Driveclub

First Video: Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen for PS Vita

+ Posted by "Filthie" Rich Bantegui on Dec 19, 2011 // NAMCO BANDAI Games Community Manager

Hey guys, @FilthieRich back at you with some all-new hotness premiering here on the PlayStation.Blog before anywhere else. You know I like to hook it up, and hook it up I shall.

We’re nearly two months away from the launch of the PS Vita here in North America and Europe on February 22nd, 2012 – and as many of you know NAMCO BANDAI Games will be bringing Acquire’s epic assassin tale of vengeance and betrayal to the PS Vita on DAY ONE! If you aren’t familiar with Acquire’s work, they have a killer pedigree having worked on series’ like Tenchu and Way of the Samurai, so you can bet your lucky ninja stars that their next epic will be impaling the competition on day one.

Let us know what you think of this first video in the comments section, and join me in my campaign in convincing the @PlayStation team to give me a PS Vita early. The teasing and taunting continues and I need one YESTERDAY. Also, keep your eyes right here to the PlayStation.Blog in the coming days and weeks when we kick off an exclusive series of blogs and info from the developers themselves. Get HYPED my friends, NAMCO BANDAI Games and PS Vita are going to be in full effect this February. Stay tuned!

+ EatDeath on December 19th, 2011 at 9:05 am said:

You have got me so hyped for a PS Vita and this game, must preorder now!

+ polo155 on December 19th, 2011 at 9:10 am said:

Yea I’m dying for my PS Vita also!

+ polo155 on December 19th, 2011 at 9:11 am said:

…this game also looks very interesting!

+ bigz512 on December 19th, 2011 at 9:12 am said:

I havent played the original, so in terms of plot, will I understand this?

+ “Filthie” Rich Bantegui on December 20th, 2011 at 4:02 pm said:

I feel that even if you haven’t played the first, you should have a great time with Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen. Everything will be nice and brand new. I would suggest buying band-aids for all the blisters and none-stop playing!

+ SlaughteredNinja on December 19th, 2011 at 9:13 am said:

I’ll see if I can get this game with VITA as well.

+ Heavenly_king on December 19th, 2011 at 9:14 am said:

So far the games I am buying at launch are these:

Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Ninja Gaiden Sigma PLUS
Gravity Rush

And by how this game is looking Shinobido 2 too XD

+ bigz512 on December 19th, 2011 at 9:16 am said:

Games I’m getting at launch:
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Gravity Rush
Shinobido 2
Escape Plan
LBP
ModNation
Unit 13
Little Deviants

those are just the ones I preordered.

+ head20 on December 19th, 2011 at 9:54 am said:

y cant we get a wifi bundle with uncharted or umvc3 with a 8gb memory card like they have in the Asian release on 23rd of Dec not fair.. sony always give us girly freaking bundles check out the psp first bundles go ahead ill wait……. my point your major day one sells are going to be hardcore gamers give us the goods you said long live play well make it happen i thought this was sony not nintendo if i want to play a kiddy game ill buy a 3DS tighten up .

+ Dustinwp on December 19th, 2011 at 10:50 am said:

Sold! I’ll be picking this up on launch. I’m a huge fan of Tenchu and can’t wait to give this game a go.

+ Lirion on December 19th, 2011 at 11:02 am said:

Can’t wait to get this on the Vita.

+ EagerSnake on December 19th, 2011 at 11:07 am said:

I thought the same thing about Tenchu and this game Dustinwp. Can’t wait to get it, but I would like to see some improvement in the graphics area…

+ poisonedsodapop on December 19th, 2011 at 11:09 am said:

@head20 I’ve had a 3DS since launch, it’s actually HARD to find good kid games on that system lol. I work for a game store and someone asked me what was a good kid game on the system. There really weren’t too many. All I’ve got for my 3DS are not “kiddy” games at all aside from Nintendogs.

That being said I’m liking the look of this game. I love stealth games. If/when I pick up a Vita I’ll probably get this as well. I’m iffy about buying on launch day now after I bought my 3DS. That and the ridiculous memory card prices and the inability to play PS1 games at launch have me not wanting a Vita right off the bat. And lack of color selection.

+ Budapesti on December 19th, 2011 at 11:13 am said:

Have many fond memories of the Tenchu series, so I at least have to give this a look. I always loved the authentic-feeling Ninja-ness of that series (to a gaijin, at least!) with its evil shoguns and flowing kimonos. This looks like a fitting continuation of that series, and if it is then it’s a day-one purchase for me.

+ Budapesti on December 19th, 2011 at 11:15 am said:

@EagerSnake It DOES look like this may have been a PSP title originally, and ported over to Vita at a late stage. Nonetheless, it’s a Tenchu game in all but name, or so it seems, so I definitely want to check it out.

