PlayStation VR

Dec 06

Dec 06

Street Fighter V: Console Exclusive to PS4, First Gameplay Video

Yoshinori Ono's Avatar Posted by Producer, Capcom

Hey guys, big news: STREET FIGHTER V is coming and will be console exclusive to the PS4. What’s even bigger news is that our partnership with Sony will result in SFV having cross-platform play, which will in turn unite our Street Fighter fans into one grand player base. That’s right; PS4 owners will now be able to lay the smack down against PC owners and vice-versa, a first for the Street Fighter series!

As I’m sure a lot of you out there are eager to see how the game looks, we’ve provided some screens below. Please take note that SFV is still early in development.

Here’s the logo and the packaging. We felt the bold design really speaks to the bold game play of SFV!

Street Fighter V LogoStreet Fighter V Box Art

Ryu preparing for the next battle.

Street Fighter V 1

Chun-Li getting ready to show off her Kung-Fu. Look at the reflection in her bangles.

Street Fighter V 2

So beautiful…it’s like moving art.

Street Fighter V 3

DENJIIIN…

Street Fighter V 4

…HADOUUUKEEEN!

Street Fighter V 5

But the hype doesn’t stop there as Sony is also bringing USFIV to the PlayStation 4 brought to you by their Third Party Production Group! As you guys can see, the partnership has only just begun and it’s already a huge win for the community.

Currently the release dates for USFIV and SFV have not been announced yet, so I’ll definitely be back with that information and more in the future. GET HYPE EVERYONE!

All the news from PlayStation Experience

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End First Gameplay

MLB 15 The Show Out 3/31 for PS4, PS3, and PS Vita

Destiny Expansion I: First Look at the PS-Exclusive Mars Strike – The Undying Mind

Tripwire Interactive bringing Killing Floor 2 to PS4 – The Time is Right!

The Forest: Open-World Survival Horror Comes to PlayStation

Madness Awaits You…In the Darkest Dungeon

Bastion Coming to PS4, Vita Next Year

Orcs Must Die! is Invading PlayStation for the First Time!

Skytorn Coming to PS4

Severed Coming to Vita in Spring 2015

Shovel Knight Digs into PS4, PS3, PS Vita in 2015

Batman Arkham Knight: Ace Chemicals Infiltration Part 3 and a First Look at the Scarecrow Nightmare Missions

Suikoden II Coming to PSN

Street Fighter V: Console Exclusive to PS4, First Gameplay Video

Super Time Force Ultra Headed to PS4,Vita

Tim Schafer on Why You Need to Check Out Grim Fandango on PS4 & PS Vita

Fat Princess Adventures announced for PS4

Introducing Wattam, the new PS4 game from Katamari Damacy creator Keita Takahashi

Enter the Gungeon Coming to PS4 in 2015

Introducing What Remains of Edith Fitch, a New PS4 Exclusive

The Order: 1886 at PlayStation Experience

Tearaway Unfolded: New Trailer Revealed

Yakuza 5 Announced at PlayStation Experience

New No Man’s Sky Videos Revealed

Drawn to Death, a Hand-Drawn Arena Shooter, Coming to PS4

Introducing Project SkyLight: Limited Edition Faceplates to Personalize Your PS4

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

duffyboy1986 said:

December 6th, 11:31 am

Microsoft…..take this L….lol!!!

Sharingan_itachi said:

December 6th, 11:38 am

what about vita

D-Squad3 said:

December 6th, 11:42 am

THANK YOU!!! So happy there’s new Street Fighter!

gohan16ken said:

December 6th, 11:51 am

Please bring all past SF games to PSN also. Such as but not limited to SFA, SFA2, SFA3, SFEX, SFEX3, SFEX3, SF2, SF2CE, SF2HF, SSF2, HSF2, SF3NW, SF3DI, CvS, and ask SNK to bring SvC. Thanks.

gohan16ken said:

December 6th, 11:52 am

Also, can you ask Namco what is taken TxSF so long? Thanks.

langdon said:

December 6th, 11:56 am

Having a united online community for this game via PC/PS4 cross play is the absolute best news!

Please take your time with development so online is perfected at release time. Everyone will be happy to wait for a great followup to SF4.

italodancemp3 said:

December 6th, 11:59 am

Capcom please add Vita to the list later,be sure we all buy it on our Vita,fighting games are so cool on Vita as usual cause you can play it everywhere portable online or offline .

clinkzbones said:

December 6th, 11:59 am

When it comes to Tomb Raider, people freak out over a timed exclusive but with this? Wow hypocrisy at it’;s finest.

