PS4-Watch_Dogs

Follow Friday 2.0: The Ever Expanding PlayStation Universe

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Oct 15, 2010 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Twitter users know that #FollowFriday is a cherished tradition — an opportunity to share the love by recommending your favorite personalities. We’re expanding that concept with a comprehensive list of PlayStation gaming personalities and organizations every month or two.

PlayStation.Blog: Follow Friday Header

But we’ll need your help to make it truly complete. Got a recommendation for us to include? Leave your favorites in the comments, and we’ll take notes for the next column. Let us know what you think!

Twitter

Developers, Publishing Partners, and Gaming Figures

+ Axecution on October 15th, 2010 at 6:38 pm said:

Hmmm this is cool. I never use my Twitter account, but following some Killzone 3 news could be groovy. …much better than trusting N4G for stuff xD
I shall do this.

+ BLACKBIBLE on October 15th, 2010 at 6:41 pm said:

Follow @GamerFitNation we are big fans!

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on October 17th, 2010 at 12:35 am said:

Done and done. Thanks!

+ kassatsu on October 15th, 2010 at 6:42 pm said:

@psnstores – only place i go for PSN game news

+ MUGEN02 on October 15th, 2010 at 6:43 pm said:

GT-5 date chop chop!

+ kassatsu on October 15th, 2010 at 6:52 pm said:

More PSN related twitter accounts:

@TrendyEnt – Dungeon Defenders
@SwordsnSoldiers – Swords & Soldiers
@Frozenbyte – Trine / Trine 2
@FuturLab – Coconut Dodge!
@Mediatonic – Who’s That Flying / Monsters Probably Stole My Princess
@CreatStudios – Wakeboarding HD / Sky Fighter
@TikCreat – Hamsterball
@SquareEnixDLG – SquareEnix PSN stuff
@hellogames – Jooooooooooooe Danger
@sidhenz – Shatter
@VooFoo – Hustle Kings
@Capybara_Games – Critter Crunch

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on October 17th, 2010 at 12:33 am said:

Nice, thanks!

+ judalation on October 15th, 2010 at 7:04 pm said:

Where is sony san fransisco? developers of the Mark of kri series as well as sports champions???

+ KingDubin on October 15th, 2010 at 7:08 pm said:

You forgot about the God of Racing Games himself: Kazunori Yamauchi!

+ VGCGAMES on October 15th, 2010 at 7:12 pm said:

a reall good one is
@thegameheadz.com

+ remanutd5 on October 15th, 2010 at 7:54 pm said:

its really nice sid , hope to see some facebook info too , listen it would be kool to have first party developers that are working on projects just to give us some vague info about upcoming games , i want to know everything about playstation lol , ohhh and please tell Erick Lempel that the next PSP better come out with a PSN FRIENDS LIST

+ Grouken on October 15th, 2010 at 8:25 pm said:

@Relentless_SW – Buzz!
@VoodooChief – The Midway (Playstation Home)

+ starBlinky01 on October 15th, 2010 at 8:26 pm said:

Sony can you please petition Team Meat to bring Meat Boy to the PSN. PLEASE!

I want this game very much so.

+ TUSTIN1 on October 15th, 2010 at 9:49 pm said:

Can’t help but notice that Polyphony Digital isn’t on the love list…

+ JoeDuke4 on October 15th, 2010 at 9:53 pm said:

You’re missing Fumito Ueda and David Jaffe!!!

+ VanilaGorila-x- on October 15th, 2010 at 10:00 pm said:

Is it bad that I follow 95% of those already?

Peace,
VG

+ Philaroni on October 15th, 2010 at 10:45 pm said:

“Today, we’re expanding the internal PlayStation ecosystem while introducing a directory of PlayStation third-party publishers, game developers, and industry luminaries. Our goal is to create a definitive directory of the best sources of PlayStation news and discussion over time.”

That is all fine and well, but you really need to start inter grading such things in the XMB more and native on the PS3. This is what your competitor does and it works very well. For all things PSblog wise we should have an app or something of the like one the XMB that displays such updates and information to the users so they are more or less forced to learn and are up to date on things. The Playstaion has a big issue with that currently.

+ wotta on October 15th, 2010 at 10:47 pm said:

Follow @_wotta and @made_2_game for all your gaming news needs :)

+ Silverfalcon on October 15th, 2010 at 11:57 pm said:

I get most of my gaming news from @gameinformer and @PlayStation

I also like how @Sony isn’t up there.. I find that interesting.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on October 17th, 2010 at 12:30 am said:

No conspiracies, I just didn’t think to include it. Next time! :-)

+ Haskell420 on October 16th, 2010 at 12:58 am said:

Nice ADD ON, I thank you for doing that, and for those specific companies to allow you to do that, much thanks to them as well. I have a feeling that within 5 minutes of posting this, each of those listed, probably had their systems crash because they got flooded with e-mails lol. I love that idea and it’s a great thing to see. it’s cool to see that you are giving us their information.

Haskell

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on October 17th, 2010 at 12:32 am said:

Our pleasure!

