Driveclub

inFAMOUS 2: See the E3 Trailer Now!

Nate Fox's Avatar + Posted by Nate Fox on Jun 15, 2010 // Game Director, Sucker Punch Productions

E3! It’s finally here, and those of us from Sucker Punch couldn’t be more excited. Today we’re getting a chance to show off the first trailer for our new game (you guessed it) inFAMOUS 2.

In inFAMOUS we told the story of Cole MacGrath, an ordinary guy who gets superpowers. This time around in inFAMOUS 2, Cole starts out as a full on superhero and only gets more and more powerful. It’s more visceral, brutal and personal experience that commands you attention, making you feel the part of the superhero in every decision you make… be it for good or evil.

Get ready for the hell of a fight right off the bat. At the beginning of the game Cole meets a civilization ending villain who’s too powerful to beat. Looking to get stronger powers for a rematch Cole is forced to head south to New Marais, the town where the Ray Sphere was designed and built. Like I said, Cole starts out the game as a superhero over the course of inFAMOUS 2 he’s going to become a super super hero (that’s right double super).

If you check out the new trailer you’ll get an eyeful of steamy New Marais; it’s a town inspired by the great cities of the American south, particularly New Orleans. My father grew up there, when I was a kid he would tell me stories about the place: man eater alligators, creepy buildings, jazz music, river boat casinos, above ground cemeteries, and people going crazy at Mardi Gras. He made the town sound larger than life, full of overpowering beauty and scary stuff in every alley, what better place to set a superhero story?

While watching the new trailer you’ll also get a glimpse at Cole’s new threads, the perfect outfit for jumping across rooftops on those humid New Marais nights. Actually Cole’s going to be doing a lot more than jumping this time around; his parkour and electrical powers continue to grow, providing him with more and more ways to fluidly race through the city.

He’s also picked up a fine, fine new weapon to bash enemies with; it’s basically two heavy pipes with some stored up electrical charge between the poles (sorta like the world’s biggest cattle prod). Laying into villains with this baby is exactly the kind of thing I’m talking about when describing inFAMOUS 2 as more visceral, brutal and personal. You can feel the pain Cole is dishing out when the weapon connects with a enemy’s skull.

Anyhow, there you go. I look forward to posting more stuff once we have it ready for the public. inFAMOUS 2 is the biggest, baddest game Sucker Punch has ever tried to pull off… stay tuned for more from on inFAMOUS 2 in the near future.

Nate Fox

170 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ wolverine81 on June 15th, 2010 at 2:00 pm said:

Can’t wait for this game!

+ Chvor on June 15th, 2010 at 2:01 pm said:

ICE!!!!!!

+ TakiFuGu on June 15th, 2010 at 2:02 pm said:

Who is that main character? What happened to Cole? What’s going on?

+ Enigma777 on June 15th, 2010 at 2:03 pm said:

I still hate that new art design. Honestly what the hell were you guys thinking?! You only change the artstyle when it’s a reboot, not when it’s a goddamn direct sequel on the same console!!!

Ugh… just ugh…

+ jayrockslife on June 15th, 2010 at 2:04 pm said:

I loved the first game and this is going to be siiick!

+ kdiep on June 15th, 2010 at 2:05 pm said:

Did not like Cole’s new look but apart from that, the game looks GREAT!

+ skynidas on June 15th, 2010 at 2:05 pm said:

This game will rock. The first one was one of the greatest experiences for me in my PS3, and im sure that this one will be even better.

Sucker Punch FTW!

+ Superstrokey1123 on June 15th, 2010 at 2:06 pm said:

@3

That is Cole.

+ Bioman20 on June 15th, 2010 at 2:07 pm said:

Whats with the wepon?

+ Superstrokey1123 on June 15th, 2010 at 2:07 pm said:

ALso do we have a date on this?

+ Superstrokey1123 on June 15th, 2010 at 2:07 pm said:

READ THE POST PEOPLE, dont just look at the pictures

+ REDBLACKWHITE5 on June 15th, 2010 at 2:09 pm said:

aww cool an inFAMOUS 2 e3 trailer
too bad i cant watch it from my ps3…..smh

+ Kchow23 on June 15th, 2010 at 2:10 pm said:

loved the first inFamous… looking forward to this!