Matrix_Lion said:

December 6th, 12:11 pm

Yoshinori Ono check my avatar. Street Fighter > all other fighting games. I stay ready.

KazeEternal said:

December 6th, 12:13 pm

PS4. The home for Fighting games. Will I need new fight sticks? Thinking about getting the PS4 TE2, but my friends will likely want to play on one of my PS3 sticks until they get their own.

tdh004 said:

December 6th, 12:20 pm

I’m with #10/@KazeEternal, when will we hear about fight stick support? We all just received Injustice this month, and we still don’t have working fight sticks.

Bones00 said:

December 6th, 12:24 pm

I also wonder about fight/arcade sticks. Will current ones become compatible at some point or will we need to buy new ones?

Red-5x said:

December 6th, 12:33 pm

Hi:
Excellent news. Cross-platform Play Games are excellent idea. Well done, Capcom. Now, PLEASE, stop that DLC nonsense…
I’m starting to believe in you again…

SKeRJ said:

December 6th, 1:02 pm

Cross platform? I love you Capcom.

ThisGuy005 said:

December 6th, 1:02 pm

In all honesty, the only reason I’m debating on holding off on buying it is the fear of them releasing another extension of the game.

Crotin said:

December 6th, 1:05 pm

All I ask is that the netcode be awesome

langdon said:

December 6th, 1:06 pm

Commenting again to show my support for a Vita release as well as PS3 fight stick support: youtube.com/watch?v=45ugXRfxzZo

TrueLordX said:

December 6th, 1:07 pm

These are the kind of exclusives to be excited for. Wasn’t expecting this kind of news but it’s definitly welcome. Good going Sony. I only hope that the ps4’s power and technical capabilities are fully taken advantage of (I’m looking at you share play) if that means no PS3 version… Then so be it, not to be elitist… I just want to see the power of the console finally. And yes, agreed… Stop nickel and diming us Capcom. Treat us right.

Mintblend_44321 said:

December 6th, 1:14 pm

So happy Resident Evil is finally gonna be on a Sony handheld.

Its gonna freakin rock on the Vita

alexRSBR said:

December 6th, 1:22 pm

This is SO GREAT!!!!!

AgentX said:

December 6th, 1:29 pm

Awesome news! I’m a huge fan of Street Fighter, and I look forward to playing both Ultra Street Fighter IV and Street Fighter V on PS4!

alexRSBR said:

December 6th, 1:31 pm

It looks really great. My only observation is that I wish the “ink effects” had more transparency: they look too “solid” (and they kind of screen a little bit the amazing graphics).

FreedomKME said:

December 6th, 1:34 pm

A Vita version with a completely diferent art style (so they could fit the game in…, and, yeah, i don’t like this teaser art style), would be awesome.

gor1llap1mp said:

December 6th, 1:37 pm

If It truly is console exclusive to Playstation 4 why does the box art NOT say Only on Playstation?

CougarsWSU said:

December 6th, 1:38 pm

And I will now buy a PS4. Lack of exclusive games on PS4 at launch vs Xbox One didn’t make the purchase worth it, but now with today’s announcement of Street Fighter, it’s time to get on board with PS4. Hope that removing the game from Xbox doesn’t hurt the fighting game community.

gor1llap1mp said:

December 6th, 1:41 pm

@15. Now that I think about it, a year from release Super Street Fighter V will release on all platforms but still great news nonetheless!

Retromattic said:

December 6th, 1:44 pm

Looking forward to SFV!!

BlaqMagiq24 said:

December 6th, 2:08 pm

ONLY ON PS4. Thnak you Capcom! HERE TAKE ALL MY MONIES!

Gamerzlimited said:

December 6th, 2:33 pm

Nice, but probably going to wait for the “Super” version. It’s been done before in the past, so it’s bound to happen.

@Sharingan_itachi Learn to read, trolltachi: EXCLUSIVELY ON “PS4 AND PC.” Not happening.

jlws513 said:

December 6th, 2:41 pm

Yet another piece of my wallet disappearing lol

Verdugo04 said:

December 6th, 2:42 pm

I can’t help but chuckle at the news..not in a bad way, but I find it odd that out of all fighters, it’s SF. There was a time where a PS exclusive fighter typically came from Namco and that only changed in 2009.

But hey, as long as the game is happening, it’s all good.

