PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

The PlayStation Recap – What We’re Reading

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Sep 29, 2013 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

Diablo Diablo Diablo, Diablo Diablo Diablo Diablo — whoa, whoops, sorry about that. Let me start over.

Hello, and welcome back to the PlayStation Recap! Let’s get to it.

This week, we kicked off the Play the Future First promotion at Taco Bell — head over before November 10th and you just might win a PS4 before launch day. We also unveiled the pre-order exclusive Knightfall-inspired costumes for Batman: Arkham Origins, you got your first look at the DLC plan for The Last of Us (can’t wait to get that single-player content), Ryan snuck away some juicy details on Thief for PS4 (including how they’ll be incorporating DualShock 4 tech for the game), October’s Instant Game Collection lineup got officially revealed, Fred went hands-on with the jaw-dropping PS4 exclusive Deep Down, Square debuted the opening cinematic for Lightning Returns, and lots, lots more.

What are you playing this weekend? (Diablo III here, in case you hadn’t guessed).

• I’m playing: Diablo III, Grand Theft Auto V
  • I’m watching: Breaking Bad, The IT Crowd (one last episode!)
  • I’m listening to: PlayStation Blogcast 091, The Band Apart

What We’re Reading

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

13 Comments

+ Sonicfan11589 on September 29th, 2013 at 2:09 pm said:

First time this blog appears after “The Drop”. (to my knowledge)

+ Butters360 on September 29th, 2013 at 3:22 pm said:

Counting down the days till my new Sony 4K 65″ XBR BRAVIA and PS4 arrive. Stoked!

I’m Playing: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix.

I’m Watching: Angel, Revenge, Breaking Bad, and Arrow.

I’m Listening to: Official PlayStation Blogcast Episode 091: Bungie Jump and Krewella’s AMAZING debut album “Get Wet.”

+ dodgedoors on September 29th, 2013 at 3:35 pm said:

@Butters360

Superbowl at your place?

+ Sgt_0951 on September 29th, 2013 at 4:06 pm said:

Been slackin’ on Diablo since GTA dropped and will probably slack more now that 2k14 will be out. Summer & Fall are good seasons this year.

+ FJ1100_rider on September 29th, 2013 at 4:06 pm said:

I’m waiting to play Beyond two souls and batman arkham origins ( pre ordered both ) but in the meantime I’m playing some older games I’ve been waiting to get time for and a great vita version of a game I already played on ps3 and psp

I’m playing pixejunk monsters ultimate HD Vita and ( finally ) playing Ni No Kuni and ico

I’m reading Winter of the World ( by Ken Follett ,book two of the century trilogy )

I’m listening to random songs on my ipod and the soundtrack to Journey

+ Dominator2885 on September 29th, 2013 at 4:26 pm said:

Just got rid of my 360 …. didn’t see a point on having both systems so I started playing : GTA5 (I was at about 20% complete on the 360 version, I had just planned the 2nd heist) I used most of my trade in credit from the 360 and got the Pulse Elite Version headset, have to say its freaking awesome, totally worth $150 and GTA5 had its own sound profile (along with the Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite) makes it freaking awesome

I reading the third book in the series of Book Of Mortals by Ted Dekker (he does great books themed around good vs evil)

Not really listening to anything new just been rehashing my old music and every once in a while the radio

@Butters360 – how do you like kingdom hearts 1.5 (It looks good but I was really hoping it was gonna be all the games included along with KH2 I was very disappointed they didn’t add it but I see their marketing strategy

@FJ1100_rider – How is Ni No Kuni, the demo is pretty cool and it’s $20 on psn …. so I’ve been kind of tempted

+ Robbie_G_lrish on September 29th, 2013 at 5:21 pm said:

Playing: The Puppeteer (this game is fantastic)
Watching: The Giants sadly be the worst team in football
Listening To: James Brown

+ dodgedoors on September 29th, 2013 at 6:14 pm said:

Ps I want the Killzone mega bundle on amazon in the US

+ divineLite on September 29th, 2013 at 8:09 pm said:

seems killzone merc is under the radar even after it’s just so BEYOND great…

playing: Ragnarok Odyssey ACE Asia ver., Killzone Mercenaries
watching: Mighty no.9 Documentary
listening: PS blogcast, Mighty no.9 blogcast

+ xWaanted on September 29th, 2013 at 8:54 pm said:

Im playing GTA 5 and Grid 2
Im listening to Wolfmother
Im watching madmax and rewatching 24

+ Ryumoau on September 30th, 2013 at 6:00 am said:

October plus lineup seems pretty meh outside of Amalor, which i’ve already beaten. still nice to see an rpg finally get added to the IGC, after all the endless psp fighting games and shooters.

+ Ryumoau on September 30th, 2013 at 6:06 am said:

Also watched the need for speed trailer and that cheesy narration by Aaron Paul nearly ruined it. I hope they release a new one closer to release that omits that.

+ JusteMilieu on September 30th, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

Diablo Diablo Diablo, Diablo Diablo Diablo Diablo!

Me too. Paragon levels!

I recently read,

China Mieville: Railsea

Modern day Moby Dick, turned on it’s head. Quite amazing. Hugely rewarding.