+ MarkNMo on June 15th, 2010 at 2:10 pm said:

Is there time to change Cole back before release? :(

+ mew_frenger on June 15th, 2010 at 2:10 pm said:

this game looks good, but it looks more like a new infamous 1, than infamous 2.. i mean with how the story ended just another new city doesnt make me go yay! but the first was great, so il def. buy it day 1.

+ wocyob on June 15th, 2010 at 2:11 pm said:

loving this… cant wait to see more about the ice powers
and how cole got them…. if thats even his ice powers

+ Fluidshine on June 15th, 2010 at 2:13 pm said:

AWESOME.

+ Sponge-worthy on June 15th, 2010 at 2:13 pm said:

inFamous was a great first game. It’s hard to tell much about the sequel from the trailer, but I’m definitely looking forward to seeing more.

+ Lego_My_Eggo on June 15th, 2010 at 2:13 pm said:

any chance or saves from the first game will be used in anyway with the new game? i ask because the look and powers of cole were different based on how goo/bad you were. anychance those decisions will play a part in the new cole?

+ wout51 on June 15th, 2010 at 2:16 pm said:

Dissapointing redesign of Cole (and of the game’s dark gritty atmosphere). Looks very generic and cliche and the voice acting is crap.

A nice game it will surely probably be, but it ain’t the sequel to one of my favourite games from the past years (infamous 2).

+ Blkant on June 15th, 2010 at 2:17 pm said:

I don’t like the looks of the new cole…

+ blackmoses11 on June 15th, 2010 at 2:17 pm said:

Hmmmm… Cole has changed a bit! Looks like a surfer guy now… The game still looks good.

+ Blkant on June 15th, 2010 at 2:18 pm said:

Plus it doesn’t look as dark or deep as the first… To say I’m worried would be an understatement.

+ Berae on June 15th, 2010 at 2:18 pm said:

Infamous 1 was awesome and i’m looking forward to this one even more!! too bad its coming out next year tho :( i would have love it this holiday. That wait will be well worth it i think!

+ eksMAN on June 15th, 2010 at 2:19 pm said:

what happened to coles face n voice?

+ Killer2Kellz on June 15th, 2010 at 2:20 pm said:

infamous 2 looks like an awesome game and im definitly buying it the day it releases, but i was hoping there you would be able to teleport like kessler. anyone else agree

+ MastrrrWabbit on June 15th, 2010 at 2:20 pm said:

Man, this trailer has me torn. Should I pause every frame and try to dissect as much information as I can out of it, or should I try and avoid that thereby furthering my anticipation of the game? Still, loved the first one, and I eagerly expect this one to be even better.

+ footballrule on June 15th, 2010 at 2:20 pm said:

I hope amazon.com will have some type of special reward for pre-ordering. Last year, if you pre-ordered InFamous from amazon.com, you got a Playstation Home Reaper outfit. Do something for Playstation again Sucker Punch! :)

+ roseofmayix on June 15th, 2010 at 2:21 pm said:

Cole seems to be redesigned to seem like Nathan Drake. Its very obvious and a very obvious fail. I liked the Cole from the first game better. *sigh*

+ TakiFuGu on June 15th, 2010 at 2:23 pm said:

I’m not feeling the weapon thing at all.

+ wanethemane93 on June 15th, 2010 at 2:28 pm said:

Loved the first game and can’t wait to get my hands on the sequel. And as a New Orleanian, I’m glad that the great city I was born and raised in was inspiration for you guys up at Sucker Punch while working on InFamous 2. Looks awesome guys and keep up the good work.

Wayne Holmes-New Orleans, Louisiana

+ Xoonaka on June 15th, 2010 at 2:28 pm said:

Please change him back.

This is the world of video games. We don’t recast main characters. If anything, we occasionally do “reboots”, in which things are messed with and changed around. This isn’t a reboot… so… just stop. Change his voice and model back. I can’t buy this game with such a glaring disconnect.

