PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

The PSB, SOCOM & Killzone Recap

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Oct 11, 2008 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Courtesy of David “Point Man” Brothers

• Demolished – Take a look at the other kind of Demolition.
  • Final Beta Wrap – We had four great nights of beta battles.
  • Location, Location, Location – Where do you play?
  • Guns of the Beta – What did you use?
  • Next Week! – Are you ready for release?
  • killzone

Courtesy of Victor Zuylen – Editor, Killzone Community

• The Heavy Soldier – We investigate the creation of one of the most dangerous enemies in Killzone 2, from initial concept to animation.
    • The Resistance – Finally, a slice of Killzone history from the perspective of the ISA is revealed. Spot the differences with the Helghast version!

42 Comments

+ D-White on October 11th, 2008 at 11:59 am said:

Hey Thanks for the updates Jeff,can you give us an update on HOME? I know you were talking about QORE subcribers getting is first? can you clarify this?

+ outkast32 on October 11th, 2008 at 12:02 pm said:

I would also like to know when qore gets the resistance 2 beta?
and why was the “exclusive” demo in episode 5 of qore FREE on the european store.

+ lifeRPGs on October 11th, 2008 at 12:03 pm said:

What’s happening with fat princess?

+ Ghostm on October 11th, 2008 at 12:07 pm said:

What happened to the nine unknown announcements at TGS?

+ ftwrthtx on October 11th, 2008 at 12:09 pm said:

@Jeff
Do you ever visit the Playstation forums?

Thanks for the updates.

+ jbat17 on October 11th, 2008 at 12:15 pm said:

any news on the R2 beta?

+ lifeRPGs on October 11th, 2008 at 12:17 pm said:

Oh yeah, you promised 11 announcement at TOKYO GAME SHOW….where is it? you did not announce anything…in fact you announced 3 of these 11 early, so where are the 8 others?

And i have a question regarding the PSP STORE..using my PSP, will i have to sign in using the same login informations from my PSN?

+ TheInfectedBy590 on October 11th, 2008 at 12:31 pm said:

Man I was so hyped for TGS this year, especially after Sony announced they would show us the new 9(?)…11(?)…14(?) unannounced titles…. What happened?

+ lakaihigh on October 11th, 2008 at 12:34 pm said:

I personally loved this week! all great things came out out of TGS 08. kinda makes me wonder what’ll be there next year. All im really interested in right now though is my decision between Bioshock and Dead Space.

peace,
Lh

+ C-h-a-o-s on October 11th, 2008 at 1:02 pm said:

Kind of bummed out I didn’t get invited into the KZl beta. I wonder if being 24 I no longer fit the age demographic for these betas, Niether of the 3 shooter betas I was accepted for, since about 95% of my games are shooters I figured I would of been a perfect candidate. Oh well poop happens.

As always thanks for the updates Jeff there’s always something on here I missed during the week.

+ Ortohinco on October 11th, 2008 at 1:09 pm said:

No game announcements from Sony was shown at TGS. Apparently, they think stuff like Linger in Shadows and Dress are going to sell PS3 systems in Japan.

At least Microsoft knows what they are doing, with exclusive SO4 and bringing Tekken 6 to their system.

I bet we will see SO4 come out in the US before White Knight.

+ Ghostm on October 11th, 2008 at 1:18 pm said:

@ 9 lakaihigh

Dude, do not buy Bioshock. Go with Dead Space or Socom. $60 for an old game that was on another console.

+ Clinton514 on October 11th, 2008 at 1:29 pm said:

Ortohinco :lol: Doing well. I guess…if you look at the huge gaps in total sales you’d think otherwise.

Besides, who cares what they’re doing on a PlayStation related blog?

+ PSPsGTghOost on October 11th, 2008 at 1:38 pm said:

Any hints when the GTA4 trophy support is hitting?

+ H3AVY F1R3 on October 11th, 2008 at 2:02 pm said:

I’m kinda bummed out. I wanted some KINGDOM HEARTS III

+ Jeigh on October 11th, 2008 at 2:07 pm said:

That weapon the heavy troopers in KZ2 use is so freaking awesome.

And do we have any specifics on Quantum Theory? I’m kind of shocked/skeptical that Tecmo is making a PS3 exclusive…

+ Stoffinator on October 11th, 2008 at 2:17 pm said:

What happened to TGS? Use to be a good show, this year was incredibly boring and uneventful.

+ FritoZ on October 11th, 2008 at 2:24 pm said:

thanks for the recap!

too bad about bioshock…major letdown..

just got 100% trophies on Linger in the Shadows!

have a good weekend everyone!

+ Jayceon_Kidd on October 11th, 2008 at 2:24 pm said:

Have you guys even payed attention to tgs, you say nothing has been announced but I’ve seen a bunch of ps3 exclusive games announced, I haven’t counted do so I don’t know how many have been announced. Their also all original with the exception of Spelunker (WTF your remaking one of the worst games ever). The one I’m most intrigued by is nobi nobi boy.

