 16th, 11:31 am

@PlayStation is the main one. @HeyPlayStation is a good one to follow too; they give stuff away all the time!

mahirghari said:

December 17th, 8:06 pm

Hey xClayMeow and Justin,

Thanks for recommending Dragon’s Crown on vita, absolutely LOVE it, it was instantly fun right from the get go, worth every penny!