Uncharted 4

The PlayStation Recap – What We’re Reading

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Sep 14, 2013 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

Okay you guys, it’s almost GTA time. I’m trying to cram in as many other games before then as possible, but I think I’m going to have to make some sacrifices. I plan to wrap up Puppeteer, hit at least level 20 in Diablo III, and make it to Hell in Spelunky before then, but there’s a very real possibility that my weekend will be an endless death-cycle in Spelunky and my controller will be in pieces by Tuesday. Time will tell.

A few highlights this week: You can now snag some sweet The Last of Us art to hang on your wall, we revealed some exclusive Infamous: Second Son in-game gear you can get by pre-ordering, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX is finally out on PS3, Ryan brought back hands-on impressions of Ubisoft’s breathtaking new JRPG tribute Child of Light, and Killzone: Mercnary is out now on PS Vita.

What are you playing this weekend?

What We’re Reading

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

+ whiteboyfromco on September 14th, 2013 at 4:16 pm said:

I’m really enjoying Puppeteer. I was already exited to play it. When I popped it in and it asked me if I wanted to play in 3D I almost died. I had no clue it was 3D capable. As if it weren’t pretty enough already. :D

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on September 15th, 2013 at 7:08 pm said:

The 3D is great, too! I’m nearly finished with Puppeteer myself — Act 7 here I come.

+ whiteboyfromco on September 14th, 2013 at 4:17 pm said:

Killzone Mercenary is fun too. Really shows just how powerful the Vita is and the potential it stores.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on September 15th, 2013 at 7:09 pm said:

Yeah, it’s insane how good they made that game look.

+ Holic_Waltz on September 14th, 2013 at 4:26 pm said:

I’m actually out of the gaming front this weekend since my old fat PS3 died on me. Managed to find the PRP I bought from Gamestop back in 2011 and it was still covered. I ended up getting bumped up to the GTA5 bundle since I had the game already preorded. Just gotta wait until it comes out Monday night. :3 I was jumping in on some Yakuza 4 and Tokyo Jungle before though. Fun times. Pretty stoked about GTA5, even if the multiplayer won’t be out for a couple of weeks afterwards. Going to be quite humorous to see folks reactions when they find that out.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on September 15th, 2013 at 7:09 pm said:

Dang, lucky break! Enjoy that new PS3. :)

+ MrSignal on September 14th, 2013 at 5:14 pm said:

Making through my backlog a little bit at a time this weekend, if only due to retailer issues with getting a copy of Puppeteer.
Odds are that despite placing a pre-order the weekend beforehand I’m gonna miss out on the bonuses. All while waiting a full week for it to arrive…Gamestop Canada sucks at last minute orders.
/rant

As for games, I gave Mutant Blobs(PS3) another go, getting a little further than my last crack at the game.
Breaking again on it due to annoyances with the game mechanics in favor of finishing The Unfinished Swan.

+ hero11000 on September 14th, 2013 at 7:40 pm said:

I can wait tell GTA v come out and can not wait tell the ps4 come out

+ Efficcial on September 14th, 2013 at 7:51 pm said:

Any word on if/when GTA 5 will drop on the PS4?

+ lostfanatic6 on September 14th, 2013 at 8:25 pm said:

I was thinking of re-subscribing to PS+ since I’ll be getting it for the PS4 anyways and thinking of actually picking up a copy of Puppeteer. But in the mean time I’ve been obsessed with The Last of Us multiplayer and getting into Payday 2.

I’ve been holding off on ordering GTA V because of the chance it may come out on PS4. Any news on if it will be ported over that way?

+ rabidninjamonky on September 14th, 2013 at 9:06 pm said:

I was loving Dragon Fantasy Book 2 until I ran into a game ending bug. Hope the patch gets here soon. I preordered GTA 5. I haven’t been this excited for a game in years. I need a game to play til tuesday though. I’m thinking about buying spelunky tonight. I really wanted to watch the Mayweather/Alvarez fight, but $75?!! What were they thinking? Only 3 episodes of Breaking Bad left. I’m getting kid of sad, but can’t wait to see what happens.

+ Boyanime010 on September 15th, 2013 at 4:40 am said:

@Justin Do you watch Football? wonder which team you root for :)

I’m playing: Tales of Xillia
I’m watching: Ghost Adventures, Paranormal Witness, on DVR
I’m listening to: PlayStation Blogcast, The Art of Wrestling!

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on September 15th, 2013 at 7:11 pm said:

I don’t! Based on my location, I think I’m supposed to be a 49ers fan by default. When I was growing up I liked the Cowboys for no reason in particular (I think I decided at a young age that their uniforms were cool).

+ Boyanime010 on September 15th, 2013 at 4:41 am said:

Rockstar might release GTA 5 on PS4 next year…

+ UndreyVITA on September 15th, 2013 at 4:54 am said:

LMAO that Cookie Clicker picture.

+ lesliec02 on September 16th, 2013 at 5:17 am said: