Knack 2

Feb 03

Feb 03

PlayStation Blogcast 236: Hashtag Jacket Cat

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

Subscribe via iTunes, Google or RSS, or download here

Is Resident Evil 7 in virtual reality *too* scary? Horror aficionado Sid Shuman reports! Plus, some early impressions of Nioh — which launches next week! Finally, the gang talks about their beefy hands-on session with Horizon Zero Dawn, all leading up to an enlightening interview with Hermen Hulst of Guerrilla Games. Enjoy!

Stuff We Talked About

• Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Resident Evil 7…
  • … in VR!
  • Nioh

Recent Episodes

The Cast

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Zac Minor

Sid Shuman – Director of Social Media, SIEA
Justin Massongill – Social Media Manager, SIEA
Zac Minor – Sr. Social Media Manager, SIEA

Send us questions and tips! blogcast@sony.com
Leave us a voicemail! (650) 288-6706

Thanks to Cory Schmitz for our beautiful logo and Dormilón for our rad theme song and show music.

Add Your Own

Robbie_G_lrish said:

February 3rd, 3:38 pm

I think Sony should consider remastering The Puppeteer and throwing it on VR. I feel like it never got a fair chance the first time around and it was made with 3DTVs in mind.

CommandingTiger said:

February 4th, 3:54 pm

I believe Sony should talk with Square-Enix to get Final Fantasy Dissidia exclusively for the PS4.
    They already have a graphically enhanced version working in Japan. I want it to come to the N/A and Europe.

jgrizzle358 said:

February 3rd, 4:49 pm

*ears perk up*

I heard my name.

Ah yes, Resident Evil 7. Where to begin? As one of the fans of the franchise that was disappointed with the more action route that five and six took I was super happy with the return to horror roots in seven.

I also love how the further in you go the more and more Resident Evil it starts to feel. The game has some fantastic pacing. Switching from horror to Comedy to action back to horror and so on. I also love all of the nods and references to previous Resident Evil games and the feeling of familiarity that you get from certain parts of the game. I got vibes from 1, 4 and Revelations

Sid is right by the way, VR is the definitive way to experience this game. This is the most immersive VR experience I have ever had. I literally felt like I was there at every moment. All of the uncomfortable close-ups and trigger happy panic moments just are not the same on a flat screen. Plus you aim the gun with your head, it puts the evening dot right in the center of your vision making accuracy much more precise. Best VR game I’ve ever played and possibly the best horror game next to Soma.

God-Of-Lyf said:

February 4th, 6:49 am

FYI Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is on a flash sale for $18.74. Your welcome Sony…!

ElectroplasmGT said:

February 4th, 4:06 pm

I have a ps4 pro and even signed up for the 1.50 firmware a while ago. However, sony has passed over me once again for no reason. Now people who dont even need the firmware are getting it. Can someone at sony allow me to use the firmware? I bought a ps4 pro yet i cant even update it to use boost mode? Why?

ElectroplasmGT said:

February 4th, 4:09 pm

I meant 4.50 but it autocorrected for some reason

KBG29 said:

February 5th, 1:22 am

Still no way to listen to the Blogcast via PS4. Please get this on Spotify or offer it as a download on the PS Store every week.