+ MariusElijah on October 11th, 2008 at 2:53 pm said:

UMM SONY where is my 14 unannounced titles
what are you waiting for

why must you lie to me over and over again

+ KazeEternal on October 11th, 2008 at 3:10 pm said:

I’m with #20-MariusElijah…. where are those 14 unannounced titles we heard so much about jeff? Is sony going to say something before TGS is over?

+ schwaa on October 11th, 2008 at 3:38 pm said:

where are the exclusive tgs games? where is the R2 beta? they said early october…almost mid october now…

+ Masterofallz on October 11th, 2008 at 4:13 pm said:

October 21st is the day that i’ll offically be poor. SO MANY GREAT GAMES COMING OUT!

+ Ghostm on October 11th, 2008 at 5:22 pm said:

@ 14 H3AVY F1R3

The real question is. Do we have to Start GTA 4 all over again to get the Trophies? Some of us have already finished the game 100%.

+ lb003g0676 on October 11th, 2008 at 5:37 pm said:

Everyone is cross with the lack of TGS news

Where was Team ICO…. Dear god that is all I care about!

+ absolute on October 11th, 2008 at 5:44 pm said:

How do we get into the Killzone beta? Is it random?

+ IIIKAGEIII on October 11th, 2008 at 5:44 pm said:

does australia get the socom bundle with the headset included?

+ Sev1512 on October 11th, 2008 at 6:04 pm said:

I really hope I get an invite to the Killzone 2 Beta.

C’mon Killzone Command Center!!!

+ C-h-a-o-s on October 11th, 2008 at 6:21 pm said:

Hey Jeff, I know PSN is free and game production cost a lot but will we ever get a free game? Even if it’s like 10 minutes long lol. Not so sound greedy or cheap but hell who doesn’t love freebies? Please before anyone comments I know we get a ton of free content already but never a game like the competition has gotten. Just wondering :-)

+ BZKlint on October 11th, 2008 at 7:29 pm said:

Jeff, will you be playing in the R2 beta at all? I know I am :)

+ THATPSPGUY on October 11th, 2008 at 7:31 pm said:

Socom Beta even with its bugs was GREAT, looking very much forward to owning the noobs and those Fans that never got in the Beta this coming week. We who have participated in the beta are the “Socom Elite”. Through one way or another we secured our place in the Beta, be it the Friday match ups with Point Man, or just all out regular frag fest gameplay. It was my pleasure to play the beta. Which ends in just a few albeit too short hours.

Release is just a few days away, how are we going to be able to live without Socom till then?

+ BZKlint on October 11th, 2008 at 7:36 pm said:

Off-topic, but has anyone else on here ever play or heard of Battlezone 1 or 2 for PC?

Their old games (1998 & 1999), but still my top two favorites of ALL games (which is saying something) for anyone who wants to try the demo: download.com/Battlezone-demo/3000-7563_4-10016832.html -(9.4 out of 10 @ gamespot)

+ initialg3434 on October 11th, 2008 at 10:01 pm said:

thanks Jeff, i was wonder if there is any update on resistance 2 beta; since the game is hitting store shelf really soon.

+ Jayceon_Kidd on October 11th, 2008 at 10:13 pm said:

wow chaos how greedy can you get. I say you give him a free ten dollar psn game, then make him pay 50 dollars a year to play online to see how he likes the competition

+ azad_champ on October 12th, 2008 at 5:20 am said:

I guess you guys at Sony missed all the “Tekken 6 headed for 360″ headlines. But it’s okay. It’s not like that game sold in millions of copies and had a fanbase that was born with the PS.

+ Blooper62 on October 12th, 2008 at 6:23 am said:

Hey Jeff,
Can you say if Socom is going to come out on the Playstation store on Tuesday or do we have to wait till Thursday?

+ C-los on October 12th, 2008 at 7:16 am said:

@15: KH3 will be like in 2010-11… So don’t get too excited.
Anyways, it was a good week. For those of you that want to check up on the news, be patient until Jeff post ” What we read ” Thread, or go to ps3fanboy.
I also enjoyed my LBP beta on it’s last night. =)I’m gonna pre-order now!

+ WHAT on October 12th, 2008 at 7:18 am said:

I seen the mini motor bike used for Motor Storm on Kotaku. I used one of the old spring animal rides that they used at parks. I made some modifications so it comfortable for adults. Adds a totally awesome way to play, but it makes you feel kind of stupid when others are watching. ;)

I tried it with Wipeout, but the tilt for the game is so messed up I can’t seem to get a groove going before I smack into the walls. :(

+ cywulf21 on October 12th, 2008 at 8:36 am said:

@9
Check out Toys R us, they have a buy 2 get one free sale on video games thru this week.

+ C-h-a-o-s on October 12th, 2008 at 10:21 am said:

@34 been there done that.

+ GGCAN on October 12th, 2008 at 11:04 am said:

Thanks Jeff.

October is turning out to be a good month for the PS3.

+ SeriousGamerz on October 15th, 2008 at 6:55 am said:

hellooo!!! can people please put the word out for killzone 2 to be 4 player splitscreen multiplayer?!? i really want that because there are no fps games on ps3 that has splitscreen multiplayer to go online