PlayStation VR

Jun 15

Jun 15

Eitr, Mother Russia Bleeds, and More Coming to PlayStation

Fork Parker's Avatar Posted by Chief Financial Officer, Devolver Digital

The Devolver Digital team is once again thrilled to be a part of the PlayStation E3 Experience and partner with our friends at Sony Computer Entertainment to announce the next series of magnificent games from independent developers coming to PS4 and PS Vita.

Our team is fortunate enough to work with some of the most talented teams from all over the world as they develop wonderful stories and memorable experiences that push games into new directions. We’re extremely proud to be working with the teams you’ll read about below and can’t wait to share their work on PS4 and PS Vita.

Mother Russia Bleeds

The debut game from Paris-based developer Le Cartel takes the classic four-player brawler, grabs it by its throat, and punches it in the face. Set in an alternate USSR, four hardened fighters with crippling drug addictions rise up against an oppressive crime regime with nothing but their bare hands and hunger for vengeance. Mother Russia Bleeds is harsh, unrelenting, and unapologetically violent — taking the beat ‘em up genre to a dark and twisted place that PlayStation fans won’t soon forget.

Mother Russia Bleeds hits PS4 next year with four-player co-op both online and on the couch.

Eitr

Some people might recognize Eitr from the gorgeous GIFs that developer Eneme Entertainment has been posting on their development blog for the past six months. The striking presentation and lush animations beautifully tell the tale of the Shield Maiden and her quest to rid the great tree Yggdrasil of the wretched substance eitr, and restore light to the nine realms it connects.

The ultra tight combat, fresh new experience system, and Norse mythology influence make Eitr one of the more unique action RPGs coming to PS4 next year.

Hatoful Boyfriend

Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star

The loveable birds of Hatoful Boyfriend are back in the remastered, holiday-themed sequel Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star! Travel to fantastically styled worlds, meet interesting new chickadees, and find romance in the elegantly designed winter wonderlands.

Dust the snow off your wings and take flight with familiar faces and new friends alike in extraordinary adventures hatched from the whimsical mind of the series creator Hato Moa and developer Mediatonic.

Ronin

Ronin

Ronin is a stylish, turn-based action platformer following the exploits of a vengeful heroine determined to strike down five prominent figures of a powerful corporation.

Developed by Tomasz Wacławek — who also works full time at Shadow Warrior 2 developer Flying Wild Hog — players must move with precision by meticulously planning out each silent step, soaring leap, and devastating swing of the blade.

Ronin will hit PS4 and PS Vita in late 2015

Crossing Souls

Crossing Souls is a vibrant, action-adventure game about a group of neighborhood buddies that set out on a quest to save their town and our world from government conspirators and shadowy forces.

Players will switch between five unassuming heroes on the fly to take advantage of each one’s unique attacks and abilities in a battle against local authorities, evil specters, and creatures of unknown origin. The brilliant colors and classic Saturday morning cartoon aesthetic are truly something special so keep an eye on developer Fourattic for more super rad updates as the game marches towards launch on PS4 and PS Vita!

Fun Fact: the developer is called Fourattic because their office is in an attic they rent out from a woman in their hometown of Seville, Spain!

Add Your Own

gerneric123 said:

June 15th, 10:13 pm

My face looks like Fork’s when it hits me that Devolver has more Vita games in development than company who made it.

My snark aside, Ronin looks great and I’d love Eitr on Vita.

Hakumen__ said:

June 15th, 10:20 pm

Thank you so much for bringing 3 new games to PS Vita!

Now, where are the AAA & first party PS Vita games? :(

paulogy said:

June 15th, 10:32 pm

Is it odd that I seem to like every… single… game that Devolver puts out? Fork, you just GET me! :-)

stlthriot said:

June 15th, 11:06 pm

Eitr looks nice!

Seluhir said:

June 16th, 5:30 am

lol… well, more pigeons – I know someone who is going to be thrilled to hear that.

TJF588 said:

June 16th, 5:46 am

Holiday Star?! 8D ahh~!

iSrAeL_ReGiNo said:

June 16th, 7:48 am

every year I see as buried deeper to psvita, just add more and more trash indie

langdon said:

June 16th, 7:55 am

Thank you for continuing to support the Vita!

luvtoseek said:

June 16th, 8:34 am

Eitr Vita version PLEASE! :D

@8, iSr- Grow up. Markets change & Vita isn’t selling well Enough for Sony & 3rd party Devs to produce AAA titles. The economics of business. Tough to grasp for some, I know, I know.

