Final Fantasy XV

Nov 03

Nov 03

PlayStation Move: 1 Million Units Shipped in North America, a Growing Library of Titles

Knguyen's Avatar Posted by Marketing Manager, PlayStation 3

PlayStation Move

You might have heard that PlayStation Move has already shipped one million units and given the list of exciting games below, it’s hard to imagine sales slowing down. Next Tuesday marks the launch of gritty brawler, The Fight: Lights Out, party favorite SingStar Dance, and the HD revival of one of PlayStation’s most iconic characters, Sly Cooper, in The Sly Collection. But that’s just the start of the holiday shopping season; we’ve got more great games on their way for every type of gamer – from the casual to the core and everyone in between. Additionally, we’ve got exclusive games coming out in early 2011 including Killzone 3, LittleBigPlanet 2, and SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs.

The Fight: Lights OutSingStar DANCEThe Sly Collection

Not only do we have a wide variety of first-party PlayStation Move titles for this holiday season, but we have some of the best third-party developers supporting the PlayStation 3 Move-ment with compatible games like Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2011, TRON Evolution: The Video Game, and R.U.S.E. We’ve had a great first month and a half, but this is just the beginning. For a complete list of confirmed Move-compatible games available now and coming soon, see below:

Available Now:

Coming in late 2010 and 2011:

Already, there’s a lot for you to try out and if you haven’t experienced PlayStation Move just yet, there’s still some time to visit your local PlayStation Move HQ and try it out for yourself. As always, we look forward to your thoughts, and enjoy!

Add Your Own

ForgiveMyAim said:

November 3rd, 4:46 pm

I hope The Fight is good because some reviews are say it is but others disagree

Zezzler said:

November 3rd, 4:47 pm

Cannot wait for the Sly collection. I never played the original trilogy, so i guess now is a better time than ever.

mcbuttz78 said:

November 3rd, 4:52 pm

@55 im nota lil kid, and i know more about what sony is doing than there going to tell you.. So you should be thanking me for giving that good information..

They said the game will be out christams holiday. if thats not a release date then tell me what is.. the ps3 console christmas releases start 1week from xmas.. Since you did not know im telling you.. Next time instead of yelling down the sony product. learn to keep your nasty comments to your self this is not place for them..Its family site and board for the fans

mcbuttz78-vp of psn legionaires

JakeRuiner said:

November 3rd, 4:52 pm

I bought my move bundle on the first day it was released and its great. the controls feel smoother and more responsive than my wii, but the current move-games out now aren’t good enough. they’re quite lame, its good to know though that some real titles will be out soon that support PS move.

KILLZONE79 said:

November 3rd, 4:53 pm

had playstation move since day 1 of release and i love it. umm just want to say our local walmart is always sold out of move bundle so that means move is selling great :)

I3rand0 said:

November 3rd, 4:54 pm

Shipped != Sold.

Release some sales figures already.

Link01 said:

November 3rd, 4:55 pm

Common, release another shooter besides MAG before Killzone 3

KILLZONE79 said:

November 3rd, 4:59 pm

Sony lets beat kinect for the motion gaming battle sales

ProjectInfiniti said:

November 3rd, 5:08 pm

Don’t trust the police no justice no peace
They got me face down in the middle of the street
Pistol whip me with the heat chicken ***** sizzling
Trying to serve me the all-you-can eat ****** beef

Jim777 said:

November 3rd, 5:09 pm

You guys should edit this PAIN already has Move support

mcbuttz78 said:

November 3rd, 5:12 pm

@killzone 79.. did you know the old sega president was on hand when kinetic was being made and he asked “how is this going to profit”/ And the staff of the other console said.”we going to make games with perks and whats popluar etc.. He replied. ” This product will fail!!! and he quit his post/job over there and went to pc games for computer lol//

And when they showed it at pre e3 it had a ton techinal issues and etc.. Eveb ea games said there line is worst than turbo graphic 16 ..

mcbuttz78

mcbuttz78 said:

November 3rd, 5:20 pm

@66. and who cares at the end of the day??? if you thinks its not worth your time, then dont buy it?? Simple . easy. im not sweating it. neither is anyone at pd or sony.. Its still going to sell this holiday season when it come out..

