It’s been quite some time since I’ve been on PlayStation Blog. To reintroduce myself, I am the vice president of publisher and developer relations for SCEA, which is a fancy way of saying that I’m working day-in and day-out with my team here to get the world’s best and brightest developers to bring their great gaming experiences to all of our PlayStation platforms.
Since my last post, I’ve joined SCEA and expanded the incredible team that focuses on fostering relationships with publishers and developers that share our goal of bringing the best games to you, the PlayStation community. With that said, the publisher and developer relations team has exciting news to deliver tonight.
During this year’s Game Developer’s Conference in San Francisco, our team has put a strong focus on independent game developers. This evening, we collaborated with the PlayStation Network team to host a PlayStation Indie Arcade event, where we gave hands-on demos for more than 25 indie games that are coming to all PlayStation platforms. Our goal is to continue to work with the independent developer community to provide fantastic games you can’t find anywhere else.
Here’s a quick list of the upcoming games heading to PlayStation Network:
- Blacklight: Retribution – PS4
- Primal Carnage: Genesis – PS4
- Rain – PS3
- Divekick – PS3 and PS Vita
- Spelunky – PS3 and PS Vita
- Velocity Ultra – PS Vita
- Limbo – PS Vita
- Metrico – PS Vita
- Sportsfriends (including Johann Sebastian Joust, BaraBariBall, Hokra and Super Pole Riders) – PS3
- Ibb & Obb – PS3
- Guacamelee! – PS3 and PS Vita
- Hotline Miami – PS3 and PS Vita
- Dragon Fantasy Book II – PS3 and PS Vita
- Thomas Was Alone – PS3 and PS Vita
- Luftrausers – PS3 and PS Vita
- Friend Network App – PS Vita
- *Zombie Tycoon II – PS3 and PS Vita
- A Virus Named Tom – PlayStation Mobile
- Treachery in Beatdown City – PlayStation Mobile
- Crumble – PlayStation Mobile
- Crystallon – PlayStation Mobile
- Don’t Wake the Bear – PlayStation Mobile
- Hermit Crab in Space! – PlayStation Mobile
- Oh, Deer! – PlayStation Mobile
- Rymndkapsel – PlayStation Mobile
- Ten By Eight – PlayStation Mobile
Where relevant, click through for Blog posts offering additional detail on each title.
As you may have noticed, our team is going full steam ahead by not only providing support for developers on our current platforms, but also for those working on next-gen titles. We’re expanding our indie support for PS4 with games like Primal Carnage: Genesis and Blacklight: Retribution, which will join titles like The Witness to ensure you’ll have great indie game experiences on your next gaming console.
This recent influx in developer support for PlayStation has come through our continued effort to create a flexible and developer friendly environment. We’re also focusing on burgeoning platforms like PlayStation Mobile by offering Unity support, coming later this year, to make it easier than ever for developers to bring their games to PlayStation-certified Android devices and PS Vita.
Over the next couple of days, we will be inviting some of the developers from the titles listed above onto the Blog to give you more information on their upcoming indie games. Stay tuned for more!