PS4-Watch_Dogs

PlayStation Plus Update: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Jan 28, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

January is almost over, and we have one more Plus update for you, but first let’s reminisce on this month’s offerings, shall we? Plus member freebies included NBA Jam: On Fire Edition, Darksiders, Mega Man 9 and 10, along with Foosball 2012, and we there were some awesome deals with the 13 for ’13 discounts (last day is today). Topping it all off was access to the God of War: Ascension multiplayer beta, and the 12+3 Plus promotion where you can buy one year of Plus and get three extra months at no additional cost; which is active right now.

We’re sending January off by welcoming Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus for PS Vita, free for Plus members! There are also some amazing PSN gems at fantastic prices that you may have missed. Read on and enjoy the update, which takes effect when the PlayStation Store updates on January 29th.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita to purchase, or click here to get instant access via the Sony Entertainment Network online store.

January 29th PlayStation Plus Update

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members

One of the highest-rated action games is back and better than ever. Experience a new way to play one of the finest editions of Ninja Gaiden Sigma with motion & touch controls, tons of content, and new challenges to test even the toughest ninja. Be warned though, Ninja Gaiden is a tough game, but the feeling of mastering the combat and handling your foes is second to none.
Madden 13 Sale (PS3 and PS Vita)

30% off for PS Plus members

With the Super Bowl right around the corner (go Niners!), our friends at EA are happy to help everyone get ready for the big game by offering both PS3 and PS Vita versions of Madden 13 for 30% off.

Madden 13 (PS3) – Original Price: $41.99; PS Plus Price: $29.39
Madden 13 (PS Vita) – Original Price: $27.99; PS Plus Price: $19.59

Gatling Gears (PS3)

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $4.99; PS Plus Price: $2.50)

When the Empire begins its reign of destruction in a thirst for natural resources, it’s up to Max Brawley, a retired Gatling Gear pilot, to stop them. Together with his niece and his trusty Gatling Gear unit he must fight his way to the heart of the Empire and eliminate the destruction at its source. Grab the game that IGN.com called “a joy to play”, at a steal of a price.
Section 8: Prejudice (PS3)

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $5.00)

Pick up this sci-fi first person shooter with dynamic combat at an amazing price. In Section 8: Prejudice, every decision drastically impacts the battlefield. Discover the sinister series of betrayals that threaten humanity’s survival in the single-player campaign; or battle up to 32 players in multiple game modes as you complete a variety of Dynamic Combat Missions.
Greed Corp (PS3) (US and Canada only)

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $4.99; PS Plus Price: $2.50)

Why share when you can have it all? Greed Corp is an online multiplayer strategy game in which you battle for dominance over a world once rich in resources. In order to prevail, you must exhaust all remaining resources to build an army, and use the depleted collapsing terrain to your advantage. An extensive campaign mode and multiple unlockables are also waiting to help you prepare to take the battle online.

Let us know what you think of this week’s update in the comments below, and remember to vote in the poll to help us see what you’re excited about from this week’s update. If you want to see what the rest of the PlayStation community is talking about, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums in the PS Plus space to continue chatting about PS Plus, or find other topics to chat about (or start one yourself). See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 1-29-2013

PAGE 1 2 3 16

+ JimmyHACK on January 28th, 2013 at 10:10 am said:

Dat Vita Lovin!

+ dodgedoors on January 28th, 2013 at 10:11 am said:

Please tell me there is 13 for 13 sale for vita in the works?

+ four24twenty on January 28th, 2013 at 10:12 am said:

Dang no Vita over here….

+ dodgedoors on January 28th, 2013 at 10:12 am said:

Love the new vita game too

+ Kieferw on January 28th, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

nice update excited for ninja gaiden

+ neokid832 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

Ninja Gaiden is alot better than foosbal

+ four24twenty on January 28th, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

Nice to see the Vita love after all the requests, now if we can only get people to stop praising European PSN and how perfect it is….

+ JuggaloMemnoch on January 28th, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

Yeah.. Nothin this week..

+ infamousXX87XX on January 28th, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

Sleeping Dogs next month?

+ LABARONX on January 28th, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

madden 13 vita is the best portable version of a football game ever… plus owners…..ever

and sigma + to get you all ready for sigma 2+

good games on sale…. not bad

+ XenonSovereign on January 28th, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

Prejudice was a decent game and a major improvement over its predecessor. I’d suggest picking it up if anyone’s curious

+ igornaweb_BR on January 28th, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

finally a good game for psvita

+ Deekman on January 28th, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

Meanwhile Europe gets Sleeping Dogs and no Vita game this month? Ninja Gaiden is pretty good but just not for me.

Would like to see some PSP discounts some titles are 5 years old and are still $30

+ Bcrazyman on January 28th, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

great update! cant wait to get my vita! and im renewing my plus! also im getting my friend plus also!
cant wait for plus thanks!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 28th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

Don’t forget about the current deal where you can buy 1 Year of plus and get another 3 months free =) . That’s on from now, up until March 4th.

+ TheGrimHeaper on January 28th, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

This was what I wanted.

+ Brunno_182 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

Sleeping Dogs and F1 Race Stars in Europe, and this SH*** for us ??????? Are you kidding me ???

+ remanutd5 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

I like the vita game and i will be downloading it. My favorite content for this week is Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus.

+ elmofurious on January 28th, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

Is this the Tuesday update or the February update? Usually the beginning of the month is the time I look forward to the most. So I guess what my question is… Is the BIG update that we should all be looking for for February? Just a question and any response is appreciated in advance.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 28th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

These updates are always weekly for the time being. So there will be plenty more content as we journey into February.

+ AVILIVE on January 28th, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

Finally a game i don’t have Thank U

+ Deekman on January 28th, 2013 at 10:16 am said:

Woops Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus is Vita! I didn’t even know that game came out on there!

+ Bcrazyman on January 28th, 2013 at 10:16 am said:

hey morgon? will this game have cross play? just asking ok

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 28th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma is not a cross buy or cross play.

+ jeffsmither on January 28th, 2013 at 10:16 am said:

Question about PSP games in Plus.
Will the free PSP games work on as PSP?

Also, great update!

+ jonh2603 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

Awesome update! keep it coming guys! :D

+ DonkeyKongKilla on January 28th, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

Wait so Ninja gaiden only for vita? BLAH!!! I would of loved that for the ps3.

+ daniel_topera on January 28th, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

I prefer Sleeping Dogs and F1 Race Stars…

+ PRR_Andrade on January 28th, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

Go Ravens! (fair enough!)

+ Zacky-V-A7X on January 28th, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

No sleeping dogs!? mmm no thanks.

+ LABARONX on January 28th, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

20 ninja gaiden sigma 2 plus comes out in 2 weeks….

+ Ghostwize on January 28th, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

Very nice Vita addition!

+ snakeeyes211 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

That’s a game that I’ll very happily put into my collection thanks for the Vita game much appreciated ;-)

+ Gorvi on January 28th, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

Wow, that’s great. As someone who never played NG I’ve been eyeing the Vita version for quite a while so this is perfect for me. No interest in Section 8 or Madden, but hell, NG is more than enough for me.

+ Zacky-V-A7X on January 28th, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

Why EU content is way better!!???

+ WolfAm1 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

FInally some Vita love.

+ VerceR on January 28th, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

and ps3??????? i’m very sad, I’m used to disappointments with ps plus USA

+ Ghostwize on January 28th, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

This is the final January update folks. Get used to Vita and or PSP additions at the end of the month.

+ sab_krit on January 28th, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

@Brunno_182 Dude this is January content, not february content. Sleeping dogs is the feb content for EU.
Nothing for me this week. Damn, EU shouldn’t hv released what they got in store for FEB, still have to wait atleast a month to see what US is going to provide.

+ JNice721 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

Had to look twice, then I realized it was for Vita only.

That’s all well and good for people who own a Vita, but how about people with just a PS3? The European Playstation Blog published their Plus content for February, and they get Sleeping Dogs for free. It would be nice to also get that in America as well.

+ neokid832 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

Unfortunately I have already played this game 2 times and dont see much point of playing it again after its 4th reboot. Only reason we got this game was to get us ready for the next Ninja Gaiden. They must have paid you guys to give it away.

Give us something like Escape Plan or Sound Shapes.

+ AnoyoIkari on January 28th, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

Already own this game, but a great addition for those that don’t. Hardest game by far for Vita, good luck folks.

+ Caboose2036 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

Why does everyone say “nothing for me this week.” There is no reason to not try out the free games we are getting with plus. If I said that every time I got a game on here that I didn’t already want then I wouldn’t have played 50+ games that I got with plus in the last 6 months. You can’t know you don’t like a game until you try it, and just because you haven’t heard of it or it isn’t a genre you love doesn’t mean it’s a bad game. Try everything!

+ Link01 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

Great update for Vita owners !

+ DonkeyKongKilla on January 28th, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

@Brunno_182 – Look at the last update in jan for EU then compare. it’s not right you compare Feb with Jan.

+ ps_n_blog_ac on January 28th, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

sweet and now people can stop complaining about the vita. ever since i purchased my vita i’ve been playing the living dodo(yes i know…) out of it. ;)

hopefully they’ll continue to add more PSP and PSone games to the vita.

Also any news on sales for maybe Dead space or Square enix

+ Ryumoau on January 28th, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

Finally, a REAL ps vita game. Thank you. :)

+ sab_krit on January 28th, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

week*

+ smoothboarder540 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

Another disappointment… Let’s have hope for next month.

+ GT-420 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

Nothing for me this week, I don’t own a vita. I’m cool though as Darksiders has been a great freebie. But looking at EU getting Sleeping Dogs! Wow.!!!! I sure hope you can blow us away like that come February. For me personally, all it would take is a free Dishonored and I’d feel like you love us as much as EU+.

+ Manetheren17 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

Awesome, finally some Vita love!

And I can actually play this game because I can take to my room away from my little brothers.

+ dodgedoors on January 28th, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

For those asking about why no PS3 games. Morgan Had mentioned in an earlier post (few weeks ago) that it was shaping up that Vita updates would be late month updates and PS3 early in month.

+ terminode on January 28th, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

I’ve said the following stuff before, but I think it’s worth repeating:

I’m going to outline the kind of content that I would be thrilled to see from Plus and, more importantly, that Plus could realistically offer:

1. Recent/new PSN games. There’s no chance of anyone already having a game if it has just been released, so the appeal is pretty universal.

2. Games that are enticing enough to be worth a download but not enough to buy outright. This category includes many so-called AA games. A few good examples of this are Operation Raccoon City, Binary Domain (you guys already have a pretty good arrangement with Sega, right? Please try to get this), and Lollipop Chainsaw.

3. Games that went overlooked upon release/sold poorly. How many people bought White Knight Chronicles 2? Folklore? Hell, you guys own Folklore. It’s yours to give at any time. With the polls indicating a heavy interest in RPGs, I really hope you guys take a look back at some of the games you have in your IP stable. Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom is another Sony RPG that many people might not even know exists, let alone own.

PAGE 1 2 3 16