Its not like you are on a pay roll from the game. Your waiting just like every one else,.. What good does it do to back lash the whole sony community becuase it not in your ps3 tonight. Halle Barry is not in my bed tonight but do you see me making post on twitter about it? No>> Ohh dont give halle the goden globe she not in my bed tonight.. she’s delaying my sex life.. Halle gimme a release date. come on man.. spare me and everyone else.

Mcbuttz78-vp of psn legionaires

GameOverGreggy said:

November 3rd, 5:27 pm

Why is everyone so angry here?

SpyDudeFX said:

November 3rd, 5:32 pm

AFAIK it sold 300k units in NA, at least that’s what every site has reported. Whereas 1M have sold in EU.

dc4daniel said:

November 3rd, 5:35 pm

Dance Dance Revolution is a Move title? Maybe a reason for me to get move now lol. Whenever DDR comes out if ever.

austinite04 said:

November 3rd, 5:44 pm

I like the move, but it’s NOT used everyday.. I can’t see using it all the time.. I can’t see myself getting EyePet’s.. LOL… This device better have more Hardcore FPS games if it wants to overtake Kinect, all I see for Kinect is Petting Zoo games, (ROFL) and whimpy sissy games… I want MOVE to be hardcore gamer friendly.. It can happen.. It helps Move to have a Trigger, I just need a gun attachment.. But at least I don’t have to worry about horrible no controller lag.. I knew XB E3’s Kinect was fake…

solace357 said:

November 3rd, 5:45 pm

Haha, GameOverGreggy.
BECAUSE YOU DIDN’T GIVE THEM KILLZONE BETA CODES!
jk, BEYOND!

mcbuttz78 said:

November 3rd, 5:48 pm

@73.. what does a gt5 release date have do with sony selling 1 million ps move units??.. This topic is something to be excited about. Why bash it and sony with your post and use such negative influnce on the boards. We dont need it here.. Go to gt planet and stress your anger..

There was demo they put out on psn. not so long ago.. it was time trial demo.. How many demo’s do they need to put out? if you say gt5 is there biggest seller, then need not worry..

Im trying to celbrate 1 million ps move units being sold.. :)//

HaZMaT said:

November 3rd, 6:07 pm

When I hear people argue about shipped vs. sold numbers, I think people don’t realize that in order to get the “ship” numbers to hit 1 million, that it probably means that the initial launch quantities have already sold through and that retail buyers are purchasing more to meet demand.

So it is probably safe to assume that Move has sold very well in just two months time – and the holidays is just around the corner.

Destiny89 said:

November 3rd, 6:19 pm

Very nice, hope it does well

happycorey said:

November 3rd, 6:20 pm

That’s crazy how you can confirm a launch a date for some no named game but even after the official launch of GT5 we still don’t have a legitimate date to even look forward to?

glody said:

November 3rd, 6:33 pm

I was looking forward to the fight night until ign.com gave it a 3.0 rating out of 10. Is there any way the issues brought up can be addressed in a patch?

xeno3d said:

November 3rd, 6:36 pm

Love my move. Not many titles out that interest me at the moment but there are some on the way. Sorcery is one of them

kropodra said:

November 3rd, 6:42 pm

Can’t wait for the fight hopefully it’s better then the review IGN gave them but we all IGN’s word is worthless

The_Annihilator said:

November 3rd, 6:43 pm

Thanks Sony but I already have a Wii

kowan said:

November 3rd, 6:45 pm

Question: Will Sony be making more games that actually show the true potential of the Playstation Eye? I recall the eyetoy making eyetoy games which is basically what kinect is today. If only the marketing and promotions for the Pseye were more…evident. And if Sony actually made more games with it. It’s a wasted opportunity IMO. But i hope the futur of Move and PSeye will be more bright this time.

TarzanSr said:

November 3rd, 6:55 pm

Man there have been a lot of nice comments, constructive comments and plan rude or mean comments this is not a take all you anger out on Sony blog, this is a blog mainly about the PlayStation Move. Some of you guys should really just control yourselves. Now I like the PlayStation Move, it’s what the Wii should have been as most people above have said. I think that Kinect is going to run into the same problem that the Eyetoy ran into and that the Xbox will end up with old Technology again, just like most of their other stuff. Sony is truly future proofing their console by adding a little bit of everything. They now have some nice exclusive kid games and good older crowd games as well. If anyone has looked at the sells the Wii’s sales have dropped by a lot compared to a year ago and I believe the move is going to push them down even further.

MadMeat001 said:

November 3rd, 7:08 pm

1 million? i did not saw that coming grand job!!
It will be cool to include Move Compability with Duke Nukem Forever and Fear 3 and Rage! thanks!

foxydandelion said:

November 3rd, 7:14 pm

Flight Control HD , when is that coming to US PSN? Hopefully it was just left off the late 2010 list by error.

BiezulbubBill69 said:

November 3rd, 7:16 pm

PLAYSTATION MOVE ALWAYS WINS.

baby.

XD

SyphonFilter- said:

November 3rd, 7:23 pm

cool,although socom 4 is about the dualshock not the motion control.

FredPunella said:

November 3rd, 7:23 pm

“Thanks Sony but I already have a Wii”

Move – True 1 to 1 motion controls

Wiimote – Not 1 to 1

Simple as that. Sony delivers what Nintendont.

Daimomaru said:

November 3rd, 7:27 pm

I hope that blue ps move promotion in the cover art is a removable sticker because it’s ruining the cover art big time in my opinion.

dkbatman06 said:

November 3rd, 7:39 pm

I hate that blue bubble on the box arts. Please get rid of it.

dkbatman06 said:

November 3rd, 7:43 pm

Seriously. I really wanna get The Sly Collection and eventually LBP 2 but that blue bubble is making me not want it. The small strip that Sports Champions had was PERFECT.

twooh said:

November 3rd, 7:46 pm

@47. No, I’ve seen move at my local stores. And SHIPPED never means SOLD. If it did, they would say “Sold”. Not “Shipped”.

Anubis80 said:

November 3rd, 7:48 pm

Well how about a bundle deal for the people who bought the Playstation Camera when it was first released? I mean Im not going to pay $100 for a bundle with a camera that is useless to me and if I trade it in will only get like $5 for it.

The_Apprentice said:

November 3rd, 8:38 pm

Got my sports champions bundle + an extra move controller.
Family is having so much darn fun. We’ve played Move for like 8hrs in the past 2 days..
Sports Champions is great and that demo disc is just loads of fun.

Looking forward to some even better games!

TUSTIN1 said:

November 3rd, 8:49 pm

@46 – not sure what website you claim is theirs, but there’s no news on the official gran turismo site – link?

TUSTIN1 said:

November 3rd, 8:54 pm

@97 – see my comment #7

Dbzlotrfan said:

November 3rd, 9:00 pm

Besides Sports Champs, any work (either by Sony or 3rd party) on a actual tennis game that works with move?

DarkOne_PR said:

November 3rd, 9:15 pm

IGN reviewed The fight with a 3/10 score! damn they screwed the game! what do u have to say about this Kim?

theultimatenub said:

November 3rd, 9:32 pm

as you can see it says shipped in NORTH AMERICA!!!

D0ughb0y211 said:

November 3rd, 10:03 pm

If inFAMOUS 2 gets move control, i’d buy that!!!

spideyal said:

November 3rd, 10:08 pm

Hope to see more PS2 Classics getting Move support! Honestly, I’m sure there are tons of PS2 games that would have been amazing with something like Move.

Can’t wait to see what you have in store for us Sony. :)

Solid-Snake-Eyes said:

November 3rd, 10:16 pm

Best game is still Sports Champions. We need some more good Move games!

Enigma777 said:

November 3rd, 10:28 pm

I’ll stick to a regular controller, thank you very much.

MvSly14 said:

November 3rd, 11:21 pm

Keep up the great work, I’m really lookin 4ward 4 the fight. N whoever said ign gave it a 3.5 dnt 4get ign cnt give reviews 4 [DELETED]

tj5678 said:

November 3rd, 11:56 pm

It would be great if a patch was made for resistance 1/2; and killzone 2 which incorporated move support. It would also be nice if third parties ported over some the better third party wii games and give them HD graphics and surround sound (resident evil shooter games, house of dead games, monster hunter, red steel games etc.) This is already starting to happen with the release of dead space extraction and no more heroes.

shadysaiyanz said:

November 4th, 1:43 am

Off topic but is Borderlands getting a DLC bundle now that the GOTY edition is out? i just started Borderlands and i thnk i can say i will be loving it. some cool avatars would be awesome too :D