+ EagerSnake on December 19th, 2011 at 11:39 am said:

@ Budapesti Definitely, but at the end, who cares? It looks like old stealth gameplay mechanics so, it would worth the price I think. I hope that Sony keeps this way and bring us more AAA games for the Vita ;)

+ Souledge94 on December 19th, 2011 at 12:02 pm said:

this is the main game I want for vita

+ ro-kurorai on December 19th, 2011 at 12:54 pm said:

Thanks for sharing Rich. Can you confirm whether Japanese voices will be included in our version, or does Shinobido 2 feature English VAs only?

+ boxmyth on December 19th, 2011 at 1:39 pm said:

A Japanese language/English subtitle option would make it much easier for my wallet to say yes to this.

+ Kantankoras on December 19th, 2011 at 2:35 pm said:

Been craving Tenchu action lately, can’t wait.

One question, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus… is that just the first one ported? I have the PS3 version so I think I’m going to have to skip it, which sucks because I really wanted to play a NG on my NGP, so if it was the second or the upcoming third, that would be great.

+ ro-kurorai on December 19th, 2011 at 2:56 pm said:

I second that, boxmyth. Importing/shipping fees from Japan would probably be higher than the price of the game itself.

+ spideyal on December 19th, 2011 at 3:29 pm said:

At first I felt it didn’t LOOK like a PSVita game. Especially with Uncharted, LBP and the game by Zipper. Kind of disappointed me. But I think the gameplay sold me on this one. Looks absolutely ace. Can see myself playing it for sure, but it’ll be at small amounts of time per session.

I hope the next game in this series (if it’s on the Vita) improves on the visuals.

+ Enzo_man on December 19th, 2011 at 4:22 pm said:

I’ve been wanting a new Tenchu game so badly and this looks like it’ll be perfect! This will be one of the games I’m getting for my Vita come February 22nd!!

+ iceboy9020 on December 19th, 2011 at 6:34 pm said:

Honestly I think that this does not show anything near ps3 quality. Its starting to make me feel regretful about preordering the first edition bundle.

+ SolduNuts on December 19th, 2011 at 7:34 pm said:

Just throw this game on the already heaping pile of good launch titles for the PSV. Might need to save even more money then I originally intended. I still hope that the PSV will play PSONE games so I will already have a huge library of great games.

Sold.

+ izzy_dastar on December 19th, 2011 at 7:50 pm said:

i have to save up to get mine i already got $210 so far and counting im so impatient for it

+ WoJoe on December 20th, 2011 at 5:14 am said:

Sorry Mr. Bantegui, but all things concerned I feel that your company treated it’s Fans on the PS3 way too bad during this generation to just act like nothing ever happened. You lost my business with Vesperia, and you’ll need to do better to get it back. Graces will most likely be the only Namco title I’ll buy in 2012.

+ FearMonkey on December 20th, 2011 at 7:11 am said:

Rich, slightly off-topic, any chance on Tales of Graces f including the original Japanese language track?

+ Berae on December 20th, 2011 at 7:12 am said:

It seems that Japenese developers are having hard time with new hardwares

+ TonyX113 on December 20th, 2011 at 7:47 am said:

Very Disappointed with the graphics here, was expecting much better graphics at least.

They could have made it sooo much better not to mention the fact that the Vita COULD support it, I mean look at Uncharted Abyss, man now that’s amazing for a handheld

Seriously I hope this game would cancel it’s launch date and patch the graphics. I could wait while playing other games.

Still it’s a great game love the Shinobido + Tenchu series. Nonetheless will buy. For the game play.
IMPROVE the graphics “Spike” or “Aquire” team. The VITA can handle it, use it’s potential to the max don’t just leave it at one corner ~

+ mrmarvel29 on December 20th, 2011 at 7:57 am said:

looks amazing

+ Clark_kent01 on December 20th, 2011 at 8:01 am said:

Wow this game looks great, but any chances for WAY OF THE SAMURAI 4 to be localized in north america, if this game is noticed im sure way of the samurai 4 will be noticed too

+ matmanx1 on December 20th, 2011 at 11:52 am said:

Could be a contender! I look forward to hearing more about this one as we get closer to launch!

+ Riseer23 on December 22nd, 2011 at 2:43 pm said:

Getting Uncharted GA,Little Deviants going to buy some Psp games i haven’t played yet like FF Dissidia.already put in for days off when i get my Vita on the 22nd.Twisted Metal will hold me over for those 10 long days.Sony take my money!!

+ ro-kurorai on December 30th, 2011 at 7:52 am said:

No reply by Rich means a lost sale, if that’s how the Community Manager treats prospective customers. A pity, as the game looks genuinely interesting.