I mean, haven’t you guys heard of “Suspension of Disbelief”? Why would you do something so glaringly disconnected from what your fans had in the first game??

+ stormyuk on June 15th, 2010 at 2:30 pm said:

What have they done to Cole? REALLY bad, totally ruined the continuity, was he asking too much of a fee for #2? :/

+ ycole11 on June 15th, 2010 at 2:34 pm said:

Looks great. I loved the first and the redesign isn’t as bad as people are making out. Nice job guys.

+ Samarotu on June 15th, 2010 at 2:34 pm said:

i had the fear & it came true….

this guy is not Cole… he has nothing to do anymore with the wonderfull torn character & MAN from the first Infamous..

this mainstream Boy is so misplaced in this game & the voice….

omg…

i really can´t understand y you guys can´t stick to the Cole you created in the first place & which was PERFECT…

for me infamous 2 is not the game&story anymore i loved…

sry but this extreme changes r annoying me… & i really don´t think i´m gonne lean my hands on the sequel.

+ MisterClean on June 15th, 2010 at 2:38 pm said:

Please change Cole back and get the original voice actor. I don’t mind different clothes, but a whole new face? Come on.

The rest looks cool. Glad you don’t lose powers.

+ ProwlingFox on June 15th, 2010 at 2:38 pm said:

hah, guess what.

My name is also Nate Fox.

+ MisterClean on June 15th, 2010 at 2:38 pm said:

One more request…

It would be very cool (IMHO) if the

+ MisterClean on June 15th, 2010 at 2:42 pm said:

Sorry.

One more request…

It would be very cool (IMHO) if the Cole in inFamous 2 was based on a save file from the original (if one is available). So if you were good with full powers, your good with full powers. If your evil with full powers…

But if you hadn’t reach your full powers that you are a little weaker. I think it would add a little dimension to the game, plus make others want to get or finish the original.

+ NEJI64 on June 15th, 2010 at 2:42 pm said:

I hope Cole don’t have one of those British/Aussie Accents. I hate there accent, its annoying. It sound like nails on a chalkboard

+ whitwhit on June 15th, 2010 at 2:42 pm said:

already pre order on amazon!

+ Superstrokey1123 on June 15th, 2010 at 2:46 pm said:

Day 1 for me, absolutely loved the first game.

+ Reverend_M on June 15th, 2010 at 2:47 pm said:

The Cole I came to love, has been butchered and killed off :(

+ FireDragonGod on June 15th, 2010 at 2:49 pm said:

Y Must Cole Have Ice Instead Of Fire ??? -_-”

+ cmargary on June 15th, 2010 at 2:49 pm said:

Really awesome but seriously… That cole looks like a backstreet boy. I want the badass one. Everything else perfect. Btw I like the new clothes

+ Zee_009 on June 15th, 2010 at 2:49 pm said:

ICE!!!!he can control ice.Imagine everything he could do with both fire and ice.Amazing… straight up amazing.

+ Gitaroo on June 15th, 2010 at 2:49 pm said:

new cole sucks, can’t believe that many ppl complained any they didnt even say anything about it

+ starBlinky01 on June 15th, 2010 at 2:53 pm said:

I would have liked it better if you guys created a new character.. Because I liked the old Cole. This new guy is reeeeally lame :(

Eager to see more though to put my worries to rest and finally be excited for this game.

+ theRockID on June 15th, 2010 at 2:59 pm said:

ICE? and Cole looks so different, i’m a little upset but i can’t wait for the game

+ CondorMcG on June 15th, 2010 at 3:02 pm said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You know, I should be super exited for this game. I platinumed the first one, blast shards and all, and absolutely adored it. I felt like such a hero playing good, and stuggled to finish on evil because I felt so bad. I’m not sure how this game will do the same with Cole making wisecracks like Nathan Drake. I should be super excited, but instead I’m aprehensive.

I hope you know what you’re doing SuckerPunch.

PAGE 1 2 3 4