+ sheengrtr on October 16th, 2010 at 1:25 am said:

you are clearly forgetting david jaffe:
@davidscottjaffe

and fumito ueda:http://twitter.com/fumito_ueda

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on October 17th, 2010 at 12:37 am said:

Thanks much. Nice to see Ueda on Twitter.

+ Squanto666 on October 16th, 2010 at 2:15 am said:

I can’t read it but still i know when the news is coming
@Kaz_Yamauchi

+ y4x on October 16th, 2010 at 6:43 am said:

If you like beta testing games its well worth following

@combattesting

to see what we are upto. forinstance just announced that we are helping out with crysis 2

+ vannesalover4 on October 16th, 2010 at 7:25 am said:

Hey did you played Jak and daxter the lost frointer on psp

+ vannesalover4 on October 16th, 2010 at 7:28 am said:

I hav a psp 3000 vr with kingdom hearts

+ Sev1512 on October 16th, 2010 at 8:59 am said:

@PSLifestyle and @Sev_psls of course!

+ TooTall19 on October 16th, 2010 at 9:35 am said:

Hey Sid are we going to get a scheduled time that the KZ3 theme will drop like the EU got? It would be very helpful =)

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on October 16th, 2010 at 12:19 pm said:

We’ll keep you up to date on Twitter, Facebook, and the Blog. :)

+ Dosx001 on October 16th, 2010 at 10:35 am said:

yo i just wake up went 2 my PS3 n a had a new icon under PHOTO, MUSIC, and VIDEO and they belong 2 Microsoft WTF i thought u guys were enemies or something u no PS3 vs X-BOX360

+ JoeDuke4 on October 16th, 2010 at 10:36 am said:

Also you need Dylan Jobe from Lightbox maker of Warhawk and hopefully Starhawk soon!

+ unspacy on October 16th, 2010 at 12:12 pm said:

From Software makers of armored core & the japanese game series another century’s episodes which are awesome, bandai, media molecule if i spelled that right, the maker of gt5 Polyphony Digital

+ pitythefool852 on October 16th, 2010 at 12:32 pm said:

Sorry to spam unrelated threads, Sid, but can you check something out for me, please.

It might be just me, but I’m having serious trouble viewing Blog, Blog Share and the PS Forum

Google Chrome: Can not log in to Blog or Blog Share, although forums work fine
IE9: Can log in, but the layout voting boxes on Blog Share is all messed up
PS3 Browser: Can’t log in to Blog or Blog Share, layout on share is messed up, and forum threads often get cut off after the first post

Is anyone else having the same issues as me?

The Google Chrome problems only started a few days ago, so I don’t know if it is Google’s, the Blog’s or my own problem

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on October 17th, 2010 at 12:29 am said:

I use Chrome in Windows XP and everything’s hunky-dory. I’ll check into this, but yours is the only report I’ve heard.

+ Thrasher20 on October 16th, 2010 at 12:57 pm said:

I used to use this but not anymore

+ KingDubin on October 16th, 2010 at 1:18 pm said:

@#27:

I’m having none of these problems, and I use both Google Chrome and the PS3 Browser.

+ KAPBAM on October 16th, 2010 at 1:36 pm said:

@LBPGalaxy Your source for LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 news, videos, PS3 themes, favorites and contests. LittleBigPlanetGalaxy.com

Hey we #FFed you ;) And besides we really do have a huge suite of LittleBigPlanet features!

+ amplwp on October 17th, 2010 at 6:37 pm said:

Please follow: @PS3GamerGroup on twitter and PS3GamerGroup on facebook. We are a relatively new and small website dedicated to the PS3.

Thanks.

+ Spinout209 on October 18th, 2010 at 1:44 am said:

Hey my twitter is @209films follow me please. Maybe even give me a shoutout

+ InternatlGamer1 on October 18th, 2010 at 9:37 am said:

Hey I have a suggestion, would you please Publish “Final Fantasy Vs. XIII” for the PS3. That way you can keep ur PS3 exclusive. Please do this SCEI.

+ Jander on October 18th, 2010 at 10:35 pm said:

Here are some entries of my follower list, that haven’t been mentioned yet (if I didn’t miss them):

@titanstudios (Fat Princess)
@Housemarque (Super Stardust HD, Dead Nation)
@popcap_games (Bejeweled 2, Zuma)
@Team17Software (Worms, Alien Breed)
@Blue_Toad (Relentless Software, Blue Toad Murder Files)
@HudsonEnt (Bomberman)

All related to DeathSpank ;-)
@grumpygamer (Ron Gilbert)
@HotheadGames (DeathSpank, DeathSpank Thongs of Virtue)
@DeathSpank (Game Character)
@SandyBravitor (Game Character)
@Eubrick_Retired (Game Character)
@lordvonprong (Game Character)
@StoopidChicken (Game “Character”)

And last but not least a personal recommendation:
@ps3heroes (private project dedicated to PS3 trophies, offering e.g. Twitter trophy-card background)

And if you like to follow me:
@JaNd3r (PS3 enthusiast :o) )

Play on…

+ StrongManOne on October 20th, 2010 at 9:34 pm said:

it looks like it will be a great game