Indie games are the median & will make the Vita very entertaining for gamers. It’s not “trash,” though you obviously believe so… time to sell it & stop torturing yourself.

Teelord said:

June 16th, 9:16 am

@luvtoseek I second that! Eitr on PS Vita would simply make my day.

Looking forward to Ronin and the _LSDelicious crazycake_ that is Crossing Souls.

B91212- said:

June 16th, 11:18 am

I agree @10. The Vita has a fiercely loyal support base but it’s not big enough for developers to invest in making triple AAA games. If it was then they would be all over it.

Also agree on an Eitr Vita version please.

Rezolution77 said:

June 16th, 12:52 pm

Maybe Vita isn’t selling so well, since they haven’t been supporting it.

But since I have some growing up to do, spouting my “childish” opinion, I guess will just have to stop supporting Indie’s.

Maybe then developement teams won’t have to work in some basement or attic, to keep Sony’s handheld alive.

Klart said:

June 16th, 9:08 am

Very happy that Mother Russia Bleeds is coming to PlayStation 4!!

Finally a beat ‘m up!

kraven_usa said:

June 16th, 9:18 am

Devolver Digital, any chance of the game Eitr being released for the PS Vita? It’s a perfect fit!!

a_1_b_2_c said:

June 17th, 8:46 pm

Yeah eitr and mother Russia bleeds would feel right at home on the vita

Josleaze said:

June 16th, 10:04 am

Just to show my support and echo previous comments: I would love to see Eitr on Vita.

Mintblend_44321 said:

June 16th, 10:52 am

Wish Mother Russia Bleeds and Eitr was also coming to Vita. Guess there is always remote play.

Major_Muffins said:

June 16th, 11:29 am

All of these games are day 1 for me what an awesome lineup. Devolver you are doing some excellent work hats off, can’t wait!

plaztiksyke said:

June 16th, 11:55 am

plllllease bring Etir to Vita! I’m genuinely surprised that it’s not — seems like a perfect fit for the hardware and audience.

Meg_Kelly89 said:

June 16th, 1:53 pm

ummmm…this is all good, but how about a SINGLE SCREEN of Resident Evil Reveltions 2 Vita…or an update…or release date…..or anything?

Oh and thanks for just completely giving the Vita the shaft…

luvtoseek said:

June 16th, 6:27 pm

@Rezolu, I think you’re confused there. If you don’t support Indies, how can they move from their garages & tiny cubes & into larger offices?

Further, Indies are awesome & yes, if anyone calls them “trash” you’re definitely being CHILDISH.

Many Indies Support Cross-buy on the Vita & sometimes Triple-Cross-Buy with the PS3. As AAA titles take Longer to develop, Indies are KEEPING Sony platforms stocked full of creative games to play.

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

June 16th, 8:13 pm

NOT FOR NOTHING BUT ALL WE NEED FOR THE PS VITA ARE PSN GAMES LIKE BLITZ..NBA JAM..SHANK AND A FEW OTHER RETRO 2D GAMES. IF YOUR NOT BRINGING BIG TIME AAA GAMES ATLEAST BRING THOSE AAA PSN GAMES!! IT SHOULDNT BE THAT DIFFICULT IF IT RAN ON THE PS3..SINCE OUR PS VITA CAN PLAY PS4 GAMES..NAHMEAN. THANKS FOR THE PS VITA THO AND KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK PLAYSTATION DEVS. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!

PS. I CANT WAIT FOR METAL GEAR 5 AND UNCHARTED 4..AND HOPEFULLY A NEW 3RD PERSON TACTICAL MILITARY SHOOTING GAME LIKE SOCOM..WITH VEHICLE OPTIONS LIKE BATTLEFIELD. MAKE IT HAPPEN PLEEEEASE!!

Chance_Splinter said:

June 17th, 1:16 pm

I saw the Eitr .GIFs last year and I’ve been following it ever since… and begging you folks through Twitter to bring it to Vita.

Please, please, please,

Eitr on Vita

Eitr on Vita

Eitr on Vita!

And thanks for all the awesome games (again) Devolver!

a_1_b_2_c said:

June 17th, 8:47 pm

I agree and mother Russia bleeds

METHOD_MAN-0DB said:

June 18th, 6:34 am

Even though everyone has already said this, I would love to see Eitr on the Vita. I love souls-like games and this game would be a day 1 purchase for me is this comes out on the Vita.