SeanStrange said:

December 6th, 3:02 pm

So hyped! Love Playstation, Love Street Fighter and really can’t wait to finally play a new iteration of Street Fighter!

tonydamiani said:

December 6th, 3:03 pm

Wow this is amazing news! :D

Elvick_ said:

December 6th, 3:05 pm

Cross platform is awesome.

gerneric123 said:

December 6th, 3:48 pm

Would’ve been swell if you guys ported USFIV to Vita …

Kiro_Uraya said:

December 6th, 5:16 pm

Can’t wait for SFV. Took Capcom long enough to move on to the next one. The only thing that I see wrong with this is allowing cross-platform play with PC. Can’t trust PC users not to modify the game to make it not fun. Probably a bad example since it isn’t a cross-platform play, but Valve’s Team Fortress 2 for PS3/Xbox360/PC?

#ijs

ytl1986 said:

December 6th, 5:31 pm

Ultra up are Vita too, please. And don’t say Remote Play because that’s not really on the go without Wifi or Playstation Now because I ‘m not willing to pay a rental price in which I can own it by paying that much for a week to a month.

owen2k7 said:

December 6th, 8:17 pm

About damn time Capcom SF5 awesome

ComicAvenger1962 said:

December 6th, 8:29 pm

Woah an entire new number, and not one of those re-releases. The announcement trailer wasn’t that exciting, it was just a montage and a slow reveal of the logo. Even though I don’t usually play fighters an announcement trailer for ANY game gets me excited, but this one was lame.

italodancemp3 said:

December 6th, 9:31 pm

Dear Capcom

As you know,most of fighting titles are available on Vita cause Vita is such a great console to play them.

I know SF5 is an exclusive title for PS4 so it means it is an exclusive title for PlayStation and you can port it to Vita whenever you would like to do.

And remember,SFXT was a great port on Vita,good quality and good gameplay.so we will wait for you to announce it soon or later on Vita.specially with cool features like cross-play.

PaypayTR said:

December 6th, 9:57 pm

Question-

if i dont want to play with PC users can i play only with PS4 users?
because all i learnt from SF4 PC lobbies full of hacking
this wont be different either.

Nickop799 said:

December 6th, 9:59 pm

Sony gets the great Street fighter while Microsoft gets… killer instinct lol

deafwing said:

December 6th, 10:16 pm

I like exclusiveness … :D KEEP IT THAT WAY

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

December 6th, 11:45 pm

I DONT REALLY LIKE THOSE CARTOON LIKE GRAPHICS..I WISH IT WOULDVE STEPPED IT UP LIKE KILLER INSTINCT.. BUT I GUESS THATS WHY IM WAITING FOR TEKKEN VS STREET FIGHTER. ^____^ . I CANT WAIT FOR THAT GAME TO BE ANNOUNCED.

Daishi5571 said:

December 6th, 11:54 pm

Definitely going to buy at some point (currently don’t have a PS4) But if they want an instant buy, bring it to the Vita I need a new fighting game.

AKUMA2000 said:

December 7th, 9:56 am

I’m a huge SF fan and i’m glad I got me a PS4 at launch, i’m sure you can guess my favorite fighting character for the SF series but this is great news to hear that SF5 is on its way and that USF4 will be ported to PS4 to keep us busy until SF5 gets here (it’ll be great to play USF4 on PS4 without having to use the playstation now streaming service, just need to find out if I can still play with my TE arcade stick).

I love the direction SF5 is going in judging from the vibrant and life like character models in the trailer, the animation is more fluid smoother and faster, the background stage has better lighting and has breakable areas within the stage itself leading to possibly other fighting areas.

HADOUKEN !!!!!!!!!

Strangeheaven said:

December 7th, 11:00 am

street fighter 5 exclusive to ps4? Oh dear.

Sony please show The Last Guardian.

shonen_82 said:

December 7th, 12:51 pm

Ono San please make a new devil may cry, onimusha, dino crisis, or Megaman x game next.for ps4 :)

Lifendz said:

December 7th, 1:30 pm

Console exclusive…so it’s never ever coming to the Xbone? Wow. Good get for Sony. Day one for me.

modern_soul said:

December 7th, 4:40 pm

GET RID OF THE BIG FEET.
But seriously, please also bring the old games to ps4 as well. That package you guys are bringing to nesica arcades in Japan with SF2/ Vampire Savior/ 3rd Strike/ Alpha 3. I would kill for that on ps4.

PAGE 1 2